Leoo

Today...

Had an interview for an academic role at a top uni in the UK. I think it went okay - we will see though. Would be a massive step up from going from the bottom 50 to beyond top 5. Probably won't be able to browse reddit as much :D!

Didn't get the job - second best candidate. Onto the next one.

Luck be a Lady

Had an interview for an academic role at a top uni in the UK. I think it went okay - we will see though. Would be a massive step up from going from the bottom 50 to beyond top 5. Probably won't be able to browse reddit as much :D!

Didn't get the job - second best candidate. Onto the next one.

Sorry to hear that, but second best is still a pretty solid accomplishment.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Pretty excited today. Have a licensing exam on August 15 that I thought I'd missed the deadline for submitting documents for. Turns out my stuff did get there late, but early enough for them to register me anyway.

The deadline was like a month ago and my stuff didn't get there the day of so they sent me an email saying I couldn't write. Then today I got an email with my details to pay for the exam, apparently my stuff was a day late and they sent it anyway but never bothered to tell me.

• Like 1

I really dig the franken-car haha

I suggested making it a rat rod, but Cat wasn't having any of that.

It sounds like you have greater concern about the bike than your cousin... :P.

My brother didn't come away with any damage I was qualified to fix. He jumped up immediately and insisted he was okay, so I had him sit down and chill out while adrenaline ran its course and checked in with him again a couple minutes later.

The bike? Those were problems I could address.

rnHJQwZ.png
In a state of tranquillity, wealth, and luxury, our descendants would forget the arts of war and the noble activity and zeal which made their ancestors invincible. ~Samuel Adams; 1 August, 1776
There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but who mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. ~Daniel Webster; 15 March, 1837

I didn't realize how many half naked 12 year old girls enjoyed Chris Brown until I got on the train just now

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Chris Brown's continuing popularity is such an enlightening social phenomenon

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The scrum training was pretty cool. Was in a fancy building in downtown LA and our whole team was there for 2 days and out of the office.

Got to go out with everyone for happy hour and get to know everyone a bit better, definitely helped make me feel more comfortable as the new guy.

I get to take the the scrum master certification test for free too. I mean who knows may open up a management role down the line

• Like 1

I added mining...

gEgi1mG.gif

I currently no-op the pickaxe check so any weapon works. The progress roll is based on the weapon strength and your mining level (you can't miss). Currently it's using my magic level instead, lol, because the weapon handles what skill is bound to damage...

First level up, ever! Level 2 mining.

adXGPfl.png

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

Going to my glorious homeland of Estonia for the weekend.

And all my plans went the way of the dodo yesterday, so pretty let down.

Oh well, gotta try to take the best of it.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Chris Brown's continuing popularity is such an enlightening social phenomenon

Seriously though. I wonder if they were even aware he nearly killed Rihanna.

@Veiva you've made some serious progress lately!

For as many mostly naked white girls as Chris Brown brought out, it seems Zac Brown's audience has a near equal amount of early 20s boys who really enjoy Oakley glasses, board shorts and palm tree tank tops

Why the hell must hangovers be so bad?

Also why the hell are barbershops so expensive now? Quick online search didn't even get a trim for 40 bucks. I remember when it was 5.

RPG, what do you have against guys in their 20's wearing pineapple tank tops and shorts?

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

pineapple juice has many good qualtities

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I'm being flown in next week for an interview at a company doing consulting. So I tried getting back in touch with the other company that didn't give me an internship because I was "overqualified" to see if they might have worked out a more permanent position as they were suggesting. I was told they were not able to accommodate my level of expertise at the moment. *facedesk*

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yeah I ran into that a lot when I was job hunting.

Companies definitely weren't looking for fresh grads at all. Its either interns or 5+ years of experience 

All I can say is don't give up keep the pipeline rolling and you'll start getting 1-2 interviews a week and its eventually it will happen

Job searching is probably the most torturous experience of the modern first world

i miss mammoth hunting

• Like 1

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Today, in 9 hours, I'll be at Carowinds. It's an amusement park with a lot of rollercoasters.

Time to get some sleep!

ozXHe7P.png

Yeah I ran into that a lot when I was job hunting.

Companies definitely weren't looking for fresh grads at all. Its either interns or 5+ years of experience 

All I can say is don't give up keep the pipeline rolling and you'll start getting 1-2 interviews a week and its eventually it will happen

It seems more like the other way around - they seem to feel I'd just be bored there and whatever they would have me do is too low level.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I've never been denied a job after an interview.

Don't know if I just ace them or whatnot. I know that in at least one of the spots I got they get 10+ applicants per spot.

Pretty cool weekend, being back home during summer in our summer capital. Bloody epic here.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

10+? Most pools I see are no less than 200

Here's a question.

Why do meat products, particularly chicken, get recalled for suspected salmonella contamination?

I was taught that salmonella in chicken should just be taken for granted, that it was common enough that you should always just assume it's there, and that's why you just don't eat pink chicken and why you take care to wash your hands and any surface raw chicken (or any other meat) touches. I take it that salmonella is not as common in chicken as I thought (I thought that something like 30% of chicken would contain it)?

Obviously non meat products are a different case. Salmonella isn't expected in a salad.

Fury 325...

nawMq21.jpg

...and Nighthawk...

jQulZ5T.jpg

...were the best.

They all were amazing, but those two were the best.

We went on all but two coasters: Kiddy Hawk (I wasn't waiting in line) and a wooden one I can't remember.

We had a great time. Fast Lane was like being a VIP lol, skipping the entire line. Nighthawk and Fury had like 1-2 hour lines.

ozXHe7P.png

Here's a question.

Why do meat products, particularly chicken, get recalled for suspected salmonella contamination?

I was taught that salmonella in chicken should just be taken for granted, that it was common enough that you should always just assume it's there, and that's why you just don't eat pink chicken and why you take care to wash your hands and any surface raw chicken (or any other meat) touches. I take it that salmonella is not as common in chicken as I thought (I thought that something like 30% of chicken would contain it)?

Obviously non meat products are a different case. Salmonella isn't expected in a salad.

I don't know about salmonella regulations specifically, but most likely because A) something got past quality control or B) it's discovered that food safety standards aren't being met.

A) When you're producing many units of something on a large scale, it can quickly get very difficult to check whether each unit is up to par, especially if testing requires units to be destroyed as is often the case with foodstuffs. There are organizations (the FDA in the United States, for example) that decide how much and what kind of testing is required. Because it's not reasonable to check every single piece of chicken, it's possible for defective/unsafe units to get through. On top of that, there are many different kinds of salmonella (some more harmful to humans than others) and it takes time for the infection to be noticed and then confirmed by a doctor. On top of that, it's hard to determine the source of the infection from just one case, and more testing (time) is required to figure out what kind of salmonella is being dealt with. You can figure out where an instance of salmonella came from before knowing exactly what you're dealing with. Even if you do know what kind of salmonella it is, it can still be worth recalling because

B) It's possible the infections happened in the first place because corners were being cut during quality control or manufacturing. By not following the rules set by the standards organization, it can be difficult to tell what caused the problem in the first place and whether any other problems exist.

• Like 3