What accents do you like?

oegly41

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish accents are good. They vary so much though here, A Dublin accent is completely different to a Limerick accent (Mid-West of Ireland) and a Northern accent is completely different to a Dublin accent as well.

I've always loved the Jamaican accent.

I'm pretty good at imitating the Russian accent....but only with one phrase:

"premium russian vodka"

I love the French accent. Always thought of it as hawt.

Thats one of the reasons why I like it back home <3:

I also kinda like the chavvy english accent o.O

I can imitate it quite well... and I find it fun to do so :lol:

An accent is tone of voice. Everybody has an accent. Even people from California. So with "no accent", I suppose you mean "Northern-state American accent".

Nope. Californians don't really have accents. It might be because this is where Movies and T.V. are made. If you count slang people do say like, dude and hella a lot. Although hella is only a norcal thing.

I just like no accents. I'm from California. Theres not really an accent here. Southern accents are kinda hot on girls though.

There is NO accent here lol...unless American is an accent. Do you live in the Bay Area? I live in San jose :-#

San Francisco. :thumbsup:

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Nope. Californians don't really have accents. It might be because this is where Movies and T.V. are made. If you count slang people do say like, dude and hella a lot. Although hella is only a norcal thing.

Californians do have accents. Their accent may be flat and sterile, but it's still an accent. I am aware that many Americans probably are told that speaking with an accent is the same as speaking different. However, having an accent is simply a way of speaking, and everyone has a way of speaking, from Russians to Microsoft Sam. What makes you think that Californians are the only people in the world without an accent?

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Californians do have accents. Their accent may be flat and sterile, but it's still an accent. I am aware that many Americans probably are told that speaking with an accent is the same as speaking different. However, having an accent is simply a way of speaking, and everyone has a way of speaking, from Russians to Microsoft Sam. What makes you think that Californians are the only people in the world without an accent?

He didn't say that, he just said he doesn't have one (which he does, of course).

I like Aussie accents. :D

News anchors don't have accents. The just speak plainly. That is how Californian's speak. I would say that is not having an accent. Sorry if I didn't whip out my websters and look it up to find the exact definition.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

Take a British news anchor and take an American anchor. I hear a huge difference.

ever watch bbc world?

For some reason the reporters on "Russia Today" are british, or at least have british accents.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Well I know that to people from the south or somewhere people in California would sound different. I mean that if you just listen people from California just speak plainly.

Well I know that to people from the south or somewhere people in California would sound different. I mean that if you just listen people from California just speak plainly.

Ok, so you're saying that people who aren't from California hear an accent in the way Californians speak? That's what I'm saying as well. That just means you're in the exact same boat as everyone else.

Because, you see, if I just listen to a Californian person speak, I hear the rolled 'r's of the American accent. It's not "plain" to my ears - it's all subjective and depends on where the listener is from.

He didn't say that, he just said he doesn't have one (which he does, of course).

I like Aussie accents. :D

Which traditional Australian, or the more 'americanised' version (thanks to the [cabbage]loads of american television we recieve)?

I myself am a sucker of british accents, though it's generally the thicker accents like from Yorkshire and cockney

also there is much love for Irish accents <3:<3:<3:

1yrb49.jpg

I hear that NZ has an absolutely terrible accent to hear, I obviously wouldn't know, but my parents moved to England for a while before I was born and when they came back they said it wasn't a nice thing to hear :P

I don't really have an accent my self :P

Hah

Doomy edit: I like sheep