Why the 360 sucks

Faux

1. Live expense - $50/yr is a little cheaper than a brand new game, but it still adds up over the years. I've owned my 360 for a year and a half now so that's just a bit over $100 on online alone. Is being able to play multiplayer online worth that much? As far as I'm concerned, it's a decent price because Live still offers better online experience than PSN or w/e the Wii network is. But once the PSN catches up to Live, there's no way is it justifiable for Microsoft to charge us about $4 a month.

2. RROD - My first 360 died on me a few weeks after purchase. But since it had warranty, I got a replacement right after. It's been working fine for a year now. IMO, Microsoft has to offer a life-long warranty on these things because it's their fault that they released the console too early.

3. Cost of accessories - $100 for the wheel and $100 for the wifi adapter? that's outrageous. 360 is the only console which doesn't have wifi included and at this day and age, that's [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed]ed. What was Microsoft thinking? Even the Wii has it.

4. Power supply - this thing is [bleep]ing huge.

5. the D-pad - 360's controller would've been the perfect controller if it wasn't for the d-pad. Honestly, the placement of the buttons, triggers, joysticks are perfect and the ergonomic shape of the controller is better than any other controller. The only other controllers that could be considered better would be the Gamecube's and the Dreamcast's.

1. Live expense - $50/yr is a little cheaper than a brand new game, but it still adds up over the years. I've owned my 360 for a year and a half now so that's just a bit over $100 on online alone. Is being able to play multiplayer online worth that much? As far as I'm concerned, it's a decent price because Live still offers better online experience than PSN or w/e the Wii network is. But once the PSN catches up to Live, there's no way is it justifiable for Microsoft to charge us about $4 a month.

2. RROD - My first 360 died on me a few weeks after purchase. But since it had warranty, I got a replacement right after. It's been working fine for a year now. IMO, Microsoft has to offer a life-long warranty on these things because it's their fault that they released the console too early.

3. Cost of accessories - $100 for the wheel and $100 for the wifi adapter? that's outrageous. 360 is the only console which doesn't have wifi included and at this day and age, that's [bleep] [developmentally delayed]. What was Microsoft thinking? Even the Wii has it.

4. Power supply - this thing is [bleep] huge.

5. the D-pad - 360's controller would've been the perfect controller if it wasn't for the d-pad. Honestly, the placement of the buttons, triggers, joysticks are perfect and the ergonomic shape of the controller is better than any other controller. The only other controllers that could be considered better would be the Gamecube's and the Dreamcast's.

1 - Runescape is $60 a year, and if your really good at it you cant make real-life money for it can you? (Gamebattles/MLG)

2 - Thats true. The lifetime warrenty would be great. But, if you have it on its side, there ya go. Thats whats going on. Otherwise, I agree.

3 - The 360 can be plugged up online many different ways. The adapter is the last resort IMO. You can plug the ethernet cable to a laptop, or straight to a router (in my case).

4 - Yes. Yes it is.

5 - But, think about what the d-pad is for in most games. Ex. Cod4, its used for night vision and inventory ect. With a joystick, how would that work out?

But thats just my opinion. I lurve my 360

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

1) That's less than a day's worth of work for me, hell, that's 5-6 hours of work including taxes.

2)My 360 has been fine, my families has been fine. I can't really say anything beyond that.

3) Wifi adapter is a ripoff.

4)Ehh... ok?

5)You use a D-Pad?

No U!

1. Pocket change.

2. The new Pro's (which almost everyone has) are now durable and last.

3. Get your cheap [wagon] out of here then.

4. O ty

5. D-pad is useful in Cod4 (like other guy said with night vision/ inv.) and Halo (Talk to a big team).

P.S. Um no actually the SNES controller is the best.

4)Ehh... ok?

5)You use a D-Pad?

I was grasping for straws after #3

I noticed. :P .

I have to agree the Dreamcast controller was great, back in the day. Now I couldn't play games like Quake III for [cabbage] though with only 1 analog stick.

2 - Thats true. The lifetime warrenty would be great. But, if you have it on its side, there ya go. Thats whats going on. Otherwise, I agree.

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah, hold up a second. What do you mean on it's side? I have mine on it's side because there's no room to stand it up, lest it might be accidentally knocked over, am I greater risk of RROD or something?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Whoah whoah whoah whoah whoah, hold up a second. What do you mean on it's side? I have mine on it's side because there's no room to stand it up, lest it might be accidentally knocked over, am I greater risk of RROD or something?

um i think when he say on it side he mean stand up. he just using bad wording lol :ugeek:

I think it greatens the risk because of how it blocks the hot air from coming out of the side vent. I think that why mine got the RROD and is now in the repair shop.

On the other hand, when I used to stand it straight up, it got knocked over 3 times, scratching 3 disks.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I think it greatens the risk because of how it blocks the hot air from coming out of the side vent. I think that why mine got the RROD and is now in the repair shop.

On the other hand, when I used to stand it straight up, it got knocked over 3 times, scratching 3 disks.

Exactly. It dosnt let the heat out of the side vent, thus causing a chip burn-up (red ring of DOOOOOOM) and having to be sent in for repairs.

When you stand it up, but bookholders on the sides, or place it between something. it helps alot.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Weren't you defending the 360 on the Ps3 vs Xbox 360 thread?

Anyway, yes, the brick is huge (it's smaller now, but it's still big)

RROD is almost extinct,, except for a few cases. Which are mostly old/refurbished 360s.

Live shouldn't be free, just lower the price, something like 20$-30$.(I don't know why)

On accesories, you use the wheel? i found it useless. Accesories are overpriced, but you don't really need any (except maybe the P&C kit). Xbox should have Wi-Fi, it sucks that it dosn't have but instead of the expensive adapter, you can use a wireless bridge, works the same and is about 25$.

Or you can connect it in a laptop, if your router is across the room or you can buy a bigger ethernet cable and put it around the room.

Weren't you defending the 360 on the Ps3 vs Xbox 360 thread?

Anyway, yes, the brick is huge (it's smaller now, but it's still big)

RROD is almost extinct,, except for a few cases. Which are mostly old/refurbished 360s.

Live shouldn't be free, just lower the price, something like 20$-30$.(I don't know why)

On accesories, you use the wheel? i found it useless. Accesories are overpriced, but you don't really need any (except maybe the P&C kit). Xbox should have Wi-Fi, it sucks that it dosn't have but instead of the expensive adapter, you can use a wireless bridge, works the same and is about 25$.

Or you can connect it in a laptop, if your router is across the room or you can buy a bigger ethernet cable and put it around the room.

This is a joke thread methinks.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Except for the last two, these are legit arguments against the 360. The fact is, 360 isn't perfect. But it's currently better than the alternatives. Can Microsoft keep that advantage in the future? I don't care as long as I'm enjoying the console now. I don't have any allegiance with these companies. I had a Gamecube last gen, before that I had the PS1, and before that I had the Famicom (not the NES, the Famicom)

I dont own a 360 but a ps3 and i instnatly get branded a fanboy for not having one and all i can say with is that i had a 360 to play bioshock, halo and dead rising.My 360 died on me during halo 3 leaving me to salvage a freinds to finish it because im a huge halo fan, combat evolved is in my top 2 shooters and i think bioshock is phenomenal.

But seriosuley i had trepedation even putting a disk in the drive that it might RROD on me and i would have to go through the rigmorall to get it fixed.

Other than that the only bad thing imo is that it sounds like a pacyfied hotrod with that drive spinning around, comparable to a jet engine.

And it doesnt suck,it has the second best game library ever for a console, if youre a serious console gamer your likely to own one and its the best platform to play madden and gta on which is the most important thing when johnny gamer is buyingone.

LONG LIVE PC!!!!

tifsdac6mc.gif

I dont own a 360 but a ps3 and i instnatly get branded a fanboy for not having one and all i can say with is that i had a 360 to play bioshock, halo and dead rising.My 360 died on me during halo 3 leaving me to salvage a freinds to finish it because im a huge halo fan, combat evolved is in my top 2 shooters and i think bioshock is phenomenal.

But seriosuley i had trepedation even putting a disk in the drive that it might RROD on me and i would have to go through the rigmorall to get it fixed.

Other than that the only bad thing imo is that it sounds like a pacyfied hotrod with that drive spinning around, comparable to a jet engine.

And it doesnt suck,it has the second best game library ever for a console, if youre a serious console gamer your likely to own one and its the best platform to play madden and gta on which is the most important thing when johnny gamer is buyingone.

LONG LIVE PC!!!!

If I could afford them, I'll buy a PS3 and a Wii. I'll put the PS3 in the living room and then burn the Wii after ****ing on it.

I thought thats why they called it the 360.

So you'd turn 360 degrees and walk away from it.

Sort of a pre-purchase suggestion or something.

Turning 360 would bring you back to looking at it. :wall:

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Unless you're playing Michael Quest 2, as CE clearly pointed out.

Lol I didn't see that when I posted.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)