High Detail Mode And Training Magic With Stun

Weslee_Dean

I went from 88 to 94 magic using stun before high detail mode came out. It was a lot faster than high alching, but the downside was that its somewhat expensive and requires more attention + repetetive stress from mouse movement and clicking.

But, with high detail mode, I've found that its still expensive, but there is a way to elimate the attention and repetition part. You will essentially only need to do one mouse click and open and close your spell book. The trick is to place a monster directly under where the "Cast stun" option is. Now place your mouse over "cast stun". [ Click mouse to select stun, Hit F7 to close book, Click mouse to stun monster, Hit F7 to open book ] Notice the pattern? All you do is F7,click mouse, F7, click mouse. Now with a little intuition, you can rebind your keyboard. So move F7 to someplace that works for you, and make another key a left mouse click. Now you can just press one key and then the other, and get about 100K magic xp an hour :) Edit: The reason this is good is you can just use 1 hand to press 2 keys, its just like tapping your fingers. It's requires almost no attention. You don't have to think or even look at the screen (but be sure to glance at the screen incase of random events!). So you can do this and watch a movie at the same time. :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

I did this by using mousekeys, which for XP can switched on under accesibility options on the Control Panel. That makes numpad 5 a left mouseclick. So all you have to do is rebind F7 and numpad 5, which I did using "sharpkeys" (just google it).

Edit: Here are 3 screen shots. The first 2 show how to enable mousekeys in XP. The third shows how I have rebound my keyboard in "sharpkeys".

pic1qv6.jpg

pic2wy9.jpg

pic3cd0.jpg

See short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMqM4bvTxQ

nice but i think it's called

Repetetive Strain Injury :)

learned it in school last year ^^

Nice guide tho! :thumbsup:

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

Good guide, but stun seems to be very expensive if you're buying all the soul runes... From 82 to 90, it would cost me 12.25mil just for the soul runes... I guess this would work with other spells, so good guide, none the less.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Great guide, but I do have a few questions.

1) Can you mention how to rebind keys? I'm not very good with computers, so if you could tell me how it would be much appreciated.

2) Do you have to be on high detail for this to work? Other than making runescape look prettier, I don't understand how it could affect whether or not you can use this guide, especially if you use mouse keys.

3) Can you substitute Stunning for Cursing? I've never wanted to cast a few hundred thousand spells, but if your guide makes it this easy I'm sure I could manage.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the Runescape community. In doing so you make everybody who read this guide a little smarter.

Sir_Ddude.gif

1) Can you mention how to rebind keys? I'm not very good with computers, so if you could tell me how it would be much appreciated.

It can be done through changing your registry on your own. But, I used a program called "sharpkeys" that changes the registry for you, which makes it much simpler(try googling it). If you already have switched on "MouseKeys" (Numpad 5 will now be a left mouse click), here is an example to rebind your keyboard in SharpKeys:

Make "from" (Key of your choice) --- I used Numpad "."

--> Make "to" Function F7

Make "from" (Key of your choice) --- I used Numpad "Enter"

-->Make function "to" Numpad 5

Click write to registry.

Now logoff and log back on to windows, your keys should be rebound.

(If you want to unbind just click "delete all" and logoff then log on)

2) Do you have to be on high detail for this to work? Other than making runescape look prettier, I don't understand how it could affect whether or not you can use this guide, especially if you use mouse keys.

Yes. The trick here is closing the spellbook and having a monster under your spell. The spellbook in low detail is off in its own area and won't work. You'll understand better if you try it.

3) Can you substitute Stunning for Cursing? I've never wanted to cast a few hundred thousand spells, but if your guide makes it this easy I'm sure I could manage.

Sure, this seems like a good way to cast any non-autocastable spell on a stationary target.

very nice guide and if u want carpal tunnel even faster (idk if its faster xp or not) u could alch between stuns a few ppl in my clan (divine vengeance ftw \') have gotten 99 mage doin that but idk if it costs more or less im entirely to lazy to calc or ask :wall:

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

I just did 1.5 curses. It may be the cheapest but it is the most boring thing I have ever done. You can't use your computer for anything else as the time, but I guess it's going to be like that with any type of mage training. I got a keyboard mapper and put my F7 where my 4 is on my numpad and then turn on mouse keys you can just press 4,5,4,5,4,5 forever. I was good but soo boring.

Chalksmith.png

Chalksmith.png

This is a really good idea! If I wasn't broke I would try it lol. :thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

Edit: Stringing jewelry is about 130k xp an hour. But you can only buy unstrung unholy or holy symbols in the GE in mass. They cost 140 GP and cannot be sold back (junk). So you make more xp per hour but lose more money overall then stun, but its still a good choice. I went from 97 to 98 magic stringing and lost about 6 million :)

Plank make depends, I don't think you make a profit anymore now that its easier.

I had all my friends place orders for me so me and my friends would all get like 500 or 1k a day each (I forget)... both unstrung holy symbols and unstrung gold ammies

after you string them you can alch or sell to gen store. if you've got at least 5 friends placing orders for you it's real easy to stock up on them

haven't done plank-make in a few months... I made a profit back when I did

77yLQy8.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...