Didn't Keep My Whip On Death...

MicroLegionnaire

Yep I know, its painfull when you apear in lumby, look in your invy and dont see a whip in there.

I think that with the ge, it should just be done on mid values, that would make it much better imo. And reduce the losses you suffer.

Although...it does keep us on our toes :ohnoes:

Foth.png

I REALLY wish we would be able to select which items we keep on death, high alch values aren't reliable...

High alch values are very reliable, they even added a feature into the game a year or so ago where you can see what items you'll keep on death.

And the cool thing about high alch values is that they never change, unlike market values. And no choosing your items kept on death. This is runescape not let's-take-the-challenge-out-of-death...um, scape.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Alot of items keep over Whip, and the General store/high alch values determine what you keep.

As already stated, look at what it is you will lose... Consider yourself lucky, some people lose void, fire capes and other hard to obtain items.

Use a Ring of Life next time.

Why didn't you check what items you would keep on you before you headed out?

QFT. We have that option now, why didn't you take three seconds to check?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Well at least you have something to look forward to again: getting money for another whip. :mrgreen:

I don't like it when I lost items either. But if I haven't lost my whip that one day (when they were 3m at the time...) then I probably would've never got into skilling since I started Fishing for my money back.

Choosing what items you could keep would remove what little risk is left in the game.

that's not true at all...if you talk to the lumbridge tutors or look on the RS KB you will find that Jagex explicitly says that on death your 3 most "valuable" items are kept. According to this statement the whip should be kept as it fetches a higher value on the G.E. and is thus considered a more "valuable" item than the dh stuff and drag sq...the fact that he lost his whip means that Jagex's system of "valuing" items is fatally flawed and they should do something about it such as letting us choose which items to keep.

after all it should be OUR RIGHT to choose which 3 items we want to keep since jagex says that the 3 most "valuable" items and kept and since different people will value their items differently...depending on sentimental value, usefulness to them etc.

besides if you are carrying lots of items you will still lose the other valuable items making the game a risk...he is not suggesting that one loses nothing on death...only suggesting that jagex improves their "valuation" system.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Choosing what items you could keep would remove what little risk is left in the game.

that's not true at all...if you talk to the lumbridge tutors or look on the RS KB you will find that Jagex explicitly says that on death your 3 most "valuable" items are kept. According to this statement the whip should be kept as it fetches a higher value on the G.E. and is thus considered a more "valuable" item than the dh stuff and drag sq...the fact that he lost his whip means that Jagex's system of "valuing" items is fatally flawed and they should do something about it such as letting us choose which items to keep.

after all it should be OUR RIGHT to choose which 3 items we want to keep since jagex says that the 3 most "valuable" items and kept and since different people will value their items differently...depending on sentimental value, usefulness to them etc.

besides if you are carrying lots of items you will still lose the other valuable items making the game a risk...he is not suggesting that one loses nothing on death...only suggesting that jagex improves their "valuation" system.

Wrong. Your 3 most valuable items are kept, according to their high alchemy value, a system that's been in place long before the grand exchange and a standard market value for items ever existed. Letting you choose which items to keep would make people stupidly careless while running around with items liek rares and, as you can tell, whips and items of the sort. The system isn't flawed, this is just the anger of players saying "oh well it inconveniences me in some way, IT HAS TO GO!" It's not unfair that the original poster lost his whip even though it was higher on the grand exchange, it's called challenge. Don't die, and you won't even have to worry about what you keep upon death.

When you said it should be "our right to choose which items kept on death" I had to laugh. What gives you this sense of entitlement that everything you want, you suddenly have the "right to"? You don't have the "right" to choose what items you keep on death, you have the right to play the game with as minimal bugs as possible in the way Jagex wants it to be designed with as much player input as they would like. You have the right to pay for membership, should you decide to, and not break the rules if you don't expect to be punished. Those are the only things you have a right to in this game.

Why should Jagex bother putting in a system that a tiny amount of players care enough about to speak up about it, that will only end up bringing in more complaining when, say, someone is disconnected and doesn't even get to keep an item because the screen disappeared upon logout? Or when the items update and suddenly your whip isn't as expensive as something else in your inventory, and you lose it anyway.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, maybe they were training and a whip is a more viable weapon to use.

j0xPu5R.png

That doesn't excuse them from not looking to see if you keep it on death or not.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

If you were able to choose items kept upon death then it would make quite a few items crash. One example is barrow helms which are not protected over the other 3 parts of the set this is what makes them more valuable than the other parts as they are lost most often and more supply is needed for them. Ranger boots would crash as a lot of things protect over them. Armadyl armour would crash even more. I imagine this would have a counter effect increasing the price of other barrows items as such.

Yeah, instead of losing your most valuable item you would now lose what you are supposed to lose. What the hell do you mean? Anyway, instead of selecting kept items just make it based upon something else, like real values according to the players themselves - why not the G.E values? (not for holiday items, since they weren't supposed to be signs of wealth in the first place, but the whip situation is a prime example)

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Yeah, instead of losing your most valuable item you would now lose what you are supposed to lose. What the hell do you mean? Anyway, instead of selecting kept items just make it based upon something else, like real values according to the players themselves - why not the G.E values? (not for holiday items, since they weren't supposed to be signs of wealth in the first place, but the whip situation is a prime example)

Some items are more expensive for the sole reason that they are dropped upon death over other items in the set, as shown by barrows helmets and somewhat in whips. Putting this in wouldn't make people drop "what they're supposed to", it would only make the situation that much more confusing having to check not only every day, but every time you log in to make sure your set hasn't suddenly changed and your whip no longer protects over something else because the lack of risk in such items are causing them to crash, meaning you'll lose them anyway.

And why should rares be treated special? They're regular items like anything else in Jagex's eyes, they just happen to be more sought after. That's why their high alch is about 3gp.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

And why should rares be treated special? They're regular items like anything else in Jagex's eyes, they just happen to be more sought after. That's why their high alch is about 3gp.

I wrote my reason: the reason they're worth anything is because Jagex made a mistake. They'd probably be happy if they can eliminate the rares market as well.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

More or less. After the loss of PK, an inserted GE, and equv trade, the risk went down, and the player friendliness went up. By that I mean the game's guiding capabilities. Actual player friendliness between the RS community is too much to ask for.

I wrote my reason: the reason they're worth anything is because Jagex made a mistake. They'd probably be happy if they can eliminate the rares market as well.

Rare's are treated specially because they're rare, obviously. Items from long-ago events that can never be gained again are coveted because of their limit. There can only be less of them in the future, causing their prices to go up. Ever since the RC guild opened, and that lady was looking at Talismans for extra experience and what not, the price of talismans increased drastically, around 20% depending on the availability.

Hit it on the head. You use a whip because it's viable however it is pricey and has low keeping priority.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Hit it on the head. You use a whip because it's viable however it is pricey and has low keeping priority.

Yep, you have to weigh up your options and risks. If you take the risk, you have to accept the chance that you might get the wrong end of the stick.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I REALLY wish we would be able to select which items we keep on death, high alch values aren't reliable...

High alch values are very reliable, they even added a feature into the game a year or so ago where you can see what items you'll keep on death.

And the cool thing about high alch values is that they never change, unlike market values. And no choosing your items kept on death. This is runescape not let's-take-the-challenge-out-of-death...um, scape.

Dat's lyke maulerwafflerz.

And yea, check what items you keep on death...

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.