Help with job ideas

RSBDavid

(To admin, we really need a OT H & A)

I have an A+ certification in computer networking and repair. I am a senior in High school.

Where are some places I should apply to get a job. I need to make about 3 grand over the next few months then I need to get money for college.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I hear there is good money in computer repairing and stuff like that. Or you could try something you like that is related to that.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

Yeah, go work at repairing computers and stuff. A local computer store charged me $300 to fix my computer.

$100 for labor,

$175 for an antivirus scan

$15 for some other BS.

Yeah, he never ran any antivirus scan, he just booted up and reverted my computer to the day I bought it. Yeah...

Pretty good money I guess though.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Yeah, helping out at a specialty repair shop or even a chain like Circuit City sound like your best bet.

If not, you could always start up a lawnmowing service. My brother made an easy 2,000 dollars working two days a week for two months his summer. Rich people with large lawns (look especially for flat ones) pay anywhere from 50-100 dollars for a couple hours of work down here.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Yeah, go work at repairing computers and stuff. A local computer store charged me $300 to fix my computer.

$100 for labor,

$15 for some other BS.

Yeah, he never ran any antivirus scan, he just booted up and reverted my computer to the day I bought it. Yeah...

You probably should have asked them for a quote before you got them to do the job for you.

Cool.

$100 for labor,

$15 for some other BS.

You probably should have asked them for a quote before you got them to do the job for you.

Hah yeah, that's a [cabbage] price. Hell if they make that much I'll be fixing computers. :P

$100 for labor,

$15 for some other BS.

you forget that after his company takes most of the money, then the government taxes him on the rest, he wont have very much left.

Deliver pizzas. There's no tax on the tips you make and believe me, if you work weekends, you make over $75 in tips in one night, along with your wage. I did it for a year and I had a blast doing it.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Did you check if your school had an opening as an assistant to the local tech? Might conflict with your schedule, buy maybe their is something you could do after school or a few hours before to earn a little extra cash. Depends on the school I suppose, mine already had two techs so their was no openings as I understood it.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Where are some places I should apply to get a job. I need to make about 3 grand over the next few months then I need to get money for college.

Considering that you're just out of high school, that's pretty much impossible.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

$3,000 in a few months is far from impossible if he works full time, even at minimum wage.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

work at Burger King like me!! :thumbsup:

I mean, im 17 but ive worked till 1am on many occasions, get paid minimum, gained weight since your only allowed to eat food from the store on break, and I hate it!!

But seriously, if you work there you will never ever complain about a job again

Sig

Definitely not impossible, I work 30-40 hours a week at a grocery store for 9$ an hour, so my biweekly pay is $500+ after taxes and crap, 3 months at $500 biweekly would earn me $3000. Only working for the summer though, going to university in September.

Combat FTL

Combat_FTL.png

Did you check if your school had an opening as an assistant to the local tech? Might conflict with your schedule, buy maybe their is something you could do after school or a few hours before to earn a little extra cash. Depends on the school I suppose, mine already had two techs so their was no openings as I understood it.

I tried that already. They require a degree, even to help. It is just [developmentally delayed]ed. I have actually caught them playing WOW. The one fat tech guy is a lvl 65 Shaman >.<

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I hope that's a joke. Working at a place like that is just asking to go crazy.

I think he meant working in a piss-poor environment such as Burger King will make you appreciate any other job you would ever have.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I've made about $3,500 this summer alone working full time @ $10/h. I probably could have made close to $4,000 too but I had a lot of shorter days or off days.