Russia threatens U.S. and Poland with Nuclear Attack.

mrsmarty1

I love the people that say "Oh good I don't live in the US, I'm safe."

To quote Tolkien/Peter Jackson, through Merry (Might have been Pippin), talking to Treebeard...

"But you're part of this world, aren't you?...You must help...Please."

Guess what the Ents ended up doing? Seeing all the bad that Saruman did, and then they destroyed Isengard.

A country like Canada or Great Britain most likely won't remain neutral if a war does occur. Just like the Ents didn't stay neutral. Yeah, it might not be their/your war in the first place, but it will be. Because you're part of this world.

And that's it for my Tolkien quote for the day.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say, even though it's bad, I burst out laughing when there was the quote about bush saying you can't threaten countries in the 21st century, after watching john stewart a few days ago.

And

even though its off-topic, why would you post this on a runescape guide forum....let the governments handle this.

Um...

Why are there any threads here then? Why don't we let people deal with their own issues, and not have any discussion ever. Why do people talk about games in the video games section, this is a runescape forum after all, why can't they just play the games them selves.

#-o

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This is why we got to put and end to power-hungry governments. The measly 1% of the world is going to kill the other 99%.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Alliances.

And if they use nukes, so do we. Simple as that. We don't use nukes first, but if it comes to that, so be it.

Hopefully we'll never come to the point where nuclear weapons need to be used, and even if they do, I think we can dismantle them or something with another rocket.

Plus they have more warheads than the U.S. and U.K. combined, and we're the next highest. Although most of theirs are Cold War-era, when dropped from a bomber, they could still do far more damage than the Enola Gay's. Russia also has double the nuclear submarines of the entire world, I believe. All the same, it would be a terrible war, with nobody winning.

This is looking more like a desperate statement by them. Russia's produced some of the greatest generals and politicians over the years, they know the consequences of their actions.

Their timing sucks, though.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Alliances.

And if they use nukes, so do we. Simple as that. We don't use nukes first, but if it comes to that, so be it.

Hopefully we'll never come to the point where nuclear weapons need to be used, and even if they do, I think we can dismantle them or something with another rocket.

Agreed. Nuclear weapons are not a good thing in any case.

But if it comes to that, so be it.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Did anyone else read David Cameron's plan to punish Russia for this and their action in Georgia? Stop wealthy Russians living in UK from shopping at Harrods. Russia issues threats of completely obliterating a nation, and our probable next government will stop them buying caviar from an Egyptian grocer - how pathetic. It's scary to think that the Tories have a realistic chance of getting power when they're lead by a man who is so naive as to leave his bike outside a shop unlocked and think nobody will nick it, hate Brown all you want but he isn't that daft - he grew up in Kirkcaldy (near me).

I know it's slightly off-topic but it does relate to this peripherally but didn't deserve it's own thread.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Did anyone else read David Cameron's plan to punish Russia for this and their action in Georgia? Stop wealthy Russians living in UK from shopping at Harrods. Russia issues threats of completely obliterating a nation, and our probable next government will stop them buying caviar from an Egyptian grocer - how pathetic. It's scary to think that the Tories have a realistic chance of getting power when they're lead by a man who is so naive as to leave his bike outside a shop unlocked and think nobody will nick it, hate Brown all you want but he isn't that daft - he grew up in Kirkcaldy (near me).

I know it's slightly off-topic but it does relate to this peripherally but didn't deserve it's own thread.

I'm glad Britain's on our side.

Also, on the wealthy Russian note, Russia has the highest concentration of billionaires in the world. We just need them to pay for peace. Easy.

Let the U.S secretly get allied with china and North Korea and then "quietly" blow up Russia with hundreds of bombs =D

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Let the U.S secretly get allied with china and North Korea and then "quietly" blow up Russia with hundreds of bombs =D

We're already technically allied with China, after just about all of our plastic products come from China.

And bombs are a last resort as always. They do not only hurt forces, they hurt small children, innocent workers, people who never even deserved it get owned. Thats why I strongly opposed Hiroshima and nagasaki.

We're already technically allied with China, after just about all of our plastic products come from China.

And bombs are a last resort as always. They do not only hurt forces, they hurt small children, innocent workers, people who never even deserved it get owned. Thats why I strongly opposed Hiroshima and nagasaki.

same things with using guns, except people actually feel more pain being shot. At least with a bomb its an instant and painless death...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Good to know we had people like you standing up back there.

If we didn't do it in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, thousands of U.S. troops would have died.

Japanese fighters were some of the craziest mother-[bleep]ers you could imagine back during World War II. If they were dismembered, they would try to bite the pins off of their grenades and nudge them at you. When their pilots got shot down, they would aim for ships. And the war in the Pacific was going terribly. Millions probably would have ended up dying, as much of the Nazi science involving ICBMs and the like was being given to Japan.

Thats why I strongly opposed Hiroshima and nagasaki.

You were alive then?

I just heard that Russia is going to leave NATO as well. Could have figured that would happen.

Man, they really miss being the big bad Soviets, don't they?

Russia is a danger to the entire world. They need to be destroyed.

For every nuke that hits us or any other country, I hope 10 hit them.

U.S. is a danger to the entire world too... maybe Russia is more dangerous, but U.S. has killed lots in wars too.

And shouldn't that mean that Japan owes you 4 nukes?

16185_s.gif

Russia is a danger to the entire world. They need to be destroyed.

For every nuke that hits us or any other country, I hope 10 hit them.

U.S. is a danger to the entire world too... maybe Russia is more dangerous, but U.S. has killed lots in wars too.

And shouldn't that mean that Japan owes you 4 nukes?

Ten times two is twenty. And they were bombs. Not warheads.

I like factuality.

Strange that there aren't any articles about this on major news sites. The only things I can find concerning Russia are about their supposed withdrawl from Georgia. You would think a nuclear threat would be kind of important...