Why do you have a main & what is good about a main ?

STDracula

A lot of people have main or mains these day and I have no idea why they should have one at the first place....

I personaly only have 1 account. Used to have another account but got hack and I only focus on one acount not any other account because i find that i can make one account super good rather then spending other time making another account and work hard on training it good !

So if you have a main. Please tell me why you have a main and what is it for ? and why did you make one in the first place ?? :pray:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

do you even know what a main is?

Yes i do and i m wondering why people have 1 in the first place !

huntintheenemy-1.png

a main is the account you play the most on and do every skill. if you only have 1 account that is your main account. everyone has a main. so why do you make posts if you dont know what a main account is. gtfo

M8 1 account can't count as a main ! A main is the Main 1 you play on out of 2 or more account if there is only 1 then main doesn't count =P

huntintheenemy-1.png

It's pretty obvious he means Why do people have a main and alternate accounts rather than just a single account? Read between the lines people.

I have a main and alt accounts because Jagex Mod are rubbish and gave my main black marks for no good reason. I also occasionally start alts when I fancy reliving old quests, since you can't do quests more than once and some of them have some very interesting puzzles and fights, such as Eyes of Glouphrie, and Horror From the Deep. I switch bettween paying for my main and any particular alt. It's also nice to level up quickly copared to the huge slog my main now has to go through for every level. It's at least an afternoon work for a single on my main, but i can get 30-40 levels off a new account, and a good half dozen level in an afternoon on one of my more developed alts.

Hope that helps.

a main is the account you play the most on and do every skill. if you only have 1 account that is your main account. everyone has a main. so why do you make posts if you dont know what a main account is. gtfo

M8 1 account can't count as a main ! A main is the Main 1 you play on out of 2 or more account if there is only 1 then main doesn't count =P

Wait, so wouldn't it make more sense to ask why we have ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS? Why do I have a main account? Because I play Runescape. That's why. Why do I have an ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT? Because sometimes I get a little bored playing my main account.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I have 4 accounts, I only use 1... VERY RARELY i will use my others (only when i feel like). That is my "main" I used to use them more often but they got too boring its like wasting time on a inferiour account when i could be using it to further my best account

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Your main is your character, usually your first one. The one you use..Its stupid that all the chars in rs are getting classifications and names.. You can't not have a main.. =\

Main

Skiller

Pure

Pker

Mauler

Obbywhatever

steel-rune pure

:wall:

35b9enp.jpg

I'd suggest altering your question. Everybody has a main. If you don't have a main, you don't play Runescape. Either that, or you don't know what a main is.

To answer the question, people have different accounts for a change of scenery, or to relive fun parts of the game. I have a quest pure, because I love quests, but already have a quest cape on my main. People have pures because they're generally better at Pvp, and they think pking is fun.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Wait, so wouldn't it make more sense to ask why we have ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTS? Why do I have a main account? Because I play Runescape. That's why. Why do I have an ADDITIONAL ACCOUNT? Because sometimes I get a little bored playing my main account.

lol pwnt a main as any char that you play the majority of the time wheather you have 1 or 23 a main is the one you play the most

Y_Z.png

Personally I don't understand why people would have more than one account. Why spread time on two characters, or more is some cases, and only have moderate skills, when you can have focused all that time on one character and quite possibly have really decent skills, maybe even a lvl 99. But it's just senseless in my opinion to more than one account.

Well, I see enough people have already bombarded you with the fact that everyone has a main, so, I'll just be moving on.

Alternate accounts can either be good for skilling or pking (in other words a pure). One would make a skiller because most don't train their skillers combat, but only non combat skills like woodcutting, firemaking, etc. This would make the character seem more impressive. You might ask, why not get a high woodcutting on your main? Well, because most likely your main is above level 80 or 90, so it wouldn't be too impressive to be having a 99 on that skill. Sometimes, people just make skillers to have 2 skillcapes when they already got the previous one. :P

Pures are used mostly for pking, because they are concentrated in 1 or 2 combat stats only. They don't do non combat skills unless they are useful for pking other people. There are tanks (high defence), beserkers (high strength), maulers (high strength, maul weapons), obby berserkers (high strength, obby weapons), etc. The reason they concentrate in one skill is to keep their combat down, making them targets for higher combat people. They come and attack them, only to find that they hit extremely high numbers, and in most cases, getting killed by the pures.

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

• 2 weeks later...

I was a f2p melee addict, so I made a pure so that I would train HIS melee skills while just skilling on mah main. I don't need it much anymore :P

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]