Combat

EdgedThesis

Two questions: Where can I find out my damage output?And are there any cheap damage modifiers you recommend?

Falcon Kick + Steel toed boots (+4 [bleep]! That hurt!) Shouldn't cost too much at a good store. :P

On the original topic: Fighting over pointless things is, well, pointless. I'm only going to be serious in a situation where death/serious injury of myself, friends or family is a possibilty. And in that case, I'm not punching. I'm using a baseball bat.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm feeling pretty ignorant right now.

People who've had experience with real fights have been saying that there's a high possibility of death, which I just couldn't imagine happening from a punch or kick. Well, if you take it too far, obviously that's a possibility--but still.

Like I've told you, I haven't been in a real fight before. Only spars. I thought the only difference is that instead of being kicked or punched once, the opponent would keep coming in an actual fight.

Wasn't advocating the violent part of fighting. Was just mentioning that it's a thrill. And a test.

I would expect a bruise or two, maybe a broken jaw or loose teeth--but not death as punishment for failing that test.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Two questions: Where can I find out my damage output? And are there any cheap damage modifiers you recommend?

Answer to question 1) How easy is it for you to break bones/knock back an opponent with a strike? That's your damage output.

Answer to question 2) Brass knuckles, sword, lead pipe, pencil, anything that can either focus your force to a point/line or adds to that force. Other than that, I got nothing.

Oh, and for the record, don't act like an [wagon]. I used those terms because that's what I'm used to, and it is easier to type. Enough said.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I have been in a couple of fights, only had an adrenaline rush 3 times, and I still wish people could settle some things over fights. In fact the only reason I do contact sparring in karate is because it is the closest thing I can get to to an actual fight. I have not yet had a reason to aim for the solar plexus, temple, groin, neck, or stomach, so that has greatly reduced the chances of me killing/badly wounding someone. Luckily they have only ever lasted 1 punch (the non karate fights that is). Almost broke someones nose, twice. Another time the guy was complaining a week later when I hit him in the face :lol:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I agree with jack.

It's not at all cool when some poor bastard gets knocked out by a king hit and they die or go into a coma when they hit their head on hard concrete. It's not at all cool when a group of people gang up on you and bash you absolutely senseless, leaving you in hospital for weeks, possibly leaving you brain dead. There's almost no such thing as a one-on-one fight these days unless it's completely staged.

I mean seriously, I know what many of you guys are talking about seems harmless enough and some of you are having a joke about it, but the few cases that go wrong aren't pretty at all. Some are downright tragic and senseless.

I agree with jack.

It's not at all cool when some poor bastard gets knocked out by a king hit and they die or go into a coma when they hit their head on hard concrete. It's not at all cool when a group of people gang up on you and bash you absolutely senseless, leaving you in hospital for weeks, possibly leaving you brain dead. There's almost no such thing as a one-on-one fight these days unless it's completely staged.

I mean seriously, I know what many of you guys are talking about seems harmless enough and some of you are having a joke about it, but the few cases that go wrong aren't pretty at all. Some are downright tragic and senseless.

hence why I prefer it in karate, you wear headgear, there are usually paramedics on-site and the ground is those soft mats which I have been slammed onto without being injured :thumbsup:

I agree with jack.

hence why I prefer it in karate, you wear headgear, there are usually paramedics on-site and the ground is those soft mats which I have been slammed onto without being injured :thumbsup:

:? Ever been to a competition? All the ones I've been to were on hard floors because they needed a LOT of room for all the people. My brother got knocked out at the last tournament too..

I agree with jack.

:? Ever been to a competition? All the ones I've been to were on hard floors because they needed a LOT of room for all the people. My brother got knocked out at the last tournament too..

Ouch! At one tournament I suffered the only injury, an almost dislocated jaw, got kicked in the jaw twice in a row by a roundhouse kick

Brass knuckles, sword, lead pipe, pencil, anything that can either focus your force to a point/line or adds to that force. Other than that, I got nothing.

oh comon now thats cheating

My list is for those cases where cheating is a non-issue, as it is your or someone else's life riding on whether you can win or not. Otherwise, the standard rules of equality apply. As in, if your opponent has something, you're allowed an equivalent of your choice. For example, if they have a sword, you can get a metal baseball bat or something similar, something lesser, or nothing at all. See how it works?

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

of course i understand that, but if someone challenges you to a fistfight its a little unfair to pick up a pipe and start beating them till their bones break

That's what he's saying. To only "cheat" when your life is in danger and when it's not, then you're allowed to use something equal to what your opponent uses.

I often am part of the organisation of parties, so I'm familiar with the local sad drunk chavs trying to pick a fight. Although I'm far from a muscular guy, most of the time I can easily talk those guys out of there. Some dudes don't take my often sarcastic remarks, and become aggressive, but usually they're too drunk to land a punch, and I just stand there with my mates, laughing at their pathetic attempts. But one day, this guy, pretty big, didn't try to punch me, but just took me up (I'm 6', so not that small) and tossed me a couple of meters away. Man, that was unexpected. Took a beer from a friend of mine, threw it right in his face and taunted him a bit. Now, I expected to get kicked, or punched, or whatever he had in store for me, but he just wobbled a little, and walked away. That was the closest I ever got to an unwanted fight.

When I'm on camp with the chiro (= kinda like scouts) though, the elder members and the leaders often have these little wrestling contests. I used to suck at it, but because of my interest in MMA, I learned some useful tricks: arm locks, grappling techniques,... and even though I only weigh 135 pounds, I still often win, just because I'm fast enough and have some tricks up my sleeves :)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

THis kid in my PE class likes to pick fights, and he knows I wouldn't fight, so he tried to act the fool with me... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He was down in 2 seconds and stayed there for a while :twisted:

He also tried to hit me (with his fist) playing basketball. Punch caught, arm twisted, on ground again

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

If I have to fight, I'll use any parts of my body that I know how to use (Feet, fists, arms, fingers, legs, knees, back too maybe). Lots of things you can do to put your opponent down quickly, which is usually what you want to do, as someone else said earlier. (Pressure points, kicks to the face, etc)

Pretty much done with rs now

No one messes with me; not when I can bust out a DDS ready for 44-44 specials spontaneously :o

Hi-ya!

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

No one messes with me; not when I can bust out a DDS ready for 44-44 specials spontaneously :o

Hi-ya!

By any chance is your nickname at school "punching bag"?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

^I lol'd.

If I have to fight, I'll use any parts of my body that I know how to use (Feet, fists, arms, fingers, legs, knees, back too maybe). Lots of things you can do to put your opponent down quickly, which is usually what you want to do, as someone else said earlier. (Pressure points, kicks to the face, etc)

I'd win a fight against you,because I know how to use your body parts against you.And I'm pretty good at moving around so you take longer to aim your pressure point tactics.Kicks to the face usually don't work around here,because you kick rather high,all one needs to do is dodge down and take out your other leg.Bam,fight lost.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I'd win a fight against you,because I know how to use your body parts against you.And I'm pretty good at moving around so you take longer to aim your pressure point tactics.Kicks to the face usually don't work around here,because you kick rather high,all one needs to do is dodge down and take out your other leg.Bam,fight lost.

I can't believe I missed that.

Yes, suggesting kicks to the face and pressure points shows that you really would get nothing short of destroyed in a fight.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If I have to fight, I'll use any parts of my body that I know how to use (Feet, fists, arms, fingers, legs, knees, back too maybe)

Got a point though, can't say I've seen a pro-stomach fighter lately.

But really, lessons in Krav Maga sessions teach anything can be used as a weapon.. Including 1 body part you didn't mention.. The head (specifically, the forehead)

^Reminds me of an awesome quote from a book. Went something like:

"You're forgetting I have one other weapon at my disposal."

'Oh yeah? And what would that be?'

*guy points to his head*

'Haha, what, you gonna think me ta' death now?'

"No."

*brutal headbutt*

I have a feeling it was a Star Wars book. Bad-[wagon] guy would be Mace Windu, no doubt.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Hi-ya!

By any chance is your nickname at school "punching bag"?

Not even going to respond to that one...

(By the way, it's not my nickname :lol:)

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

^Reminds me of an awesome quote from a book. Went something like:

"You're forgetting I have one other weapon at my disposal."

'Oh yeah? And what would that be?'

*guy points to his head*

'Haha, what, you gonna think me ta' death now?'

"No."

*brutal headbutt*

I have a feeling it was a Star Wars book. Bad-[wagon] guy would be Mace Windu, no doubt.

Reminds me of a great scene in Dexter when he headbutts Doakes.

snowsigyy7.png

Im sorry. but that entire post was hilarious, every shot is potentially fatal? your not terminator.
Humans - without the presence of trained personnel, stunt men and carefully coordinated fights - are a lot more fragile than TV makes them out to be.

Who'd have guessed?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif