When does the day start?

Perakp

I bought battlestaves from Zaff less than 24 hours ago, and now I'm buying them again. I mined a shooting star less than 24 days ago and got the reward, I did that again half an hour ago. Next I'm going to Bork, which also is told to be a once in a day activity, but which I last did less than 24 hours ago.

This means, that the 24 hours aren't calculated from the moment you did the activity, but is reset at a set time every day.

When does the day start?

My theory: A Jagex day is about 23 hours.

If they would make it exactly 24 hours, you'd be about 10 minutes late every day, eventually making you skip a day. If it's 23, you have an hour every day to do your activity.

2dvjurb.png

If they would make it exactly 24 hours, you'd be about 10 minutes late every day, eventually making you skip a day. If it's 23, you have an hour every day to do your activity.

Which would mean that every day, it would start at a different time...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Which would mean that every day, it would start at a different time...

No, I mean you can do the activity again 23 hours after you've last done it.

But I'm not really sure, feel free to correct me if you have something better.

2dvjurb.png

They could work on a sort of 23h 56min day to avoid the leap year but i'm not sure why they wouldn't stick to 24 hours day. Think they started somewhere in America so EST time ? Maybe someone should find a way of timing it

Are we in some sort of massive Jagex conspiracy, in which they suddenly moved continent?

I wasn't aware about any of this stuff, I just went at a random time each day. #-o

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

In theory, if the day resets at a set time, you could do these activities twice in a row, if the reset was in between. For example you kill the bork and come back 5 mins later to kill it again, if you time it right. (?)

So anyone wanna investigate this for the rest of us?

They could work on a sort of 23h 56min day to avoid the leap year but i'm not sure why they wouldn't stick to 24 hours day. Think they started somewhere in America so EST time ? Maybe someone should find a way of timing it

Are we in some sort of massive Jagex conspiracy, in which they suddenly moved continent?

I wasn't aware about any of this stuff, I just went at a random time each day. #-o

Well, over half the runescape players are American :roll:

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I can assure you 'Jagex' is based in Cambridge, in England, i live there to :D

Yes, more Americans play than English, doesn't make it an American game :)

Anyway, OT, i think it's based on 24 hour. Hence that you can lend an item for 24 hours, and it will run out for the WHOLE 24 hours, i think maybe it differs from certain worlds. Don't know =/

3916.png

3917.png

A day starts when the night ends. However, i assume it's roughly 24 hours - 15 minutes. This would allow you to do the activity once every 24 hours, ROUGHLY. Then again, post what you find out; i'm curious. Record your times for a few days or something.

Our_Moon.png

Runescape's day starts 1 AM GMT. Only Zaff and Distractions and Diversions use this system though (and bans/mutes, btw).

Arhein, Bork, Bert (the Sandman) and Tears of Guthix use an internal clock. The time you collect whatever you collect from them and add 23 hours. This is when you can do these things again (in ToG's case, it's 6 24-hour days + 23).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

for bork u can kill him once a day, the day starts at 8pm est (1am gmt)

for the bert and arhein its exactly 24 hours after u last spoke or bought the last item from them

tears of guthix is suppose to be every 7 days, but its more like 6 days and 23 hours

i have like you killed bork twice the same day, 2 times in 10 minutes, about 5mins before and after 8 est

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

This is definately true at elast with TOG, I've noticed that they give you about 2 hours of leway(not sure how to spell that). I think that the actually *day* for them resets at 8 PM EST which would be 1 A.M. in the UK. I know that this is true at least for mutes, so if you were muted at 3 PM for "24 Hours" it would only really last 5 hours, at elast form my limited experience.

EDIT: Bork, Zaaf, and Arhein are very picky about times, though...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20