9/11 7 years later

Bufoman

I remember 2 years ago on the fifth anniversary my teacher was telling the story of her 8 year old daughter on 9/11. They kept showing the clips all that day, and her daughter got scared thinking that they were different planes and buildings every time and it was going to happen to every building on earth :lol:

Edit: Never thought I'd use the laugh smiley in this thread :?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congress actually hasn't suspended Habeas Corpus and the people they hold in Gitmo are not U.S. citizens. It is the same as POW's although they aren't POW's. During a war you can't exactly release any enemy troops you catch because they will return to the battle. If anything the government has been to lenient. Of the 600 or so at gitmo something like 400 have been released because there wasn't sufficient evidence for a conviction. Of those released over 50 have been confirmed to have gone back to terrorism. And they do get lawyers. Haven't you heard anything about the trial of Bin Laden's former assistant? He was convicted in a military tribunal and sentenced to 5 1/2 years. He had lawyers.

Anyway don't get off topic. If you want start a thread this is about remembering 9/11.

Rescue workers did not get near them. Photographers could not record their faces. If they were seen at all, it was in glimpses at windows, nearly a quarter-mile up.

Yet like messages in an electronic bottle from people marooned in some distant sky, their last words narrate a world that was coming undone. A man sends an e-mail message asking, ''Any news from the outside?'' before perching on a ledge at Windows on the World. A woman reports a colleague is smacking useless sprinkler heads with his shoe. A husband calmly reminds his wife about their insurance policies, then says that the floor is groaning beneath him, and tells her that she and their children meant the world to him.

No single call can describe scenes that were unfolding at terrible velocities in many places. Taken together though, the words from the upper floors offer not only a broad and chilling view of the devastated zones, but the only window onto acts of bravery, decency and grace at a brutal time.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A9649C8B63

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Congress actually hasn't suspended Habeas Corpus and the people they hold in Gitmo are not U.S. citizens. It is the same as POW's although they aren't POW's. During a war you can't exactly release any enemy troops you catch because they will return to the battle. If anything the government has been to lenient. Of the 600 or so at gitmo something like 400 have been released because there wasn't sufficient evidence for a conviction. Of those released over 50 have been confirmed to have gone back to terrorism. And they do get lawyers. Haven't you heard anything about the trial of Bin Laden's former assistant? He was convicted in a military tribunal and sentenced to 5 1/2 years. He had lawyers.

What I'm speaking of is very much related to 9/11. I think the fact that our government is detaining people on just a "suspicion" that they are terrorists is absolutely terrible. If there isn't evidence in the first place, they shouldn't be detained. You're wrong about them getting lawyers. Here's evidence: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/feb/20/politics.terrorism

They may get lawyers during the TRIALS, but to not have a lawyer present during interrogation and torture is the point I was trying to make. Those are the most important times. You can get a suspect to say anything if they don't have a lawyer present. Just ask the seasoned veteran defense attorney James Duane. I've watched this whole video (both parts) and know my rights. I doubt you know yours. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/rightsandfreedoms/a/habeuscorpus.htm

On Oct. 17, 2006, President Bush signed a law suspending the right of habeas corpus to persons "determined by the United States" to be an "enemy combatant" in the Global War on Terror. President Bush's action drew severe criticism, mainly for the law's failure to specifically designate who in the United States will determine who is and who is not an "enemy combatant."

OH NO! Could you be....wrong? With all these points brought up and with factual evidence, unlike ALL of your arguments, why don't you just take a seat.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Why would they have a lawyer present when interrogated? These aren't criminals or U.S. citizens they are terrorists from other countries. I guess I was mistaken in thinking only congress had the power to revoke Habeas Corpus.

Any this is still off topic. So to unspam...

Smoke filled the hallways and debris crashed around him as Staff Sgt. Robert Wallace raced through the Pentagon on Sept. 11 helping injured people.

With a wet T-shirt wrapped around his face, Sergeant Wallace entered blazing portions of the building several times to lead survivors to safety and carry out bodies of the dead.

"Everything was on fire. You could hardly see anything in front of you," said Sergeant Wallace, a Marine. "I saw things there that no American should have to see in our own backyard."

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 039&Ref=AR

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

Why would they have a lawyer present when interrogated? These aren't criminals or U.S. citizens they are terrorists from other countries. I guess I was mistaken in thinking only congress had the power to revoke Habeas Corpus.

Any this is still off topic. So to unspam...

Smoke filled the hallways and debris crashed around him as Staff Sgt. Robert Wallace raced through the Pentagon on Sept. 11 helping injured people.

With a wet T-shirt wrapped around his face, Sergeant Wallace entered blazing portions of the building several times to lead survivors to safety and carry out bodies of the dead.

"Everything was on fire. You could hardly see anything in front of you," said Sergeant Wallace, a Marine. "I saw things there that no American should have to see in our own backyard."

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 039&Ref=AR

Oh Jesus Christ, now this Wallace guy thinks we should be untouchable? It you don't want this to happen, try diplomacy not war! =D>

But back at your point Jack; the document calls for anyone to be called in if he is a 'suspected terrorist'. Point is, I can be this so called suspected-terrorist and nothing can protect me. So therefore, I SHOULD get a lawyer.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

He's not some politician he's a marine hero. My God stop spamming the thread.

The morning froze in silence

as the terror filled our hearts

we stared in disbelief at what we saw.

Through the dust we felt so helpless,

wishing that we could have known.

We hold our families close, as we watched them fall.

Some people didn't waiver, they had a job to do.

There was nothing that could keep them away...

Oh, it's a special kind of hero

who would sacrifice themselves - so I could spend another day with you.

And for all the fallen heroes who saved a life that day

your courage unites a nation, and we'll remember you.

So many people crying, walking in a daze

holding pictures of their loved ones

through an empty haze.

Our Heroes didnt falter, they held out a helping hand

remembering their own children, as they rushed inside again.

They didnt waiver, they had a job to do

and some never made it home that day.

Oooh well remember you. We honor you, salute,

respect and cherish you.

Not many people can do the duty that

you knew on that cold September day.

He's not some politician he's a marine hero. My God stop spamming the thread.

Half the posters of this thread can say the same to you and your Patriotic videos. :lol:

Marine hero or politican, he can't be completely serious about thinking America being untouchable though. :|

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Actually since most of them were let go and very few were charged, I think you should have referred to them as *suspected* terrorists, because all prisoners at Guantanamo Bay were just that: SUSPECTED. And of course they would want a lawyer present during interrogation. Lawyers know which questions are loaded or which can be used to twist the truth (obviously you did not watch the video I posted which clearly shows how that can happen). I'm starting to think you would have fit right in with the Bush Administration.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Actually since most of them were let go and very few were charged, I think you should have referred to them as *suspected* terrorists, because all prisoners at Guantanamo Bay were just that: SUSPECTED. And of course they would want a lawyer present during interrogation. Lawyers know which questions are loaded or which can be used to twist the truth (obviously you did not watch the video I posted which clearly shows how that can happen). I'm starting to think you would have fit right in with the Bush Administration.

They might want a lawyer during interrogation, but I think you're forgetting that WE'RE AT WAR. These people, whether suspected or caught in the act, are the ENEMY.

As for giving them lawyers and rights, I think you forget that the constitution only applies to U.S. citizens. Or at least it used to before the Supreme Court decided to legislate from the bench. I guess you like the idea of increasing these peoples' chances of getting back out in the world where they can make more bombs and blow more people up.

Tell me. Why, in the past 7 years, have we not been hit with another terrorist attack if not for the fact that the Bush administration is doing what it's supposed to and getting rid of those who would LOVE to come blow more of us to smithereens.

Oh, and let me guess. You're an Obama supporter, aren't you? That's nice because it's not like he's a good friend of a CONVICTED TERRORIST who says he WISHES HE'D DONE MORE, or anything. :wall:

As for conspriacies as a whole, watch this. It's got quite a bit of cussing in it, but they make some great points.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Am I the only one that laughed when I read those lyrics? It's just getting pathetic now.

So you laugh at a poem written for the children of firefighters who died in 9/11 yet you're up in arms about terrorists not having a lawyer present when they are interrogated. I guess that show what kind of person you are. Just shut up and get off this thread. If you want to complain about detention make a new thread.

Once again to make this post not spam...

They might want a lawyer during interrogation, but I think you're forgetting that WE'RE AT WAR. These people, whether suspected or caught in the act, are the ENEMY.

As for giving them lawyers and rights, I think you forget that the constitution only applies to U.S. citizens. Or at least it used to before the Supreme Court decided to legislate from the bench. I guess you like the idea of increasing these peoples' chances of getting back out in the world where they can make more bombs and blow more people up.

Tell me. Why, in the past 7 years, have we not been hit with another terrorist attack if not for the fact that the Bush administration is doing what it's supposed to and getting rid of those who would LOVE to come blow more of us to smithereens.

Oh, and let me guess. You're an Obama supporter, aren't you? That's nice because it's not like he's a good friend of a CONVICTED TERRORIST who says he WISHES HE'D DONE MORE, or anything. :wall:

As for conspriacies as a whole, watch this. It's got quite a bit of cussing in it, but they make some great points.

Wow...I don't think enough facepalm pictures could possibly be posted to show how much of a tool you are.

I'll try to address these issues in an orderly manner.

It's not the fact that they are the enemy or not, but to not give them a fair trial is unjust. Regardless of what side they are on, they deserve a chance to plead their case. What they don't deserve is to be tortured, interrogated ruthlessly, and mentally abused in order to get information. I think there was some convention in Geneva that dealt with those issues...

Tell me why, aside from 1993, we haven't been attacked on U.S. soil since Pearl Harbor. http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html We're no closer to catching the so called "master-mind" behind the 9/11 attacks, so in my eyes both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars ARE COMPLETE FAILURES. As long as Bin-Laden is still alive, he can orchestrate anything he wants to. Bush has single-handedly ruined our country. Let me give you a chart to show you how he has ruined this country.

usdebt.png

Oh and let me guess. You associate my un-patriotic ideas with Democrats. Really, I congratulate you, you make jackattack sound like a prophet =D> If you really wanted to know, I'm Apathetic. When Ron Paul dropped out of the race, I found there to be no choice in the election. I'm actually quite apposed to the two-party system. It leaves us no choice aside from Democrat or Republican. Which in turn means that we will never be able to change our system unless there is a complete government overthrow. Also commonly known as a revolution.

And to think...someday you will be out voting... :|

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

So you laugh at a poem written for the children of firefighters who died in 9/11 yet you're up in arms about suspected (without substantial evidence) terrorists not having a lawyer present when they are interrogated. I guess that show what kind of person you are. Just shut up and get off this thread. If you want to complain about detention make a new thread.

What is in boldface and italicized print is what I fixed for you. Again.

I'm just laughing at the fact that you are this ridiculously patriotic. I think it has to be a joke...

The Bush Administration and people like you have been trying to keep people like myself quiet for 8 years. Well here's the news: You won't shut me up and you can't dumb me down.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Actually this was made to discuss how we feel about 9/11. Almost all the things our country has done in the past 7 years have been directly related to 9/11. It's a big category.

Seeing as this is the 7th anniversary of the attack upon my nation I thought I would make a topic to discuss how people feel now. I was abit surprised and somewhat upset to see no one bothered to make a topic this year.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Actually this was made to discuss how we feel about 9/11. Almost all the things our country has done in the past 7 years have been directly related to 9/11. It's a big category.

Seeing as this is the 7th anniversary of the attack upon my nation I thought I would make a topic to discuss how people feel now. I was abit surprised and somewhat upset to see no one bothered to make a topic this year.

That doesn't mean /b/ post here.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

What does that have to do with this one bit?

snowsigyy7.png

What does that have to do with this one bit?

Let me rephrase that then, that doesn't mean that antiamerican [wagon] holes with nothing better than turn a tragedy into an argument should go ahead and post, if people want to remember then let them. If you don't like it then don't. It's not like the whole country shuts down on the anniversary, for [bleep]'s sake for as much heat as jackattack is getting for posting 9/11 stuff is total bs.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Let me rephrase that then, that doesn't mean that antiamerican [wagon] holes with nothing better than turn a tragedy into an argument should go ahead and post, if people want to remember then let them. If you don't like it then don't. It's not like the whole country shuts down on the anniversary, for [bleep]'s sake for as much heat as jackattack is getting for posting 9/11 stuff is total bs.

The OP asked us how we felt. We've told honestly how we feel, and you jump on our backs for it and call us "anti-American". Cold-hearted, maybe, but I really don't care if you think I'm anti-American, because for what it's worth, I am fairly anti-American despite having family who live there.

Well, I've news for you. 90% of the world isn't American, and may not join in the whole "Let's leave it alone because it's America and it's a tragedy" ethos that seems to surround this thread. I'm fed up of talking about the impact of 9/11 and having it all come back to that very sentiment.

We're allowed to give our views. If you don't like it, not my problem. It's not like I've come on here and gone "Haha 3,000 Yanks died, and they deserved it!" because I would never say or believe in a view that disgusting, but it seems to be the mentality you feel is going through my head.

The OP asked us how we felt. We've told honestly how we feel, and you jump on our backs for it and call us "anti-American". Cold-hearted, maybe, but I really don't care if you think I'm anti-American, because for what it's worth, I am fairly anti-American despite having family who live there.

Well, I've news for you. 90% of the world isn't American, and may not join in the whole "Let's leave it alone because it's America and it's a tragedy" ethos that seems to surround this thread. I'm fed up of talking about the impact of 9/11 and having it all come back to that very sentiment.

We're allowed to give our views. If you don't like it, not my problem. It's not like I've come on here and gone "Haha 3,000 Yanks died, and they deserved it!" because I would never say or believe in a view that disgusting, but it seems to be the mentality you feel is going through my head.

I was only refering to range_this's attacks on jack. People are allowed to have opinions, and in my opinion he is nothing, but a troll. Even though I do agree that the whole suspected terrorist thing that the goernment does is total bs. I have friends on that list for no reason...all right there is a reason for the one, but hopefully it will change when we get the republicans are out of office.

And to be honest the Canadian border is starting to look very good right about now. And its ok to hate america. Just not to be douche about it. In fact my only intended person who I actually was refering to was range, not you not anyone else, from now on will not use plural when singular is meant.

wailord.png

I was only refering to range_this's attacks on jack. People are allowed to have opinions, and in my opinion he is nothing, but a troll. Even though I do agree that the whole suspected terrorist thing that the goernment does is total bs. I have friends on that list for no reason...all right there is a reason for the one, but hopefully it will change when we get the republicans are out of office.

And to be honest the Canadian border is starting to look very good right about now. And its ok to hate america. Just not to be douche about it. In fact my only intended person who I actually was refering to was range, not you not anyone else, from now on will not use plural when singular is meant.

Oh my "attacks" on jack, huh? Could you name a few of them for me, please? Last time I checked I was formulating arguments that made sense and had evidence to back them up (something he has not done yet). If you want to accuse me of embarrassing him then, well, guilty as charged. If anyone is a troll here, it's jack. Apparently you do not read these boards enough, because I'm pretty sure I have never trolled in my life. There seems to be an epidemic of people accusing another person's viewpoint as being from /b/, being a troll, or being a flame if it doesn't agree with theirs. I have a different opinion on what happened on 9/11 and the aftermath. It also surprises me that you have "friends" on the suspected terrorist list. Might want to start hanging out with a different crowd.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

It also surprises me that you have "friends" on the suspected terrorist list. Might want to start hanging out with a different crowd.

If you try to insult my friends again I will hunt you down and no force on this planet, or others if you believe that sort of thing, will save you!

wailord.png

If you try to insult my friends again I will hunt you down and no force on this planet, or others if you believe that sort of thing, will save you!

I'm not trying to be a jerk and don't get me wrong, it's great to have friends that you care about, but if you're hanging around with suspected terrorists, it's just asking to get picked up by the government. You're walking on some pretty thin eggshells there, man.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

I'm not trying to be a jerk and don't get me wrong, it's great to have friends that you care about, but if you're hanging around with suspected terrorists, it's just asking to get picked up by the government. You're walking on some pretty thin eggshells there, man.

The funny part is that the events that got them on the list happenned when they were very young, say about 8, and the governments not gonna go accuse a redneck of being a terrorist or go after them when they are in redneck territory. No one is that stupid.

Edit: Sorry about attacking you like that. I'm a redneck, I have this thing about jumping to conclusions. Oh and this a about jackattack not about the friend thing.

wailord.png