What makes a good friend?

n_odie

~What makes a good friend?

Honesty, Patience, Trust, Sense of Humor. A good friend knows when to tell the truth and when to stretch it.

~How do you view yourself a good friend to others?

By being there for them. When they cry give them a shoulder to cry on. When they get into an argument with their boyfriend or girlfriend, be there.

~What would you do for a friend that you met on RS?

There are a select few i see as very good friends, but some i would class more as acquaintances. The select few i would do alot for, however being on opposite sides of the earth does pose difficulty.

~What do you think a friend would do for you?

Everything i have mentioned above and more. I don't need to ask, they will just do.

vcl_loss.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any particular curriculum for what makes a good friend. I guess it is just the vibe I get from talking to them. If they are a good friend, we can talk about absolutely nothing and still have lots of fun.

What makes a good friend?

Someone you can joke around with and share experiences with openly.

How do you view yourself a good friend to others?

I wouldn't consider myself the greatest of friends. I love to joke around too much and sometimes it can be annoying.

What would you do for a friend that you met on RS?

Pleasure them mentally.

What do you think a friend would do for you?

I ask of nothing from my friends except thier friendship.

1288581197250-1.jpg

~What makes a good friend? - Someone who is caring and honest and will be there for you.

~How do you view yourself a good friend to others? - I listen to other's problems, I don't lie to them and I help them with whatever I can.

~What would you do for a friend that you met on RS? - Probably anything...within reason. I wouldn't break the RS rules though.

~What do you think a friend would do for you? - I hope they'd do what I'd do for them.

Wiccan

And

Proud

bad_babe58.png (My skills aren't accurate ... Grr)

This is the internet we are talking about. You don't know a person until you see them in real life.

Friends in Runescape are a lie, and anyone gullible enough to fall for the idea of friendship without truly knowing someone is absolutely foolish to how life should work.

The problem with this is u don't really know anyone you do see in real life. there hidden behind there logos, there social class, just there desire to be cool and respected

on the internet these thing are irrelevant you don't base your opinions on there cloths or popularity

you base it on their actions, their habits, their soul if you will

and you don't need to meet someone to be a friend

every time a friend of mine quits a part of me goes with them

but the memories always remain

on topic

someone willing to stick up for u

someone who doesn't care of your experiance only your deeds

someone who is there when u need it

i help others in almost anything they ask from lv 3 newbs (not noobs) who want to know ways of making money to even old players who are just returning to the game and are awed by all the updates

if a friend dies and hes far from his grave i drop everything and try to get to it

if a friend has been hacked before balanced trade i would give him my items until he got back on his feet

if a friend is bored i make time to to fun mini games withhim

if a friend is in a bad mood i try to cheer him up

`What do you think a friend would do for you?

vice-verca

overal

just someone you can have a great time with and will help each other in their times of need

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

When I meet friends I usually start by just finding a common ground, and things generally build up from there. All my Runescape friends I have something that bonds us together, that makes us good friends, and for each person it is different.

I have one friend who I only met recently and we are quite inseparable. Runescape just isn't as fun when she isn't online. We usually talk for hours on end, and I trust her a lot. I went through a lot of hard stages in real life recently and she always was there in Runescape for me to talk to, and I might of drove her insane with all my talking, but she listened.

We talk, we laugh, we have fun together. She is just like a real life friend who I just haven't seen in person yet.

a good friend is a one that is always there for you, one that would never ever steal from you, and you is same way to him, a good friend also depends on you're own commitment in the friendship ;)

and hey tip.it <3:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

a good friend is a one that is always there for you, one that would never ever steal from you, and you is same way to him, a good friend also depends on you're own commitment in the friendship ;)

and hey tip.it <3:

Speaking of good friends! Hey babe <3:<3:<3:

1288581197250-1.jpg

This thread brings up two interesting questions, "What makes a good friend?" and Why. The word friend as we all know has many meanings. All of those meanings are personally subjective, meaning they mean different things to different people. The word loyalty for example, has been mentioned several times, but what dose it mean to you? In this case, my answer will be different than yours. And it will be different for different reasons. Also, talking about an in game friend as opposed to real life, will also have an effect on how you define a friend.

I've made several friends in RS over the years. Some of them are people I will never meet in the real world. But I still consider them friends, just as if we where siting in the same room. A few, I know in R L, and my relationship with them is different than an in game friend, for obvious reasons. Still others are people I would love to see in R L, but who I have little contact with in game. The list goes on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, friendship means different things to me depending on the person and the circumstances. For instance, I have a friend who makes me feel good just by logging on to the game, not one word has to be spoken or anything, just knowing this person is around is enough. I have others who have gone to great lengths to help me out and I know would do so again, without hesitation, and without asking anything in return. And I have friends who have done nothing except talk with me, folks who I hold in the same regard as those who stood by me when I died at the KBD and saved all me gear. These are my friends, people I would do anything for.

So, to answer the question "What makes a good friend?", it's easy, for me, a good friend is defined by how I feel about a person. Not what they do, not what they say, not what they look like, Just how I feel about them. And if that feeling is returned, great! If not, that's okay to.

As to why? That's something that everyone should ask. Unfortunately, it's a question that I don't think I can put into words. Perhaps it's one that shouldn't be answered except in the heart and mind of the person asking the question.

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

As to why? That's something that everyone should ask. Unfortunately, it's a question that I don't think I can put into words. Perhaps it's one that shouldn't be answered except in the heart and mind of the person asking the question.

-.- can you just answer the question? Overanylyzing is ftl #-o

1288581197250-1.jpg

This is the internet we are talking about. You don't know a person until you see them in real life.

Friends in Runescape are a lie, and anyone gullible enough to fall for the idea of friendship without truly knowing someone is absolutely foolish to how life should work.

The problem with this is u don't really know anyone you do see in real life. there hidden behind there logos, there social class, just there desire to be cool and respected

on the internet these thing are irrelevant you don't base your opinions on there cloths or popularity

on topic

i help others in almost anything they ask from lv 3 newbs (not noobs) who want to know ways of making money to even old players who are just returning to the game and are awed by all the updates

if a friend dies and hes far from his grave i drop everything and try to get to it

if a friend has been hacked before balanced trade i would give him my items until he got back on his feet

vice-verca

overal

just someone you can have a great time with and will help each other in their times of need

Seriously, if you think you get to know people better over the internet than in real life, you're one of those kids destined to become an internet predator statistic.

Sure, people hide behind masks in public. But if class is a mask, the internet is a full [bleep]ing body suit.

and hey tip.it <3:

Speaking of good friends! Hey babe <3:<3:<3:

hey baby <3:<3:<3: i miss everyone here on tiff, and school is so streesing(if that's a word :lol: ) but tip.it is one of the best places to meet new friends <3:<3:<3:<3:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

-.- can you just answer the question? Overanylyzing is ftl #-o

Actually I did answer the question. What you quoted was a second question.

Now if you need me to answer the question, "why is my friend my friend?", sorry, I can't help you.

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

on topic

vice-verca

overal

Seriously, if you think you get to know people better over the internet than in real life, you're one of those kids destined to become an internet predator statistic.

Sure, people hide behind masks in public. But if class is a mask, the internet is a full [bleep] body suit.

Well I met my boyfriend on rs, so friendship can be a good thing :D

Wiccan

And

Proud

bad_babe58.png (My skills aren't accurate ... Grr)

Sure, people hide behind masks in public. But if class is a mask, the internet is a full [bleep] body suit.

and yet there are several dozen internet social sites. obviously a few million ppl agree with my opinion

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

During my time in the crew i made many many friends, a couple in the jagex staff, a TON from tipit and a few others that i just met along the way.

A friend to me is someone who i can banter with, who relieves my boredom, who challenges me, who would come running if i really needed them, someone who i'm comfortable enough to insult MASSIVELY safe in the knowledge they wont take it seriously and will just insult me right back instead :D

anyone not up to those standards is just an aquaintence. :P

You are quite right but at the same time you are so terribly wrong too.

Ok, yes, you do not truly know someone (or more to the point, you don't 'know' if you know someone) until you have met them. Not a picture, not a phone call, not even a 5 minute real life meeting and certainly not text. But I know that the text interactions I have with some people are of a higher quality than some of those I have with people I know in real life. I have recieved and given more than one act of kindness and all that stuff.

The point of this post \/

My point is this. Say my 'friend' is a petophile trying to hunt me down. Say he is also my best RS friend and we have both acted in a way that constitutes friendship. A friendship does exist, albiet a one sided one built on lies, but a friendship none the less.

I like getting on Runescape and picking cabbage with my cabbage folk, nothing beats it. Well, actually cabbage bombing does but that's it. I think I am a good friend on RS because I sell my friends weed for cheap.