The Legend of Zelda - Favorite in the series

AceBeam

With Minish Cap and Link's Awakening on emulator, I have now played every Zelda game except Phantom Hourglass.

I don't understand why people bag on TP so much, it was a great game. It's a bit more linear than the others, but it's HUGE, so it makes up for it. The comparisons to OoT didn't spring out of nowhere. And I found it funny to see people loving WW when that one came under fire, though I really enjoyed it.

As for a favorite, it's hard to choose. I'm leaning towards Oracle of Seasons for the handheld and Wind Waker for the consoles, though. Ocarina of Time just doesn't feel right for the top spot, Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past were just too ridiculously hard, Twilight Princess was annoying when you were stuck as a wolf for long periods of time, Zelda 2 was weird and next to impossible besides, and the original has simply been outdone.

the oracles didn't felt complete without having both games. i didn't like the secret code system a lot but the storyline was somewhat good. i have to agree with you on A link to the past. i couldn't complete a dungeon without having to [bleep] up 4 times because the weakest monsters takes like 2 heart containers and some of the puzzles are poorly designed. :wall: i actually liked playing as a wolf in TP. the only thing that got me off was playing melodys because howling was more dodgy to control then playing with normal link.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my brother and i used to love playing ocarina of time. its the only zelda game ive played besides majora's mask though.

each time we went to our little cousin's house, he would want us to beat ocarina for him while he watched. damn that water temple! eventually we got very good at each temple after years of replaying it for him.

What is your favorite game in the series? Ocarina of Time

Why? First one I played, also it was Kinda long.

What are you looking forward too in the series?

A picture that tells me the Timeline of Zelda Games O_o

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Couldn't agree any more.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

I'd say Majora's Mask because it was hard and I love Termina and all the NPC's in it. And the music in some parts of that game is very memorable.

I'd love seeing a new Zelda game that's hard and fun with good music like Majora's Mask had. I think that the Twilight Princess was way too easy.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Couldn't agree any more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15194.html

That makes sense.

Couldn't agree any more.

That makes sense.

Doesn't work, for two reasons.

1) Geography: Look at a map of Ocarina of Time's Hyrule, then look at Hyrule in Twilight Princess. Link starts his journey in a forest in both adventures, so one has to presume this is the same forest in both games (strengthened by the issue Link's home is a treehouse in both games).

The Kokiri Forest in OoT is to the north-east of Lake Hylia. There is a lake in Twilight Princess, and the shape of the river in both games is roughly the same (except in Twilight Princess, it doesn't pass through Gerudo Valley). The forest in Twilight Princess is to the south-west of the Lake. Given, it could be the same map, upside down. That would be a fair point, however, the position of Kakariko Village (beneath Death Mountain) is also out of whack.

Unless something happens which alters the geographical shape of Hyrule (read: another game in development, between TP and OoT chronologically), the two worlds are not the same.

2) Plot: [hide=Spoiler on ending of TP]Twilight Princess ends with Ganon apparently losing the Triforce of Power. He believes the Triforce piece will save him from his death after Link defeats him in battle for the fourth time (talk about dead horses >_>). Yet, in Wind Waker, which apparently follows TP, Ganon is not only alive, he also has the Triforce of Power at the beginning of the game.[/hide]

That doesn't link at all. Unless, of course, Ganon is revived and regains his power (read: another game in development, between TP and WW).

There's two games that could easily fit into the series already, and we've not even touched the other timeline, or indeed, after the timeline so far.

Couldn't agree any more.

That makes sense.

1) Geography: Look at a map of Ocarina of Time's Hyrule, then look at Hyrule in Twilight Princess. Link starts his journey in a forest in both adventures, so one has to presume this is the same forest in both games (strengthened by the issue Link's home is a treehouse in both games).

The Kokiri Forest in OoT is to the north-east of Lake Hylia. There is a lake in Twilight Princess, and the shape of the river in both games is roughly the same (except in Twilight Princess, it doesn't pass through Gerudo Valley). The forest in Twilight Princess is to the south-west of the Lake. Given, it could be the same map, upside down. That would be a fair point, however, the position of Kakariko Village (beneath Death Mountain) is also out of whack.

Unless something happens which alters the geographical shape of Hyrule (read: another game in development, between TP and OoT chronologically), the two worlds are not the same.

2) Plot: [hide=Spoiler on ending of TP]Twilight Princess ends with Ganon apparently losing the Triforce of Power. He believes the Triforce piece will save him from his death after Link defeats him in battle for the fourth time (talk about dead horses >_>). Yet, in Wind Waker, which apparently follows TP, Ganon is not only alive, he also has the Triforce of Power at the beginning of the game.[/hide]

That doesn't link at all. Unless, of course, Ganon is revived and regains his power (read: another game in development, between TP and WW).

There's two games that could easily fit into the series already, and we've not even touched the other timeline, or indeed, after the timeline so far.

The map for Twilight princess-Wii, is indeed the OoT map, upside down, mirrored.

Couldn't agree any more.

That makes sense.

the guy is still unsure of it though.

and i have a problem with it, too.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

my fav would have to be a tie between oot and ww, both are amazing games that were ahead of their time in many, but different ways. I still remember trying for hours and hours on end to pass the guards in hyrule castle in my 1st playthrough, then realizing instead of trying to ko them with my slingshot, why not just sneak past them? wind waker had an amazing travel system, and it really added some fun with the melodies and cell shading. my least favorite so far is tp. it was just too easy. i had it beaten in 3 days, and was extreamly dissapointed in the overall lack of sidequests. Its like they took majoras mask, and completely reversed the concepts. honestly, it felt like all i did was ride my horse around between dungeons, picking up the odd golden bug and heart piece. :thumbdown: Ive only played through the game twice in about 1.5 years, and i still pick up my other zeldas every 2-3 months. I guess the real reason for zelda failboating is miyamoto leaving, seriously, when i was growing up i felt as if he was all there was to videogameing storytelling, and there wasent another being who would ever equal his greatness. ill be quiet now, since i seem to be babbleing.

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png

Before TP was released it made sense, but the end of TP breaks it pretty badly... since TP effectively ends the "timeline" because Ganondorf loses the triforce of power. But on which one, A or B? doesn't make sense on B since there's no trace of goron or zora races in WW but they're in TP. So unless they have another game or two between WW and TP to explain the reamergance of zora's and gorons AND the vanishing of the rito for another...

You guy's are counting for the fact that the "link" in almost every Zelda (except for the actual sequals like majora's mask) is a different person, right? I never played TP though so I can't really comment on the timeline.

Before TP was released it made sense, but the end of TP breaks it pretty badly... since TP effectively ends the "timeline" because Ganondorf loses the triforce of power. But on which one, A or B? doesn't make sense on B since there's no trace of goron or zora races in WW but they're in TP. So unless they have another game or two between WW and TP to explain the reamergance of zora's and gorons AND the vanishing of the rito for another...

Why could'nt ganodorf die? it seems like he did in many games, and got rescurrected(again..). But loosing the power of the triforce of power.. Maybe there's a new villian coming?

What is your favorite game in the series?

The ocarina of time - The best game I had ever played in my youth, I still have it in N64 Cartridge.

Why?

Brilliant game for its time

The end! It should be like almost never ending, with literally thousands of temples and such and should be for the PC.

Luck be a Lady

What is your favorite game in the series?

The ocarina of time - The best game I had ever played in my youth, I still have it in N64 Cartridge.

Why?

Brilliant game for its time

The end! It should be like almost never ending, with literally thousands of temples and such and should be for the PC.

no no no... Putting it on PC would kill it... Hacks and cheats :l

And it just doesn't seem right.

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

Yeah they already tried LoZ on the pc and it didn't work out so well...

My favourite in the series is ocarina of time was my favorite because... Well I just didn't like the handheld ones and Oot was...well awesome I guess.

I don't really bother with LoZ anymoreso I guess I'm not looking forward to anything in the series.

Mysticblade.jpg

ssbbbrawlclubgreen.gif

People in OT eat glass when they are bored. :twss:

OT'ers pee in other peoples drinks :wall:

Yeah they already tried LoZ on the pc and it didn't work out so well...

My favourite in the series is ocarina of time was my favorite because... Well I just didn't like the handheld ones and Oot was...well awesome I guess.

I don't really bother with LoZ anymoreso I guess I'm not looking forward to anything in the series.

Wtf really?

image.png image.png

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

• 1 month later...

I have to say OoT!

Because i just love all the puzzels and the things you have to do!

im looking forward to a game,with the puzzels and stuff from OoT

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Ocarina of time all the way. Best game ver made IMO. only game i think that should ever get 10/10. Nuthing will ever come close to this piece of artwork. I have like 200 hours on this too on like 8 different accounts... :oops:

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

Couldn't agree any more.

That makes sense.

Oh so now we are talking about Parallel Universes and how there's a Prequel to the Sequel created before the Prequel came out. :wall:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Couldn't agree any more.

That makes sense.

Oh so now we are talking about Parallel Universes and how there's a Prequel to the Sequel created before the Prequel came out. :wall:

The map of twilight princess looks a lot like the Overworld map of The Legend Of Zelda 1

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011