Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

~ Troacctid's Woodcutting Guide ~

280 replies to this topic

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild
Important disclaimer
The woodcutting update of 23-Sept-2009 has left a large portion of this guide obsolete, mainly in regards to the relative viability of training methods. The methods I have as the most efficient are not necessarily the most efficient anymore. Teaks are no longer the fastest xp, for example. (Most of my sources say that the fastest xp is the sawmill, with a crystal saw, followed by ivy, but don't quote me on that.)
Most of the equipment section is still accurate, but arctic pines, hollow trees, teaks, mahoganies, ivy, and the sawmill all need entirely new sections.
Do I plan on updating the guide? Well...no, not really. Sorry. :mellow:

INTRODUCTION
Intro
VERSION HISTORY
Version history
THE SHORT VERSION

If you just want a quick skeleton of the best way to train, here.
Short Version
TREES

Read on for a look at all the types of tree you can find in Runescape, from achey to yew, and explanations of where, how, why, and whether to chop them.
Oaks (level 15)
Willows (level 30)
Teaks, Part 1 (level 35)
Teaks, Part 1a (level 35)
Teaks, Part 2 (level 35)
Teaks, Part 3 (level 35)
Teaks, Part 4 (level 35)
Maples (level 45)
Mahogany (level 50)
Eucalyptus (level 58)
Yews (level 60)
Magic (level 75)
Cursed magic (level 82)
Other trees
EQUIPMENT

There's a lot more to woodcutting equipment than just your axe. Okay, maybe not a LOT more, but there's definitely more. This section is meant to educate you on the latest fashions for lumberjacks.

Posted Image

Hatchets
Other equipment
Lumberjack clothing
Familiars
MISCELLANEOUS TIPS

Little things you can do to improve your experience.
Tips
QUESTS

A list of quests that give woodcutting experience can be found in the official Runescape Game Guide, under Home > Game Guide > Quests > Quest Experience Page > Woodcutting Rewards. The highest woodcutting requirement of any quest is a whopping 72 for Back to My Roots, so if you want that quest cape, get chopping! In addition to the quests that give woodcutting experience, some quests unlock new features for woodcutting:

Quests
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Your answers are all here, hopefully.
FAQ
LEGAL INFO

This guide is owned by me, all rights reserved. Don't reproduce it without my permission, or for commercial purposes. Jagex owns Runescape, not me, but I do claim ownership of this particular piece I have written about it. You can quote small excerpts of it if it's within fair use, I guess, and if you attribute the quote to me.

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
9/10, 10/10 if you get more pictures, AOW PL0X!
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Wow, I read through all of it. Very, very indepth and easy to understand, and has all the information you could possibly need. I am known to give much critism to guides, but there barely any. The format, is nice, it's easy to comprehend.

The only things I found wrong with the guide are just a tiny nitpicks... Once again, great guide ... Pi.

(What the Guthix/Sara? Lawl.)

Oh, and skill guides can't be in AOW for a stupid reason. Apparently it's because tip it already has a guide on it, although it's really stupid and only has Database information...

Oh, and this guide is going to dissapear. Just saying this now, lol.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]
Posted Image

AndyPandy
[ Display Name History ]

AndyPandy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,932 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Booyo5
Wow.

Awesome guide. So much stuff in it!

I might be able to pictures at some point.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,
Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,
Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,
Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,
Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,
Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,
And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,
Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,
And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,
After all, you were put on the earth to do this,
So shine your light so bright that all can see,
Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

Oaks are fasterer than willows until about level 70, so you should say there is 0 point in cutting willows in memebers, even at 30, and that F2P should cut oaks.

Willows are unsellable.

Teaks have no animation while cutting as a monkey, which is horrid. Although they still are the best, you don't know when your cutting or not unless you pay 100% attention, even while your not wcing.

Actually, Eucalyp.... logs are great to firemake, I believe the most efficient to 99. (If you make a hefty 1m/hour or so... I forgot)

Cursed magic logs have very low potential. Why? Because farming them in the Grand tree with Hydra allows for constant woodcutting. You seem to have forgotten about they're existance. (You mentioned them... once)

Okay. All very fair. Oaks, I'm skeptical that they can be chopped at 180% the speed of willows, but since you've made that claim it means I have to test it now. Willows technically aren't unsellable, because I've sold a few k of them...but if you're trying to sell 150k logs, good luck with that. You don't have a chopping animation as a monkey, but if you turn the sound on you can hear the chopping noise. I think I did mention that eucs are good for firemaking, but they're just not good to chop if you're planning on burning your logs yourself. And the hydra allows you to constantly chop, but see, you can almost always constantly chop magics already if you go to Lletya on a full world, because there are 3 trees and it's mostly deserted.

Good nitpicks. I can address those in the guide. Thanks for the praise, folks! My ego appreciates it.

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Hmm... since I'm going for 99 Firemaking, farming, woodcutting, and fletching, I'm going to start some firemaking. (Before I read this guide). Sadly not summoning, I need some more skills, and I thought I'd do the 4 skills that revolve around logs. :lol:

I started Eucs, and I must say, they did meet my standards. They are great, and very easy to afk.

PICTURES! Seriously, get some pictures. Nobody likes a boring guide, and adding some pictures including you woodcutting, minimaps, ANYTHING helps. Although it might not actually increase the quality of the guide by that much, pictures makes it easier to understand and less boring.

Pictures!

pictures.
Posted Image

z0diark
[ Display Name History ]

z0diark

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 369 posts
Very useful guide. The information you have given is in depth and all relevant and it is clear that you enjoy woodcutting which makes the guide all the more enjoyable to read. This is one of the best guides that I have read and would say that it should go in the AOW but I wanna try out eucalyptus and get me some monies before everyone starts doing it and the price drops :P

10/10. Great job! :thumbsup:

P.S. I hope you consider writing more guides as you clearly have a knack for it :D
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

Very useful guide. The information you have given is in depth and all relevant and it is clear that you enjoy woodcutting which makes the guide all the more enjoyable to read. This is one of the best guides that I have read and would say that it should go in the AOW but I wanna try out eucalyptus and get me some monies before everyone starts doing it and the price drops :P

10/10. Great job! :thumbsup:

P.S. I hope you consider writing more guides as you clearly have a knack for it :D

Thanks! Actually, I have written one other guide...just not about Runescape is all.

Fishing guide is in the works too, in the same way that this guide was "in the works" until I sat down and wrote the whole thing in one sitting. I'm thinking about it is all.

By the way, as far as pictures go, I do actually have some snapped. Reformatting the guide to include them is just another thing completely, is all. I don't want to have images for some things until I can have images for everything, or it'll feel lopsided to me. I can show you what I have already, though.

10 images

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts

Nice guide, im personally going for 99 wc rigt now....only 10 more levels :mrgreen:

On topic: Once again, good guide, however i much prefer cutting yews. They're longer, mo doubt, but you earn some cash along the way :)

Also, you may have wanted to mention GE merchenting while woodcutting.

I knew about Euc's for a very long time now, but I've finally started. I loved the results, just like yews without the crowds.
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

Nice guide, im personally going for 99 wc rigt now....only 10 more levels :mrgreen:

On topic: Once again, good guide, however i much prefer cutting yews. They're longer, mo doubt, but you earn some cash along the way :)

Also, you may have wanted to mention GE merchenting while woodcutting.

Thanks! If it's cash you're after, you should go with eucs. In my testing at least, their chop rate is about 25% faster than yews, which makes them better in both profit and speed. If my guide reaches more people and awareness increases, they might get more crowded and drop in price...but for now, they're definitely preferable.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Note: If banking teaks at Tai Bwo Wannai, bring a good beast of burden. Trust me, it saves a hell of a lot of time and [bleep]es up xp/hour A LOT. War tortoise gets me a lot more xp/hour.

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Lol, I try to stay in worlds with 1800 or so people. Any more, and you should find 1 person woodcutting every 20 minutes. Euc's aren't as crowded as they were before, or at least not yet, but there ARE people woodcutting them.

:x

Yeah... I'm hardcore Woodcut, lol.
Posted Image

Lacross
[ Display Name History ]

Lacross

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 41 posts
I kinda just got into woodcutting yesterday, and I was cutting yews and the mage at Gnome Stronghold to train. I thought that yews were slow, so I looked for a guide, and I think i found the best Wc guide ever :roll: Im gonna go to the eucs now, thanks a ton, nice guide :thumbsup:

Dragon Drops:14
Barrows Drops:16
Quest Cape

Hasib
[ Display Name History ]

Hasib

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
When cutting the wilderness Magic Tree, have the Forinthry Bracelet equipped, if you want to negate the effect of being teliblocked... it has helped me escape revs many times on various activities a number of times
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Inuashakent
[ Display Name History ]

Inuashakent

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,939 posts
Wolf's aren't aggresive to you at 129+ combat I think, I"m 133 and they aren't.
Posted Image

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

When cutting the wilderness Magic Tree, have the Forinthry Bracelet equipped, if you want to negate the effect of being teliblocked... it has helped me escape revs many times on various activities a number of times

Oh, right. Silly of me not to have that down already, there being a portal right next to the tree and all.

Wolf's aren't aggresive to you at 129+ combat I think, I"m 133 and they aren't.

If I didn't already say that, I should have.

I kinda just got into woodcutting yesterday, and I was cutting yews and the mage at Gnome Stronghold to train. I thought that yews were slow, so I looked for a guide, and I think i found the best Wc guide ever :roll: Im gonna go to the eucs now, thanks a ton, nice guide :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it!

Mr_Paddywagon
[ Display Name History ]

Mr_Paddywagon

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
Finally someone has recognized the rates of teaks =D> I love your guide ,I personally banked all the teaks by using the fairy ring by the cw teak and banked in edge. You know you should add that if people are rich they can plank the teaks and make more money.10/10.

TwilightZero
[ Display Name History ]

TwilightZero

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 25 posts
You should include the inferno adze which requires 93 fm and all beacon's lit, and cuts just as efficient as a dragon axe and requires 61 wc to use, it also burns logs when cutting 1/4 of the time so its good for those people who want 99 fm and wc, it can also mine ores efficient to a rune pickaxe, making it a skillers must

EDIT: sorry didnt see that you put it in there accidentally skipped over that part/ :ohnoes:

Posted Image

Guest__
[ Display Name History ]

Guest__
  • Guests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users