~ Troacctid's Woodcutting Guide ~

Troacctid

Looks like it's time for me to retract my stuff about the rune axe. I'm not sure I'd want to go risking a dragon axe in a pvp world.

I'm going to need to talk about brawling gloves now, too. Drat. Revision. :x

I'll do it later. Oh, and gratz kirby.

Don't you keep it on death?

Not if you decide to kill anyone who tries to chop your trees. :twisted:

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troacctid - great guide ive found it really useful a huge thank you :thumbsup:

been at teaks since 92 wc and 92 fm using adze and burning my teaks - one great thing about ape atol and the adze is you dont continually hear the thud thud of the adze when your a monkey just logs burning and the tree falling! the adze noise is very realistic (if youve ever heard one) but extremely irritating

im averaging about 52k wc per hour and 65k fm per hour - approximate figures but ive measured a few times, dont flame me if im a few k out (im not going to count my logs) :|

currently 96 wc and 97 fm

staying here till 98 fm which will be just over 97 wc then ill adze my way to 99 fm and wc at eucalyptus with a beaver

pretty much using all your top tips =D>

something to consider - obviously not the detail as its a wc guide

as im not making any cash i make a trip to the GE at the end of each day to merchant, sell seeds collected (20k and above, rest are dropped inc nests as i need space for fm) and top up my popularity in the kingdom (75k per day adds up) then tele back next day (after adjusting any merchanting), doesnt take too long and makes some cash to help keep me happy. id advise merchanting if you know what your doing as you have lots of time to look at price charts at teaks waiting to hear the tree fall!

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

Troacctid - great guide ive found it really useful a huge thank you :thumbsup:

been at teaks since 92 wc and 92 fm using adze and burning my teaks - one great thing about ape atol and the adze is you dont continually hear the thud thud of the adze when your a monkey just logs burning and the tree falling! the adze noise is very realistic (if youve ever heard one) but extremely irritating

im averaging about 52k wc per hour and 65k fm per hour - approximate figures but ive measured a few times, dont flame me if im a few k out (im not going to count my logs) :|

currently 96 wc and 97 fm

staying here till 98 fm which will be just over 97 wc then ill adze my way to 99 fm and wc at eucalyptus with a beaver

pretty much using all your top tips =D>

something to consider - obviously not the detail as its a wc guide

as im not making any cash i make a trip to the GE at the end of each day to merchant, sell seeds collected (20k and above, rest are dropped inc nests as i need space for fm) and top up my popularity in the kingdom (75k per day adds up) then tele back next day (after adjusting any merchanting), doesnt take too long and makes some cash to help keep me happy. id advise merchanting if you know what your doing as you have lots of time to look at price charts at teaks waiting to hear the tree fall!

That's an excellent plan. Good luck on your skillcapes! :thumbsup:

hmmz i didn't read all 77 pages but idk f this was posted but what about a hydra at the gnome tree place right next to the bank? closer then barb outpost i believe.

Crowds aren't generally a big enough issue to spend extra money on a hydra, especially since eucalyptus trees are already better than yews anyway.

Good guide

8/10 :thumbsup:

Thank you. ::'

update - am now cutting eucalyptus - i know i said i was staying to 98 fm but i couldnt stand it

will try and average out stats more to get a bit more accuracy but heres the first cut

wc lvl 97 fm lvl 97 using beaver for the majority of time and inferno adze

wc exp per hour 49.7k = 301 logs but fm exp per hour 18.7k so 92 logs burnt therefore 209 banked @400 ea = 83.6k gp

the adze is burning 30% of the logs so i need to run more checks as this seems a high %, if you look at exp % its about 37% eg for every 100wc exp i get 37fm

in summary per hour

wc exp 49.7k

fm exp 18.7k

cash 83.6k

dont think my averages will change much, if they do ill post again or will post when i get 98 wc as the beaver will make me invisible lvl 100 rather than 99

the wc exp is slightly worse (about 2-4k) than when i was cutting and burning teaks and the fm is way worse (down 42k). as im only making about 84k cash i should probably stay at teaks and get to 99 sooner but lazy woodcutting suits me better - wont bore you with why.

getting slight variances with the adze contributing to fm, averaging 34.6% for the experience and 28% for the number of logs burnt - so your close saying adze burns about 25% of the logs, i guess the point to make is you get a nice lump of additional exp (nearly 35%) as the fm exp reward is higher than wc (sorry im stating the obvious but sometimes you have to). this test is with eucalyptus

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

platinum1004.png

update - am now cutting eucalyptus - i know i said i was staying to 98 fm but i couldnt stand it

will try and average out stats more to get a bit more accuracy but heres the first cut

wc lvl 97 fm lvl 97 using beaver for the majority of time and inferno adze

wc exp per hour 49.7k = 301 logs but fm exp per hour 18.7k so 92 logs burnt therefore 209 banked @400 ea = 83.6k gp

the adze is burning 30% of the logs so i need to run more checks as this seems a high %, if you look at exp % its about 37% eg for every 100wc exp i get 37fm

in summary per hour

wc exp 49.7k

fm exp 18.7k

cash 83.6k

dont think my averages will change much, if they do ill post again or will post when i get 98 wc as the beaver will make me invisible lvl 100 rather than 99

the wc exp is slightly worse (about 2-4k) than when i was cutting and burning teaks and the fm is way worse (down 42k). as im only making about 84k cash i should probably stay at teaks and get to 99 sooner but lazy woodcutting suits me better - wont bore you with why.

getting slight variances with the adze contributing to fm, averaging 34.6% for the experience and 28% for the number of logs burnt - so your close saying adze burns about 25% of the logs, i guess the point to make is you get a nice lump of additional exp (nearly 35%) as the fm exp reward is higher than wc (sorry im stating the obvious but sometimes you have to). this test is with eucalyptus

Those results at 97 with a beaver seem to match mine at 99 without one, which would appear to indicate not a very dramatic difference in woodcutting xp when using the adze at higher-leveled trees like eucalyptus. Interesting. Thanks.

This guide was nice to read, it was really detailed and had the facts about Woodcutting.

Great guide. :)

Thank you. ::'

I have an idea for banking teaks from the Tai Bwo Wannai grove patch.

After you're finished, teleport to Edgeville with a Glory Amulet, bank, go into the abyss, go to the nature altar, arrive in Karmaja, and go back to the grove.

I don't know how effective this would be, but it's one method.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I have an idea for banking teaks from the Tai Bwo Wannai grove patch.

After you're finished, teleport to Edgeville with a Glory Amulet, bank, go into the abyss, go to the nature altar, arrive in Karmaja, and go back to the grove.

I don't know how effective this would be, but it's one method.

Spirit Graahks are faster. Yeah, I thought of doing this. Didn't I mention it? I could swear I did...the nice thing is that you also get to craft a load of nats on the way. I haven't tested it at all though.

Hey you need to add a section in that incorporates fletching xp into the mix of things, I want to know what is best to cut when fletching xp is more important to me then woodcutting.

Two main options to choose from. One, cut eucs, sell the eucs, and buy fletching equipment. Very easy and I recommend it. Two, take the logs you cut and fletch them into unstrucg longbows, but only while you're on the way back to the bank. Generally less preferable.

For the most part, just because the output of one skill is the input of another doesn't mean you need to train the first to train the second. The Grand Exchange is almost always more efficient.

Hey you need to add a section in that incorporates fletching xp into the mix of things, I want to know what is best to cut when fletching xp is more important to me then woodcutting.

The the logs. :roll:

What?

This is a fantastic guide! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've been wanting to get 99 wc for a while now (currently 85) but I've never known the best way. Looking at your methods I've decided to use the "teak and parcel" method.

Thanks for the help!

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws

• 2 weeks later...

From your FAQ:

[hide=]Q: How do other people affect my woodcutting?

A: If two people are chopping one tree, the rate at which they both collect logs will be exactly the same. However, the tree will die faster. If there's another person in your spot, it's in both of your interests to chop the same tree. Why? Because it staggers the respawn rates in such a way that you spend less time waiting for stumps to grow back. There is a myth that you chop faster if you have your tree to yourself, but that's not true. So don't be afraid to share. (Funny story. I was once chopping with this guy who refused to chop the same tree I was chopping. I would move to his tree and he would immediately run away to a different tree. So I chased him there and he'd run back again. I kept it up for a while, laughing at him the whole time. Don't be that guy.)[/hide]

How do you know this information? Is it just a hypothesis or did you actually test it out somehow? And wouldnt the woodcutter with the higher level get more logs on the same tree against a lower level woodcutter?

From your FAQ:

A: If two people are chopping one tree, the rate at which they both collect logs will be exactly the same. However, the tree will die faster. If there's another person in your spot, it's in both of your interests to chop the same tree. Why? Because it staggers the respawn rates in such a way that you spend less time waiting for stumps to grow back. There is a myth that you chop faster if you have your tree to yourself, but that's not true. So don't be afraid to share. (Funny story. I was once chopping with this guy who refused to chop the same tree I was chopping. I would move to his tree and he would immediately run away to a different tree. So I chased him there and he'd run back again. I kept it up for a while, laughing at him the whole time. Don't be that guy.)[/hide]

How do you know this information? Is it just a hypothesis or did you actually test it out somehow? And wouldnt the woodcutter with the higher level get more logs on the same tree against a lower level woodcutter?

I got about a half hour of testing on magic logs.

From your FAQ:

I got about a half hour of testing on magic logs.

After reading your guide, I switched from doing Teaks at Tai Bwo Wannai to Eucalyptus.

I get around 48k per hour at lvl 97 and 52k per hour when I use a Terrorbird.

As for the fact above, not many people know it.

Whenever I'm cutting a tree with a person already cutting it, they tell me to go get my own tree.

I politely say no and tell them the facts. Then I get criticized, but I still keep cutting.

Great guide! :thumbsup:

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!