~ Troacctid's Woodcutting Guide ~

Troacctid

Thanks soooooooo much. Next stop, cutting yews!

P.S. Can you produce a button to link to this?

You should cut eucs. They're better cash and xp than yews. ;)

p.s, please can I reproduce this guide to a pdf and offer it for download on my site

No, I'd rather you not.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you don't have 77 summoning, you will eventually end up kicking yourself at some point if you throw them away.

SO TRUE!

I spent 20+ hours trying to get the lumberjack pieces (actually it was probably 30+ lol) (I have at least 50-60 lumberjack hats and boots but no shirt lol)

Anyway at this time I thought i would NEVER get above lvl 70 summoning ever (was around lvl 40 at the time) so i never kept the talon charms.

Now i'm lvl 75 summoning and starting to regret dropping litterally HUNDREDS of talon charms...ARGH!

Very nice guide man. If you add pictures, the most helpful ones would be showing where the trees are, especially where the Eucalyptus trees are.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Even if you don't have 77 summoning, you will eventually end up kicking yourself at some point if you throw them away.

SO TRUE!

I spent 20+ hours trying to get the lumberjack pieces (actually it was probably 30+ lol) (I have at least 50-60 lumberjack hats and boots but no shirt lol)

Anyway at this time I thought i would NEVER get above lvl 70 summoning ever (was around lvl 40 at the time) so i never kept the talon charms.

Now i'm lvl 75 summoning and starting to regret dropping litterally HUNDREDS of talon charms...ARGH!

Toldja so. ;)

Where are euc's?
Very nice guide man. If you add pictures, the most helpful ones would be showing where the trees are, especially where the Eucalyptus trees are.

As luck would have it, I happen to have a picture of exactly that.

OoglogEucalyptus.png

I thought it would look out of place if I didn't have a similar one for each different tree, if you're wondering why it isn't already in the guide.

This guide is great! The most comprehensive wc guide I've ever seen. All that's missing are some exp rates, but that's forgivable.

There's just a little thing to maybe think about. Woodcutting goes well with some runecrafting trips, since you end up with an almost empty inventory after crafting runes. I find it particularly nice to craft earth runes with FoG gloves and lumby ring. Then cut oaks and plank them at the lumberyard, telly to varrock, and repeat. Yes, I cut oaks at 88 woodcutting. It's more about the rcing exp and the money than woodcutting exp, which I see as bonus exp. I dunno if it's worth a mention...

Then there's the old air crafting run that cuts the yew tree on the way back. I'm sure there are more examples of such synergies that involve woodcutting.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

This guide is great! The most comprehensive wc guide I've ever seen. All that's missing are some exp rates, but that's forgivable.

There's just a little thing to maybe think about. Woodcutting goes well with some runecrafting trips, since you end up with an almost empty inventory after crafting runes. I find it particularly nice to craft earth runes with FoG gloves and lumby ring. Then cut oaks and plank them at the lumberyard, telly to varrock, and repeat. Yes, I cut oaks at 88 woodcutting. It's more about the rcing exp and the money than woodcutting exp, which I see as bonus exp. I dunno if it's worth a mention...

Then there's the old air crafting run that cuts the yew tree on the way back. I'm sure there are more examples of such synergies that involve woodcutting.

This has come up before, I think. The idea is to focus more on runecrafting, so you wouldn't want to craft a rune you wouldn't normally craft (such as earth runes). So, you'd want to look for trees around the altar you already want to visit. The only runecrafting altar worth crafting at with nearby trees worth chopping is the nature altar, where you would bring some trading sticks and chop a load of teaks on the way back. So I'd recommend that if you want to mix the two. :thumbup:

Awsome guide

I'm currently chopping some teaks with adze and using parcels to bank (seems 10k trading sticks is max you can buy in one time)

edit:

maybe usefull info; tried a fw different logs (a few yews, some willows and for the rest yews)

75,240 wc-xp; 28,845 fm-xp (was using adze and also gloves and ring (maybe 100 teaks without gloves))

Correction: You can wear the Rabbit's Foot before starting Eagle's Peak.

There is also a mistake in your guide, at the part of the cursed magic tree's.

You CAN use Jennica's Ring when you have been teleblocked. When you get to the spirit realm (wich isn't considered wildy) you can easily teleport out, or just wait till the rev has passed.

priest_wiz.png

Okay...by popular demand, I've added images to the guide. I hope you all appreciate it, 'cuz it took me about four hours to get all of them in there.

Not really much I can say to top that. Hope you like it, I guess.

Also, does anyone know how much xp a morphic hatchet adds before it degrades? I'd test it myself, but I need those morphic tools for smithing.

There is also a mistake in your guide, at the part of the cursed magic tree's.

You CAN use Jennica's Ring when you have been teleblocked. When you get to the spirit realm (wich isn't considered wildy) you can easily teleport out, or just wait till the rev has passed.

Okay, fixed.

Lol, I still think you should change the bit that says you were aiming for 100k+ xp per hour with the fast teak dropping. It is extremely unlikely to get 100k+ xp per hour even if you made absolutely no mistakes. Maybe you should time an hour of woodcutting with the method and put that in the guide instead. I'd give you one of mine but it's your guide and I figure you'd want to use your own xp rate.

Also, it gets much easier if you drop more than 1 log at a time when you drop. If you do double drops, you will only have to drop once every 2.86 logs cut on average (since 30% are burnt). If you do triple drops, you will only have to drop once every 4.29 logs cut on average. If you're good enough to drop multiple logs consistently, you can just not pay much attention while your inventory fills up, and then empty your inventory.

Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, your guide has been deemed worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

Congratulations, you deserve it!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I read this guide, although I have no intention of woodcutting in the near future.. I really like it, it was well written and I enjoyed some humour.

Nice work.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Too easy to get on the AoW even with a highly biased guide.

Good and all, but too biased.

Mahoganies are great.

Deal with it. :|

From what I've seen, they're overshadowed by teaks in pretty much everything. Do you know something I don't? :?