Waterfiends

Pirate_Felix

I would say that the "best" would be one of two alternatives...

++Piety Method

+Equipped

-neitznot helm(or slayer hat on task)

-fury

-monk top(karils if you notice that you're taking too much damage)

-monk bottom

-d boots

-wealth ring

-sara sword

-your best cape

+Inventory

-home tab

-holy wrench

-bunyip or pony scrolls

-sgs for special attacks

-1 pure set( 4 dose super attack and strength)

-10 prayer potions(12 with karils top)

-games necklace(deposit at the box)

-bunyip or pony pouch

+Method

-Run in with magic prayer until you get to the fiends and they start hitting you, switch on piety and range protect prayer. Make sure your weapon is set to crush, and hack away until they're dead. Switch to your special attack weapon when you can and don't have full hp or prayer. Switch off range prayer to use up the food that they drop(if you don't need it).

++Karils Method

+Equipped

-neitznot helm(or slayer hat on task)

-fury

-karils top

-karils bottom

-d boots

-wealth ring

-sara sword

-your best cape

+Inventory

-home tab

-holy wrench

-bunyip or pony scrolls

-sgs for special attacks

-2 pure set(8 dose super attack and strength)

-8 prayer potions

-games necklace(deposit at the box)

-bunyip or pony pouch

+Method

-Run in with magic prayer until you get to the fiends and they start hitting you, switch on range protect prayer. Make sure your weapon is set to crush, and hack away until they're dead. Switch to your special attack weapon when you can and don't have full hp or prayer. Switch off range prayer to use up the food that they drop(if you don't need it).

The piety method is faster but slightly less profit, and it is necessary to bank more often. Your overal speed increases noticably, though. I personally have not tried going without range protect prayer on, so I wouldn't know about that. I'm sure that I missed some things, but I typed this before you posted your stats, resources, etc, so...whatever.

EDIT: Now that I've seen your levels, the piety method is obviously impossible, and you would have an extremely tough time lasting long at all or doing damage effectively. If you have them as a task...good luck, if you're just there for charms, I'd strongly suggest that you use a different monster.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Sorry mate, but with that defense you'll get murdered. But congratulations on having a good summoning level for your combat. I respect that. <3:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Sorry mate, but with that defense you'll get murdered. But congratulations on having a good summoning level for your combat. I respect that. <3:

Defence doesn't matter when you're protecting from range, and he has a decent magic level so he'll be fine. But you're going to need higher offensive stats, or you won't hit much at all.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

Defence doesn't matter when you're protecting from range, and he has a decent magic level so he'll be fine. But you're going to need higher offensive stats, or you won't hit much at all.

Defence does affect your magic defence. Magic is just another variable factored in along with defence to figure out your mage defence.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Defense does matter. It also plays a factor in mage defense.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

thanx for your help guys but then what are the levels needed for waterfiends and where else should i get my crimson charms?

oh and i just got my slayer helm today :D

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I just started waterfiends to get crimsons. I'm 82/80/80, 81 mage, 60 prayer, and I think my stats are as low as they get before waterfiends are feasible. Not efficient, just feasible. If I were you, I'd try to get melee states to 75 each minimum, and prayer to at least 55. I guess your magic should be okay.

I say this because with my stats, I get about 30 crimsons/ 35 minutes (then i need to restock). I do waterfiends because this is the fastest way I found to collect crimsons. With your current stats, you'll probably get 20 crimsons/ 30 minutes. At that point, you'll probably have to stock up on prayer and food again. Looking at your skills though, one thing you can do is to get your summoning up to Bunyip levels. Then, you can probably increase your efficiency by two fold or even more.

I recently had a task of 170 or so, which i did purely for charms.

At my levels, wearing karils and praying range, i used 30 prayer pots and about 100 sharks, so not cheap. But I did get 150 or so crimson charms and sundry others. I was using the chaos tunnels so multi, and also had a terror bird holding some food for me for bank space.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

zammy spear is better then sara sword.

use this set up:

z spear

d boots

fury

void melee

skill cape t

invin i used was

sgs, for spec

2 sara brews

2 sup restores

3 sup set

1 sup def

6 ppots

3 yips+scrolls

2 pineapple pizzas

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Unless you have 99 strength, the tiny increase in speed(which is not consistant) is definately not worth sacrificing strength training. I recently bought a spear for the new beast and tested the two a lot more thoroughly, sometimes you get more kills/5 minutes with the sword, sometimes with the spear, with the spear averaging ahead by 1.2 or something similar if I remember right.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Go to waterfiends with 99 magic and 1 defence, then go back with 99 defence and 99 magic, tell me what's better.

As said above, defence does affect mage defence.

@ OP: Maybe range them in the safespot?

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I recently had a task of 170 or so, which i did purely for charms.

At my levels, wearing karils and praying range, i used 30 prayer pots and about 100 sharks, so not cheap. But I did get 150 or so crimson charms and sundry others. I was using the chaos tunnels so multi, and also had a terror bird holding some food for me for bank space.

G

Chaos Tunnels? That's a horrible place to kill them compared to the Ancient Cavern.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Unless you have 99 strength, the tiny increase in speed(which is not consistant) is definately not worth sacrificing strength training. I recently bought a spear for the new beast and tested the two a lot more thoroughly, sometimes you get more kills/5 minutes with the sword, sometimes with the spear, with the spear averaging ahead by 1.2 or something similar if I remember right.

i myself am working on 90 melee's..i have 91 str, and needed 2 more lvls in att n def for 90's...i tried z spear, there same speed, it think..but the accuracy of z spear beats the slightly higher str of ss, hitting 1 higher max damage every so often or hitting to more 20, instead of a 0....

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

[hide=][/hide]

[hide=][/hide]

i myself am working on 90 melee's..i have 91 str, and needed 2 more lvls in att n def for 90's...i tried z spear, there same speed, it think..but the accuracy of z spear beats the slightly higher str of ss, hitting 1 higher max damage every so often or hitting to more 20, instead of a 0....

If the difference was that noticable then a spear would be the obvious best choice but... it's not...I don't remember him telling how much he was willing to spend, so we don't even know if a sword is a possible option.

Controlled ftw. It's faster than training them all at once, if that's your argument.

inuyashakent-2.png

y does no one sugest obby neclace and mace?

its comparable to wip when used with the neclace and since you'll be praying most of the time the loss to defense isn't very noticable. and drum roll........ it only costs 600k total and price is relativly stable compared to spear and ss

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

y does no one sugest obby neclace and mace?

its comparable to wip when used with the neclace and since you'll be praying most of the time the loss to defense isn't very noticable. and drum roll........ it only costs 600k total and price is relativly stable compared to spear and ss

And drum roll... it's not.

It sucks. That's all there is. Tested and proven fact.

inuyashakent-2.png