Problem with .ISOs

runescapeloser22

I've been trying to burn some .iso images to my DVD-R discs, but whenever I open it in ImgBurn the button to start the burn is all grayed out and I can't click it (It recognizes my DVD Drive). Then I downloaded Alcohol 120%, and it also recognized my DVD drive but kept saying there was no disc in it when I tried to burn.

My DVD drive is called "TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462C" under Device Manager, could that be the problem? This in a laptop by the way.

Download infra recorder and check if it works.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=762137

You could check this thread and see if any of the posts made there will help you.

Also, have you tried with a cd-r/rw disc?

What exact type of drive are you using, and what exact type of disks are you using? This is very important -- DVD drives are only slated to burn a specific type of DVD-R, so doublecheck what you have.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It might sound dumb, but ARE YOU SURE that your drive can actually burn DVD's? In some lower priced notebooks, they can read DVD's but THEY CAN'T burn to them. That might be your problem.

That poses a really good question actually. I really think he doesn't have a DVD burner. His drive is a "CDW/DVD" not a "DVDR/RW".

You can probably just mount the .ISO on a virtual drive if you can't burn it. That is, if you need it for your PC.

It's for Wii ;)

I'm not sure if my drive can ever burn them, that's kind of what this thread is for. :lol: It can burn music to CDs and I frequently burn files onto CDs, but is that completely different than burning images?

You can probably just mount the .ISO on a virtual drive if you can't burn it. That is, if you need it for your PC.
It's for Wii ;)

I'm not sure if my drive can ever burn them, that's kind of what this thread is for. :lol: It can burn music to CDs and I frequently burn files onto CDs, but is that completely different than burning images?

Depends on your image. Is the image larger than 650 MB, or smaller? If smaller, you might be able to load it onto a CD, instead of a DVD. ::'

BTW, I just checked the device properties of a similar drive I have here, and it leads me to believe that you won't be able to burn DVDs with that drive... If you need further proof, read the following thread about your drive...

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f36/tsstcorp-cdw-dvd-ts-l462c-ts01-216426/

Sorry to be such a 'bummer'... :(

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I actually have multiple ISOs, the smallest is 1GB and the second smallest is 2.9GB (the biggest is 4.37GB)... Is there any way to compress them to fit onto a CD and still function normally. (They are *legal* backups [meaning I own the original game] to be played on my Wii if that matters at all)

Seems like Mr.DvD found your drive, it can read but not write dvd's.

To my knowledge, you can't compress them as much as you need, i might be wrong but i don't think so.

You could send the files to another computer in your house or to a friend and burn the iso's at a drive that writes dvd's.

Don't believe there's a way to compress a DVD ISO onto a CD, so you're out of luck there. You might do good if you could find a friend that has a burner, and is willing to let you burn things there.

Also, I'm not 100% sure that the Wii will read copied games. It might not even bother with it, since the console may have been hard-programmed to reject game copies. You'll have to look into it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Don't believe there's a way to compress a DVD ISO onto a CD, so you're out of luck there. You might do good if you could find a friend that has a burner, and is willing to let you burn things there.

Also, I'm not 100% sure that the Wii will read copied games. It might not even bother with it, since the console may have been hard-programmed to reject game copies. You'll have to look into it.

I think that may be try but, i am sure there is awork around. ;)

It's called a modchip. Also I found a program called WiiScrubber, that compresses my files down to less then 300MB (and it's legit). So the question is, would burning an .ISO image to a CD work normally?

It's called a modchip. Also I found a program called WiiScrubber, that compresses my files down to less then 300MB (and it's legit). So the question is, would burning an .ISO image to a CD work normally?

May as well give it a try man. I'm not sure if the Wii has the ability to read normal CD's, but it's worth a shot.

I had the exact problem as you on the exact type of DVD. I downloaded a little program called Imgburn and it worked. :)

http://www.imgburn.com/

Linky ^

He is using imgburn.

Hmm, I'm not sure then. I just thought not because I had a similar problem and I managed to fix it.

j0xPu5R.png

I think his CD drive is incapable of burning DVDs, since it's not a DVD-RW drive.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I think his CD drive is incapable of burning DVDs, since it's not a DVD-RW drive.

That's a possibility. Maybe you can get the vendor information for the drive? Also, see if it mentions anything about it burning DVDs such as "DVD-RW" or something similar.

j0xPu5R.png