A sociology-vocab question.

andufusthebronze

Okay so this is a really wierd topic, but it does have some disscussion value.

In reality, I'm asking a question. Does anyone know what the actual term is (I'll do my best to describe it) when someone (person A) means more to someone else (person B) than (person B) means to (person A)?

If that makes any sense at all.

I'll try an example.

I have a friend who told me I'm their best mate, and whilst I was very flattered I didn't say 'Your my best mate' back, because their not. So I mean more to them than they mean to me. I also have it in reverse situations, but I don't really have the time to go into it.

So the discussion value... Ever happened to you?

But I'm mainly asking, is there a word for it?

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Idk if theres a word, but yeah, I used to be equally befriended with 2 people, but now I'm slowly drifting away from them in terms of likes and dislikes etc, but i don't want to tell him. It is kind of difficult when people ask who your best friend is too.

Unrequited friendship?

Yea, that's it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I think that this is a very common thing. To put it in pretty much the same terms as you did, you think someone is your best friend, in fact you are utterly convinced that the relationship is mutual in that regards. Then through some sort of incident you find you that they really couldn't care what happened to you.

andufus, may I ask exactly how much you see said person and hang out with him/her? I mean, if you are around this person a lot, I can see why they would think so, if not, then I'm going to be assuming that this person doesn't have very many friends if someone they don't see often would be considered their best friend.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

This is common in my life. I have a few friends who I like to hang out with, but there are some times where they tell me I am their greatest friend ever, and I can't really lie and say "You are mine, too." Quite an awkward conversation, to be honest.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

I think that this is a very common thing. To put it in pretty much the same terms as you did, you think someone is your best friend, in fact you are utterly convinced that the relationship is mutual in that regards. Then through some sort of incident you find you that they really couldn't care what happened to you.

andufus, may I ask exactly how much you see said person and hang out with him/her? I mean, if you are around this person a lot, I can see why they would think so, if not, then I'm going to be assuming that this person doesn't have very many friends if someone they don't see often would be considered their best friend.

I believe Echofish was right with the termonology (sp?)

Yeah you can. :P

There are several people it happens with, but the two I was talking about...

Tom sits next to me in form and is part of my friendship group, so I spend... 1.5 hours with him atleast during school days, and he sits next to me in english so that's another 3 hours a week.

The other one is one were I know that he means more to me than I mean to him, and he's actually my form tutor. I see him around 40 minutes a school day, 30 minutes in form and 10 minutes in general just in different bits :P

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Unrequited friendship?

Yea, that's it.

Yup.

I did Sociology GCSE, was a fun class :D

Isn't GSCE some UK thing?

Anyways, I only know, cause of Emily [bleep]ens loved this guy who didn't lvoe her, and my teacher said (like two years ago, idk how I remmeber this) that it was unrequited love.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge