"You attack first! No you attack first!"

tard53

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Chain Quote]
I hate the idiots that did what you said and also got mad at us for using prayer. Hey, pures, [bleep] you. I'm going to use piety and protect from melee whenever I want.

Nothing wrong with using prayer, but using any protect pray is just nooby.

This is just pathetic. Just because most pures dont have the brains to understand the fact that the skills are there to be used, doesnt meen you are a noob for using them. Why was is there iven such a skill as prayer, or such a prayer as frotect from ___ if it would be nooby to use it... Its called tactic.

Lmao, no my friend it is called lack of tactic.

Having to rely on a protect prayer instead of pure skill.

It's pathetic.

[/hide]

is it a bird?

is it a plane?

no it you running face first into my shield!

im using ANY method of defence i please weather or not its pathetic to some. because at the end im going to be standing on top of your bones clicking "Air Guitar" emote. i use ANY prayeri deem fit for the moment, using prayer is a skill. timing it right and reduce the damage taken is a tactic.

Learn to spell k?

And lmao are you serious?

Prayer noobs such as yourself do not 'time it right'; they slap it on and run when it finishes.

Not necessarily. I've never pk'd much, but when I did, I didn't leave it on all the time.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

[hide=Chain Quote]
I hate the idiots that did what you said and also got mad at us for using prayer. Hey, pures, [bleep] you. I'm going to use piety and protect from melee whenever I want.

This is just pathetic. Just because most pures dont have the brains to understand the fact that the skills are there to be used, doesnt meen you are a noob for using them. Why was is there iven such a skill as prayer, or such a prayer as frotect from ___ if it would be nooby to use it... Its called tactic.

It's pathetic.

[/hide]

is it a bird?

is it a plane?

im using ANY method of defence i please weather or not its pathetic to some. because at the end im going to be standing on top of your bones clicking "Air Guitar" emote. i use ANY prayeri deem fit for the moment, using prayer is a skill. timing it right and reduce the damage taken is a tactic.

Learn to spell k?

Prayer noobs such as yourself do not 'time it right'; they slap it on and run when it finishes.

If you're not using it, why did you get 44 prayer, might I ask?

Eagle eye. And to use against pray noobs/ one item ddsers.

i have a pure, it doesnt have prayer

but its not an unfaira advantage if someone uses protect from melee, if they have the level for it why not?

Telling everyone prayer is nooby is just something for us so we can get pks faster.

There is a subtle difference between having a pure and being a pure. You wouldn't understand it so I'm not going to explain it.

Some pures do not have prayer; they are the minority.

No, protect prayers do not help you pk faster, they help you stay alive long enough to waste each others food before you run away and tele.

Zerker_jane.png

Protect prayers don't even help that much. If you decide to use it in PK, using it w/ strategy would defeat someone iwth higher mage range or melee levels.

Being a pures isn't only about massive clicking.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Ah yes I remember...

Player1: fight?

Player2: okay, but skull since im skulled.

*wait for player1 to attack*

Player1: Attack me

-95% of the time you just have to wait it out for a bit till they attack- hehe...

Okay...

Some misconceptions of pure pking;

1. There is no skill in pking:

It is true to some extent, but as I have said many times - with 1 vs 1 def the skilled pker will ALWAYS come out on top.

I have vsed countless 1 defence pures, some that are easy, some that are average and few that are crazy at what they do. Someone constantly hitting high doesn't always guarantee a win.

2. Pures do not have prayer:

Nearly all higher end pures 70+ do have prayer. They only use protection prayers either if they are getting piled or the other initiates prayer first - which is what most pkers do anyway.

Ranged requires higher end prayers for higher hits also.

3. I own pures:

True, but make a pure and then own them.

"Defence only seperates us" - most anti-pures would have to readily agree upon this statement since the most common statement they use is "defence ftw".

4. Pures are stupid, since they don't train defence.

It's a no brainer that a pure can easily get defence (they do train with the handicap of 1 defence). And I' am pretty sure that most pures have another account that has defence - so they would most likely know the difference between having defence and not having it.

5. Pures are up themselves:

A lot of RuneScape players are up themselves. Unless you have a complete bias against certain characters.

As someone had said, defence makes this game easy. Want a challenge make a pure, there are a lot of skilled pures out there that will keep you on your toes.

Want to have a walk in the park? Get defence, wear top end gear , watch the 0's roll in and tell a pure you own them..oh wait you are already doing that.*

*Don't get me wrong, having defence is good when it comes to RuneScape as a whole (such as access to all quest, larger access to equipment, larger access to areas, larger access to earning money etc). But as you can tell I enjoy the challenge of 1 def pking much more.

I think i am going to have to disagree with the part I have bolded. First, I must say that I do own pures and that I do have a main account with 99 defence 91 attack and 91 strength. When I made my 3 pures, I was looking for certain attributes. For my mele pure, I gave him 20 defence. This is enough to have him wear mithril. Getting him up to about 40 attack and 50 strength was easy. The tough part was fighting the pures. They had at least 10 attack and 10 strength levels on me. But I noticed when i had my full armor on that they did get the big hits, but i was able to whittle down their hp with every blow. They might hit a few numbers in the high teens, but my 5 10's in a row did some damage as well. i was still debating myself about making that account when I decided to make my range pure.

My range pure started off great. I got him to 60 range and 1 defense. This worked very well at about level 27 or so, then I felt like it wasnt doing much for me. I wanted more hp and I wanted to be hit less often. So i trained to 60 mage and 20 defense. This allowed me to use spells and the studded leather armor. I noticed that even against pure rangers of my same level, I was able to whittle down their hp just like I had done with the warrior. Even against warriors i would do well. The range did well to whittle down the hp of the warriors that had defense and the fire blast spell was a great knock out attack instead of resorting to a rune 2h which would raise my combat level if I had trained attack and str.

and finally, my main character. With 99 defense, I do fight a lot of people that have 99 att or str and 90-92 defense and att/str. It really does depend on what I use to fight with, but for the most part, i dont notice too big of a difference between myself and the other person. the defence helps a lot when people try to spec on me, but even in full bandos and a DFS, i have seen people tear through me with a whip.

So i think it all just depends. I understand the philosophy of the 1 defence pure, but in my experience i have noticed that this is maybe not for me or other people. i prefer the defense a lot more than a higher attacking skill. Maybe its just because of my personal experiences of few deaths and many kills, but i guess everyone is different.

[/end long post]

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I love the skiller's trying to act like pkers, or at least like they know what they are talking about, lol.

I loved the 'Go skull', or the 'Skull first' more so than the 'attack first' arguments, even if the go skull statements extended from needing to attack first or whatever, but still leaded to very funny reactions in-game.

But infamous summed it up quite well, any decent pker will tell you protect prayers are for newbies at pvp in the old days, and in CW, but who knows in BH.

On that note,

I only use protect pray at 1/3hp or so, I don't know if that makes me a noob but if I'm wrong, I don't wanna be right.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

That's just en excuse... people wouldn't say that at the Duel Arena in no food/pot fights.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I made a pure once, heavy ranged/melee combo, but I kept my defence at about 10, it gave me an edge, while not boosting my combat level enough to matter. I also did a few quests on my pure (crazy i know) which allowed it to mine/make full iron armor, plus able to craft all leather armor i might need. It was a very inexpensive character to maintain, fully self sustaining, the only major money input was weaponry if i ever lost it.

This was when pking was big, when the wilderness was still there. My pure did have prayer, enough to boost my melee effectively (range prayers werent out) And I was a good pker for my level. My only quiff about the whole thing, was that it wasnt much fun, all the other pures i fought, died pretty easily, or just ran away.

I prefer a well rounded character, pures are fine and dandy, but they arent calculated very well. no defence is a bad idea, too much defence defeats their purpose. they need to up their defence to about 40, accessing enough cheap armor to make up for the increase in levels.

As for the attitude of praying being nooby, and honor, and skill... i stand by the fact that people just arent willing to have patience and ust strategy to win, rather than just name calling when people dont play by your rules. its a game, and you cant force people to follow your directions, so make your own rules that trump anything anyone else will do. ie- pray, its there to use, it gives you the edge if you use it. defence also gives you an edge, just as strength or attack would.

Now the pking troll of a pure who's been ravaging this topic with quite conceded comments ("oh, you dont know anything, so i wont explain, its too much for your simple minds to handle") is the reason that "pures" are labled as they are. It's you who and people like you who made pking such a distasteful travesty- it was made with good intent, but once the elitest community of pompous pures (yay alliteration) settled in, pking was lost forever, and the ditch between rs and the wilderness solidified the metaphorical separation of skills and pvp.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

[hide=Chain Quote]

It's pathetic.

[/hide]

is it a bird?

is it a plane?

Learn to spell k?

...you do know the only error i made was forgetting to put a space between "prayer" and "i" right?

as for the debate with skill or not. there is "some" skill in it belive it or not. figuring out which armor/weapon to use with more effeciency (crush -> plate armor), when to use your special attack, when to flux between different prayers, and not just protect prayers either. but besides that most of it truely is clicking and hopeing for a high hit... which wont get you far if your opponent has high defence and high defence gear for all 3 combat types. hence why Chivalry/Piety are melee'ers best friend. ::'

Popoto.~<3

[hide=Chain Quote]

It's pathetic.

[/hide]

is it a bird?

is it a plane?

Learn to spell k?

...you do know the only error i made was forgetting to put a space between "prayer" and "i" right?

as for the debate with skill or not. there is "some" skill in it belive it or not. figuring out which armor/weapon to use with more effeciency (crush -> plate armor), when to use your special attack, when to flux between different prayers, and not just protect prayers either. but besides that most of it truely is clicking and hopeing for a high hit... which wont get you far if your opponent has high defence and high defence gear for all 3 combat types. hence why Chivalry/Piety are melee'ers best friend. ::'

Sigh..

Prayer noobs have no skill. They will pray until they run out of pray and then run away, wasting the time and resources of both players.

Real pkers on the other hand do have skill. Those who do not never get pks like GS's or whips.

Zerker_jane.png

Sigh..

Prayer noobs have no skill. They will pray until they run out of pray and then run away, wasting the time and resources of both players.

Real pkers on the other hand do have skill. Those who do not never get pks like GS's or whips.

how dont we have skill? 60 prayer + Chivalry, 88 defence, and highest defence equipment keeps us living long for you to come back a second time and die again. ANY player can use whatever they may to "THEIR" advantage. any player here knows that. were not going to stick by some stupid "Player Killing" code and fight fair. but when PvP comes out you'll only learn the hard way at the fact: We dont care what you want, we fight our methods. i suppose your next arguement is why a hybrid like you cant wear armor...

and FYI: Noob is an attitude, not a level. because last i checked im not rousing on players for using a skill they raised unlike yourself. :shame:

Popoto.~<3

Prayer is perfectly acceptable in minigames where the whole point is to stay alive, like castle wars and fist of guthix.

However, when you're pking, the whole point is to stay alive and loot the other person's items. If you're using a protection prayer, you're not using smite and you're not going to get the whip or whatever item they're protecting. If you're doing this, you're not pking, you're tanking hits from someone in the hopes that you might whittle their food away and they won't run.

All prayer does is prolong a fight and allows the opponent to keep another item.

Prayer wouldn't be in Pking, bh or Runescape if you couldn't use it... I mean really everyone who says "z0mg pray0r n00b" is just complaining because they didn't take the time to level their prayer level...

That's why I get annoyed by those who don't player kill. It's ignorance which really makes me laugh. If you really took time to think through your post before even posting here, you'd know that actual pkers use prayer. NEWSFLASH! It's called smite and piety.

:roll:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Sigh..

Perhaps you just don't know how to use prayer in a skillful manner while fighting another player, perhaps you are too unimaginative to incorporate prayers into your tactics. I for one loved using protect prayers in 1 on 1 fights if the other person was only using a single combat style to attack with. Let's say my opponent was using melee, I'd pray melee (they'd proceed to drop names to make themselves feel good) then they would either leave or start praying themselves - I loved it when they prayed themselves because that's when my tactics would kick in...simply switch between range and melee attacks, it would be a distraction for them to have to keep guessing which prayer to use while I would sit back and not really have to worry about getting koed.

Sure, there are some pkers who just turn on prayers because they think that since they have it they can use it (and in the 'turn it on till it's out then run' kind of way), and I completely understand any annoyances with those players - but there are also those like myself, who incorporate prayer tactfully. So please, stop generalizing.

Oh, and to clear any confusion non-pkers are having (as apparent in many posts on this thread), the objective while pking is to kill your opponent, NOT to keep yourself alive. So pretty much anyone willing to fight with protect prayers on and doesn't have multiple combat styles to attack with (or veracs) is not focused on killing their opponent, and is not a good pker - in fact they're just a nuisance and resource waster.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Sigh..

Perhaps you just don't know how to use prayer in a skillful manner while fighting another player, perhaps you are too unimaginative to incorporate prayers into your tactics. I for one loved using protect prayers in 1 on 1 fights if the other person was only using a single combat style to attack with. Let's say my opponent was using melee, I'd pray melee (they'd proceed to drop names to make themselves feel good) then they would either leave or start praying themselves - I loved it when they prayed themselves because that's when my tactics would kick in...simply switch between range and melee attacks, it would be a distraction for them to have to keep guessing which prayer to use while I would sit back and not really have to worry about getting koed.

Sure, there are some pkers who just turn on prayers because they think that since they have it they can use it (and in the 'turn it on till it's out then run' kind of way), and I completely understand any annoyances with those players - but there are also those like myself, who incorporate prayer tactfully. So please, stop generalizing.

I'd have no problem with that if you brought more than one attack style and you're somewhere deep, like mage bank. But not for those who bring one attack style and annoy those in the [non-existant] level 1 Edge.

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Prayer wouldn't be in Pking, bh or Runescape if you couldn't use it... I mean really everyone who says "z0mg pray0r n00b" is just complaining because they didn't take the time to level their prayer level...

That's why I get annoyed by those who don't player kill. It's ignorance which really makes me laugh. If you really took time to think through your post before even posting here, you'd know that actual pkers use prayer. NEWSFLASH! It's called smite and piety.

That's true REAL pkers use smite and piety, but most pures don't have prayer or are too freaking lazy to get the prayer level for smite and piety.

Glokstar2727.png

glokstar2727.png

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

That's true REAL pkers use smite and piety, but most pures don't have prayer or are too freaking lazy to get the prayer level for smite and piety.

Pures do get 43+ prayer for either smite or using protect melee due to their low defence to prevent getting pj'd. Another try though?

Untrue. If you have the level to pray, your opponent most likely does too. People whine about prayer because it's totally pointless in a 1v1 fight if you're relatively the same level. Prayer prolongs the fight and makes it totally boring.

Just because you have the ability to do something doesn't mean you should do it.

Untrue. If you have the level to pray, your opponent most likely does too. People whine about prayer because it's totally pointless in a 1v1 fight if you're relatively the same level. Prayer prolongs the fight and makes it totally boring.

Just because you have the ability to do something doesn't mean you should do it.

Hit the nail on the head on both situations.

If you're bring piled or being attack by someone 25+ levels higher than you, protect prayers :thumbup:

If it's 1 vs 1 and both of you are relatively the same level, protect prayers just carry on the fight unnecessarily. :thumbdown:

Oh, and to clear any confusion non-pkers are having (as apparent in many posts on this thread), the objective while pking is to kill your opponent, NOT to keep yourself alive. So pretty much anyone willing to fight with protect prayers on and doesn't have multiple combat styles to attack with (or veracs) is not focused on killing their opponent, and is not a good pker - in fact they're just a nuisance and resource waster.

Well from when you suggest bringing veracs into pking I'm afraid I just cannot take you seriously.

Stick to FOG k?

Zerker_jane.png

so true...so true

i mean thats why prayer is there and thats why we train it so high.

Don't use protection prayers if the other person isn't doing it first ;_;.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

Sigh..

i bet when we can use summons in pvp pking we will be cheating for 1 hitting you because we are 'teaming' :wall: #-o :roll:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I think i am going to have to disagree with the part I have bolded....

But you can't deny the fact that there are larger inconsistencies when defence comes into the equation (there is a thread that talks about such inconsistencies)

As you should know, 1 defence pking reduces this inconsistency by a large amount - thus allowing both players to tear through each other more 'fairly' or 'consistently'.

A lot of people have accused pures of cheating the 'system' (even though no one has actually defined this 'system'). But if you think about it 1 defence vs 1 defence pking allows an even playing field between players. Which is why I enjoy 1 defence pking. If they beat me they beat me - I or they can't blame it on anything else.

but i guess everyone is different.

I agree people can do what they like. But when a person says "I own pures" "defence ftw" "pures are easy", but are in a whole different style, all I can say is "Well duh...".

It's like a person in a tank saying "I own all ground troops". The soldier already knows that, but they are both entirely different.

Oh yeah this thread actually discusses two topics; originally it was just about skulling, then moved onto the broad topic of pking. :lol:

"I'd rather bear the comments people say to insult ya, then to poison my skin and erase my culture " - Deep Foundation