Slayer Sucks

compfreak847

Here we go again. How is that possible? Your fighting a monster with higher defence, +20% less strength, and +25% less attack Fluke? :?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. How is that possible? Your fighting a monster with higher defence, +20% less strength, and +25% less attack Fluke? :?

You're not talking about Dust Devils are you? Dust Devils are pretty weak to slash attacks.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You're not talking about Dust Devils are you? Dust Devils are pretty weak to slash attacks.

Armored zombies are even weaker, with the +25% attack and +20% strength advantage you will hit much more.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Armored zombies are even weaker, with the +25% attack and +20% strength advantage you will hit much more.

Piety gives +20% Attack, +23% Strength and +25% Defence. You've mixed them up a few times ::' . Also, the advantage you are trying to give piety isn't as high as you have been stating. it is +20% Attack difference, but only +13% to Strength.

I went over this in comparison to Zombie Monkies, and I can only assume it is the same case for this. The reason you have a high hit rate on Armoured Zombies is due to piety. On Dust Devils, I was hitting about 95% of the time (or something close to that number, can't remember exactly, but it was in the video I posted many pages back). Keep in mind that wasn't with piety, using piety on the Zombie Monkies resulted in something like a 90% hit rate. So even with the +20% to Attack, you were hitting less often. This is most likely the case with Armoured Zombies.

ydrasil.png

Piety gives +20% Attack, +23% Strength and +25% Defence. You've mixed them up a few times ::' . Also, the advantage you are trying to give piety isn't as high as you have been stating. it is +20% Attack difference, but only +13% to Strength.

I went over this in comparison to Zombie Monkies, and I can only assume it is the same case for this. The reason you have a high hit rate on Armoured Zombies is due to piety. On Dust Devils, I was hitting about 95% of the time (or something close to that number, can't remember exactly, but it was in the video I posted many pages back). Keep in mind that wasn't with piety, using piety on the Zombie Monkies resulted in something like a 90% hit rate. So even with the +20% to Attack, you were hitting less often. This is most likely the case with Armoured Zombies.

The high hit ratio is because of the Salve (e) ammy?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I have, but not this time :P

Including the extra +5% of salve (e) ammy. Although you could argue about the +3 strength of nezzy vs. +8 of fury, so it's probably close in the ammy department :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Bumpage :P

DeviledEgg24.png

umm, HUH??

I may sound stupid here wat umm, wat do u mean? lolz.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

umm, HUH??

I may sound stupid here wat umm, wat do u mean? lolz.

My thread was at the bottom of the page, about to go off. Therefore, I posted a reply to move it back to the top, where it is more easily visible. This procedure is commonly known as a 'bump'; hence the term 'bumpage'.

DeviledEgg24.png

I have to say, indeed Slayer ISN'T the best way to train Range. I'll give you that. But as long as I'm concerned, Slayer has always made me insane amounts of cash (I usually make 200-300k per task), therefore making it hard for me to understand why you say that Slayer sucks. I have a lower Slayer level than you, yet I deeply love the skill and find it the best Exp/Gp rate for training!

Can you get a Draconic Visage in Zombies? No.

This is just an example though, there are a load more of them to be staten.

All this to say: "Slayer doesn't suck, Slayer rules" :P

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

I have to say, indeed Slayer ISN'T the best way to train Range. I'll give you that. But as long as I'm concerned, Slayer has always made me insane amounts of cash (I usually make 200-300k per task), therefore making it hard for me to understand why you say that Slayer sucks. I have a lower Slayer level than you, yet I deeply love the skill and find it the best Exp/Gp rate for training!

Can you get a Draconic Visage in Zombies? No.

This is just an example though, there are a load more of them to be staten.

All this to say: "Slayer doesn't suck, Slayer rules" :P

Averages count, not individual tasks. And my averages are correct. So I can make a mathematical comparison and say that armored zombies are indeed worse then slayer - much, much worse, in fact.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm very sorry to say this, but after having spent hundreds of hours on slayer I'm quiet sure I can give a more appropiate view on the skill then you can.

I have no clue where you got the exp rates from but it makes absolutely no sense at all, with near maxed out stats I reached 110k xp an hour with (90k if I don't count the slayer exp), which is not too much difference from the 110k you mentioned, and above all you are training an extra skill at the same time.

Getting new tasks or changing tasks takes some time (don't forget changing took a lot more time before the update, and that's how I got most of my slayer exp. The slayer helmet or black mask makes up for the 'loss' of time changing tasks or getting new tasks, the extra 15% for every hit you make really adds up!

Then theirs the money making rate, I will agree with you mostly that before 83 slayer you will hardly get over 100k an hour. However, tasks such as abberant spectres can still add up quiet a lot with all the herb drops. You said that after 83 slayer the money making rate won't go up much, but trust me it does. I'm 99 slayer now, but even after 83 slay I averaged at making 200k gp each hour! (And no, I'm not really lucky with drops at all, I only got 12 whips on the way till 99 whereas many people get near 40, but allright, forget about that). It's not just the whip/dark bow/dragon boots drop that you've to take into account, pure essence, herbs, herb seeds, rune items etc. etc. can still give you a sweet 200k profit each hour, or somewhere near it. You might not earn a lot of money at a low slayer level, but neither can you make a lot of money with level 54 runecrafting can you, yet it's called one of the best money-making skills to date, if you are level 91 that is...See the comparison? Also, do not forget that slayer isn't fully supposed to be a money making skill in the first place, it's an alternative way of training combat, and the higher you get the more expensive drops you can get, and that also counts. Also I don't see how training combat by camping at certain monsters (with a low level in slayer) is better to make money then doing slayer, afterall you're still an apprentice slayer so abbysal demons or dark beasts are out of reach.

Besides the slayer skill brings a lot of variety to skill of combat, most people agree that camping at one type of monster all the way till maxed out combat isn't all that pleasant. Being able to switch between different monsters, traveling a few miles on the way can make the skill of combat much more enjoyable. Unlocking new monsters and meeting people who truly love the combat skill on the way really keeps you going!

What else can I say, slayer is a relatively slow skill to train, but do not forget that you are not just training slayer. Combat and hp exp stack up as you train, and so do does your cash pile. There's really a lot more that I can say about this fabulous skill but I guess you got my point.

When you are a very low level and have had this feeling to get 99 slayer someday, it really feels like a mission impossible that's awaiting you. But just start training it every once in a while, if you get bored just do something else. But once you get back to training some combat stats, don't forget to pay that slayer master a visit.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

I'm very sorry to say this, but after having spent hundreds of hours on slayer I'm quiet sure I can give a more appropiate view on the skill then you can.

I have no clue where you got the exp rates from but it makes absolutely no sense at all, with near maxed out stats I reached 110k xp an hour with (90k if I don't count the slayer exp), which is not too much difference from the 110k you mentioned, and above all you are training an extra skill at the same time.

Getting new tasks or changing tasks takes some time (don't forget changing took a lot more time before the update, and that's how I got most of my slayer exp. The slayer helmet or black mask makes up for the 'loss' of time changing tasks or getting new tasks, the extra 15% for every hit you make really adds up!

Then theirs the money making rate, I will agree with you mostly that before 83 slayer you will hardly get over 100k an hour. However, tasks such as abberant spectres can still add up quiet a lot with all the herb drops. You said that after 83 slayer the money making rate won't go up much, but trust me it does. I'm 99 slayer now, but even after 83 slay I averaged at making 200k gp each hour! (And no, I'm not really lucky with drops at all, I only got 12 whips on the way till 99 whereas many people get near 40, but allright, forget about that). It's not just the whip/dark bow/dragon boots drop that you've to take into account, pure essence, herbs, herb seeds, rune items etc. etc. can still give you a sweet 200k profit each hour, or somewhere near it. You might not earn a lot of money at a low slayer level, but neither can you make a lot of money with level 54 runecrafting can you, yet it's called one of the best money-making skills to date, if you are level 91 that is...See the comparison? Also, do not forget that slayer isn't fully supposed to be a money making skill in the first place, it's an alternative way of training combat, and the higher you get the more expensive drops you can get, and that also counts. Also I don't see how training combat by camping at certain monsters (with a low level in slayer) is better to make money then doing slayer, afterall you're still an apprentice slayer so abbysal demons or dark beasts are out of reach.

Besides the slayer skill brings a lot of variety to skill of combat, most people agree that camping at one type of monster all the way till maxed out combat isn't all that pleasant. Being able to switch between different monsters, traveling a few miles on the way can make the skill of combat much more enjoyable. Unlocking new monsters and meeting people who truly love the combat skill on the way really keeps you going!

What else can I say, slayer is a relatively slow skill to train, but do not forget that you are not just training slayer. Combat and hp exp stack up as you train, and so do does your cash pile. There's really a lot more that I can say about this fabulous skill but I guess you got my point.

When you are a very low level and have had this feeling to get 99 slayer someday, it really feels like a mission impossible that's awaiting you. But just start training it every once in a while, if you get bored just do something else. But once you get back to training some combat stats, don't forget to pay that slayer master a visit.

=D> :thumbsup: \'

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

I'm sorry, but numbers are set. We have input from a 91 slayer, two 84 slayers, and the 31st ranked slayer. All have been carefully tested; just because you've trained something doesn't mean you've TESTED it. I firmly believe our numbers are accurate to within +-1k; I can show you evidence from every single task. Same goes for profit; it's not something you can guess at.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm sorry, but numbers are set. We have input from a 91 slayer, two 84 slayers, and the 31st ranked slayer. All have been carefully tested; just because you've trained something doesn't mean you've TESTED it. I firmly believe our numbers are accurate to within +-1k; I can show you evidence from every single task. Same goes for profit; it's not something you can guess at.

Just because you assume I haven't tested things out because my numbers are different than yours doesn't mean I haven't tested. I actually have, the numbers I've used are fairly accurate. From 78 slayer onwards I averaged at 85.9k combat xp an hour all the way till 99 slayer. You said you kept on skipping metal dragon tasks, well I permanently skipped them as soon as the update was released, hence why your exp rates are lower than mines.

Also the drops are fairly accurate, at 75 slayer I could still make 100k an hour easily, in the level 90's I could do 200k without any trouble. I averaged at 184k gp an hour since 78 slayer. Now I know it's just my own data, and one person's data ain't enough to come up with a theory, but neither is the four people that you are referring too. To come up with a coherent theory you will need data from a few thousand people at least, the value of my data compared to the data of the four guys you've used doesn't really differ much on this scale.

One new thing I'd like to point out, you are comparing an alternative, slower way of training with armour zombies, which drop nothing but bones. Isn't it much of an unfair comparison in this case, especially if you are someone who is all about exp rates, slayer can never win from NPC's with 'awesome' exp rates but no/few drops.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

Just because you assume I haven't tested things out because my numbers are different than yours doesn't mean I haven't tested. I actually have, the numbers I've used are fairly accurate. From 78 slayer onwards I averaged at 85.9k combat xp an hour all the way till 99 slayer. You said you kept on skipping metal dragon tasks, well I permanently skipped them as soon as the update was released, hence why your exp rates are lower than mines.

Also the drops are fairly accurate, at 75 slayer I could still make 100k an hour easily, in the level 90's I could do 200k without any trouble. I averaged at 184k gp an hour since 78 slayer. Now I know it's just my own data, and one person's data ain't enough to come up with a theory, but neither is the four people that you are referring too. To come up with a coherent theory you will need data from a few thousand people at least, the value of my data compared to the data of the four guys you've used doesn't really differ much on this scale.

Just because you spend hundreds (and hundreds) of hours to make 150k-200k an hour does not mean it was worth it. If you make that much after hundreds of hours, what could you have gotten in those hundreds of hours?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Just because you spend hundreds (and hundreds) of hours to make 150k-200k an hour does not mean it was worth it. If you make that much after hundreds of hours, what could you have gotten in those hundreds of hours?

I'm afraid you missed my point, I have never said whether I thought it was worth it or not (afterall 99 slayer was worth it, for the only reason that it was my long term goal, not for the money or anything related). What I was saying to the creater of this thread though is that I haven't experienced any of the above mentioned situations, and therefore doubt his conclusions. Once again I'm just an individual, but that isn't much different from the four people he has used for his statistics, assuming we would need data from thousands of people to come to a somewhat more trustworthy conclusion.

I mean, you do mention the four people you've used the data from, but you haven't mentioned the thousands of people that have the same levels as your 4 friends, and yet do have completely different rates.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

What I WOULD like to see is your exact rates for each task, along with detailed notes on inventory and methods. Then we can examine them and see where you've gone wrong. If you would like to see ours, they can be found earlier in this thread. I have seen no other evidence of anyone doing extensive testing and coming up with vastly different results.

DeviledEgg24.png

I actually want to change the numbers I discussed earlier in this thread. Most of them were just guesses really than real rates. I have been doing Slayer recently and have logged all of the 72 tasks I have done so far. As a sidenote, I also went from 84 Slayer to 87, will ahve 88 soon ::' . I also level'd Attacl/Strength/Defence/Range up by one. I have blocked Hellhounds, Greater Demons, Iron and Steel Dragons, and I cancel Warped Terrorbirds, Goraks and Kalphites. The blocked tasks give low experience rates (although Iron Dragons are faster than Skeletal Wyverns, and all are faster than Mithril Dragons), Terrorbirds are great experience, but I just don't like them. Goraks also good experience but no good drops or charms, and Kalphites are always packed in my experience.

Also note I use superhuman strength as a minimum on every task, on some tasks I instead used piety. Those tasks are Waterfiends, Skeletal Wyverns and Mithril Dragons (although I did use it on one task of Abyssal Demons, and still profited). I use a cannon on only 6 tasks, these are; Aberrant Spectres, Bloodvelds, Dagannoths, Fire Giants, Scabarites and Suqahs. Also note that my rates are gotten from having done 3-9 tasks for each NPC except for Fire Giants where I only have the one.

The rates I have been getting far exceed what I had originally said. I had originally said that the rate for Slayer per hour was about 22.5k. Over the course of these 72 tasks, I have been averaging 30.8k per hour. For melee experience per hour I originally stated it was 65k (although at the time i said I believed it was higher), I am currently averaging 75.6k per hour. Hitpoints branchs off of that and I am getting 26.7k per hour. I said Range was 12.5k (for no other reason than it combining with 65k melee experience to add up to 22.5k Slayer xp/h), I am currently averaging 30.5k per hour. All of that experience comes from either my cannon, or Geyser Titan. Finally, I originally said Summoning was about 18k per hour, I am currently averaging 31.3k per hour. It will be lower for some people as I am using the average experience for me for crimson charms (i.e from 89-99 Summoning, which is about 406.4 per crimson).

That all adds up to 194.9k Overall experience per hour, or 164.1k if you exclude Slayer (for whatever reason). I also am currently making a profit of 12.5k per hour (I am so rich! :lol: ). However, the average time per task for me is 34:40 approximately. This means I am completeing 1.73 tasks per hour, for 41.6 Slayer points per hour, for 1.2 Slayer Dart Packages, for 93.5k per hour. That all adds up to making 106k per hour of profit. This profit can be increased in certain areas for a reduction in experience. For example, instead of killing Fire Giants in the Waterfall with a cannon, you could use a combat familiar in the Chaos Tunnels. That would make that task profit and hence increase the average profit rate. Also, while I am not entirely sure on this since I am not 90+ Slayer, Dark Beasts might profit and also result in a higher profit. Also according to Zarfot's guide it gets 32.6k Slayer experience per hour, so it results in a higher average experience per hour.

Using these numbers compared to what you say the rate is at Armoured Zombies (103k melee experience per hour and 190k profit, I used 9k per hour for Summoning experience also), we can see what is needed for Slayer to be more efficient. Making a comparison with only combat experience (i.e no Slayer experience) the comparison is 146.3k experience with 190k profit to 164.1k experience and 106k profit. This makes the profit required for Slayer to be efficient to be 776.7k per hour. So already it is possible for Slayer to be more efficient.

If you value Slayer experience (and in my opinion, I see no reason why wouldn't), then the comparison is essentially the same but with 194.9k experience per hour with Slayer. This makes the profit required for Slayer to be more efficient as 337k. That amount is easily attainable.

In short, how can Slayer 'suck' for combat experience if it averages 17.7k more combat experience per hour than Armoured Zombies. Not to mention that you get a decent amount of profit and the Slayer experience you get also.

ydrasil.png

Two issues with that: Are you using cannon on all tasks, or is 30k = 60k on the tasks you cannon; How are you getting 32k summoning XP\h? That seems highly unrealistic given the numbers we have seen from zarfot\Qeltar. Your combat rates seem more in line; obviously with better prayers you are getting more XP, and the higher slayer\combat levels + summons are helping out a lot with the XP.

DeviledEgg24.png

Two issues with that: Are you using cannon on all tasks, or is 30k = 60k on the tasks you cannon; How are you getting 32k summoning XP\h? That seems highly unrealistic given the numbers we have seen from zarfot\Qeltar. Your combat rates seem more in line; obviously with better prayers you are getting more XP, and the higher slayer\combat levels + summons are helping out a lot with the XP.

I mentioned I only used a cannon on 6 tasks, they are listed in the second paragraph. Tha average rate for Range is across all tasks as per hour. For example (all for Range), I am getting 73k per hour at Aberrant Spectres, 10k at Black Demons, 119.2k at Dagannoths, 0 for 6 tasks. So it is across all of them.

I mentioned that my Summoning rate will be slightly higher compared to others since I am using my average (mentioned above). Even without it would still be quite high. I don't see how it is unrealistic either. Out of all the tasks I do, only one does not give charms (Spiritual Mages). Suqahs give the next lowest amount of about 6.5k. Then it continues up to 60k from Waterfiends and 62.7k at Scabarites.

With the melee experience, it has little to do with better prayers. Piety is only used on 3 tasks. Mithil Dragons where the experience rate is only 38k per hour anyway, Skeletal Wyverns for 73k per hour, it would provide a good boost here. Finally it is used on Waterfiends, and I get 86.8k experience on them. Overall, those 3 tasks I piety on compared to superhuman strength provides a boost to the overall average, but nothing overly significant. It simply means the rate was always understated as 65k.

Also a final note, the averages are of course based on you having an equal chance to get every task. Although I myself don't believe that to be quite true and that there must be something that affects it. Since we can't know the rate each task is given, I have simply used equal opportunity.

ydrasil.png

So your averaging 140 crimsons\h at waterfiends? I haven't tested Scabarites, but I still find Waterfiends a difficult number to swallow; what sort of combat XP are you averaging at waterfiends? What's your outfit? I'm assuming, of course, that all your numbers including banking and task time (Roughly twice an hour at 34 minutes per task). The level of a task really shouldn't affect the XP boost gotten with piety; as mentioned earlier, because accuracy and strength are both being boosted, defence level of the respective monster does not change the outcome.

DeviledEgg24.png

So your averaging 140 crimsons\h at waterfiends? I haven't tested Scabarites, but I still find Waterfiends a difficult number to swallow; what sort of combat XP are you averaging at waterfiends? What's your outfit? I'm assuming, of course, that all your numbers including banking and task time (Roughly twice an hour at 34 minutes per task). The level of a task really shouldn't affect the XP boost gotten with piety; as mentioned earlier, because accuracy and strength are both being boosted, defence level of the respective monster does not change the outcome.

Ya 140/hour is possible as I got like 92 charms in 44mins, not that high because I don't pay so much attention.

That was with piety and SS, or was it SGS :?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I read the first two sentences and was like :wall: . I mentioned the melee experience per hour I was getting in that post. Just like before I had mentioned the tasks I cannoned and you asked about that also. I didn't work out the average rate I get each charm either (although I could if I wanted). I simply totalled the amount of Summoning experience those charms would give me and converted to an hourly rate. Using my average of 406.4 per crimson would infer I am getting 147.7 crimsons worth per hour, not getting 147 actual crimson charms though. I don't see how you find it "difficult to swallow". I am averaging 168 kills per hour. I use Karils top and bottom, Slayer Helm, Fury, Fire Cape, Berserker Ring, Dragon Boots, "Barrows" Gloves and a Saradomin Sword. I also use my Saradomin Godsword for specials.

I don't include banking time, as I can't time that whilst logging the data from each task. I do that in between tasks and that is far from instantaneous to do. Also with Scabarites, this is one of the best possible tasks you can get. It is possible to get up to the rate of 60k Slayer experience per hour, I am only getting 49k (but I don't use a combat familiar, I use a unicorn... although really I should switch to a Geyser as I can easily take enough food per task and it would increase my rate), I am getting 62.7k Summoning experience per hour in charms, 73.2k Range, 57.7k melee and 19.2k Hitpoints. An overall experience of 261.5k per hour, beaten only by Dagannoths. I am however losing 510.7k per hour on this task. So you should consider doing them.

I am unsure what you are trying to get at with when you mention piety. "The level of a task really shouldn't affect the XP boost gotten with piety" - This means? The bit after it also makes no sense what so ever. What the level of the task (no idea what level you are referring to, maybe Slayer, but makes even less sense) has to do with experience rates, I am unsure. This last bit "because accuracy and strength are both being boosted, defence level of the respective monster does not change the outcome." So because you have an increased chance to hit, as well as the ability to hit higher, and since the defence of the NPC doesn't change... that must mean that piety doesn't help? I must be missing something because I am so lost with what you are trying to convey.

I remember seeing you slaying Nicrune007 only yesterday (I think?). So good luck with that ::' .

ydrasil.png

How are you getting faster experience on your slayer tasks than at armoured zombies? You have a slayer helm instead of a salve (e), and you're using superhuman strength instead of piety...am I missing something? How could you possibly be going faster with weaker damage boosts?