Lying about when you started playing Runescape

Infi

I honestly cannot see the correlation between the two. Why must people inflate when they start Runescape when they obviously haven't?

E.g.:

-I've been playing for 10 years

-I started in 2005

-Etc.

Does it accompany some sort of elitism that only playing early will achieve?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that playing early will achieve is probably bragging rights. That's all a person really cares about, so people usually flaunt that stat like it's something we all have to know. :roll:

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It is funny that some people will instantly respect a person who claims they have played for x years.

Maybe they should look at levels or quest points or just plain personality for their respectability.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

It is funny that some people will instantly respect a person who claims they have played for x years.

Maybe they should look at levels or quest points or just plain personality for their respectability.

That's not certainly the case, I can say (without being a hypocrite to this topic, I don't really care when I started anyways) I've been playing since 2002 and my total is sub-1600. Am I pro yet? :lol:

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

That's not certainly the case, I can say (without being a hypocrite to this topic, I don't really care when I started anyways) I've been playing since 2002 and my total is sub-1600. Am I pro yet? :lol:

*Cough* fail *Cough*

I won't look at levels, because someone could have got those in a matter of a year and a half (a-la N0valyfe).

I won't look at quest points because people don't always like doing quests.

I will happily look at personality, because behind the numbers, digits, and pixels, that's all that counts long after the server's offline.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

You're pro as long as you had fun.

I won't look at levels, because someone could have got those in a matter of a year and a half (a-la N0valyfe).

I won't look at quest points because people don't always like doing quests.

I will happily look at personality, because behind the numbers, digits, and pixels, that's all that counts long after the server's offline.

You're pro as long as you had fun.

Both well said.

Well I'm for the personality, but not for the other two :P

But as you can see in my case, yes I fail :(

*Cough* fail *Cough*

Well I'm for the personality, but not for the other two :P

But as you can see in my case, yes I fail :(

I meant wrong thread to post those specific specifics.

I've never really noticed players lying/bragging about how long they have played RuneScape tbh, so I don't really have much to say :? In what circumstances does this usually happen?

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I've never really noticed players lying/bragging about how long they have played RuneScape tbh, so I don't really have much to say :? In what circumstances does this usually happen?

Mostly in signatures and any thread that has any remote connection 3/4+ years back.

Example:

Thread: "Any realize firemaking exp is a bit minuscule?"

Responder: "Well in RS1, (I started RS in 2002, so I should know) -Blah blah blah blah-"

Example2:

(In someone's signature) "RS Career: Jan 12, 2001 - September 24 2008 GF I played long enough"

Something like that

I also hate whenever I see a "RS career: Something/Something/2004 - 2008 GF"

Or, been playing since 2004.

Like I give a rat's [wagon] how long you've been playing.

Who cares what do you think?

Do I suck now since I have that kind of signature?

Playing since may 2001 and proud not on having any skill over 90.

pure_putin.png

I also hate whenever I see a "RS career: Something/Something/2004 - 2008 GF"

Or, been playing since 2004.

Like I give a rat's [wagon] how long you've been playing.

Yes you do.

Ha, I've been playing a month longer than you have. That makes me a bit cooler than you are.

Lolz.

Anyone who brags about playing for a long time is silly, it's clearly better to have all that knowledge, experience, openness, personality, levels and to belong to part of a community and have a good reputation in a small amount of time - I started RuneScape yesterday! :thumbsup:

(fully aware of my lack of most of these things :oops: )

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

I think it's just a case of

"I've been playing since...insert random date here... therefore I know whereof I speak. Further to that, because I've been playing...insert number of weeks/months/years... longer than you, I must, logically, know far more than you."

Teeg