Lying about when you started playing Runescape

Infi

Only reason i state when i started in my Sig (01) is to also go with my not-so-great total level etc. after they ask why such low skills, its proof there i didnt spend my time crunching away skills to be "hardcore" or "popular". its me saying i play at a steady pace enjoying it as i go. (especially castle wars mind you ::' )

i suppose it doesnt say "im better then you", but in my case says "i have seen the changes throught the gaming career". doesn't mean im better then you of course, in fact im proberly quite the opposite. :lol:

but some people have a certain "Pride" to it (belive it or not) and simply show it without the bragging parts of going "i played since 2000, had full rune and lv 99str. im better then you".

(personally i only got to lv9 and stopped playing for a while after Xmas event so i raise my hand in saying "I suck" ::' )

but think of it like this:

Its like being an Australian, American or Antartican; whereever you are you have the pride of where you came from. which is sorta where it all links....if you get what i mean.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read all the replies for this topic and I do have to agree with some and dissagree with others but there is only one thing to say. A person that has been playin longer and has been part of this community for a good amount of time can compare and point out the prons and cons about this game

SIG.jpg

RealOne.png

Meh... Cant say it really bothers me, if someone says they've been playing since '01, well bully for them. Its not like it makes you better at the game or more knowlegable. If they think that, they're idiots,

The only time it comes into play really is when some asks a question about Rs in the past or starts a thread asks people of they remember the "good old days"

As for people who havent been playing as long as they say they have

Lying on the internet sucks.
...pretty much sums it up

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

O hai, I've been playing 4 years now.

It's not that important, I admit I do talk about how long I've been playing from time to time, but not to make myself look elite or anything. I do it more for historical value.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've been playing off and on for about 4 years now. My time playing the game is a source of pride for me. However, I do not feel that it is a reason to be respected, and I only bring it up when I want to let someone know that I've been around the block a few times.

signature.png

Wow this thread is full of fail. You're stereotyping that A) that real veterants don't exist, it's all just people telling lies B) that the years you spent playing can be used for nothing else but bragging. For the record, real veterants exist, and most of them aren't going to brag about it. That you're a veterant means you have lots of stories to tell about how RS was a few years ago, and that you have some experience. That's it, it doesn't make you a god, but it does mean you have some history. The people who seem to be hating on veterants so much only strike me as jealous, which is ridiculous. Veterants can tell you some nice stories if you spend the time to talk with them, respect that, ordinary players can't do that. Saying that being a veterant "means nothing" is a lie, it does mean something. In a nutshell, they aren't there to be worshipped, but give them the credit they deserve.

2480+ total

Wow this thread is full of fail. You're stereotyping that A) that real veterants don't exist, it's all just people telling lies B) that the years you spent playing can be used for nothing else but bragging. For the record, real veterants exist, and most of them aren't going to brag about it. That you're a veterant means you have lots of stories to tell about how RS was a few years ago, and that you have some experience. That's it, it doesn't make you a god, but it does mean you have some history. The people who seem to be hating on veterants so much only strike me as jealous, which is ridiculous. Veterants can tell you some nice stories if you spend the time to talk with them, respect that, ordinary players can't do that. Saying that being a veterant "means nothing" is a lie, it does mean something. In a nutshell, they aren't there to be worshipped, but give them the credit they deserve.

What is a "veterant"?

I started in 1864, so ha - you should all bow down to me like a god. ;)

Lying about ANYTHING on an ONLINE game is pretty idiotic. I've had countless people tell me that their 'main iz Zezima11!!11!!1111!!!' or that 'i has ninety-ten smithin lul, bow down SON!!!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!'.

Moral of the story? Trying to get people to worship you on an online game..just dumb. :thumbsup:

Corruption Council -

http://corruption-clan.com/forum

Team TKO Blitz Leader - http://tko.rs-clans.com

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Corruption or TKO Blitz.

If you haven't noticed I was talking about the people who pad the truth, not those who actually DID start early

#-o

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Whooah, wind your neck in fella. The OP was referring to people who lie about how long they've been playing, not that there aren't any veterans (note the spelling) in the game.

I think the name of the thread is a bit of a giveaway there!

Happy to discuss

Teeg

It's definetly annoying, even the other way.

When people or friends ask me when I started and I say 2001/02 (forgotten which :oops:), they look at my stats and go 'liek no wai!!11 r3p0rt3d!''

We should combat this annoyance!

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

It is funny that some people will instantly respect a person who claims they have played for x years.

Maybe they should look at levels or quest points or just plain personality for their respectability.

So if loyalty to the game doesn't matter,why would stats and drops from a dungeon in the game matter?Not dissing full out,but make up your mind damn it.

Levels and questing...Doesn't that take TIME?Unless of course,you freaking bot...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I would have to agree. I've been playing off and on since 2005. Does this make me some sort of elite or something? No, I'm just a standard Level 85 member. I can't stand it when people use the amount of time that they've play runescape to add weight to their argument.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude I started in 1987 so shut up

Aaah playing on the ol' Windows 2000 back then sure was sweet.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

It's elitism. Some people like having others think they are "RS vets" and some people like having others think they are "super efficient". Lying on the internet sucks.

Well put.

and yes, people think that they're all that becaus etheyve been playing longer, it matters what youve done with the time. ::'

EditedSignature1.png

It just means that they started waisting their life before you. \' [[if someone hasn't already said that.]]

If you continue to play (as well as Blood Argon) then you, as well as he, are both extremely dumb to say the least.

Hell, even if you've both quit that doesn't change much because playing a game =/= wasting your life, otherwise they could just reply with "oh you read books, have fun wasting your life more than I do" or "you watch tv, nice waste of a life right there". My point is that it's all opinion, and if your opinion is that rs wastes your life and yet continue to play the game, you're dumb.

OT - I'm sure there are a lot of "veterans" that hop onto secondary accounts once in a while and then get talked down to by other players simply because they are higher level or something along those lines, which leads to them saying "well I've been playing since [year] so I'll just ignore you" or something similar.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

It is worst when you meet someone in real life who you know plays/played Runescape and they lie about things like "I knew Zezima he went to our school" or like they had a billion gold or something

Unless those things actually are true. I'm sure a lot of "veterans" could go through their friends lists, and pick out a few accounts worth in the billions. And remember, people of all ages play this game, so its perfectly reasonable for somebody to have gone to school with zezima, or currently be at school with him now (If he's still in college)

I think if I saw a lvl 80 that said he had played since classic I would be tempted to flame but I wouldn't because I'm a good pig. O:)

That would be pretty lame of you if you did flame dude. About 2 months ago when I started playing regularly again, I was only lvl 77, because I spent most of my time chatting with friends and merchanting. Does that make me less of a person than people who level up efficiently, and have stats that wipe the floor with mine?

I think people do it to try and make their opinion "mean more". I think if anything, how long you've been playing really only reflects on which kind of RS community you experienced, and how well you can judge the evolution. I identify myself as an '02 starter, because A) I can prove that I started in '02 at the latest, and B) because thats the community I was most active in. Whether I missed 2 years or so since R2 came out is beside the point.

I also find a lot of people make up their join date to go along with the made up story, because they can't keep track of the timeline of updates :P

SoLawny.png

Well, I started playing when I was eleven. 2001. Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006. That's when I put a lot of time and effort into learning about the game.

Runescape Classic was fun. When you're eleven, and you have this huge world to explore, it really takes your imagination away. I don't regret not training my skills back then.

FUN FACT:

My highest skill in RSC was mining, at around 55.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Well, I started playing when I was eleven. 2001. Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006. That's when I put a lot of time and effort into learning about the game.

Runescape Classic was fun. When you're eleven, and you have this huge world to explore, it really takes your imagination away. I don't regret not training my skills back then.

FUN FACT:

My highest skill in RSC was mining, at around 55.

Do you have a scythe or bunny ears?