Lying about when you started playing Runescape

Infi

Well, I started playing when I was eleven. 2001. Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006. That's when I put a lot of time and effort into learning about the game.

Runescape Classic was fun. When you're eleven, and you have this huge world to explore, it really takes your imagination away. I don't regret not training my skills back then.

FUN FACT:

My highest skill in RSC was mining, at around 55.

Do you have a scythe or bunny ears?

Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I started playing when I was eleven. 2001. Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006. That's when I put a lot of time and effort into learning about the game.

Runescape Classic was fun. When you're eleven, and you have this huge world to explore, it really takes your imagination away. I don't regret not training my skills back then.

FUN FACT:

Had no idea what I was doing, took frequent breaks, missed just about every holiday item, and didn't REALLY start playing till 2006.

And by that story, I don't believe him one little bit. :)

FUN FACT:

That's OK. :) I'm not exactly trying to prove anything to anyone. My point really was that it was a great escape for the imagination when I was a kid. Now that I'm older, I'm more focused on playing the game to the best of my abilities. I think back then it felt so much bigger because I couldn't teleport anywhere. I remember when members first came out, I would dread walking to Ardougne. Ice wolf mountain scared me to death! I was also weary of attacking heroes! :lol: It makes me smile when I look back on it. I haven't really thought about it for a while. When dueling came about, I would stand in Lumbridge and watch people fight, because it was so incredible to me. Everyone wearing full rune, wielding Dragon longswords and Battleaxes. And, I'm sure a lot of people did this, if I needed to get to lumbridge quickly, I would duel someone and have them kill me. :lol:

Adventure was in my spirit back then. Now that I know the map like the back of my hand, and can tele just about anywhere, I don't feel the same rush. Thinking about it though, I can recall that feeling of naivety and wonder. I wonder if all new players feel that way, even now.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

FUN FACT:

That's OK. :) I'm not exactly trying to prove anything to anyone. My point really was that it was a great escape for the imagination when I was a kid. Now that I'm older, I'm more focused on playing the game to the best of my abilities. I think back then it felt so much bigger because I couldn't teleport anywhere. I remember when members first came out, I would dread walking to Ardougne. Ice wolf mountain scared me to death! I was also weary of attacking heroes! :lol: It makes me smile when I look back on it. I haven't really thought about it for a while. When dueling came about, I would stand in Lumbridge and watch people fight, because it was so incredible to me. Everyone wearing full rune, wielding Dragon longswords and Battleaxes. And, I'm sure a lot of people did this, if I needed to get to lumbridge quickly, I would duel someone and have them kill me. :lol:

Adventure was in my spirit back then. Now that I know the map like the back of my hand, and can tele just about anywhere, I don't feel the same rush. Thinking about it though, I can recall that feeling of naivety and wonder. I wonder if all new players feel that way, even now.

Great, you not getting mad at me makes me look bad :x.

I had that feeling when I was a new player a couple years ago.

The feeling of not knowing what the hell you're doing in a game is the best <3:

Morning, gotta agree with you on that one. I've been playing since early 2005, and had no idea what I was doing. I think by December of 2005 I was like level 40? I still only play for fun once in awhile, and don't really care about levels so much.

Inefficiency and playing for fun made the game much more appealing to a younger me. Now, it's just grinding and whatnot.

Playing for a substantial length allows you to share experience with newer players, and teach them about what they've missed, and not had a chance to experience. I don't believe it should be used so much for bragging rights as just to open people's eyes about the gaming community's history and changes as a whole.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

If I tried to lie about when I started, I would look even more pathetic. Besides, it doesn't matter when you start for your knowledge of the game, it matters how much you play and how much you try to expand that knowledge by trying new things and mastery.

People lie about their age all the time, but when it comes down to it, they were still born on the same day.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

People lie about their age all the time, but when it comes down to it, they were still born on the same day.

Except most people can tell your age, just by the way you talk, act, and obviously look.

RS is a big more different.

You can be any age, but most people arnt even close.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Stfu I've been playing for 10 years.Bull,you weren't even alive back then.

Stfu I've been playing 3 years.But you have the stats of a 1-monther

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Personality all the way!

Anyway, I know you don't care, but I started playing in 2006.....(only 1-2hrs a day usually)

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

• 2 weeks later...

[This is my first post here, hello!]

The date you started playing is irrelevant...if anything, it's better to start playing more recently as you'll have no memory of the ugly older graphics

It has no bearing on experience, either. I registered in February 2002 but my combat level is only 80! I do not play RS obsessively, and I suppose hardcore gamers could reach my levels in a matter of months. A side note from that, many people don't realise how "easy" it is to level up some of the skills now, with the "X All" options (and few will remember the failed experimet of "sleeping bags" for instance, where you'd get "tired" if you skilled too much at once). But i'll concede that I have far less experience in skills and quests than players who joined up in the last couple of years.

If in doubt, players who tell you they have been playing for years will probably have a more "literate" username (ie. no intentional typos and few(if any) numbers). For instance, a player with a name like qyu343jwyf9217 probably didn't register so long ago! Good for them though, I hope they enjoy the nice new look of RS, and don't defect to that horrible "Warcraft" game

^^ Hey! I liked the old graphics :3 Too bad I never took screenies...

Anyways, I agree. I see no benefit as to how lying about when you started playing. For those of you who do, congratz, you earned an e-respect level!

I'll also say, I hate when people don't believe how long you've been playing, or they say "PMG WHY U SO NUB!? YOU SHULD HAF 134 COMBATZ BY NAOW!!11@@1" Um, first step away from the caps, and second, I (emphasis on I) choose on how I want to play. Don't tell me what levels I should or shouldn't have by now.

Btw, I started the summer of I forget, the year when they gave out zombie heads. Don't exactly know what year that was ;P

[94/99 Ranged][87/99 HP][80/85 Def][70/70 Pray]

i look it at a different way:

player since 2004- meaning that had to put up with stupid stuff this long w/o quitting

thats what i admire about old players ;\

this thread was almost dead... >.< :shame:

but yeah you mustve posted just to tell us howlong youve been playin.. and all the old school players i know from back in the rsc days.. ect.. we've all quit and come back.. repeat.. i quit for 2 years and came back.. we put up with it just long enough, quit, come back(cus its runescape :-P)

2001-

Sp1nn3y.png

wa5t3dy0u7h.jpeg

1057394893crochrofl.PNG

World 46 Regular

Except most people can tell your age, just by the way you talk, act, and obviously look.

RS is a big more different.

You can be any age, but most people arnt even close.

I dunno, im only just a month over 18 now and my workmates still say i look like a 15yo. the only thing that makes up for my age is my maturity (which fails if im drunk/tipsy \' )

Popoto.~<3