Vulxai's Blog - 295QP - Tarantula page 27

I got 73 mining...I could have gotten 74 mining if I tried, but I did a lot of standing around at the bank doing nothing. I also changed my path. Instead of mining iron to 86 and then coal to 99, I'm mining iron until 80, selling it (I'll get about 4m), and then I'll mine gold in the Brimhaven Northwest mines until 99. I'll sell the gold ore I mine and buy iron and coal for 99 smithing (I'll still play stealing creation for the hammers, which will take about 65 hours). This way, I'll get 99 mining, 99 smithing, and money :thumbsup:. I did the calculations, and the mining will only take an additional 47 hours for nearly twice the amount of cash (I need to mine 170k gold. You can do the math!). So it'll take me about 9 months to get 99 mining and smithing.

In 2 months, however, I will be gone for 2 and a half months at basic, and another nearly 2 months at ait, and then another month working on getting transferred to another unit 5 hours away from where I currently live to where I will be living, and moving. After that, I'll be in college, working, and raising my son and living on my own. My son's mother (who I'm not with anymore) will be living there as well, but she has a sister she's going to be staying with, so my RS playing time will go down, so don't hold me to 9 months. I expect to have 99 mining by June or July, August at the latest, of next year, and then 99 smithing 2-3 months later. We'll see how life goes.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Gold is more fun then Coal anyways =D

Im going to miss you when your gone.

But oh well life > RS =D

Lol and less competition. I wasn't looking forward to fighting in the Mining Guild.

I'll miss you and TAS, it'll be a long 5 months! Hopefully I still have a little time each night to play!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

good luck on all of that vulx that sounds like a bunch of pain in the whole body

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Wow, ur son is cute :D I have a baby brother so I know how cool it is and stuff :) although just not the father bit :P

Gl with everything, Irl and on rs :)

Thanks! The father bit is the best part ;).

Thanks, nerd! Lol, I almost feel like a bully saying that.

good luck on all of that vulx that sounds like a bunch of pain in the whole body

~~~legoman187~~~

Thanks, Lego. It's actually not a big pain, just takes a lot of patience. And I have patience since this is my main goal.

Thanks, nerd! Lol, I almost feel like a bully saying that.

Hahaha your the first person to say that, I guess its normal for other people to use the word nerd :P

Lol I guess.

---

Ok, I got tired of having to world hop to find an open world (I didn't know there was so much competition for mining!), so I went to the Granite mine, and I think I'm going to stick with granite until 90. I got 75 tonight. When I hit 90, I think I'm going to switch to gold. That'll give me a nice chunk of change and some speed. Now to keep it from getting boring, I'm going to mine every other day. The days I don't mine I will be getting my Smithing, Crafting, Fishing, Woodcutting, and Hunter up to 80 for SC (WC and Smith will wait until I get SC tools for them), and then when I get those stats to 80, I'll be doing SC in between mining days. When I get enough hammers for 99 smithing, I will start smithing and mining, alternating skills each day. So I'm not sure when I'll get 99 mining or smithing.

lol make up your mind

you are very much like a person i know from somewhere else :-k

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

lol make up your mind

you are very much like a person i know from somewhere else :-k

~~~legoman187~~~

This is what I do with my time...think of alternating plans...then if I need to, I can just jump around lol.

Lol I like to have things to fall back on. I finished my calcs. I'm going to play SC until I have 47 tools, then I'll stop playing SC and get crafting to 80 via Superglass Make, smithing to 80 via smelting steel bars and then smithing with SC hammers, woodcutting to 80 via willows with SC hatchets, fishing to 80 via flyfishing in Shilo, and Hunter to 80 via red sallys. This would be alternating days with mining, so I'd get 80 mining those days. This would make my SC a lot easier to get points, and keep me entertained. I'm hoping to reach 90 before I ship to basic. But with my life, we'll see how far I make it. I should reach the SC skills to 80's by time I ship too, hopefully.

And yes Tanis, my brain never does shut off, that's why I don't go to bed til 1 or 2 a.m., even on school nights, or else I'll just lay there and think...and then that thinking leads to restlessness, which leads to even less sleep...however, I am tired and I have a busy day ahead of me, so I'll probably play SC tomorrow night.

Please have 85 Mining When I come back <3:

Lol I highly doubt that'll happen. 85 Mining will take me at least two weeks!

Please have 85 Mining When I come back <3:

Lol I highly doubt that'll happen. 85 Mining will take me at least two weeks!

That's.. too fast :anxious:

Mining is never too fast!

*bumps this noob miner's blog* \' :thumbsup:

Thanks, talonn!

I tried solo maging DKS today and it went horribly. I found someone to go in with me to open the doors and get me to the lair, and we went to a world with a team so we could get into the safespot. Then I stayed in that world to watch them for about 5-10 minutes. Then I hopped to find my own world, only to be 2 hit koed by the mager. I lost 2.6m, so for the next 15 hours of gameplay, I'll be gold mining. That way I get money and mining levels. I get my MTK thursday, so I'm only mining enough gold for 2m, which is 4k gold, which will get me 77 mining. I might get that done by time I get my next MTK, if not the next day.

On a brighter note, I'm a C.U.R.E. for SC Claymates. It stands for...Community...something...Rule Enforcer...I think...I'm the one that deals with crashers, if they attack, I find them and tell them the rules, and if they still don't stop, I kill them...or try to. I had my first run in with a crasher today, but I was double teamed (and on the wrong side of the combat triangle), but I trapped him in a fog bank. I only got like...6k points that game because I stayed at the fog for the rest of the game so he couldn't come out, but the rest of the clan was safe. I lead the blue team for a couple hours too :D.

I was doing some looking around, and I decided that I'd kill avianses for money. Then I'll make up for the mining xp lost by not mining gold and mine granite, which is a lot more xp an hour, so when I get done, I should have about the same amount of money made and the same mining xp, but I find Avianses are a little more fun, plus range xp.

I want to try them some time as well they seem fun and profitable and thats always a nice combo

I wish you luck on the money and the lolmininglol goal =D

It's hard to find an open world. And when I did, it always got crashed by people telling me to "gtfo noob", which shows me who the real noobs are -.-

Well after gaining 700k mining xp straight (as in, almost not doing anything but mining when I was on), I decided that going for 99 from 67 is a little much. So I'm backing off just a little bit. I'm still going to mine to get it up, but I'm not going to hit it as hard as I did.

So right now, I'm kind of addicted to SC. Right now, I can't collect class 5 clay, so I'm going to raise my fishing, mining, woodcutting, and hunter to 80 so I can collect class 5 clay. I have over 80 cooking, so I can process the clay, and as I play, I'll collect hammers for 80 smithing and raise my crafting to 80 (unsure of how yet), so then I can make the tools (right now I'm probably going to have to ask someone for a level 5 clay tool). I also need to get my RC up to at least 60 to make runes out of class 4 clay (to make more of them).

I'm still planning on getting 99 mining and smithing, just not as soon as I thought. When I hit 85 mining and smithing, then I'll probably go harder, and then when I hit 90, I'll hit it full steam.

sounds like a plan eh?

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......