The common courtesy of hopping.

Goldenjkered

I've been ranging fortress guards most of the time I've been on lately (which isn't much) and I'll run into people like this almost every time someone else comes by. Most recently I got crashed by some guy in full rune who thought it would be a great idea to alternate ranging between every guard there, while never hitting even once. I mean, why is it so hard to hop when someone's already there? Probably 5 out of 160+ worlds have someone there, why drive out the person who was already there?

I always hop unless it's something I know is going to be crowded on almost every world.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hop if others are there. It's simpler than fighting it out for each and every monster. If, however, I'm first or the number of people is reasonably low, I will not hop.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

People don't have any more right to a spot than others. I'll kill things whether or not there are people there. If someone comes to a spot I'm at, I'll never hop. Even if they're getting all the kills. I'm stubborn like that.

However, if there are only a couple of monsters in the area, or I'll be using a cannon; I'll hop.

Personally, I will battle for my spot. I don't care if I'm getting less experience, it's FUN. Most of my Slayer tasks take place in multi, so if someone comes and tries to push me out, no matter what level they are, I'll fight back. I turn on piety and go full force, attacking their monsters and doing whatever I can to make sure that they know it is MY spot. I only draw the line if a 135+ with good gear comes along. Then I know I can't win, even with piety. For me, competition is the most fun you can have in Runescape. That's also why I love mining.

I honestly wish that people would try and crash my slayer spots more often.

If you're on task, and you see me, by all means, stick around. ;)

You need less destructive passtimes >.>

I have to agree with morningrise on this one. Mining gold is one thing by yourself, but with another person or two putting on run and proving your level is quite satisifying. The thrill of the hunt is more precious than the rewards.

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

i [cabbage] you not... the other day this kid level 130 decides to take my world at suqahs..

im level 123. his argument for not hopping?

"im a higher level than you, you dont deserve to ask me to hop"

I can't really say anything like that with 90 strength, even though I am higher level than most. I use mainly defensive gear so I'm less likely to get kills.

I feel so embarrassed for people who act ownage for getting a kill then eventually I force them to hop.

I'd much rather make the other person hop than hop myself. :thumbup:

I hate people like this.

If I happen to log onto a world with someone (Or a group of people) already there, I'll world hop. It's a waste of time trying to fight over NPC's. You only end up annoying the other person(s) and cutting down the rate at which you gain experience.

Meh. It's fun. And when you wear Full Bandos and strength cape at level 130, people hop a lot faster. Overrall, I get more exp than i would trying to hop and find an empty world. I won't tell you to hop because I'm stronger, but you will more than likely. I will attack your monsters to make you hop. You're welcome to fight me over the spot, but I seldom lose.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I usually have the courtesy of hopping, unless-

A) There totally being a noob/ are a noob ie., Somebody rangin black drags with bone bolts

or

B) There's like only 1 person at a spot like taverly dungeon hellhounds

But yeah, usually im nice and ill hop :mrgreen:

Omg-1.jpg

Pk_i_n_y_o_u.png

I train slayer, allot and there are times when certain areas get way too crowded. If I am training, and then several people show up, the tasks take allot longer because you're waiting around for spawns, which is generally no good for anyone. I would expect the people who came last to hop and find a less crowded world, this shows courtesy to me and that they want their task over as soon as possible too.

If I run into an area that is crowded, I will almost always hop because of this. It's no fun standing around waiting for a monster to spawn, it would be like waiting to pick up a spawn item from the ground or something.

One problem for me is in Multi-Combat areas. I hate people who think it's fine to attack your monster just because they can. The world might not even be crowded, but they will purposely wait until you've attacked the monster, so then they can attack it afterwords and waste no food. This is just laziness, and I even had a 138 log in at Spiritual Mages (I had 400 Kill Count with nobody else being present for the whole time) tell me that it was "her patch" and that I should be the one to log. Not only this, but she would purposely wait until I attacked and prayed, so that she could freeload off me with range. Absolutely disgusting with absolutely no manners what so ever. If people pull that crap with me, I won't give in and I'll play them at their own game if it gets bad. The point is, I shouldn't have to, and there are plenty of monsters to go around if you look for them.

I believe that the person who was there first, should not have to be the one to move.

Another example is Chaos Tunnels, part of which being Dust Devils. Now there are two parts to this section, the one where you enter, and another to right past a rock. I do not understand why after training their on your own (with it empty) someone will show up, and kill in the same section as yourself. They should obviously go to the right side where there are just as many spawns, without the need to wait around. Like I said before, they came last, they should find their own spot.

Hell, I could go on about hunting Chinchompas, specifically Grey ones. People are too lazy to find where they spawn, so they look for the nearest person who is already set up. I can be literally on the edge of the world (my favorite spot) with all the other areas free, and they will still want to come over and set up beside me. This is not fast, and the majority of people who do this are kids and spout a load of nonsense that I don't want to listen to anyway. Oh, and the worst part is being called a noob because you won't reply to them. Sorry, but I am concentrating on leveling my skill, and telling you my hunter level every 5 minutes is something I don't wish to do.

tl;dr

If a spot is crowded, hop worlds. If other spots are free, go there. Don't constantly bug people with childish remarks because unlike you, they're there to level and not talk about meaningless crap. The majority of kids I run into on this game, have no courtesy.

I hate people like this.

If I happen to log onto a world with someone (Or a group of people) already there, I'll world hop. It's a waste of time trying to fight over NPC's. You only end up annoying the other person(s) and cutting down the rate at which you gain experience.

Meh. It's fun. And when you wear Full Bandos and strength cape at level 130, people hop a lot faster. Overrall, I get more exp than i would trying to hop and find an empty world. I won't tell you to hop because I'm stronger, but you will more than likely. I will attack your monsters to make you hop. You're welcome to fight me over the spot, but I seldom lose.

Grow up.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

I expected some insult like that. I don't need to "grow up", just staying there and making them hiop quickly is more efficient than hopping 5 times for another world. Besides, you all need someone from the opposing party in this thread.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I hate people like this.

Grow up.

wow...i just thought of something. Skillers and slayers asking people to world hop so that they don't take their space is a lot like pkers asking people to not use food, safe, teleport, etc.

The usual answer to this is that we are allowed to use whatever advantages to get a win and gaurentee our own safety because it is a game of freedom. That is what makes runescape great.

Yet people insist on instilling rules to imporve their chances of winning or getting more exp or in some general sence get ahead, even though we have these advanges such as good food, magic, and skill level.

So, in responce to your rebuttle entangle, you should learn to grow up and expect that the world of runescape is just that; a world where anything can happen and there are no rules.

I hate people like this.

Grow up.

wow...i just thought of something. Skillers and slayers asking people to world hop so that they don't take their space is a lot like pkers asking people to not use food, safe, teleport, etc.

The usual answer to this is that we are allowed to use whatever advantages to get a win and gaurentee our own safety because it is a game of freedom. That is what makes runescape great.

Yet people insist on instilling rules to imporve their chances of winning or getting more exp or in some general sence get ahead, even though we have these advanges such as good food, magic, and skill level.

So, in responce to your rebuttle entangle, you should learn to grow up and expect that the world of runescape is just that; a world where anything can happen and there are no rules.

Bad comparison and you certainly don't get to tell me to grow up over the small matter of knowing what to expect.

What you don't realize, is that I know all of this already. I knew this when deciding to come back to Runescape, and it's still the same old problem. I know Runescape has a ton of immature kids, who will play dirty just because they can get away with it. Runescape has rules for a reason, and even though this is not one of them, it falls under Common Courtesy, which is an unwritten rule, and what this thread is all about. If you don't care to be courteous, then you will turn out a very selfish, spiteful person.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a RobinHoodie back in the day that was a pker, and scammed like everyone? Disliked just as much as Charlie187 if I remember correctly.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

Bad comparison and you certainly don't get to tell me to grow up over the small matter of knowing what to expect.

What you don't realize, is that I know all of this already. I knew this when deciding to come back to Runescape, and it's still the same old problem. I know Runescape has a ton of immature kids, who will play dirty just because they can get away with it. Runescape has rules for a reason, and even though this is not one of them, it falls under Common Courtesy, which is an unwritten rule, and what this thread is all about. If you don't care to be courteous, then you will turn out a very selfish, spiteful person.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a RobinHoodie back in the day that was a pker, and scammed like everyone? Disliked just as much as Charlie187 if I remember correctly.

What i am trying to say is that runescape is not a game with rules, like some computer ai. It is a game with real people and real competition. If someone comes into, for example, the crafting guild with 7 rocks and i'm mining, i'll talk to him. If he starts mining my rocks, then i'll fight back, and i will do the same to him if i come in and he's mining. If he has a problem with it, i'll say we'll split the rocks. If he refuses, then we'll continue to fight. I see no reason to world hop to just play by my self when people can talk, share, or compete with eachother.

If someone like you is mining and i come in to mine, i won't world hop just because you're there. I have just as much reason to be there and no problems with sharing or competing. This isn't being selfish or spiteful, it's me playing the game and using my levels while having fun.

What you don't seem to realize is that this is one of the charms with mmos universally; the human aspect replacing what would be computer generated, linear characters. How about instead of grinding your way to 99s, have some fun and meet some people, and treat the game as something to do besides that? Take the person that just ran into your monster or mining spot and talk to them or compete with them. Show off your levels, and if they leave, you win.

And as an aside, i know you need to grow up when you take something completely out of the blue for your retort to someone's argument. Seriously, you have to think before you type, and saying that someone is a scammer, whether they are or not, just to make yourself look better, is probably one of the lowest things you can do.

However, as i said before, such is the internet.

Well krug said pretty much everything I was going to say. Runescape is an mmo. That means that there will be human interaction and therefore human conflict. It's a part of the game as much as it is a part of life.

And i believe that scammer was Robin Hood, ironically.

A_Punk.png

Formerly RobinHoodie.

If i'm sure I can make them hop, I will. Hell, i'll bring a cannon to kalphites for that reason alone. I'll even attack their monsters in a multi zone. Make them leave and it's a lot less work for me. :lol:

LOL, I bring a cannon with a few hundred cannonballs to Bandits so I don't have to hop worlds.

I know it's rude - I just find the whines oddly satisfying.

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

Personally, I will battle for my spot. I don't care if I'm getting less experience, it's FUN. Most of my Slayer tasks take place in multi, so if someone comes and tries to push me out, no matter what level they are, I'll fight back. I turn on piety and go full force, attacking their monsters and doing whatever I can to make sure that they know it is MY spot. I only draw the line if a 135+ with good gear comes along. Then I know I can't win, even with piety. For me, competition is the most fun you can have in Runescape. That's also why I love mining.

=D> Wow i am in total agreement. I also find that battling for the spot is very fun and sometimes wish you could have an option in-game to duel that person for the spot based on whatever skill your training and whoever loses is forced to leave.

T_K_A_M_B_.png

What you don't seem to realize is that this is one of the charms with mmos universally; the human aspect replacing what would be computer generated, linear characters. How about instead of grinding your way to 99s, have some fun and meet some people, and treat the game as something to do besides that? Take the person that just ran into your monster or mining spot and talk to them or compete with them. Show off your levels, and if they leave, you win.

I've played other MMO's, and none of them had the same amounts of childish behavior I run into on Runescape daily. Not only that, but I don't understand why people feel the need to purposely create conflict, just for their own enjoyment. I can be training, minding my own buisness when someone shows up and starts acting like a jock. What's the point in that? Calm down. I know for a fact, the same people would not go around purposely looking for a fight off the computer, then again, I wouldn't put it past the chav population.

The whole idea is to play the game, reach your goals, have fun and relax. I'll talk to nice people whilst training sure, but I really don't have much time for brainless people who think it's fun to spam old internet memes all night long. I don't mind helping low levels either, but there is only so far you can go before they start begging for items and what not. Walking around with an attitude like some e-thing won't get you very far, especially if your only goal is to play this game whilst annoying as many people as possible.

How many times did you ask someone nicely to hop? I'm guessing never, and you just use this as an excuse to act like a jerk without consequence.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

LOL, I bring a cannon with a few hundred cannonballs to Bandits so I don't have to hop worlds.

Even though I am F2P, we do encounter problems like that in places like craft guild for gold ores. Most of people I see tend to hop away the moment they see someone is there. But to be really honest, there only are so many worlds around for everybody, its hard to find a server thats completely void of people (except when people are sleeping)

For the most part, I usually there first and then people hop in to the world, and upon seeing someone there they left. However, I do have occasions where people just asked me nicely to "change" world. Though I am glad they are polite, but I usually stick around, I won't ask anyone to leave, I will just stay around and do my own things until I am finished. (I usually make that clear so they either move on, or stick around)

Unless they want to share the ores, and we both got equal number of rocks.

This happen at ice giants place near port sarim alot, but for the most time, people would just compete for giants anyways unless they are either out of food, or lose interest and hop worlds again.

PS: I thought this is regarding to turning your chat off while you are hopping worlds, its kind of annoying if you keep on popping in and out that spammed up their private friend chat display.

It's people like this that ruin fun MMO's.

xxteargodxx.png

How many times did you ask someone nicely to hop? I'm guessing never, and you just use this as an excuse to act like a jerk without consequence.

You assume incorrectly, sir. I always ask politely, then I get vicious. Quit being a pessimistic [puncture]. Every time you enter your username and password into the login screen, you understand and accept that you are playing an MMORPG, and as such there will be OTHER HUMAN BEINGS who have every right to do what they like in the game, assuming they follow the rules set by Jagex. There are plenty of single player console games out there, and you are more than welcomed to play them if you so detest human to human contact. You also assume that players such as Robin and I simply crash in on people's training spots and try and push them out.

Here, I'll try and explain it again:

If someone treads on my territory in game, I will push them out. They have every right to be there, and they have every right to try their best to make me hop worlds. Believe it or not, some people ENJOY competition! (LOLWUT AMIRITE.)

tl;dr Quit whining.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Even though I am F2P, we do encounter problems like that in places like craft guild for gold ores. Most of people I see tend to hop away the moment they see someone is there. But to be really honest, there only are so many worlds around for everybody, its hard to find a server thats completely void of people (except when people are sleeping)

For the most part, I usually there first and then people hop in to the world, and upon seeing someone there they left. However, I do have occasions where people just asked me nicely to "change" world. Though I am glad they are polite, but I usually stick around, I won't ask anyone to leave, I will just stay around and do my own things until I am finished. (I usually make that clear so they either move on, or stick around)

Unless they want to share the ores, and we both got equal number of rocks.

This happen at ice giants place near port sarim alot, but for the most time, people would just compete for giants anyways unless they are either out of food, or lose interest and hop worlds again.

PS: I thought this is regarding to turning your chat off while you are hopping worlds, its kind of annoying if you keep on popping in and out that spammed up their private friend chat display.

It's people like this that ruin fun MMO's.

How do they ruin MMO's? Competition is an integral part in any game, no matter what the circumstances. These people don't ruin it; they make it better.