What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Bought the Rise of the Necromancer pack for Diablo III. I have yet to play the Necromancer though, so I might do so this weekend...

Hmm...if Diablo 3 has a Necromancer now I might have to take a look. Diablo 2 made them my favourite type of magic user ( me at 'raises skeletons', because apparently I'm weird like that), and I was not happy about them not being included in D3. Just...don't think I have the time or money for it right now, which might be just as well. Still, I do need to investigate.

Got into Fallout 4 again, especially the settlement building. I'm a few hours into building a Vault, and while I have a deep desire to slap some of the developers and play testers, it's a lot of fun. My biggest gripes are that a couple of the item sets have really awful snapping (unlike every other part, these sets can't snap between two objects, so if you take something out of the middle you have to remove one side right to the end and rebuild), and there are some glaringly obvious pieces missing (mostly corners with a window for me). It's basically designed to build a cookie cutter vault, and it punishes you for trying to be creative. It's alright though; I'm winning :)

Bought the Rise of the Necromancer pack for Diablo III. I have yet to play the Necromancer though, so I might do so this weekend...

Hmm...if Diablo 3 has a Necromancer now I might have to take a look. Diablo 2 made them my favourite type of magic user ( me at 'raises skeletons', because apparently I'm weird like that), and I was not happy about them not being included in D3. Just...don't think I have the time or money for it right now, which might be just as well. Still, I do need to investigate.

Got into Fallout 4 again, especially the settlement building. I'm a few hours into building a Vault, and while I have a deep desire to slap some of the developers and play testers, it's a lot of fun. My biggest gripes are that a couple of the item sets have really awful snapping (unlike every other part, these sets can't snap between two objects, so if you take something out of the middle you have to remove one side right to the end and rebuild), and there are some glaringly obvious pieces missing (mostly corners with a window for me). It's basically designed to build a cookie cutter vault, and it punishes you for trying to be creative. It's alright though; I'm winning :)

The Necromancer was my first class in D2 and is still one of my favorites. However, the D3 Necromancer is quite different... I know players have been complaining that you can't really build a top tier summoner like you could in D2, and the developers seem to be happy with that... :/

Today I played a bit of League of Legends, getting back into ranked again. Losing though 2-2 as of right now for my placements which blow T.T.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Not gonna lie, but from everything i've seen the Necro in D3 looks pretty boring. I was excited for it but after seeing builds and more gameplay recently the excitement is gone. 

Getting back into The Division again. Been putting in a few hours here and there. Overall i still love the game, always will, despite the negativity it has received. Only problem i'm having is finding players that actually know what they're doing. Some of the late-game content is pretty difficult and really requires you to know what you're doing as well as team coordination. With the match making i keep getting matched with people who have no idea what they're doing and people who have really bad builds. Builds you would expect from someone who's put 50 hours into the game, which is fine, but they're queuing up for end-game content, probably hoping to get carried, and quite frankly it's just not possible.

I make a concerted effort to ignore the Diablo meta game. "Builds" don't interest me; not in any game. One of the things I enjoyed immensely about Diablo 3 is that I can actually go pretty far with my 'whatever pleases me' attitude towards skill selection, pretty much right up until the torment levels (and since I don't item farm, that's not an issue. I don't need to run through the game more times than that on a single character). That said, if the summoning from the Necromancer is weak, then I'm not interested. In my considered opinion, the Diablo 2 Necromancer was garbage in terms of end game. The minions were a waste of time (in that using them literally wasted your time. A Barbarian with a half decent weapon and whirlwind could do the same work as your entire minion army in a fraction of the time), and the direct damage magic spells simply didn't have enough damage to be any better than the damn skeletons. The Barbarian ended up being my class of choice for D2 sadly; I just never found the Necromancer to be fun even in Nightmare.

I still haven't had much of a look, but I don't think I have the money for the DLC, so it doesn't really matter. What I have done is grabbed ProMods for ETS 2 (huge map expansion) and it's like playing the game for the first time again. The polish certainly isn't up to the same standard as the developer, but it's not far off, and the actual map design rivals the DLC content. They've also taken the time to go back over a lot of the base game content it seems, and bring it up to that same standard which is amazing. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of polish if it means bringing the entire world up to DLC design standards any day.

I'm also doing it on a new profile, which is interesting. My first run into the expanded map took me through Finland and up the western edge of Russia, and there are jobs there that I simply cannot do in a base vehicle. I need a bigger engine, and I need a 6x4 chassis for more grip, and to switch over to my much older controller with a throttle slider (which I used to summit a snowy mountain sans trailer). I avoided the mod for a long time because I didn't think it would be good enough, and because of bugs. I think the current version was a good time to make the jump though. I was very wrong about the quality, and they're quashed a lot of bugs that were introduced by game changes in the current version, so it's making a strong first impression. And I now have a screenshot of my Canadian painted truck in a plausibly Canadian locale (it's actually Finland, but whatever. It's a snowy mountain and it looks right).

ArenaScape and Assassin's Creed Unity. I never did get past the first mission in Unity so it was about time for me to play catch-up lol...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Finally got MGS:V definitive edition, with ground zeroes and all dlcs. Haven't had a chance to try yet.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I make a concerted effort to ignore the Diablo meta game. "Builds" don't interest me; not in any game. One of the things I enjoyed immensely about Diablo 3 is that I can actually go pretty far with my 'whatever pleases me' attitude towards skill selection, pretty much right up until the torment levels (and since I don't item farm, that's not an issue. I don't need to run through the game more times than that on a single character). That said, if the summoning from the Necromancer is weak, then I'm not interested. In my considered opinion, the Diablo 2 Necromancer was garbage in terms of end game. The minions were a waste of time (in that using them literally wasted your time. A Barbarian with a half decent weapon and whirlwind could do the same work as your entire minion army in a fraction of the time), and the direct damage magic spells simply didn't have enough damage to be any better than the damn skeletons. The Barbarian ended up being my class of choice for D2 sadly; I just never found the Necromancer to be fun even in Nightmare.

I still haven't had much of a look, but I don't think I have the money for the DLC, so it doesn't really matter. What I have done is grabbed ProMods for ETS 2 (huge map expansion) and it's like playing the game for the first time again. The polish certainly isn't up to the same standard as the developer, but it's not far off, and the actual map design rivals the DLC content. They've also taken the time to go back over a lot of the base game content it seems, and bring it up to that same standard which is amazing. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of polish if it means bringing the entire world up to DLC design standards any day.

I'm also doing it on a new profile, which is interesting. My first run into the expanded map took me through Finland and up the western edge of Russia, and there are jobs there that I simply cannot do in a base vehicle. I need a bigger engine, and I need a 6x4 chassis for more grip, and to switch over to my much older controller with a throttle slider (which I used to summit a snowy mountain sans trailer). I avoided the mod for a long time because I didn't think it would be good enough, and because of bugs. I think the current version was a good time to make the jump though. I was very wrong about the quality, and they're quashed a lot of bugs that were introduced by game changes in the current version, so it's making a strong first impression. And I now have a screenshot of my Canadian painted truck in a plausibly Canadian locale (it's actually Finland, but whatever. It's a snowy mountain and it looks right).

I'm not always a fan of using whatever the meta suggests is best either. I like using whatever i find enjoyable, whether it's bad or not. Back in like season 5 or 6 of Diablo 3 i used builds that were truly underwhelming (Roland's Legacy). Crusader has always been my favorite class, and Shield Bash one of my favorite skills. But the set for the skill was bad, and wasn't really viable for pushing GRs. I still did it, and i had fun with it. But i realised that if i wanted to push GRs with other people, i'd have to use whatever was meta at the time. I think it's just polite, in an online scenario, to stick to the meta. At least in a game like Diablo 3 where there's a reason certain things are meta. The Division is slightly different though. In group events there's no real meta. Certain things are stronger than others, but you can get away with pretty much any sort of build as long as you have some idea of game mechanics. It's tough to explain. So if you're not really all that well informed, and your build is lacking, maybe trying to do what is considered the hardest content in the game, on the hardest difficulty, isn't something you should be trying to do. Do it on the easier difficulty, where you're not just going to frustrate other people.

That's fair, but the only people I ever play Diablo 3 with are my World of Tanks clan, and none of us are super into the game (so far as I can tell), so I don't feel too bad for not doing my research or getting my hands on the proper gear (I play with what I find myself, or what my clan mates give me while we play together). Our clan has many talented gamers, but little discipline, so it's a good fit for me.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is great. It sounds like a generic open-world adventure, but so far it really is different. The polish, the mechanics, it all adds up to something special. It is more than a sum of its parts and it really is comparable to Witcher 3 as the greatest game ever.

Also, a bit unexpected that it is so great.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I've been devouring Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age. Definitely the definitive way to experience this game, and I highly recommend it. With every passing moment, it solidifies its spot as one of my all-time favourite games (Top three for sure). I'm attempting a platinum trophy run, and that's gonna take me a long, long time, and surprisingly, that's a good thing for once. I essentially attempted this once long ago on PS2, and got probably 90% of the way through, with only some rare game and some marks left. Definitely will be my GOTY.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Played a bit of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer, OGame, RuneScape, League of Legends, and ArenaScape lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

League of Legends and OGame today so far. I hope to play some Assassin's Creed: Unity tonight when I have more time...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a PS4, get Horizon. Been playing it daily.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

One of the blokes I work with picked up a PS4 recently that came with it, wasn't his sort of game, so I picked it up for 30 bucks, which is a great price for as-new here in Australia. I've installed it, but I've still been smashing FF, I might look into it tomorrow when I have the day off.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The game starts out pretty generic for the first hour or so, however past that, once you get out the first area and to the robots, it is amazing. It all is connected together really well, better than anything since AC II (if you don't count the Witcher 3, which is also in its own league). The story, the combat mechanics, the graphics, separately they are just good, nothing too special, but it all put together creates an amazing atmosphere, which is even more amazing considering it is the first title of that kind from Guerrilla Games, which previously only made Killzone FPS-es.

Haven't lost sleep for a game for a really long time, however did lose for that.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Downloaded a 32gb update to Halo Wars 2... Apparently there's been a new campaign series of missions which I gotta play now lol. I'll try to get at that sometime this week if I have time :) .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I logged in to this forum solely to find some hint as to what my minecraft login was, because I still have that installed for some unknowable reason and their account recovery is garbage.

The reason for this renewed interest in that nightmare factory of a game is because I am an adult that has lost control of her life and what better way to celebrate than with lego

Also sonic mania is pretty neat. Unrelated, that

and now i will vanish into the aether once more

• 2 weeks later...

League of Legends... lots and lots of League of Legends lol...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to get Medieval Engineers. I've been watching it since it came out (I was already playing Space Engineers for a while at the time), but the game has really taken a long time to start maturing. I finally found a youtube series on the game I actually like (by RadioMan03 if anyone is interested). The building system is better, and I can approach design from a clear direction (ground up).

Anyway, it's actually started to develop into a pretty fun game, though my inner engineer desperately wants more tools for building contraptions (mostly proper gears and a pulley, and proper tracks for cart wheels).

New Nioh DLC dropped today. It's pretty good. Enjoying it so far. Has a new mode comparable to GRs in Diablo, so i'm gonna be hooked on it for a while. Injustice 2 also dropped a new update. Also pretty good from a single player perspective. And i've actually been playing some RS again lately. It's actually pretty fun. But i want to get a new PC before i really start playing again. My laptop is [bleep]ed and keeps overheating every 15 minutes.

Have the same issue with my laptop. Luckily got some contacts and am getting a brand new 14-inch Razer Blade for around 60% market price.

So far, playing CK2 as always. Worked my way from a single count to a king of Suomi, Lithuania and Rus and reformed the Suomenusko.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

My laptop is still really good. I mean, i used to play Skyrim on it at fairly high graphics, along with a ton of other games. There's just so much dust in the air here that the fan can't keep up anymore. I need to get it cleaned, but i've been so lazy. Hoping to start ordering parts for a new PC this weekend.

My laptop is extremely old and even in it's prime was pretty bad for games lol. I really think I'll be getting a new laptop come Black Friday, and hopefully it can play something other than ArenaScape and Diablo 2 when I actually go travel lol....

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg