What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

So I got Witcher 3 today, and I already have 4.5 hours up. I love when games hook me this quick, this well.

What are you first impressions thus far? 

It's brilliant. Story, as usual for Witcher games, is top notch. Combat is super fun and super satisfying. Sidequests are entertaining, even if the mission is finding an old lady's cooking pan. And it's just fun in general cruising around exploring. My only gripe so far is how quickly my swords break, but it gives a good excuse to head back to town to sell loot, I guess.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

ArenaScape! Currently have 9,066,079 Fame, aiming for that 10 million!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Monster Hunter Generations

I don't actually understand what I'm supposed to be doing here. Is it all just fetch quests and fighting big things? I can't say I dislike it but I probably just need to get past the whole earlygame uncertainty thing

I tried to get into Monster Hunter 3, and I just didn't get the monster hunter formula either. I threw myself at it for six hours, bought the DS attachment to make it easier to play, and nothing. Which is really weird, considering my favourite part of my favourite game (FFXII) are the monster hunts, and the thing I've been having the most fun with in Witcher 3, are again, the contracts.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Monster Hunter Generations

I don't actually understand what I'm supposed to be doing here. Is it all just fetch quests and fighting big things? I can't say I dislike it but I probably just need to get past the whole earlygame uncertainty thing

I tried to get into Monster Hunter 3, and I just didn't get the monster hunter formula either. I threw myself at it for six hours, bought the DS attachment to make it easier to play, and nothing. Which is really weird, considering my favourite part of my favourite game (FFXII) are the monster hunts, and the thing I've been having the most fun with in Witcher 3, are again, the contracts.

Likewise, it's pretty much the kind of game where I love almost every single individual element, but the whole just isn't clicking yet. The controls are awkward at best and that kind of ruins whatever flow combat has. Not sure if that's something I just need to get used to.

I started my second playthrough of Dark Souls 3 about 2 days ago. I'm hooked again. I really love this game. I feel like it's the best in the series by far. I love the weapon variety. I think after i finish this i might start a second Bloodborne playthrough. As much as i live Dark Souls, i think BB is still the superior game (albeit slightly easier imo). 

Destiny Rise of Iron is released in a few hours. Would really like to get the DLC, but i need to figure out a way to get it without having to buy a new digital copy of Destiny because my game and DLC regions will differ. I hate how PS4's games and DLCs are region-locked.

ArenaScape: trying to get 10 million fame on my Templar.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Im assuming you dont know about the Arenascape killer, Idle Adventures? 

I've never been someone that played single player type games...  so I was never really interested in that :S. For me personally, I enjoy games that are competitive and have a solid PvP aspect to them, even if they are a bit more on the casual side. One of the biggest reasons that I continue to play ArenaScape regularly is because I can compete vs other players around the world. I also like having the ability to attack and defeat other players in PvP combat, which can substantially accelerate my character growth and progress up the high scores.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

But you can do all that in IdleScape... along side a large amount of players...

Oh, I think I mistook the game for that new RuneScape: Idle Adventures. Pretty sure that was single player only XD.

I'm guessing you are talking about that kongregate game? I took a brief look at it, and I think I'll pass. At the moment I don't have enough time to be playing anything new regardless... nor the interest for another idle type game XD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I'm back on the Destiny grind. Been playing a bit this weekend. Checked out a video or two on the new Raid. Think i might pass on it for a while. Looks a bit harder than the previous Raids, and it's already hard enough to find competent teammates. I'm thinking that finding a decent team for the new Raid might actually take longer than the Raid itself... Also still playing some Bloodborne whenever i get bored with Destiny. I really don't understand how i ever disliked Bloodborne (apart from the terrible PvP, cause i still dislike that part of it).

I'm playing some Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction tonight before bed. I never got a character to Level 99 and I've been playing the game on and off for many, many years. I do have 6x Level 96 characters, but the amount of time it takes to get a single character to Level 99 is utterly insane in my opinion. It might be on par to that of getting 200m in a skill on RS... However, I really don't have anything else to do in D2 so I might just try it XD.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Diablo 3, figured it was time for me to do the season journey. Playing a Witch Doctor and she's interesting. I always played a Demon Hunter or Crusader, so playing a new class is a breath of fresh air for once.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If playing a game from 2014 is old-school, than I am ancient. My laptop can't even play such games, so I play games from 2004 :D

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc