What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

RuneScape - trying to get my Rank 1 Esteem in the RuneSpan!

Still on this... Need another 90k points to go!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I finally picked up Fallout 4 during the steam summer sale. I wasn't sure going in that the game was going to be worth the full price, though I have found it to be quite enjoyable, if in a different way to New Vegas (obviously, since they are very different games). Waiting has also given the modding community time to get to a point where I can be really happy with the game, since I have decided to forgo a vanilla experience. Frankly, there are things I've just gotten so used to anyway that I don't think I could play without certain mods anymore. Chiefly, I like to remove the sneak indicator and enemy indicators on the compass (in past games, I've actually just normally had the compass hidden entirely, but a full version of iHUD doesn't exist yet).

This pairs very well with my biggest complaint, which is that Bethesda turned Ghouls into zombies, which is a decision I truly, deeply, despise. That said, if that's the feeling we're going to go for, might as well take it all the way and make the game way more tense by removing all assists to my situational awareness, making exploring cities just so much more tense. A fan of that change I might not be, but the much higher level of stress when exploring a strange new world for the first time is certainly something I can appreciate and get behind.

For anyone interested, I'll include my mod list and load order, along with any other tweaks I remember making:

[hide]

Mods

[*]True Storms

[*]Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (UF4P)

[*]Configurable Power Armor Fusion Core Drain (using 50% as a concession to the fact that I can't use fast travel to move my power armor around in Survival mode)

[*]Combat Helmet Illumination

[*]Craftable Ammo

[*]Darker Nights (using level 4, which is I think the third darkest)

[*]Craftable Ramps and Rails

[*]Stackable Concrete Foundations

[*]Def_UI w/ Def Inventory Scrap tags option

[*]Enclave X02 Power Armor

[*]Give Me That Bottle

[*]Longer Headlamp Light Distance (using x3 w/ Shadows option)

[*]Sneak Rank 5 Subtle Effect (removes visual effect from perk)

[*]Survival Options w/ Give Me That Bottle Patch

Def_UI is configured to remove the sneak indicator, and all compass markers except cardinal directions, quest waypoints, and the custom waypoint. I can't see locations or enemies. Also did some rearranging of HUD elements to taste.

I also set the timescale to 12 (default 20). With darker nights, it's harder to play at night, so having a longer day helps me get more done before I need to return to camp, and also slows down things like enemy and loot respawns in real time, which are all things I like. Like I have with other games, I am aiming for a more immersive feel to the game, trying to remove elements that remind me I am playing a game.

[/hide]

Dirt Rally is so awesome that I haven't had time to play anything else...

Loving me Renault Alpina still, cause I ain't had much time at all.

But it is an excellent game. And I've always liked rallying. Pretty far in GT5, GT6, Dirt 2 was completed, Dirt 3 I lost my computer while playing, Grid 2 pretty much finished, so you can say I am a bit gearhead?

Codemasters are excellent in this thing. The masters. Also the damage. Nobody does damage like Codemasters. Nobody.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

OGame and RuneScape :P.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

League of Legends ARAM!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

RuneScape - gotta fix up that lighthouse lol!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I am honored to be the first to say RUNESCAPE? IN MY OT? on this thread

Following up from my last post: my Tales of Zestiria save was a casualty of hard drive issues right when I got to the last dungeon, and I'm now sort of at a loss for whether I want to/have time to go through it again. On one hand, I've genuinely enjoyed the game so it feels like I'm doing it a disservice if I leave it unfinished. On the other, even a relatively short JRPG is a pretty big investment...

• Like 2

Pokemon Go has inspired me to pick up Omega Ruby again, which has been a fun little nostalgia trip, though i'm disappointed in my past self for not taking the time to catch a Ralts or an Abra. Still fun tho~ just caught a Skarmory today which has been pretty dope

I remember when my mates and I played Pokemon on emulators. It was actually the first time I'd ever play Pokemon, but that's a tangent. I found out about the speed-up feature, and used it a fair bit. I checked the time played and while I'd played around about five real hours, the game told me I was up in the hundreds or thousands.

I've been playing Stardew Valley, and it's amazing. I finished Tearaway and it was amazing. And I finished The Wolf Among Us, and it was amazing. I've been pretty lucky in games recently and found some really good stuff.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've been playing The Division a lot. The game gets so much hate from people who really just don't understand how hard it is to balance a game like this. But i think it's really good, and really fun. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I tried to play the old pokemon games on emulators, but I just can't do it, not for PC. What I need is to have those games on my phone instead. That would feel more appropriate, and I think appeal more to the frame of mind I am in when using my phone for entertainment, vs my PC.

+ they should pretty much all be in the 3DS eShop aswell.

Haven't really had much time to play everything, so much going on right now.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

The games work fine on PC, I just fine them boring in that context. I guess when push comes to shove, I'm not that into those games anymore, so if I am at my PC, there is something else I would rather be doing. But, in the context of being bored and playing games on my phone, yeah, that works for me. I just don't have an emulator for it.

Also, I guess it feels wrong. They're mobile games, so they belong on a mobile platform. It's sort of like how I never read the news on my computer, always on my phone (or newspaper). That's where I am used to reading the news, so that's where I continue to read the news. I rather play Pokemon lying down on my bed, or at the doctors office, than sitting at my computer.

RuneScape and ArenaScape!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

RuneScape... I'm at 80k points out of 125k for rank 1 esteem in the RuneSpan :( .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

OGame! And RuneScape of course lol :X.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg