What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Going to try getting into Crusader Kings 2. For a long time, I figured as far as strategy goes this was probably a bit much for me, but I've decided to give it a shot, following the same basic path as a you tuber I follow so that I can use his play through as guidance to get me started and comfortable with the game. I am Randox, Pretty King of Wessex, and my goal is to found (and then expand), the empire of Britannia.

This is the playthrough I am following, at least at first (I don't think he finished it, and probably never will, but I've not gotten that far):

EDIT: The game is a bit insane, but very good. My Chancellor was plotting to kill me to steal all my titles (before I had a dynastic heir), so I replaced him with another guy with good stats who was plotting to kill him, and now I have dynastic heirs, so there is less incentive. Also, I no longer have a devious ambitious dude as chancellor, because that's almost as crazy as making that sort of person your spymaster. My firstborn is a son, followed by two daughters, who can now inherit if my son dies. My son is also Slow, so hoping (or ensuring) he dies is certainly on the table, though there are penalties to having a female ruler as well. A slow ruler will naturally be less capable, but females suffer opinion penalties, which could deprive me of the bishop taxes that are a constant fight to maintain as it is (it would be impossible to keep them all paying taxes if my court Bishop wasn't a friend, ensuring taxes from him, and solid work convincing the other Bishops to like me as well).

Anyway yeah, it's crazy, and a bit frustrating (I died 2 years in my first try), but once the world gets old enough, the game of politics will really heat up (right now it's more like the game of forging claims on things, and it's very slow progress).

I haven't been eager enough to try CK2 now that they included the freaking politics that deeply. I was happy when I didn't have to micromanage my council and simply could pick the one with the best stats.

Got Rocket League from Humble Monthly. It is as good as they say. [bleep]ing epic. And lots of players online at all times aswell, so finding a match is a minute max.

The game runs well even on my shitty computer and I've already seen quite a few of highlight reel worthy moments. It really is amazing.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I haven't been eager enough to try CK2 now that they included the freaking politics that deeply. I was happy when I didn't have to micromanage my council and simply could pick the one with the best stats.

Got Rocket League from Humble Monthly. It is as good as they say. [bleep]ing epic. And lots of players online at all times aswell, so finding a match is a minute max.

The game runs well even on my shitty computer and I've already seen quite a few of highlight reel worthy moments. It really is amazing.

I don't run the Conclave DLC for exactly that reason. Someday I might be interested, but the playthrough I am using to guide me predates Conclave, so I would be on my own, and as a new player, it seems a bit overwhelming.

Ultimately, I do think those features could be neat, and would certainly lead to a more authentic feeling experience, but yeah, I need all the help I can get right now, and that means as many competent councilors as I can get my hands on.

Heroes of the Storm

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Kinda just waiting for the next Division patch. So sad that a game with so much potential is so broken and kind of... lack luster. Just sticking to Destiny while i wait.

League of Legends

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

• 2 weeks later...

League of Legends, trying to get level 7 champion masteries...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Overwatch. Have to say I had no idea about what this game was about. Decided to get it on a whim and I have not been disappointed. Very fluid game play the game looks great and the game dosn't try too hard to sell its self. All and all very happy with it so far!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

RuneScape

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Homeworld Remastered.

Have to say it is pretty good.

And that music with that story... Brings tears...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Played some Witcher 3 earlier for the first time in... months. Can't even remember the last time i played, but it was probably well over 4 or 5 months ago. So much has changed, it's crazy. I'm gonna buy the last DLC soon and then do a full playthrough again. Really impressed by what they did to the UI. It looks amazing now. Really missed this game. I don't know, but this is the game that changed so much for me in terms of what i look for in games now.

League of Legends... so many Chinese players are now playing on the North American server...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

GOG had a summer sale, that wreaked havoc on my wallet, got Stalker series, Mount & Blade series and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

And now the Steam sale is upon us... Someone, please save me wallet!

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Didn't touch the GOG sale, but I've already bought Stardew Valley in the Steam one. This may be the last thing I buy, but we'll see. I might buy a game or two to gift to my brother and sister for chuckles.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

RuneScape!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Picked up IS Defence, which is a fun mindless shooter where you kill terrorists with a machine gun until they overrun you. Also picked up Age of Mythology remake and Bioshock Infinite. Contemplated getting the Total War pack but it was a bit too expensive to justify.

League of Legends, just to get my first win of the day bonus.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Stardew Valley was an excellent purchase. Up to 17.3 hours and I don't see me stopping any time soon. Definitely looking like it might be my GOTY, but we're only halfway, so that may not stand.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

RuneScape - trying to get my Rank 1 Esteem in the RuneSpan!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Got Dirt Rally.

Just had my laptop maintenanced and now I can play lots of games and it ain't overheating!

Seriously, thermal pastes and stuff were changed and fully cleaned. However, my mate said it is the worst cooling design for a laptop he has ever seen. Air intake is under the keyboard, pretty much. Meaning no airflow.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc