What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Got the Humble Monthly for Stick of Truth and This War of Mine. Additional games are just a bonus.

But damn it has had some high-profile games on it.

It's a shame only 5% goes to charity, but oh well...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

This has piqued my interest, though I wish the closed BETA were bit more selective. My ability to read and follow directions has proven useful for getting into closed Alpha and Beta tests in the past (why people want testers that can't read will never make sense to me, unless you don't have an NDA at all). Oh well, I'll keep an eye on it.

Finished the Stick of Truth. A proper long RPG.

Sadly I am not that much of a South Park fan, I missed like most the references probably.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Finally fixed my Skyrim installation. The key was thinking to look for a tool to extract the expected load order from my save files. Between that and a list of all the graphical mods I was using when I borked my setup, and I seem to have everything restored, plus a couple new additions. SkyRe has ultimately failed the address the issue of enemies that take forever to kill, so I installed a custom difficulty mod that allows me to combine high player damage and high computer damage into one fantastic glass cannon package. On the whole, it's made the game a bit easier, but frankly, I'm at a point in the game where generic enemies aren't much of a threat anyway unless they swarm me, and this change has made boss fights rather exciting, since I now encounter monsters that can take me out in a single unlucky hit.

I am also experiencing the Dragonborn DLC basically for the first time (I did a little bit of it before I started this playthrough), and it's quite fun. Glad I finally got to it at long last.

Also, I found an enemy Dragon that I just couldn't beat, even after throwing some of my perks at enchantment so that I could make some awesome Dragon slaying gear (your normal damage buffs and magic resistance). Try as I might, the way I have my game set up, it's a matter of time before an Ancient Dragon like the one I was fighting just swats me like a fly (that moment is about 2 seconds after it decides to land on the object I am using as life saving cover). So I was browsing through my abilities, taking stock of what options I had to make myself even more powerful, and I realized that I had an ally I had totally forgotten about, and kind of proving that beating Dawnguard first was the right call for me:

2924j6u.jpg

The Green Dragon on the Left is Durnehviir, and he fights on my side. While the Ancient Dragon is without doubt the superior combatant, Durnehviir was able to draw all the enemy fire (literally) long enough to get the Ancient Dragon under half health, grounding him, making it much easier for me to survive his attacks and quickly pump arrows into him. Combine that with most of Dragon Aspect and my Dragonskin racial power, which both help defend against magic, and I was able to win the fight in a couple tries.

Durnehviir is awesome!

Finally got started with Dishonored. And finally realized how much I need a new mouse, as the scroll wheel is completely [bleep]ed on my mouse and that game relies a lot on scroll button and I haven't found a way to change the controls.

And I am way too slow and meticulous of a player for that game.

That's my main caveat with pretty much all games actually. I tend to try to be too much in the shadows or whatever and afraid of direct confrontation.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Stealth games are a bit like that for me, too. I've been meaning to pick up Dishonoured, even the definitive edition is super cheap these days.

Oblivion: Started Oblivion for like the fifth time. This time is the time, however, because now I've played about seven hours more than I ever have in the other starts. Playing a stealth (Elder Scrolls stealth is super easy) archer build and it's great fun.

Life is Strange (Episode 2): More stress, but I love it. Playing an episode a week, and it's a hell of a journey. [hide=Spoilers]I saved Kate. I've been trying to do two things since the start of this game. 1. Bang Warren. 2. Save Kate, or at least help her. I knew something was up and any chance I got, I helped her.[/hide]

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Finally fixed my Skyrim installation. The key was thinking to look for a tool to extract the expected load order from my save files. Between that and a list of all the graphical mods I was using when I borked my setup, and I seem to have everything restored, plus a couple new additions. SkyRe has ultimately failed the address the issue of enemies that take forever to kill, so I installed a custom difficulty mod that allows me to combine high player damage and high computer damage into one fantastic glass cannon package. On the whole, it's made the game a bit easier, but frankly, I'm at a point in the game where generic enemies aren't much of a threat anyway unless they swarm me, and this change has made boss fights rather exciting, since I now encounter monsters that can take me out in a single unlucky hit.

I am also experiencing the Dragonborn DLC basically for the first time (I did a little bit of it before I started this playthrough), and it's quite fun. Glad I finally got to it at long last.

Also, I found an enemy Dragon that I just couldn't beat, even after throwing some of my perks at enchantment so that I could make some awesome Dragon slaying gear (your normal damage buffs and magic resistance). Try as I might, the way I have my game set up, it's a matter of time before an Ancient Dragon like the one I was fighting just swats me like a fly (that moment is about 2 seconds after it decides to land on the object I am using as life saving cover). So I was browsing through my abilities, taking stock of what options I had to make myself even more powerful, and I realized that I had an ally I had totally forgotten about, and kind of proving that beating Dawnguard first was the right call for me:

2924j6u.jpg

The Green Dragon on the Left is Durnehviir, and he fights on my side. While the Ancient Dragon is without doubt the superior combatant, Durnehviir was able to draw all the enemy fire (literally) long enough to get the Ancient Dragon under half health, grounding him, making it much easier for me to survive his attacks and quickly pump arrows into him. Combine that with most of Dragon Aspect and my Dragonskin racial power, which both help defend against magic, and I was able to win the fight in a couple tries.

Durnehviir is awesome!

I really wish they would make a sequel to Skyrim, or a remastered version for the current consoles. It's the first open-world RPG i ever played, and it's the game that "won me over" for that genre and basically turned my interest from FPS games to RPG games instead. 

I recently finished my first full playthrough of Bloodborne. I was kind of disappointed to be honest. It wasn't as difficult as i had hoped. Most of the bosses were a lot easier than i expected. If i didn't kill them first try, i killed them in 3 or 4 attempts maximum. Even the final boss only took me 3 or 4 attempts. I think it's because i got used to the parry system very early on in the game which ended up making so many bosses and areas pretty trivial as long as i had the ammunition to deal with it. I plan on doing a NG+ playthrough at some point though, i just want to get the DLCs for it first. 

Also been playing some Destiny and The Division. Actually a lot of Destiny. Really liking it, especially the PvE side of it. I'm working on a second character at the moment so i can get rewarded more than just once a week. Strangely enough, even though The Division is very similar to Destiny, i have found myself unable to put the same amount of hours into it as i can with Destiny. I can play it for an hour at most before i either get bored, or frustrated. With Destiny i can easily lose an entire evening without realising it. 

I'm kind of excited for Dark Souls 3 coming out soon. My only fear is that, from the limited game-play i've allowed myself to watch, i feel like it might go back to the typical Dark Souls 2 playstyle. The playstyle that everyone criticized. The "strafe around an enemy and backstab them" playstyle, which really makes the game too easy. The bosses i saw also looked a lot easier than i would have liked. I'm hoping they impliment a lot of the Bloodborne mechanics though. 

Far Cry Primal finally came out on Redbox so I'm renting it now.

Lately I've been feeling like games are becoming too easy (or I'm becoming too good, maybe a bit of both) so this time around I decided to bump up the difficulty from my usual normal mode and went with hard the first time around. I think it was a good decision. The game isn't terribly difficult on hard so normal probably would have been a boring cakewalk.

I also paid $20 for early access for Paragon. You have to sign an NDA to play so I can't say much about it but I'm having fun with it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

On the PC front, Oblivion's got a hold of me. This really is the time. I've sank a good fifteen hours in so far and it's great. Not as tough as I found Morrowind and not as easy as I found Skyrim. Some good middle ground. I'm currently working my way through the Dark Brotherhood questline, which is great. Seems like more variety than Skyrim's iteration. Only problem so far is the Oblivion gates, I feel compelled to clear them, but they're all so bland. 

And on the console front, I'm gonna try to get back into Ni No Kuni, a game I love, but dropped for some reason. I'm thinking it was the heat. I last played midway through Spring. It's definitely a game to snuggle up in a blanket and play in the cool. Comfy is the best word for it, I reckon.

Also my brother and I began Resistance 1 again. We first played when we got our first PS3 in like 2009. We got all the way through to the final stage and ended up dropping it. But this time, it's personal. As long as I feel like playing it when my brother's up at mine.

#rpgformod

ArenaScape, been playing that since probably... 2002? I still log in weekly :P .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new Humble Bundle.

And the Humble Monthly.

I was really excited for the Mad Max.

And it doesn't work on me shitty laptop.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I paid the full amount to get the Homeworld aswell ;)

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

League of Legends :D. Gotta get to Diamond rank again T.T.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I've kinda gotten back into Smite lately. I stopped playing it right after SWC last year, for some reason. Guess i got just got a bit burnt out, but i started playing it again earlier this week and it's been fun. Kinda just waiting for the Destiny update that's due next week, along with DS3. Kinda excited for that. Also been playing some Division on and off here and there. It's such a fun game when i manage to get myself into it.

RuneScape

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Dark Souls 3 today. In my opinion the game itself is great, if you look at it separately from the previous titles. I feel like map and level design was great. Weapon and Gear selection is great. The upgrade system is so much better now. Bosses were very good. There's very little negative about the game, but there is one thing that kind of annoyed me. The fact that they're recycling so many of the old NPCs is kind of getting old. I get that they're trying to bring back fan-favorite characters, but it feels kind of lazy. 

As for the game though, like i said, it was amazing. This is the first time i played a Dark Souls game 100% blind and all the weeks of avoiding spoilers and trailers really paid off. Was well worth it. I did my first run without any shields except for when i used it against one of the earlier bosses. It made the game pretty hard, but i feel like using a shield always makes it just too easy. Might use it on my NG+ Playthrough though just to see if i can keep myself to as few deaths as possible.

Picked up the new Ratchet and Clank reboot. If the characters would shut up for a second, it'd be brilliant. 'I bet this is the way out!' Says Ratchet, after I backtracked through a dungeon for the third time looking for secrets. Really? Nah, Ratchet, I doubt it. Don't even get me started on the Gadgetron dude and his insistence that I buy a Proton Drum.

Despite that opening with whinging, I've played about three hours today. I actually do love it.

#rpgformod

I happened upon a solution to Far Cry 3 crashing every time I tried to load it (corrupt settings file), so I've gotten back into that a bit. For fun, I took a look on good to see what kind of weapon load outs people go for, and apparently I'm an outlier. The core of my problem is that I very much want to play stealthy, but I will inevitably fail most of the time and end up in a huge firefight, so I need a weapons loadout that can handle basically everything. I'm also weird, and that complicates things further.

First Island/Second Island:

-FS16 (AR)(silenced, red dot)/Bushmaster (Signature AR)

-U100 (LMG)(extended mag)/U100

-M-700 (Sniper)(Silenced, Advanced Scope)/Z93(silenced, extended mag, advanced scope)

-GL-94 (Grenade Launcher)/GL-94

I think if I play through again, I'll suck up paying for more ammo and replace the FS16 with a silenced MP5 SMG. The FS16 does great as a silent weapon, but it's pretty lackluster as an Assault Rifle because of the recoil if you fire rapidly while aiming. It's part of the reason I decided on the U 100 as my LMG of choice. The U 100 has all the performance of a top notch AR, with almost no recoil, good accuracy, and the fastest LMG reload speed, coupled with an LMG's ability to engage and defeat large groups of enemies without needing to reload. I also like it's lower rate of fire. It hits so hard and accurately that I don't find it a liability, and it makes the ammunition go further (it only fires at about 4-5 rounds/second).

The Grenade launcher is something I don't like to do without. On the first island, it's a great heavy slayer. On the second island, things can hit the fan in a much more spectacular fashion, and the grenade launcher is there to reduce problems to a more manageable scale via liberal application of explosions.

Got me PS3 controller working on me PC.

Finally.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Diablo 3 got another big update 2 days ago. Played a few hours, but i think i'll wait a few weeks before i continue again. I want to wait for until a few decent builds have been theorycrafted before i bother playing again. Last season i ended with GR85. This season i'm hoping to push 90 or maybe even 95 if i can. Will probably do it with my Wizard or WD. Until then i'll probably continue playing The Division and Destiny. Been playing The Division a lot lately. Really getting into it now. My gear's improved a lot and i finally feel like i'm getting somewhere. Something about The Division still kind of bothers me though. The game has so much potential, but i feel like the content we've got at the moment is really holding the game back, or just not doing it any justice. I'm hoping future updates will fix this though.

Found a new game. Browser based, called Town of Salem. It's basically a massively expanded on version of the game mafia that you might have played in school or at a camp, except now there are 30 roles, dived up between town, mafia, and neutral (neutrals can be allied with town, mafia, or no one). Watch a few rounds on youtube if you aren't sure, but if you ever played mafia as a kid, this game is just so good.

Diablo 3 got another big update 2 days ago. Played a few hours, but i think i'll wait a few weeks before i continue again. I want to wait for until a few decent builds have been theorycrafted before i bother playing again. Last season i ended with GR85. This season i'm hoping to push 90 or maybe even 95 if i can. Will probably do it with my Wizard or WD. Until then i'll probably continue playing The Division and Destiny. Been playing The Division a lot lately. Really getting into it now. My gear's improved a lot and i finally feel like i'm getting somewhere. Something about The Division still kind of bothers me though. The game has so much potential, but i feel like the content we've got at the moment is really holding the game back, or just not doing it any justice. I'm hoping future updates will fix this though.

I've been playing some Diablo 3 too! The new patch has added in a lot of collectable transmogs, but in terms of gameplay, I don't feel like a lot changed...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg