What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Regrowth looks pretty interesting, might need to try that one actually. Will be doubly interesting since I have decided to base my current infrastructure on Ender IO this time. Regrowth doesn't have that, and shaking things up is nice.

Not sure what you mean by the progression being locked by IC2 though. Did they tweak the mods so that IC2 is actually the primary means of progression then? Not sure what that would look like.

Anyway, for now at least I am trying to branch out into mods like Ender IO, and soon Botania and maybe Bloodcraft that I have never played before. I'm up in the air about some of the mods I have used in the past, either because I think they could unbalance the experience, or because I simply want to try new things before I go back to things I know how to do in mods like Thermal Expansion.

I also need to stop using the morph mod, but at least in the Nether, I am finding it necessary. The portal I built in what is now my permanent base sends to a cave in the roof, and I am finding the Nether to be more vertical than I remember. Turning into a bat has allowed me to gather some lava and find a Nether Fortress 500m away (that took a solid 30 minutes of flying. Seriously, I remember the nether being more open than this). In lieu of a jetpack, I am thinking about a return to my roots and building a transportation network. The Nether Network was probably my best technical creation in my first ever world.

I also need to look and see if I still have my original world, and if so, if I can again find a utility to cut part of that world into a new one. The versions might be too far removed, but I would love for Castle Island to make a return:

[hide]

zoc09c.jpg

[/hide]

It's not complete, and the style isn't great, but that project has spanned a few worlds now, and even if it wasn't my main base, I think I would be happier knowing that it still existed. Not sure I have pictures for it, but the last time I saw Castle Island, I was setting up a Red Power Computer in the tower and control shields for the entire island. That project was a huge undertaking. I am a bit sad that computer mod is gone now, replaced entirely by computercraft, simply because the aesthetic of the red stone computers was just so good, and because programming in FORTH was just so much fun. I'll never forget embedding all the hardware under one of my floors in a crawlspace and running all the wiring around to the different machines. I do need to take a look at Computer Craft and figure that one out, but it just wont be the same.

EDIT: I actually do have pictures from the islands time in my technic world. The most fun I have ever had in Minecraft:

[hide]

34zyot0.jpg

[/hide]

Basically expert mode changes the recipes of most machines to require previous machines in order to make. So it takes a typical kitchen sink pack and makes it into one of the most challenging progression packs without a quest book.

So you run into some unexpected challenges such as the monsterous task of doing something as simple as making your first bucket which requires iron plates instead of bars.

Oh okay. I never looked into expert mode. Not going to lie either, that sounds kind of terrible :D

It's a neat idea, but I've been away from the game for 3 years and even the mods I know and love have changed. There is a lot for me to explore before I feel any need to increase the challenge like that.

Just downloaded Modern Combat 5. Kill streaks are hella fun. There is really good customization of a large cache of weapons. Pretty much plays like Advanced Warfare with no jumping. There isnt a lot to hate about this game, which is why I keep playing. That and MC5 is very fun to play and its free.

ArenaScape!!

You play ArenaScape? What's your characters?

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Playing ArenaScape right now... Trying to hit 10,000,000 Fame on my Templar.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Got Dragon Age: Inquisition. It even runs on my laptop.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

OGame... had to fleet-save and send out my daily transports.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Well, I'll be getting Witcher 3 aswell when I finally finish my desktop. However, that might still take months...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

After getting my 4th god Diamond on Smite i think it's time to take a break. My last few games have been pretty bad. Think i'm tilted a bit. I get excited to play Smite, but a few minutes into my first game i find myself getting annoyed at teammates who are complete potatoes. So i've been playing The Witcher 3 for the past day or so. I haven't really done anything "productive" yet. Just been exploring mostly. 

RuneScape... uncharted isles.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

After having played around 7 hours of DA:I, I can vouch that it has a lot of fetch quests that feel like padding. But the world is large. I am still in the "Beginner area".

Somehow I think the Witcher 3 is still better. I wonder why.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Fun fact: Runescape NXT client on lowest possible settings makes my computer as hot as Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Talk about shitty optimization.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

RuneScape... mining Seren Stones!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

League of Legends, lost more than I won today -.-.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Happens to me almost every day in Smite, regardless of my individual performance. Feels like i always get the teammates who don't know what they're doing. 

Battlefield 1

I sure hope the final product is better than this beta

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Happens to me almost every day in Smite, regardless of my individual performance. Feels like i always get the teammates who don't know what they're doing. 

The sad truth about team based games where you are pitted with random teammates whom you may never play with again. There is no team building and really takes out the point of being on a "team' in my opinion.

I do like League of Legends when I play with people I know, trust, got my back, and vice versa. That is when League of Legends becomes real fun.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Battlefield 1

I sure hope the final product is better than this beta

I'm not impressed by what i've seen so far. Doubt i'll end up getting it. Sadly i think the game has been very over-hyped by all the Call of Duty "fanboys" thinking they'll prove some sort of point to Activision after the initial release of the Infinite Warfare trailer. I am sure BF1 is going to have insane sales numbers, but the player base is going to decline sharply within the first few weeks.