What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Halo Wars 2 and RuneScape!

I have to say though, maybe my expectations were too high (because I played a ton of Halo Wars 1 - 1200 multiplayer games + winning the campaign under Legendary + getting all achievements) but I'm kind of disappointed so far with HW2. I've only played the campaign two missions coop with a friend under Legendary, but it was extremely easy. The graphics are worse than Halo Wars 1 in my opinion, though the cinematic parts are amazing. The controls in Halo Wars 1 felt perfect for the game, but it feels like the controls are harder to use in HW2 and it's kind of annoying actually. Of course, I may need more play-time in the game so I can adjust possibly, and I hope the multiplayer has more going for it than what I've seen and read for reviews regarding the campaign...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Played Halo Wars 2 a bit more yesterday... and we actually LOST in one of the missions. The second time through we won it after using better unit control and knowing ahead of time what would be coming up in the waves that are attacking our LZ. Still not sure what to make of the game as of yet, as I'm still mixed. We figured out to select all units too, which I think it's silly that they changed the controls for, but it's whatever. After more playtime I'll get used to the controls hopefully and we can start playing 2v2's and 3v3's perhaps :). But till then, it's more campaign today!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Fired up Spintires for the first time in a while. Apparently there were some major issues while I wasn't playing, but they've been cleared up since, so that's nice for me. It's not a game I could play for many days in a row, but I do always come back to it, and I think I will continue to do so for a while. There is just nothing else like it.

The only think I want is a map with an emphasis on mountainous terrain crossing rather than mostly being oriented around mud. I get that mud is the bread and butter of the game, but I remember one of the earlier demos (which I think had only the jeep) had an object that needed to be picked up on the top of a hill, and it was a serious challenge to get to it without simply rolling over or sliding down the hill. The suspension and physics modeling in Spintires seems to be up to that task, since they had to do it to properly model traction anyway.

Still can't do the flood map. I don't really like a lot of water because you can't see. Not being able to see is fair, but trial and error isn't fun on a map like that, especially in my preferred hard mode, because a mistake can cost you a vehicle outright. I should grab the editor, I can probably use that to see where the routes are. Maybe make a map someday too.

Cyber Nations - having to stay up till 1:30am each night so I can effectively fight in my alliance's war. As the #1 nation in my alliance by a large margin, I am trying to lead by example and give the other 60 nations in my alliance a morale boost. A lot of players tend to quit when their nations get attacked by other players, which is a real shame. PvP is a pretty vital part of Cyber Nations, and unlike what some people may think, it's not game over if your nation takes damage... I've taken a ton of damage since I've started back in 2006, and I'm still growing and fighting lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

I bought into the hype and bought Zelda for my Wii-U. Should be here Monday. I've never played any Zelda games, so we'll see how this plays out.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

RuneScape and ArenaScape today so far.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Got Zelda a little later than planned, about an hour and a half in so far, and it's excellent. For someone coming in blind, it's a great game. Shame I've got to work and then I'm out of town for the weekend. Something to look forward to, though.

#rpgformod

Played some Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer yesterday and got to Level 28. I am always amazed to find people still playing such an old game on the Xbox 360, and I hope that continues so I can unlock all the achievements for it lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Played the Dark Souls 3 DLC yesterday. Took me a couple of hours to get through it. It's really good. Much better than the first one, in my opinion. However, there's an optional boss that i don't really agree with. Probably one of the hardest boss fights in the Souls/Bloodborne series. And the worst part is that the difficulty feels very artificial. Attacks that either kill you in one hit, or take off 60% of your HP. Attacks that are hard/impossible to dodge. Basically, you can get the boss down to within a few hits of death, then die to some random bullshit RNG attack that's impossible to dodge. Not my idea of good design. 

Picked up Jagged Alliance: Back in Action.

My favourite LP'er did some videos on this a while back along with some similar but turn based games. It looked like a lot of fun, and I much prefer pausable realtime combat to turn based combat*, so this seemed like a good fit. Also, most of the negative reviews seem to be from people who played other JA games, which I have not. Not very far in, I've yet to hit the difficulty cliff(s), but I know what I'm in for and I'm not bothered. The LP'er didn't finish the game though (his mercs got wiped out a few hours in), so it will be interesting once I don't have his gameplan to follow (the same thing for Crusader Kings 2. I used his start as my own so that I could use his videos as training wheels, but I've progressed further than his series in that game as well. I just have to hope he got far enough to teach me what I needed to learn).

*note: When I was like 12 I was at a friends house and I saw his older brother playing a turn based civil war game. I had never seen a game without realtime combat before, and it just struck me as so stupid that people would stand there and let the opponent shoot at them. I've never really gotten past that first impression, and while I now appreciate the different tactics and style of play afforded by turn based comabt, there is still that part of me going 'don't just stand there [wagon] - shoot back!'.

EDIT: A little further into the game now, and it is quite fantastic. Good varrity in layouts and combat too, so I get a good mix of setting up assaults, methodical building clearing, and even some chances for a good old fashioned firing line (when defending locations. So satisfying).

Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 today.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

RuneScape and OGame so far today.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Finished the new DLC for Dark Souls 3. It was really fun. One of the bosses seems a bit BS though. Very poor design in my opinion. High HP, attacks that basically take 80% of your HP, attacks that can literally 1-hit you, attacks that are almost impossible to dodge. But it was really fun. Better than the first DLC imo. Still making my way through Nioh as well. Really fun game. Really enjoying the fast paced gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...

League of Legends and ArenaScape!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Because it's 2017 and no game has local multiplayer any more, I bought two new PS2 controllers so I could play old PS2 games with my mates and my brother. So I decided to delve into my PS2 backlog while I had it set up, first on the chopping block, Burnout Revenge. I dismissed it when we first got it because it wasn't exactly the same as Burnout 3, so I didn't really like it for whatever dumb child reason. Now I've come back to it and it's awesome, because it's still pretty damn similar. And who doesn't love a good Burnout game.

#rpgformod

OGame and RuneScape!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

RuneScape DXW! Diablo II afk training in baal runs lol.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Recently bought The Surge and Injustice 2.

The Surge was fun. Very much like Dark Souls/Bloodborne in many aspects. Probably more comparable to a more polished version of Lords of the Fallen (seeing as it was made by the same people). Really didn't have too many issues/complaints with it game-play wise. Seemed pretty smooth. Character progression was interesting and different. Decent variety of weapons, not that i'm too fussed by something like that anyway. I generally like to stick to one or two weapons throughout a play through. My only real complaint is the length of the game, and the number of bosses. Took me about a third of the time i would generally spend on a Dark Souls/Bloodborne play through. For a game that costs the exact same, i kind of expected something similar. Regardless of that, the game was still extremely fun and i'm already more than halfway through my second play through. Seems like the kind of game i can easily play 3 or 4 times. 

Injustice 2 is my first "fighting game" since like Tekken 2. It's the first time i've ever played a game like this online too. It's really fun. Huge learning curve. Probably spend 10 hours playing single player modes before i played my first online game. Wanted to get a good grasp of the game first, find one or two characters i felt comfortable with, learn their moves, combos, etc. Feels like i picked it up pretty fast. Currently sitting at a 100/106 W/L online, which i'm pretty happy with. Slowly getting better. Slowly learning how to counter certain playstyles. Overall i like the game a lot more than i thought i would. i sort of took a gamble on it because i thought other players would completely dominate me online, meaning i'd get fed up of losing after the first 20-ish games then never play it again. Luckily that's not what happened. Additionally i really like the gear-farming aspect of the game. It's fun. You can customize your characters to look like complete bad-asses. 

Playing ArenaScape right now. Grinded out the last few Coop games for my 600+ win goal in League of Legends. I'm officially burnt out in LoL and I'll be taking a break for the new few days at the very least.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Rise of the Necromancer pack for Diablo III. I have yet to play the Necromancer though, so I might do so this weekend...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg