What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Haha. It's not as good, but I still enjoyed myself immensely. I fell in love with all the characters and their stories. Just remember that Josie is best girl, and any other romance option is not worth it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

OGame, just making my daily raids on inactives for additional resources.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Best free online FPS? Crossfire.

How is the population doing? I was in the test for that (assume it's open now), and it was really fun, but they had this system where if you lost a match then all your items lost a durability, and to make a long and boring story short, it became a barrier to playing the game at all. You had to page hop to work out what items you needed to farm to replace your gear and make new stuff, and you could get stuck using low quality parts while trying to farm out the rest of the stuff you needed. It was work, and it drove people away.

I know they changed the model since, but the last time I hopped on, it looked like the damage was already done. Looked like everyone had already left before they abandoned the durability system. The worst part is, it was actually a really neat idea in the details. It was an honest stab at creating a functional economy that could be enjoyed by paying and non paying customers in a way that would resist power creep. It was also nearly universally despised, because people don't like their stuff breaking; especially not people who paid real money for it in the first place.

Anyway, if the population is starting to recover, I might give the game another shot. Roboblocks or whatever it's called was my thing for a while, but that game seems to have fallen face first into a pile of cocaine and I don't understand it anymore. Tis' a shame, was one of few fremium games with good prices that I was actually happy to pay from time to time. But the game kept changing too much, too often, and I couldn't keep up. Now when I get tired of World of Tanks, I play World of Warships.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Tales of Berseria because apparently I will never stop being an edgy weeb teenager.

It's like they finally got the hang of doing extremely fluid animation after two decades worth of stiffness, outside of battles (usually); within the first hour there's been a cutscene battle with more intensity than other installments' final battles. And for all the edge (did I mention the edge? Good lord this game is edgy, they literally just adapted Berserk without the gore and rape) it really isn't taking itself too seriously; there are a lot of moments of lightheartedness and humor and even the sort of sentimentality that I've felt has been missing in a lot of darker works lately.

It's just been so much better than its predecessor within the first couple of hours that I have to wonder whether Tales of Zestiria was filler; it had a large scope and lofty goals but it seems so small and impersonal by comparison

ArenaScape, as I try to play every 3 days so I don't waste any Fights... I also played a little Dungeon Assault this morning :) .

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I'm thinking about getting Nioh when i get back from exams in about 2 weeks. Looks really good from the minimal gameplay i allowed myself to watch. Has anyone else played it yet?

Flodder, how's that Minecraft full NYC coming along?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Jumped back into Crusader Kings 2, managed to remember what I was doing when I left off. Mostly.

I am now on my third ruler, and they are a Demon Child, which has made things...interesting. My ruler died shortly before the Demon Child came of age. Mercifully, I had a loyal regent who didn't trash my crown authority during the transition, but my current ruler has been widely despised since they became (Petty) King, and if not for the good work of my Chancellor, there would have been civil war (A Petty King is what the English call an independent Duke. My primary title becomes a Petty Kingdom instead of a Duchy, but is the same rank. To be a 'King' I need to hold a Kingdom level title).

Also, when I was playing before, I apparently arranged an absolute coup of a marriage. I control southern (nearly) half of England. Above me are the pretty Kingdoms of Mercia and Northumbria. My current (3rd) ruler married the sister of the Queen of Northumbria, arranged by his father.

Since my current ruler is largely despised (the whole demon thing has given him a bunch of generally undesirable traits. I also hold a lot of ducal titles, and every single one of my vassals wants at least one of them), I can't get any meaningful troops from my vassals (which defeats the whole point of feudalism, but whatever), but my ruler was able to increase his demesne by revoking titles for two very strong counties that were in possession of people who wanted to overthrow me during the regency, which I though provided me with enough personal levies to press my wife's claim on Northumbria in war.

In retrospect, I don't think I would have won, at least not without mercenaries. My army wasn't powerful enough by a sufficient margin and was taking losses from the start that likely would have been unsustainable. However, as luck would have it, the Demon Child gets an even in their first war which summons 3 'witches' who can serve in council posistions, really like me, and have excellent skills. They also gave me a 1,500 strong army which bolstered me back up to over 4,000 troops. Even after Mercia, West Francia, and some other minor power joined Northumbria against me, I was able to win.

However, I don't get the Northumbrian title for myself, since I pressed it on behalf of my wife. However, since we are married and like each other, it was nothing to form an alliance. That means that whatever happens, I will not have to fight Northumbria, and should be able to have them fight alongside me (and I along side them, since it goes both ways). My son is heir to my Petty Kingdom of Wessex, and now also heir to the Petty Kingdom of Northumbria, which together form most of the Kingdom of England, which will make it easy to found. I'd like to do it earlier, but my current ruler doesn't have the needed piety (keeps losing it torturing prisoners), and I would still need to bring a few more counties under my direct control. My threat level would now seem to be high enough that trying to do that through more war could be dangerous (everyone will unite against me).

Also, because these are Petty Kingdoms, the naming of titles has gotten a bit funny.

I am King Alfred of Wessex, Petty King of Wessex, Duke of Essex, Hwice, and Kent, King of Northumbria.

It's just the way the titles are handled by the game, where it drops the 'Petty' from the title listings for the spouse.

Hordes are OP. I currently personally hold a raised horde of over 80k horse archers and lancers. I own pretty much most of the world and according to ledger my army is 8 times as large as the next one in the world.

However, succession is gonna be harsh... Everyone can choose independence instead of my successor's rule...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

It's just been so much better than its predecessor within the first couple of hours that I have to wonder whether Tales of Zestiria was filler; it had a large scope and lofty goals but it seems so small and impersonal by comparison

I'm maybe 10 hours into this now and it's probably going to dethrone Tales of the Abyss as my favorite installment from this franchise. They've really nailed the sense of intimacy between members of the main party; most of them are, simply put, awful people who would be the villains in any other story, but there's a huge focus on seeing them at least try to put their lives back together and find whatever sense of normalcy they can when everything else has failed them. It works as a perfect counterpoint to Tales of Zestiria's grandiose heroism: fundamentally broken people doing their best to reach their disparate goals in spite of it all, as opposed to paragons of righteousness rising above their own limits for the good of the world.

Depressing, to be sure, but the theme is something I deeply appreciate for a lot of reasons.

Hordes are OP. I currently personally hold a raised horde of over 80k horse archers and lancers. I own pretty much most of the world and according to ledger my army is 8 times as large as the next one in the world.

However, succession is gonna be harsh... Everyone can choose independence instead of my successor's rule...

I've not gotten far enough into the game to see stuff like that yet. At like year 830 in my first game :D

I did become King of England, and made my wife a vassal. However, all those counties have retained Gavalkind Succession, which I am displeased with. It seems the only way to fix that would be to destroy all the ducal titles and reform them, which should allow them to inherit the Primogeniture I want to be using. I expect that if my King continues to not be assassinated, then towards the end of his expected life I am going to go on a bit of a tyranny rampage and clean up some of the titles and lines of succession. I didn't plan things out nicely for giving out my ducal titles, so things are a bit of a mess. I am currently retaining the Duchies of Essex and Wessex for myself, and I want to divest myself of my county holdings in other duchies and trade them for the counties in Essex I am missing. I figure I'm going to pretty unpopular no matter what anyway (at any given time I usually have ~5 of the deadly sins, which in addition to not having clean distribution of titles means a lot of people still hate me), so might as well go for it. Northumbria is an issue though. I don't think I can easily grab that title for myself so I can destroy and remake it.

I suppose it's not a huge deal though since my personal holdings are all in the south with clear lines of succession, so my personal levies aren't at risk, and as king, I get my vassal levies regardless of what going on in the North. As long as they don't kill each other (though I think they're trying. My wife has been revoking titles like mad since I brought Northumbria into the fold).

Mercia is still holding on. I had to take a break since I was gaining too much threat. I think I've also managed to set myself up for a future claim on the Kingdom of Pictland. I also need to check because I think I actually have an automatic Casus Belie on Mercia that I've totally forgotten about (since they are a de jure part of my Kingdom).

Oh, and I've gone heretical twice, but I have the prestige to instantly convert back so it's just been a huge boon to my piety. I wish I would get the Cathar Heresy. I might actually keep that one for the Absolute Cognatic succession law. It has been a frustrating pattern that my first born is always female, and is often the best heir I ever produce. Besides, it makes the lines of succession infinitely more interesting. If it comes soon, I should be strong enough to survive sticking with it too. France just exploded into another succession war, and I like my chances if Pictland or Ireland comes for me. This would be the ruler too, since I'm not really worried about opinion at this point. Demon Children would not seem to be easily killed.

RuneScape, ArenaScape, OGame, and League of Legends today lol.

And yes, ArenaScape is still around... though not a ton of people play, there's maybe 10-20 that log in every now and then.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Flodder, how's that Minecraft full NYC coming along?

The 1:1 WTC project was finished years ago, never really intended to make a full NYC, that'd be madness! or do you mena that dutch city i was working on with a bunch of friends? cuz that died down too haha

RuneScape, ArenaScape, OGame, and League of Legends today lol.

And yes, ArenaScape is still around... though not a ton of people play, there's maybe 10-20 that log in every now and then.

Oh dang, i dont know if i even got an account, i did check the Kingdom of Loathing a few weeks ago, its still around!

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Lots and lots of RuneScape over the weekend lol. I've also been AFK training in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction... Getting my Fire Trapper to Level 98 is going to take forever -.-...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

Gwent and Dirt Rally.

That stand-alone Gwent is quite good actually. Can't wait for the addition of campaign and other stuff.

For Skellige!

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

New Humble Bundle and the Humble Monthly...

My wallet, and at the end of the month, my stomach will hurt....

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc