What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Speaking of really old games, I want to play Counter Strike even though my CD ROM will not work with my PC. :( Not sure where I can download it for free however. I do have the key for it.

Think you can play it on Steam. You might have to add your key to your Steam account, but I'm not 100% certain.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Someone stop me, I'm actually getting really into the Crucible in Destiny. I'm not a competitive player by nature and somehow I'm actually doing reasonably well.

I don't know how to cope with this.

Also I bought the Uncharted Collection so that might be interesting.

My brother loved Uncharted Collection. He never got to play Uncharted 1, so that was nice. It's also nice having it all on the PS4. Have you played Uncharted before?

I just liked watching him play. It was almost like a movie with real-time bloopers.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I finally got Witcher 3. And also got Mafia 2.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Noice. And noice.

I'm still in Witcher. I'm up to 80-something hours, and just started Blood and Wine. Hearts of Stone is complete, and the main story is nearing the end-game. I'll likely cross the hundred hour threshold easily, and maybe even more. Brilliant game.

And Mafia II was another game I picked up and didn't stop until it ended. Really nice story, and dare I say a fun game. Later GTAs have seemed to have such a bloated open world, while Mafia II did next to nothing with theirs, and while some may call that a bad decision, I loved it. Never got bored.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought my mate's old Xbox off him for cheap a while back, and apparently you can share games between accounts or whatever. Since his old account is still attached, I can download games of his, so I downloaded Dragon Age: Inquistion.

And it has filled the void I felt when I finished Witcher 3.

#rpgformod

RuneScape: just mining on my uncharted island...

OGame: sending out transports and expedition missions.

Diablo 3: Farming bounties so I can sell them for items in Diablo 2 lol!

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

• 3 weeks later...

Going a little bit oldschool and playing COD Advanced Warfare on the Xbox One.

Actually my favorite CoD. The first CoD game i was really good in. I remember me and some friends went to local LAN events just to mess around. The first 1 or 2 we went to were just for luls, then we realised we were actually good. I know people love to hate on that game, but i actually really liked it.

Someone stop me, I'm actually getting really into the Crucible in Destiny. I'm not a competitive player by nature and somehow I'm actually doing reasonably well.

Destiny has skill-based matchmaking. Your competition should progressively get harder.

Thinking about getting FF when i get home later this week, but i'm unsure. Survival for The Division is coming out in a few days and i can already see most of my time going into that...

Finished the Witcher 3. Speaking with my mate, I realised how much your choices affect the game. We had like completely different games.

Definitely going for a NG+, but not right now.

Right now, started me Hungarians in CK2 again. Hordes are OP. I have conquered most of the known world, having taken on the Byzantines and Spanish emirate at its strongest at the same time. Nearly a third of the world is converted to Tengri and I have 9 empires. No cheats or mods used.

And it is only year 1050.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Witcher 3 is probably now my third favourite game of all time, after Jak and Daxter 1 and New Vegas. It's amazing, and awesome to see how wildly different things can end up. Not that anyone's ever picked Triss over Yen, so we still don't know how that plays out.  The moment that really sank that thought in is when I realised that you can miss such a huge storyline thing [hide] Radovid's assassination, on that note, Jesus Christ it was good to kill him, after two and a half games of him being a [bleep]. [/hide] by just not going to do a sidequest. The DLC's are awesome too, hoping you played them.

#rpgformod

Yep, I finished the DLCs aswell and did that part you mentioned in spoilers. I did all sidequests that were available to me, and only later found out that some sidequests had not even opened due to earlier choices.

And Gwent. Mothereffing Gwent. If only Skellige had a few more Spy cards...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Too bad one cannot stock up a mass amount of turns in ArenaScape, like Darkthrone for example. :/

Yup, I know I've missed at least a few 10,000's turns over the years lol...

Today I'll be getting Level 86 Invention in RuneScape, and hopefully make some progress in Diablo II... I'm only 10% of the way to Level 98 on my Fire Trapper and I'm hoping to go from 2,990,000,000 experience to 3,000,000,000 by the end of the day.

• Like 1

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting back into Far Cry 4 (I started playing last summer; I like to wait until games are old news to give them a spin apparently). I really like the game in general, and some of the detailed touches are quite good. Didn't really expect that the writing in Far Cry 3 was going to look so good by comparison though. The problem with Far Cry 3 though was mostly laziness I think. There is actually a really good, possibly even thought provoking story hidden in that game, totally obscured by lazy shortcuts and the realities of game design. But far cry 4...

It's...it's like someone sat down and planned out the story over the course of say 100 missions, but then when the first 20 missions had been made that number go slashed down to 40. The first half the game goes into so much detail and seems to be setting up all this character development, then out of know where the story just accelerates off into the distance like it's trying to win some unseen race, only too, I presume, slow right back down at the end and use the last 3 or 4 missions to wrap things up at a good pace (I'm not quite there yet).

It's disappointing. The beginning of the game was really good, and now that I'm 6 main missions away from the end, it feels like the game is trying to wrap things up so it can take an early lunch. In Far Cry 3, I think you unlock the second island around 60% of the way through the game. The first island certainly has more missions, including a few that really aren't needed if you ask me (the Buck missions feel really drawn out), but the second island doesn't feel rushed. I feel like I've unlocked the north of Kyrat 90% into the game, but I'm barely halfway into the story.

Anyway, it's fun, and I look forward to trying it again without all the help from the minimap and spotting indicators and whatnot. That should be a lot of fun, I just didn't want to try that on my first run.

Dragon Age: Inquisition right now.

God how different, and frankly shittier it is compared to Witcher 3...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc