What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

I received a Furnace about two weeks in when I first started playing. I tried it on one boss, said "meh" and salvaged it. Skip to a month later where I'm rifting trying to get a Furnace, and browsing through my cosmetics and I see the Furnace there. And it all came rushing back. D'oh! I'd still kill for an SMK though :D

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I've not touched Diablo 3 in a long time. I like the game, but it doesn't really capture my interest long term. Last time I played was with my WoT clan (we like to branch out).

In other news, a sort of new game, I've started playing LSPD:FR:

[hide]

2w3nq08.jpg

2yl4rrc.jpg

[/hide]

I'm not sure why, but I've taken a keen liking to the Park Ranger. I think I just like driving the "different" vehicle from everyone else. In LCPD:FR it was a necessity with my Charger since the game would run out of RAM if the computer could use it too. No one has figured out how to add custom vehicles to GTA V yet, just custom textures. Given that GTA V is 64 bit, if anyone is ever able to add cars, it should be a load of fun.

Also, Rockstar did apparently fudge the optimization with GTA 5, if to a far lesser degree than GTA 4. If you aren't using graphics features that require DX11, you seem to get better performance running the game in DX10 mode instead, at least for a lot of AMD cards. I'm quite happy about the AMD Gaming Evolved program now, since I doubt I ever would have found out if I hadn't checked it for suggested graphics settings (which I wish I had done first. Would have saved a lot of time).

I've not touched Diablo 3 in a long time. I like the game, but it doesn't really capture my interest long term. Last time I played was with my WoT clan (we like to branch out).

In other news, a sort of new game, I've started playing LSPD:FR:

[hide]

2w3nq08.jpg

2yl4rrc.jpg

[/hide]

I'm not sure why, but I've taken a keen liking to the Park Ranger. I think I just like driving the "different" vehicle from everyone else. In LCPD:FR it was a necessity with my Charger since the game would run out of RAM if the computer could use it too. No one has figured out how to add custom vehicles to GTA V yet, just custom textures. Given that GTA V is 64 bit, if anyone is ever able to add cars, it should be a load of fun.

Also, Rockstar did apparently fudge the optimization with GTA 5, if to a far lesser degree than GTA 4. If you aren't using graphics features that require DX11, you seem to get better performance running the game in DX10 mode instead, at least for a lot of AMD cards. I'm quite happy about the AMD Gaming Evolved program now, since I doubt I ever would have found out if I hadn't checked it for suggested graphics settings (which I wish I had done first. Would have saved a lot of time).

D3 draws 2 main types of people endgame. Those that can grind grifts FOREVER, and those that play for a couple weeks (endgame content) and then take a break, then come back.

• Like 1

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

I bought a EVGA 970 SC+ to upgrade my rig and i bought H1Z1, The Witcher 3, and GTA V. Havent really got to play them much but it should tie me over till Fallout 4 releases. 

Low_C.png

970 is a beastly card, enjoy it brother

you got the EVGA one with the ACX 2.0 cooler?

Yes, I did. It was on sale through EVGA's site for 299.99 so i jumped on the deal. It went off sale shortly after i ordered. It runs GTA V on 5760x1080 resolution 45-60 fps with everything ultra with an outdated i5-2400. I'll probably just hold off on rebuilding the rest of the computer until black friday or maybe even wait longer. 

Low_C.png

Tbh black friday in recent years has been mostly a letdown. Now it seems that the best time to get a sweet deal is a week to a month BEFORE black friday. just because it looks like it's on sale doesn't mean it's a good price. 

max.png 50.png

I'd wait even longer to be honest, the next meaningful upgrade from a 970 would either be in SLI, or go for the more costly 980ti, unless you can snag a 295x somewhere along the line (I personally would prefer 980ti over 970 SLI given the choice now, as 980ti is roughly on par with SLI 970's, which makes 980ti a better choice, but you probably will have to sell the 970 to fund the card).

The chip is aging, but it should still be adequate for your 970. For the last few generations CPU performance growth have slowed down to a near halt (increasing by mere single digit % each generation), and even then the CPU often is not a bottleneck as long as you have it clocked at a decent speed (something like 3.6Ghz+), so your 2400 should still be in no rush to upgrade.

Pascal should be a nice time to upgrade though, DDR4 ram should come down even more and there should also be a few more Skylake CPUs around to make a better decision. A decent monitor upgrade should also be in order (perhaps more budget G-sync monitors should be available).

EDIT: On actual gaming topic, I absolutely cannot wait for 2.3.0, that cube and Yang's Recurve is amazing...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Got AC: Rogue (FINALLY) and Dead Souls 2 for PS3. Something tells me that they might be pretty much the last games I ever get on my PS3...

So far haven't tried Dead Souls, but Rogue is epic.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Today, I also bought Injustice: Gods Among Us and Wolfenstein: The New Order for my PS3.

I probably won't finish those games before next summer :D

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Finally finished up the first Witcher game last night, pretty great, but got real stale in points running from a to b. Some of the characters needed a little more screen time, as in, the bulk of the end-game cast (EG: Second to last final boss guy, I heard of him, but only saw him like once properly before everything went down). Now to move onto the second, but we'll see if it holds my interest or if I'll bail for a while and play something else instead first. I have been meaning to play the end of Outlast/Whistleblower DLC for ages now. I'd probably rate the first Witcher a solid 7/10, and recommend it highly, and I picked it up for like $2.50, a hundred times worth it.

EDIT: 45 minutes into The WItcher 2. This game looks nice, real [bleep]in' nice.

• Like 1

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Been playing on my 3ds past few days. Mixture of Super Marior bros 3, New Super Mario brothers 2 and Majoras mask. Good times :)

• Like 2

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I'm still extremely confused and having a real hard time with it, but the multiplayer is super fun.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Playing Season 4 on Diablo 3 : Reaper of my Life. I've grinded out 400 paragon and i'm pushing into G Rift 50's. 

I cleared a 63 with my Monk yesterday. Gear could use some more optimization though. What are you playing with?

Bought MGS yesterday. It's pretty fun. Alternating between that, Diablo, Binding of Isaac, and The Witcher 3 since they finally added the NG+ option.

Playing Season 4 on Diablo 3 : Reaper of my Life. I've grinded out 400 paragon and i'm pushing into G Rift 50's. 

I really should play

I cleared a 63 with my Monk yesterday. Gear could use some more optimization though. What are you playing with?

Bought MGS yesterday. It's pretty fun. Alternating between that, Diablo, Binding of Isaac, and The Witcher 3 since they finally added the NG+ option.

I have a monk that used to be top-tier "back in the day."

I have an ancient Incense Torch of the Grand Temple and I used to DESTROY T6 no problems whatsoever. I could 1 hand play all day with no problems. Grifts icr but I think ~50s my defense was crap and I'd get shit on, but boy could I do damage. I haven't been following builds but by now I'm guessing my formerly OP build (when wave of light used to be baller) is no longer as good, if not horrible if they changed anything. Exploding palm stole the light when they released those new gloves that gave more damage, and idk what took over now :/

max.png 50.png

I really should play

I have an ancient Incense Torch of the Grand Temple and I used to DESTROY T6 no problems whatsoever. I could 1 hand play all day with no problems. Grifts icr but I think ~50s my defense was crap and I'd get shit on, but boy could I do damage. I haven't been following builds but by now I'm guessing my formerly OP build (when wave of light used to be baller) is no longer as good, if not horrible if they changed anything. Exploding palm stole the light when they released those new gloves that gave more damage, and idk what took over now :/

You should check out the Uliana's set. It's got a pretty fun playstyle it can push 70s if you're fully optimized. 

I really should play

You should check out the Uliana's set. It's got a pretty fun playstyle it can push 70s if you're fully optimized. 

I don't even know what that set does lol. I haven't played in months.

max.png 50.png

Wow. So i'm playing Medal Gear Solid, i sneak up on a soldier and interrogate him. All of a sudden he says "Ek praat nie engels nie, laat my gaan". I had to interrogate him a few times to realize that i wasn't just imagining things. He was speaking Afrikaans. That was a super bad-ass surprise. Don't think i've ever heard Afrikaans in a AAA title before.