What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

CS Nexon: Zombies

Dead Island: Epidemic

F.E.A.R. Online

Total war series

Firefall<3

Path of Exile

Loadout

Natural selection 2

Planetside 2

Quake Live

Rise of the triad.

Mission against Terror

Dirty Bomb (coming to steam) -> Came to Steam

Upcoming/Alpha/Beta

Nosgoth -> I think it's currently open reg but if anyone wants to play I can get you a key.

Rise of incarnates (made by Harada, creator of tekken) -> New ETA, hopefully end January/Beginning of February

Overwatch

Heroes of the Storm 

+The Repopulation

+Albion Online (Alpha but have to buy Founder pack, i'll wait -_-)

I'm currently enjoying Smite a lot. 

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

GOG.com is selling Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds for $6.00 (the Star Wars equivalent of Age of Empires 2). That is all.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

That's the other problem with long nose mods. European roads simply aren't meant for them. As I understand it, there are also tight restrictions on length (because of the roads), so a long nose would mean a shorter cargo trailer. Over here though, they don't make any sense since the trucks spend most of their time on long, relatively straight highways, and the longer wheelbase makes them more comfortable to drive.

I wonder if American Truck Simulator will allow road trains...

SCS does have a blog, which can be found here on the right side of the page (linking to the trucks site because it's worth knowing about). Their blog does have some coverage on their progress of the American Version.

As for driving on the wrong side of the road, Britain is the opposite of everyone else in the UK (they drive on the left), so you might enjoy that more.

Also, I see that SCS have just released the 64 bit version of their game. I'm constantly impressed with SCS.

My father drives that on any road XD(belgium, netherlands, france, spain, germany, poland, czech, ...) ^^

(cause he's the only one crazy enough for driving them here+license haha ; )

Star-Citizen.jpg

Are you lacking epic space ship battles in your life?

I know I am!

~Star Citizen/Arena Commander 1.0

✿ ♥‿♥)

Been following most of Jingles coverage of Arena Commander and Star Citizen. Both games look interesting, though I don't know when, or if, I'll bite. I probably wait until both games are fleshed out and I know which one would be more my style. Alternately, I know I'm not great with 3D combat, and for games like this, I tend to prefer things I am good at, so I may stick to my tank and ship based combat.

I got a little crazy and bough construction simulator 2015 a little while ago. It's not a great game, but it's a lot better than much of the [whatever] simulator [year] genre. Perhaps about as polished as Farming Simulator 2013 (because I just know everyone here has played that). Physics are about on par with that game as well. More importantly, the game is quite fun, and very addicting, and while there are some bugs, they seem to be easily avoided once you know what they are, and easily fixed. My only gripe is that pallets tend to float around on flat beds when loading many pallets (once you are done you can fasten everything down), leading to a workaround that is a bit more complicated than it should be (to avoid a bug). Some of the missions do tend to turn into pallet stacking extreme though.

I am reasonably encouraged by the developer. I think this is their second game, and first on the PC (first game was tablet), and they seem to be making an honest effort. It's an interesting branching out since they aren't new to software development, just to making games.

I haven't played farming simulator...

Trying to get CK2 fixed has resulted in yet another completely broken savegame...

I [bleep]ing hate when it happens that I get 10+ hours cleanly without absolutely any problems and then, when things start getting interesting, I get [bleep]ed over by the game not responding...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Finally decided to give DCS. After watching a couple hours worth of tutorials on youtube (got to part 4 of 10!), I have established that I can start the jet the game comes with, and I can take off and fly it too. Landings however are a little iffy. I made three attempts. On the first and last I slammed into the ground 500m from the runway. On the second attempt I hit the runway itself, while attempting to convert stray carbon into diamonds with my landing gear. I and my plane survived this landing, however I did blow out both rear tires and I'm pretty sure I broke the landing struts for good measure (this landing would have been considered a 'tad rough' in microsoft flight simulator X I think).

I've also learned that you have to avoid the "I'm in a jet fighter, look at all the crazy stunts I can do!" mentality. It's one thing to watch someone fly a jet fighter, and another thing altogether to realize just how on the edge of control something like a simple banking turn at 30 degrees and slow speed can be riding the edge between gracefully turning around and performing the aerial version of a spinout. The Su25T does recover like a dream, but it can't turn super tight.

The level of simulation is fantastic, as in, this is a proper simulation with little to no compromise made for the sake of making the game more playable (like allowing hard landings). The planes are complex, the flight model is I presume pretty top notch. If you have a joystick or controller, and some spare time to watch youtube tutorials, it's totally worth taking a look at (and it's free, with the option to buy other planes).

Bought Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Saga.

It has not aged well.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I tried playing that game again sometime in the last year...it didn't go so well. I didn't bother with that game, but something I do for older games like Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith is make a profile for the game in my graphics control panel, and basically just throw all the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering at the game that you can. It's far from a perfect solution, but it does make the graphics look a couple years newer, and significantly less painful to look at in general. For Nvidia users, make sure you select a whole screen AA mode, not something that only works on edges.

I don't think it will work on battle grounds though. AA and AS only work on 3D graphics, and I think everything in galactic (and any other isometric view rts from that era) is 2D sprites.

I've gotten better at DCS, and it truly is a wonderful experience (that is making me wish I had trackIR. Going to buy a cheap webcam so I can use a software variant I think). I can land now, and operate all my weapons systems. I'm still terrible at the game (I keep getting shot at by things that don't have the decency to paint me with radar so I know they're there), but I've destroyed some enemies and evaded some missiles, so it's all good for now.

My father drives that on any road XD(belgium, netherlands, france, spain, germany, poland, czech, ...) ^^

(cause he's the only one crazy enough for driving them here+license haha ; )

Star-Citizen.jpg

Are you lacking epic space ship battles in your life?

I know I am!

~Star Citizen/Arena Commander 1.0

I bought it yesterday because it'll get more expensive come February as the VAT is slapped onto it. (Don't ask me how they sold it without before that). Funny thing: I can't even play it right now, my computer's way too old. But I wanted to get a new one in a few weeks ;)

God, I'd love that new Star Wars humble bundle, but I can't afford it...

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Finally decided to give DCS. After watching a couple hours worth of tutorials on youtube (got to part 4 of 10!), I have established that I can start the jet the game comes with, and I can take off and fly it too. Landings however are a little iffy. I made three attempts. On the first and last I slammed into the ground 500m from the runway. On the second attempt I hit the runway itself, while attempting to convert stray carbon into diamonds with my landing gear. I and my plane survived this landing, however I did blow out both rear tires and I'm pretty sure I broke the landing struts for good measure (this landing would have been considered a 'tad rough' in microsoft flight simulator X I think).

I've also learned that you have to avoid the "I'm in a jet fighter, look at all the crazy stunts I can do!" mentality. It's one thing to watch someone fly a jet fighter, and another thing altogether to realize just how on the edge of control something like a simple banking turn at 30 degrees and slow speed can be riding the edge between gracefully turning around and performing the aerial version of a spinout. The Su25T does recover like a dream, but it can't turn super tight.

The level of simulation is fantastic, as in, this is a proper simulation with little to no compromise made for the sake of making the game more playable (like allowing hard landings). The planes are complex, the flight model is I presume pretty top notch. If you have a joystick or controller, and some spare time to watch youtube tutorials, it's totally worth taking a look at (and it's free, with the option to buy other planes).

What is DCS?

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

It's $10 I don't have. And it is over $12 right now.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

What is DCS?

It's Digital Combat Simulator, basically flight simulator but entirely combat aircraft (helicopters, fighters, and jet fighters). One of the DLC packages seems to be some sort of armoured division commander as well, but I've never seen that in action. For free, the game comes with the P-51 trainer (no guns) and the SU-25T, basically the Russian Warthog.

Playing a lot of the older Command and Conquer games recently, my favorite being Red Alert 2. The memories of using a nuke missile will always be dear to my heart.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Playing a lot of the older Command and Conquer games recently, my favorite being Red Alert 2. The memories of using a nuke missile will always be dear to my heart.

Red Alert 2 is fantastic.

I remember the first time I played it not being able to figure out how to deploy the MCV. Good times.

I will always love the chrono troopers (or better yet, chrono IFV's), though the Grand Cannon also has a special place in my heart.

I think Star Trek Armada is still my favourite RTS though.

Medieval Engineers has a pre early access release tomorrow for 24 hours off the keenhouse site. You lose out on the "I own space engineers" discount if you bought SE through steam though. I feel like I might go for it though. It's not a huge difference, and I don't want to wait another week. I would like to know what the state of the game is though. If it's just the castle building blocks, then I'm happy to wait a week or two if it means things like windmills and winches will be back in the game.

Started playing this game on Steam called Nosgoth. It's a f2p 4v4 vampire vs. human game, and it's pretty fun. It kinda reminds me of vs. L4D2, but it's pure TDM. It's early access so it's a little bit buggy but overall it's solid for a f2p game.

Ello abomination called spork, i'm fork.

Add me on Steam "Kempomeester" if you want to NOM HUMANS! :3

✿ ♥‿♥)

Decided to play some CoD:AW today, for the first time in about a month and a half. Went pretty alright. First game on i went 39-1 (somehow). Few games later i went on a 32 streak. Was pretty fun.

• 2 weeks later...