What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

I've installed Lord of the Rings Online, and now I'm slowly but surely going through my folder of RuneScape midi soundtrack, converting the ones I like to .abc so that I can play them with instruments in-game

I've been sitting on the same side of the same road for like at least an hour and this guy just keeps passing by on his horse, and every time he just sees me playing random music on the side of the road.

I do wish music mode supported a wider range of pitches, though.

ME3 is to me, unquestionably the best in the series. People are still angry because of the original ending (which is probably when those reviews were written). I'm not jumping up and down in support of the patched ending, but that's mostly because I like very specific endings to stories, but they cleaned it up and I think they did the series justice. ME3 has a really good story, and it does a good job of taking you in and getting you invested in the lives of people around you. Your past decisions also matter in ME3, much more so than ME2. There are plenty of little nods to stuff you did, but there is also some major impact stuff. It's really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting into Smite. Still learning how to use the controls before I try and play against real people. I'm having fun.

I'll probably be switching between Smite and CS:GO depending on how I feel.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Got my Fire Emblem: Awakening game yesterday (been deciding between it and Tales of the Abyss), and been playing it on and off. Kinda wished I got Tales instead since my reckless strategies has gotten my medic killed.

My copy of D3 UEE is in the air, and on it's way to my doorstep. Should arrive there either tomorrow or day after. When i get back home on the 26th... i won't be leaving my room for a week.

Went on a spending spree when I went out of town the other day and bought seven new (old) games, been playing the original Saints Row. Cool to see how it all started, but it's very GTA-cloney in the first game, I'm happy they broke away and are still a GTA clone, but with the silly dial maxed.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

And that's something I want to learn. Haha. Never could quite connect with everything going on in 2, which is still my favourite of the lot, and I've replayed it a few times now. Lots of characters coming in outta nowhere and me not knowing them. Or just referencing them, even.

#rpgformod

By the time you reach SR4, you probably won't see the GTA in it anymore.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Today,

Bought the new Humble Bundle. Mainly for Terraria and AoE legacy and CK 2. Oh god how I love CK 2.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Yeah, I've got Saints Row the Third and have played it through a few times as well, waiting for a complete edition of 4 to come out for cheap before I buy it.

#rpgformod

I have a little bit of an addiction when it comes to games and films.

The last time I was at the games shop I bought: The Last of Us Remastered (played a few hours), GTA IV (own on 360, but gave away - played a few hours online), GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City (played The Lost and Damned a little), Way of The Samurai 3 (tried playing a few times, but was killed numerous times, including one dramatic death whilst cutting vegetables.)

Over the past week I've also bought a few games from the PS Store: Okami HD (played around an hour, constant dialogue is a bit frustrating), Red Dead Redemption (owned on 360 but gave away) plus all DLC, and The Walking Dead Season 1 (now own this on PC, 360 and PS3.

After all that, I decided to play Runescape instead.

I do single player stuff sometimes but yeah, I inevitably become bored of it and come back to paying full attention to RS.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Tried out my Skyrim again yesterday and managed to crash the game, which I am not super enthused about. Planning on giving that a try again tonight remembering that anyone running as many mods as I am should probably be saving more often just to be safe. Waterfalls outside loading distance are also unbelievably ugly, and if I watch more of Gophers videos I'll probably find out if that was in the vanilla game and I didn't notice, or if one of my mods is doing that (they look like giant pieces of plastic before you get close enough to see running water).

I remember thinking that game was so beautiful when I first played it, and it still is, or can be. But there are definitely some limitations. I am also going to be regretting not getting the cooling issues with my case totally worked out I think, since Skyrim is still pushing it really hard even after taking a compressor to the CPU heatsink and fan (very effective). I can still cool it as I have been, but then I'll just need the compressor again to clean it out for general use, and I don't normally have access to that much compressed air (and to be clear, I did pull the heatsink out first. I'm not crazy enough to unleash 50 psi inside my case). Maybe I'll go back to trying to fit the fan from my other PC inside my case. My best bet is probably to take the faceplate off and attach it to the front, which is a bit laborious, and will certainly be loud (not a quiet fan in that PC), but should be effective enough.

This game is kind of fun for a while, at least something to do in the background if you're AFKing or doing something that doesn't require much attention.  It's an RPG monster fighting/capturing/training game played with dice.  You can play single player without an account too.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Tried out my Skyrim again yesterday and managed to crash the game, which I am not super enthused about. Planning on giving that a try again tonight remembering that anyone running as many mods as I am should probably be saving more often just to be safe. Waterfalls outside loading distance are also unbelievably ugly, and if I watch more of Gophers videos I'll probably find out if that was in the vanilla game and I didn't notice, or if one of my mods is doing that (they look like giant pieces of plastic before you get close enough to see running water).

I remember thinking that game was so beautiful when I first played it, and it still is, or can be. But there are definitely some limitations. I am also going to be regretting not getting the cooling issues with my case totally worked out I think, since Skyrim is still pushing it really hard even after taking a compressor to the CPU heatsink and fan (very effective). I can still cool it as I have been, but then I'll just need the compressor again to clean it out for general use, and I don't normally have access to that much compressed air (and to be clear, I did pull the heatsink out first. I'm not crazy enough to unleash 50 psi inside my case). Maybe I'll go back to trying to fit the fan from my other PC inside my case. My best bet is probably to take the faceplate off and attach it to the front, which is a bit laborious, and will certainly be loud (not a quiet fan in that PC), but should be effective enough.

What exactly are you blowing out of your computer other than dust?

I think you are just at the limitations of your CPU/GPU. (Probably you are overclocking a homemade system).

Just move your computer out into an open area not next to anything that obstructs air flow and try to lower the air temperature in your room 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit.

If that doesn't work then give up on maximum settings/draw distance/etc. until you get a new PC.

Solid state heat conduction is far greater than convection cooling.

Therefore, you need the latest CPU/heat sink designs to make a real difference.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I'm trying to get myself into a mad game finishing spree. I asked my brother for a number between 1 and 28 (The number of unfinished PS3 games I have), and he gave me 6, which was Duke Nukem Forever.

I've picked up from where I last left it, about six months ago, but I played the first little section on PC for a look a while back, so I remembered how it all went down. I'm about 75/80% of the way through now, and will get into it some more later on. It's not a bad game, but if I paid full price or had played the three before it and waited so long, I would have been as disappointed as everyone else.

#rpgformod

Crysis Trilogy

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Crusader Kings 2 and finally started Burnout Paradise.

Also bought Fifa 14 and AC IV for my PS3.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

What exactly are you blowing out of your computer other than dust?

I think you are just at the limitations of your CPU/GPU. (Probably you are overclocking a homemade system).

Just move your computer out into an open area not next to anything that obstructs air flow and try to lower the air temperature in your room 20-30 degrees Fahrenheit.

If that doesn't work then give up on maximum settings/draw distance/etc. until you get a new PC.

Solid state heat conduction is far greater than convection cooling.

Therefore, you need the latest CPU/heat sink designs to make a real difference.

I'm not overclocking, but I have a significantly more powerful GPU than my computer came with, and my case does not have good ventilation to begin with, being especially lacking along the top. My room is also usually north of 20 Celsius. I think that with the faceplate removed, my space heater (used without heat of course) will provide enough ventilation through the front to handle games that push heat too far without immediately filling my computer up with dust.

And it was nothing but dust that needed to be removed. I just found that an air compressor was extremely effective at cleaning off the fans and heatsink. I'd be removing those pieces for cleaning anyway, so why not use the compressor while it was handy :D

And good to know that the plastic waterfalls are from Vanilla, though I'll have to see if there is anything I can do about that, or I'll have to never approach whiterun from the north again. I still hate the way their game engine handles draw distances.

I picked up Kinetic Void while it was on sale, but admittedly haven't really played it yet. It wasn't really a buy for use right now, since the game is still a bit early in development for me, but it's far enough that it was worth the good price they were offering so I would have it when the game was at a state I am happy with.

Starting to anticipate the release of GTA 5 for the PC, though I am highly suspicious of the video they have on Steam. Their video looks nothing like the footage I've seen, though admittedly all the footage I've seen is recorded off the Xbox 360, which obviously can't push the game any further than GTA 4, being subject to the same limitations. I am still standing by my self promise to wait until I know it's a quality port though.