What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Started playing FTL. I think I'm going to leave it for a while, though. It was fun at first, but it's way too random to be fair.

That's roguelikes for you. You get the shit end of the stick most of the time but you keep trying until you get it. The game is designed to screw you over as hard as possible but in return you get a playthrough that's completely different each time.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided to redeem my PS Plus membership, safe to say it is pretty [bleep]ing awesome.

Hotline Miami on Vita? For FREE?!?!?

Unbelievably good. Now waiting for my Gravity Rush dowload to finish.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Finally started playing The Witcher 2 again. Kind of realised how good it really is. Previously i didn't get past the first Act because i lost interest, but it's managed to grab me now. Excited to finish it. Might consider getting The Witcher 3 as well.

Well, then the sad news is that its release just got postponed by another year.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I'm assuming that the second game is much better than the first?

Have been going through Dragon Age again, to keep the dark fantasy thing going.

Haven't played the first, but from what i've heard it's a slight improvement.

Bioshock: Infinite - Great game, but man it got confusing near the end. Had to consult TV Tropes to understand one of the main points of it. My only complaint was that it started to run a little long, but that may have been because I played it in three sittings. There was never a dip in quality, and if anything, it got better as it went on.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• 2 weeks later...

ff13 Lightning returns

[bleep]ing shitgame

the former version was brilliant, I spent hours with my pal trying to find the hidden objects with kupo and the combat system was quite diverse. This game has better ratings/reviews but woooowwwww, let the world end in 8 days forcing you to rush through it? Buttonmash your spells? LOL

fail

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Still on my FFX playthrough, mostly done sort of. I've got all but one Celestial weapon maxed out (Lulu and her lightning dodges are the worst), I have all the Aeons, and have captured probably 80% of all monsters. Finished Omega Dungeon tonight (With the amazing OP Magus Sisters' help) and attempted lightning dodges before stopping to preserve my remaining sanity. I'll finish the game, then I'll grind a ton to get my people truly unstoppable and probably re-finish it in that ultimate form.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I got incredibly lucky with the balloon layout.

This lightning dodging, though, I'd rather do the chocobo race and aim for -30 seconds than do this.

#rpgformod

I've never had issues w/ the lightning dodges. I just do it at night with the lights off so the lightning flashes illuminate the room. I do like 10 bolts then pause and take a break and continue. I remember the first time I did it, my roommate was watching me like I was insane. "181... 182... 18- *crash* SHIT"

The sun sigil's really the only one that drives me insane because of the luck required :wall:

77yLQy8.png

I get 100+ dodges in and start analysing my pattern and then mess it up or get nervous and mess it up or the spot stops giving me lightning every time and I mess it up or do something stupid and mess it up.

Will admit that the balloons were perfect for me, so I got that really easy, though.

#rpgformod

Tried to start a new playthrough of Mass Effect with a male shepard (done female twice now). It was so weird that went back and made another female character, this time changing up the character design a bit, and aiming to make some different choices.

I also stumbled across Ghost Recon Phantoms (online). I both love and despise the game. On the one hand, it is overall a pretty solid game, and I've never seen so much teamwork in an online game with random people before (you don't always get awesome teamwork, but when you do, it's just so fantastic). On the other hand, the game is beyond pushy on the 'give us money front' (it's at a level that I'm not sure the game is sustainable. Like it or not, you need the non paying majority to fill your game out and get that population up, and this game does have a bit of a population issue), and they don't seem to be super eager to fix obvious balance issues.

I guess, it's typical work for ubisoft. On the one hand, they have some really talented developers who really love what they are doing, and make really good games. But it's also ubisoft, a company which has no apparent interest in customer satisfaction or loyalty, as they are infamous for doing diddly squat to fix issues if they aren't getting more money for the work (that is, don't expect them to fix bugs beyond the initial sales rush period). If unbalanced guns force people to buy the new gun of the month (and they are keen enough to nerd the old op gun to prevent a death spiral of power creep while still introducing the new best gun each month), there will be unbalanced guns (and there are). Bugs will be ignored so that shiny new features can be added.

So yeah, I do think it's a really fantastic game. I wouldn't go into it if you aren't willing to throw $10 at it for one of the steam starter bundles (for the love of god, play the game for a couple hours first and see if you like it, and which class you might want to throw money at). It will get you a point where your gear won't keep you from being competitive without dropping 30+ hours into the game to get there. I also wouldn't expect this game to last forever, because it's being done by ubisoft, and ubisoft is much more prone to milking a project dry and then moving on the next big thing (which is obviously working or they wouldn't keep doing it, possibly because they create some really good games which makes them hard to avoid). Oh, and the launcher needs to be closed with task manager (two programs. launcher and launchinspector). See not fixing bugs above.

I got dark souls 2.

The game is a runescape quality grind fest.

You really want to keep fighting till you clear an area.

The mobs are so so cheap in this version.

#1 wasn't this hard and alot fairer.

Hell I even played #1 with a keyboard and mouse even when the controls where un-rebindable fubar.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I got Infamous: Second Son and beat it 100% in two days. Then I beat it 100% again on Expert mode in another two days. Fun game, but really short, not difficult at all, and absolutely nothing left to do after you do literally everything twice. I'll probably take it back to Gamestop and trade it in for Watchdogs or SSB4.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Caved in a bought Titanfall for the 360. I don't have the patience to get good at fps games on the PC. Honestly, wasn't even planning on buying any fps games for the PC. Just so happened that my little brother bought it for me.

The funny thing is that I managed to get a 360 copy for $40 from amazon, which was an absolute steal.

EDIT:

Here's a game that's been Greenlit on Steam. I laughed my ass off watching James and Aleks play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgVRGy-lbs

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I got dark souls 2.

Hell I even played #1 with a keyboard and mouse even when the controls where un-rebindable fubar.

It's actually a fair bit easier than 1 (at worst, once you get past the lack of resources early on) and you can do just fine without ever having to grind. What are you having trouble with?

I got dark souls 2.

It's actually a fair bit easier than 1 (at worst, once you get past the lack of resources early on) and you can do just fine without ever having to grind. What are you having trouble with?

Everything.

Cheese spin moves of enemies that make them impossible to consistently sidestep.

Almost every encounter involves 2 or more mobs.

Plague town level design everywhere so you fall to your death at some point. 

The easiest part of the game seems to be the bosses.

This game desperately wanted to be more "hard cool".

It's a poor imitation of Ninja Gaiden level difficulty.

It's Ghosts 'N Goblins all over again....

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

- Try a bow. You can find one really early in the game and they really improved ranged combat in this one - you can move while aiming, for one, even if it's slower it's a huge help since there aren't many fast enemies (Until NG+). You can split up groups, or at worst weaken one severely before they both reach you. Moreso once you get access to poison arrows

- Invest points in adaptability. If you want to consistently dodge attacks, you need it. If mobility is an issue, keep your weight low. Sometimes you'll just want to block the hit (there's a very light shield with 95% melee block in the Forest of Fallen Giants, if you need it).

-There's really not much I can say about the death pit thing other than "pay attention". If you got through Blighttown, you should have no problem here.

-Always keep your shield up.

-Well yea, it's a tough game that requires planning, skill, and just a pinch of luck.

-Sorry there are no invisible walls or guard rails to keep you from falling off of cliffs. That's what Dark Souls is about.

-If you're having an easier time with the bosses than you are getting to them, you're doing something wrong. I wouldn't recommend NG+ if that's the case.

Maybe start a new character?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Got a tad bored with grinding and capturing monsters in FFX (Not to mention attempting dodging), so I fired up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood again. Wish I gave this one a proper go when I first bought it, 'cause it's pretty awesome. Not as good as 2 (Yet), but nearly there. Mostly skipping the story at the moment and essentially just doing all the little side things like buying items, getting treasures, renovating Rome. I loved that sort of stuff in 2 as well. 

Also Machiavelli is a smug arsehole. I don't like him. 

#rpgformod