What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

No, it counts as a reskin of that Helicopter game.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Alan Wake was my first time doing horror games right - After midnight, in the dark, with headphones. Since that wasn't really completely horror, this could be considered the actual first. It kept me tense at times, which is saying a lot (I love horror games, but they usually fail to actually scare me), and it helps that it prevents you from getting a good look at the monsters. The puzzles are all logical and satisfying, but it's horrible at telling you what you're actually supposed to be doing. Often I'd solve a puzzle and not find out until later what it actually did.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs - Like the above, it kept me tense and is better than most horror games, plus it has even better mechanics for making sure you don't get a good look at the monsters. However, it's much more story focused than the last, to the detriment of gameplay. Not that I mind, considering the story is great.

Alan Wake - Last post on this, I swear. I don't think I've ever gone back and forth so much between loving and hating a game, but I settled on loving it by the end, so it's all good I guess.

I watched Gopher play through the Amnesia games. I think that was enough for me (I'm actually regressing with the Deadspace games. The more I know what to expect, the more I dread moving forward, especially knowing 3 has all the ubermorphs). I think it was enough for him too. By his own admission, he got through the games by drinking a lot of rum. Maybe that's my problem with Deadspace 3. Not drunk enough.

• Like 1

I am dying to get my hands on Banished.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/

Released today, it's an indie city-builder made by one single dude.

I've been following the development for over half a year and it drives me insane that I can't afford it right now.

Perks of having trouble with the government...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Pkaying BF4....Titanfall beta and Starbound. All over the place in terms of gaming as of late \o/!

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Got Civilization 5 (thanks to a kind donation). I'm pretty sure I am getting my ass kicked something fierce. Playing as Russia, and while Moscow is doing fantastic, at least in terms of wonders, it's my only City because I have 3 city states right next to me, and Japan managed to claim the other third of the Continent (Moscow is singlehandedly beating almost every other empire at research, and it has 3 wonders). Right now I am making trade deals with Japan so they might be less likely to squash me, and actually to keep my budget in the green to support a war effort against a city state controlling one of two known iron deposits (without iron, I'm not even going to be a speedbump if Japan decides to kill me).

Really wish I already had iron so I could build siege weapons. I might immediately go after another city state before winding down my tiny war machine. I'm torn between Venice who has land that I want, and the hostile one that is pushing against my borders. I think I am going to be on good terms with the hostile one (they wanted me to wage this war, so all good), so they might be the last to die. That's going to be an ugly war either way.

I dunno, I think I can stage a comeback (most of the Galactic Civilization games go like this, where I am a tiny bug on the wall in the early game and an indomitable powerhouse in the late game). I just need to keep Japan happy for another thousand years or so. When we go to war, it's going to be spectacular though. Unless they do it soon, in which case it will be hilarious (for them).

Got Civilization 5 (thanks to a kind donation). I'm pretty sure I am getting my ass kicked something fierce. Playing as Russia, and while Moscow is doing fantastic, at least in terms of wonders, it's my only City because I have 3 city states right next to me, and Japan managed to claim the other third of the Continent (Moscow is singlehandedly beating almost every other empire at research, and it has 3 wonders). Right now I am making trade deals with Japan so they might be less likely to squash me, and actually to keep my budget in the green to support a war effort against a city state controlling one of two known iron deposits (without iron, I'm not even going to be a speedbump if Japan decides to kill me).

Really wish I already had iron so I could build siege weapons. I might immediately go after another city state before winding down my tiny war machine. I'm torn between Venice who has land that I want, and the hostile one that is pushing against my borders. I think I am going to be on good terms with the hostile one (they wanted me to wage this war, so all good), so they might be the last to die. That's going to be an ugly war either way.

I dunno, I think I can stage a comeback (most of the Galactic Civilization games go like this, where I am a tiny bug on the wall in the early game and an indomitable powerhouse in the late game). I just need to keep Japan happy for another thousand years or so. When we go to war, it's going to be spectacular though. Unless they do it soon, in which case it will be hilarious (for them).

keep in mind

each citizen in a city eats 2 food each.

having cities on rivers/next to the ocean(even better) is inexplicably important. 

Also, if you have spies (not sure if those came with the DLCs, use them on the biggest Japanese city :P. you can possibly steal military technology from them which would really help you

soldiers eat up 1 gold each (every turn for maintenance) as well as food (I think the amount of food differs per soldier type, but you get the idea)

some helpful tidbits there

oh and keep your peoples happiez

edit: titanfall is fantastic

will be buying it midnight release for pc

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

Moscow is on a river. Moscow is quite large I think (it's up to like 10 or 11 people by now). It occurs to me than when I left, Japan outgunned me because I had just lost a siege and much of my army. Still, my siege army is not sustainable (actually, right now I can afford the road I half built or a standing military force of any kind. That's why I needed Japan's money). As a thought, if there really is only the two iron on the continent, Russia gets double the available iron that anyone else would (that's our ability, and it works on horses and uranium too). Given that Japan keeps asking for horses when we trade, I suspect that I might control the pony trade too, or at least a lot of it. Being Russia, I effectively control 4 horse resources right now.

So I have the resources to wage war, I just can't really afford it. I'm also assuming that if Japan has my horses and we go to war, they don't get to keep cavalry units made from my horses right? Or do they keep the cavalry but are just unable to rebuild them except with their horses?

No espionage in the vanilla version. People are still happy (not for long, I know what happens when I annex). The upside for me is that I've spent a lot of time watching Civ 5 being played (Zemalf, who seems to be pretty good at it).

I finally finished Hotline Miami yesterday. Excellent game backed up with an amazing soundtrack. I'll be buying the sequel as soon as it comes out, I'd imagine.

Now I'm playing Thomas Was Alone. Loving it as well.

Also, if anyone wants a gift code for Guacamelee! on Steam, you just let me know and I'll hook you up. I bought the Humble Bundle and I already own it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Made a video of titanfall beta footage. Freaking love that my graphics card has a built in DVR.

It wasn't a really good game by most standards...but Jesus it was fun.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

My best score in Flappy Bird is an even 90, so I claim the title of TIF Flappy Bird Champion.

gssv.jpg

185. I'll settle for that. :)

t1LM9MM.jpg

Previous record was 83.

Scumbag Brain: makes me feel good between points 84 and 199; makes me feel like shit for not hitting 200. GOD I'M SO BAD AT THIS GAME.

77yLQy8.png

Picked up Total War: Shogun as well as a bunch of older total war games in a 25 dollar bundle. Still havent played it like most steam purchases but i'm sure i will eventually.

I've been playing titanfall beta and WoW mostly. 

Low_C.png

Had a look at that Banished game. Very intriguing, though I've not gone for it yet. It actually reminds me of Black&White which had a similar, if much simpler, system for managing your population.

Got all of the Assassin's creed games except for Black Flag and Liberation all for 75% off. Time to try it (starting with 1)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Nearly finished the first Mass Effect now, loving it. And apparently it gets better from here, or worse, so I don't even know, but I'm looking forward to 2 and 3 and being disappointed at the end! Yay!

Also bought Monster Hunter 3 so my 3DS had another use other than Pokemon. Loving that as well, despite being thrown into the thick of it and not knowing what's going on.

ALSO: If anyone wants a Steam key for either Guacamelee! or Fez, hit me up, 'cause I got 'em from the Humble Bundle and I already own 'em.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

For me, the second game is sort of worse. The story arc is not one I am fond of, though I guess a lot of people like it because it's everywhere. Like Liberal Media Bias :P Perhaps more importantly, there are a lot fewer choices in the weapons department, and after the choice overload of the first game, I pretty much freaked out. That said, I very much enjoy the second games ending.

The third game is, to me, the highlight. It has the better game play from the second game, more weapons choices, and a good story (there is some debate on the ending). Perhaps the best story. At least to me.

I got banished and played it a little. Apparently the Market keeps people from hoarding supplies so much, so I guess I need one. I had a period where I took a few people off food production to try and keep the entire rest of my economy from grinding to a halt, and I forgot to put them back on food until my reserves were pretty much depleted. In the meantime, I think my population must have grown a bit, because going back to full production didn't solve the issue (and I had taken them off because I was producing more food than I used to begin with). As soon as people started starving, I released the food from the trading depot, and it did nothing. People who already had food immediately stole it and the people without food continues to have none. The same thing happened when I bought food off a trader, and again when another trader brought me food. It took two years and two deaths to get another fishing dock up (serious stone shortage), and now I am ammasing food reserves in the trading post that are much larger (also hoping to use them to buy more animals).

The resources are tricky though. The change from swimming in resources to having nothing kind of blindsided me. I've already harvested pretty much everything near me that I want to harvest right now, and then some. Particularly grim on the stone and iron front. I have a quarry and it is very slow. I think education is going to become a necessity for stone cutting and mining (I assume mining will also be super slow). Some debate over how I want to grow my town. I'm a bit worried that the houses are going to get too far away from everything and nothing will ever get done in the winter. Some sheep for wool would be fantastic so I could make better clothes. I have an order in for some, and it was placed like 3 years ago so hopefully that's coming.

Anyway, it's a neat game, though I can see the end game getting boring. Same problem as prison architect. Once you get the machine up and running, you don't tend to have any issues and the challenge goes out of the game. Hoping that something is done to address that in the future, but in the meantime I would like to make a much much larger town, and then try hard mode again. I'm also going to sit here and regret where I put my firt quarry, since I think I might want to move some of my town that way. Or I'll stick with the plan and make that island all mines and quarries and expand around the lakes to the north. A very neat game indeed.

My little brother surprised me for my birthday and pre-ordered Titanfall for the PC for me. That was extremely nice of him.

Hoping that I may be able to get a little further in the first Witcher game this weekend. Haven't quite got interested in it.

I should really go back and finish Mass Effect 1. Haven't played it since early Christmas break.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I liked the second Mass Effect the most. Specially the story.

Disasters are killing me in Banished. I had massive stockpiles both in trading post and market and then I got 2 tornados within 2 years which took them both down with the stockpiles and I got killed.

And the new Humble Bundle is epic, now that Fez is also in.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

CItadel DLC

Nuff said.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

My little brother surprised me for my birthday and pre-ordered Titanfall for the PC for me. That was extremely nice of him.

Hoping that I may be able to get a little further in the first Witcher game this weekend. Haven't quite got interested in it.

I should really go back and finish Mass Effect 1. Haven't played it since early Christmas break.

I have The Witcher 2 and i kind of feel the same way. It's a really good game. Story line seems good, combat is good. No real complaints except the fact that it doesn't really manage to grab my interest like other games (Dark Souls, Skyrim, etc.)

I've got probably about 10 hours of play time on it in the year i've owned it. Every hour i played i enjoyed, but i seem to get bored of it so fast.

Yeah, I found Skyrim to be a lot more grabbing that the Witcher 1 is so far. Maybe it's because it's kinda an old game. I have the Witcher 2, but I feel like I should play through the first first.

Bought the Humble Bundle. Completely forgot about that website, thanks Saq. Played a few hours of FEZ, and I absolutely loved it. I'm also looking forward to playing The Swapper. Looks cool. I like puzzle games.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |