What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

GTA V have gotten 98/100 from metacritic. the highest I have seen so far from them...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Didn't GTA IV also get 98/100?

And well, in my impression it is worth it. Trevor is awesome.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Acquired Swat 3. The AI is better and it seems a little deeper than 4, but at the same time it's kind of clunky (well, it is a 1999 game) and there's no non-lethal weapons, so you rarely get to take suspects alive.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I started a new Terraria character and world since a pretty big update came out. It's really great, some of the new stuff seems a bit OP though. Atm I'm gearing up to take on the Wall of Flesh and unlock hardmode, which is apparently where most of the new content is. P. psyched.

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 2 weeks later...

100%'ed SR4. some thoughts:

[hide]

1. the lack of an actual in game tracker makes tracking down the last 10 or so data clusters a complete PITA. It took me 30 minutes to track down that last data cluster.

1a. Also took me a while to finish the audio logs because the last was hidden in a place where I didn't know existed, but was well placed given the author.

2. Of all the alien weapons, I had not expected Abductogun and Bouncing Rifle to be that good at taking down the ball robots (those that roll into a ball and have to shoot at it from behind), both disregard the face armor. Inflatoray is the worst weapon out of the lot (I'd say its by far my least favourite of the weapons). Takes AGES to kill an alien and its not even that impressive. Dubstep gun is much funner to use. A word of Caution, a reckless use of bouncing gun can lead to notoriety rocketing, they tend to bounce to another pedestrian, and my record was it took 5 x2 bouncing shots for the warden to appear in a heavily populated region. Not fun when trying to get the 250 Bouncing gun kills and Wardens appearing basically once every 10 shots...

3. Professor Genki's Mind over Murder and Platforming rift can get lost lol. The gold medal on the hard ones were just... hard.

[/hide]

Now waiting for the Dominatrix DLC

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I so wish i could have know that sooner....

tim_chenw2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Enter the Dominatrix, I thought it was far too short (but it could be I was fully decked out, but they did somewhat limit the powers you can use during it). I did find some parts rather hilarious the first time i did it.

All i can say at the moment is, plenty of blast from the pasts.

tim_chenw2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Y.

Bought a DS for this and this alone. Well worth it. I've had it a couple weeks now, and I've already spent 27 hours on it. I haven't even beaten the last gym. I've just been takin' my time and enjoying the world. First proper time I've played a Pokemon game. I've played a lot of them on emulators, but this is the first time I've actually paid for it and whatnot.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC.

I finally got a debit card of my own and went a little crazy buying stuff online. This was one of the things I got straight up, and completed straight up. Though not as good as the main story (It kinda helps when you're with Lee for so long), still awesome story telling. Loved all of the people in the group (Though only Vince and Bonnie were the only two to go with Tavia in the end). Powered through it and thought it was well worth the money I spent on it. This, along with the teaser is getting me hyped for Season 2.

L.A. Noire. 

Again, part of my money spending. My brother bought the game on release, and I played it though and enjoyed it greatly. So I bought the season pass and the other DLC case and started another playthrough (100% this time, because why not). Enjoying it a lot more this time because I'm getting all the questions right and following the story. First time I played through I didn't care much, and this time I'm listening to what's going on and lovin' it. Stuff like who's on Monroe's payroll, sightings of the Black Dahlia killer and whatnot. Not keen for finding all the cars, though. That's gonna be a battle.

And come Monday, I should likely have two more games in my collection, God of War: Ascension (Very excited to play this one) and Duke Nukem Forever (It was 10 bucks. lul). I love getting new games.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 on steam the other day. About two hours into the first. Lots of dialogue, but I hear the games have a really good story line. So looking forward to experiencing it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 on steam the other day. About two hours into the first. Lots of dialogue, but I hear the games have a really good story line. So looking forward to experiencing it.

Fantastic story, and the (first) game also has The Elevators. Don't worry, if the thought of elevators gives you the urge to go postal by the end of the first game, you are not crazy. It's a perfectly normal response, healthy even. The elevators must die. Seriously though, the series is absolutely worth playing from start to finish. You get so much more out of the games by playing the preceding ones that it's crazy. A word of advice: When I played the first game, I started to rush it, and just focused a lot on the main mission stuff because I wanted to see how it all ended. In retrospect, it takes a very long time to play through all three games, and it is absolutely worth taking a couple extra hours to do a few side missions, even the ones that seem totally inconsequential. I found that what I did do really added to the story aspect down the line, with stuff I did in the first game even cropping up in the third game. Trust me when I say that if you are in it for the story, the third game in particular really benefits from a more complete play through of 1 and 2 (and don't pretend you aren't going to play the third game. It's everything they got right form the first two games).

The elevators suck though. But don't worry, they don't come back in the second game.

Also, I would very very much suggest that you absolutely do not look the game plots up before you finish them all. The games will ask you to make choices. You only get one shot to play the games blind, to not know what all the fallout from a choice is going to be. Don't blow that chance. If there is stuff you wish you had done differently, then you go back to the very beginning, and you play it all over again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up State of Decay in the steam sale. There are certainly issues with the game, and I've decided that it really should be played with a controller (it has attack combos which are much easier that way, also bypasses lack of mouse acceleration). It also has a bit of a mission overload aspect to it, where there are always like 3-5 missions plus base upkeep to do.

But all that said, this is the concept for a game that I have been hoping for really. You have a base in a town, and you have to scavenge for resources to maintain and improve your base. That's really the core of the game. A couple hours in and I built myself into a building materials shortage (I think morale will bottom out pretty quickly if I can't meet daily usage), and we are pretty much out of painkillers. Health wont regenerate without resting or painkillers, so that's bad. Pain killers are something you want to have when doing pretty much anything else. I only have one character at full vitality (other character I can currently used got super mauled, so he's pretty useless), and she got tired, so I've decided to take a bit of a break while she get's rested (as I understand it, the game will simulate up to about 8 hours passing when you exit it based on how long until you play again). Hope that some of my base mates will find some painkillers as well while I am resting.

Think it's definitely worth the $10 bucks if you don't mind playing a game that's lacking a bit of polish (you can tell it's a console port). It really is a neat game with reasonably deep gameplay mechanics, and it can get pretty tense (it auto saves and all deaths are permanent). Things like vehicles being a finite resource add to that.

Fantastic story, and the (first) game also has The Elevators. Don't worry, if the thought of elevators gives you the urge to go postal by the end of the first game, you are not crazy. It's a perfectly normal response, healthy even. The elevators must die. Seriously though, the series is absolutely worth playing from start to finish. You get so much more out of the games by playing the preceding ones that it's crazy. A word of advice: When I played the first game, I started to rush it, and just focused a lot on the main mission stuff because I wanted to see how it all ended. In retrospect, it takes a very long time to play through all three games, and it is absolutely worth taking a couple extra hours to do a few side missions, even the ones that seem totally inconsequential. I found that what I did do really added to the story aspect down the line, with stuff I did in the first game even cropping up in the third game. Trust me when I say that if you are in it for the story, the third game in particular really benefits from a more complete play through of 1 and 2 (and don't pretend you aren't going to play the third game. It's everything they got right form the first two games).

The elevators suck though. But don't worry, they don't come back in the second game.

Also, I would very very much suggest that you absolutely do not look the game plots up before you finish them all. The games will ask you to make choices. You only get one shot to play the games blind, to not know what all the fallout from a choice is going to be. Don't blow that chance. If there is stuff you wish you had done differently, then you go back to the very beginning, and you play it all over again.

Dang, how come I didn't see this response until now. Thanks for the reply, Randox. I appreciate it.

The Elevators, yes yes yes, haha. I'm about 10 hours into it, and found myself pushing the main story line a little too much (like you said you did). So I caught myself and started a couple side missions for fun. Enjoying it a lot, too. Also, I really hate making decisions and being put on the spot in a video game, so choices are super hard for me to make. But I've never once thought of looking up the game plots. I don't want to ruin the experience, haha. I'm already thinking that once I play through the series once, I'll redo it it with a different kind of character (right now, I make choices that give me a lot of paragon; kinda want to be a renegade during the next play through).

I posted this in the Today thread, but oh well: I bought a few games during the autumn sale on Steam. Saw that the full Counter Strike package was something like $8, so I bought that because I want to try it out, and because I want Garry's Mod, which I need Counter Strike Source for (there were other games I could've downloaded for this req, but I chose CS). So I also bought Garry's Mod for like, $5. And then I saw that Skyrim was only $15, which was too good to pass up, since I have a ton of friends who have said good stuff about it.

Older brother also introduced me to Eve. I really like space games, and the graphics/scenery in Eve is heavenly. I may be able to get into it, especially if it means doing missions with other people. Seems like it takes a while to get to a point in the game where you can do stuff. But I may have the spare time to invest in it. I do find the fact that you have to pay monthly to play kind of a turn off.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Glad to hear you're enjoying mass effect, and the elevators haven't driven you totally mad.

Can't remember what game I am using as the source for Gmod. Don't play it much, and I don't think I have all of the ones needed for stuff like the gmod tower.

State of Decay is getting better. Think I finally sorted the controller out. My controller has a keyboard emulation mode which I was using, which I then decided was worse than the actual keyboard. Now I have a 360 controller emulator converting for it (the game only recognizes 360 controllers, or others that use the same input type). After sorting out some issues there, I like it. The game works really nicely with a controller, so once I am done relearning the controls (it's not a strait remap) and getting used to the controller, the game should be that much better.

Also, the special zombies (called freaks) seem to be inspired by Left 4 Dead. The Feral, Juggernaut (Big'un), Screamer, and Bloater are pretty clearly inspired by L4D's Hunter, Tank, Screamer (was replaced in development by the Boomer and Witch), and Boomer. There are also SWAT and Army zombies, but they aren't particularly dangerous (mildly bulletproof, and the army ones are fast).

As an aggressively casual gamer, I find the vanilla game just fine. It's actually taken me out of my comfort zone, but to a good place. There is a certain appeal to being surrounded and having a quick look through the items available to you, and the knowledge that it's all you have to work with. It's still in that sweet spot though, were I am pretty confident that I can get myself out of a jam with whatever (I can at the very least, usually escape). The Breakdown sounds like a nightmare for me. I don't like to be rushed.

Finally got the controller all sorted, and I think I might go back to keyboard. It occurs to me I could just map all the combos to my mouse, and I really need a mouse for shooting. I haven't really consoled in so long that I am joystick impaired when it comes to shooting.

So far for the Steam Autumn Sale, I've gotten...

Skyrim

Antichamber

Torchlight 2

Trine 2

Spelunky

And am thinking of getting Brutal Legend for $2.00...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Went from Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to Persona 3.

I enjoyed the former; it's not outstanding but it's probably one of the better games in the series.

The latter... I'm only a few hours into it but I love it so far. I'm more invested in the story and characters than I expected to be, and the only thing I know about the game is that it's incredibly dark.