What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Played Witcher 1, sometimes it was seriously tough trying to choose which side (good/bad wasn't immediately apparent, and in fact a lot of the time there wasn't any good/bad side to begin with).

Such as saving a witch who happily serve as a tool to murders by making poisons and have no regrts, or save her and kill everyone else in the village who also happen to be bigots, rapist, child slave seller or murderer.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I feel like Alpha Protocol might have ruined morality for me. The game is just so ridiculously open, to the point of encouraging you to RP rather than doing that for you (things like orphans created have no impact on the game, and there are some choices in the game that exist for the sole purpose of RP value). It has morally ambiguous situations, but you don't mind because unlike a game like Mass Effect, you aren't punished for being neutral, or being inconsistent.

The game is entirely consequential. It won't stand in the way of you making whatever choice you think is best at the time (and you have only seconds to make choices), but you have to deal with what can be significant consequences that impact the story, and also can make a future level much easier or much harder.

Good story and voice acting to boot.

Now, I'm not familiar with the Witcher, and I'm going to admit that I am most familiar with the ME morality system, which kinda sucks more the more I think about it. Wikipedia isn't being super helpful, but it looks like it might be a flexible system, more consequentialist that just a good/bad score. It looks like a pretty interesting game actually.

Hey, I didn't play the original either. But the second one blew my mind and I am definitely getting the third one.

And seriously, the morality system isn't anything like ME.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

That's alright, because I feel like the only person who played Myst :lol:

Weird thing is, my Mom picked that one up, thought I might like it. I probably never would have discovered it myself, and Myst 3 is one of my favourite games (I love Riven too, though I wish it had the Myst 3 3D engine).

So yeah, I didn't just get it, but everyone should totally try them (I have played either the 4th or 5th, and didn't like it nearly as much though). I'd say 3rd might be the pinnacle depending on how you feel about the second ones graphics. I'm not sure if there is anyway to make the first one stable on a modern computer.

I feel like Alpha Protocol might have ruined morality for me. The game is just so ridiculously open, to the point of encouraging you to RP rather than doing that for you (things like orphans created have no impact on the game, and there are some choices in the game that exist for the sole purpose of RP value). It has morally ambiguous situations, but you don't mind because unlike a game like Mass Effect, you aren't punished for being neutral, or being inconsistent.

The game is entirely consequential. It won't stand in the way of you making whatever choice you think is best at the time (and you have only seconds to make choices), but you have to deal with what can be significant consequences that impact the story, and also can make a future level much easier or much harder.

Good story and voice acting to boot.

Now, I'm not familiar with the Witcher, and I'm going to admit that I am most familiar with the ME morality system, which kinda sucks more the more I think about it. Wikipedia isn't being super helpful, but it looks like it might be a flexible system, more consequentialist that just a good/bad score. It looks like a pretty interesting game actually.

alpha protocol is seriously the only linear kinda game i've played through more than three times, it's so good. if only the combat was a bit better

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Be warned, GTA IV ruined every previous GTA title for me that came before it, in the best way possible. Needy Friends Simulator and lack of planes aside, I love the game, and the feel, and I would love to have a more powerful GPU that could enable me to run it how it should be run.

I hear you on the combat for Alpha. I think I can see what they were going for, and I actually sort of like it, but it's also very much at odds with what I am used to.

Ni no Kuni, it's aimed at younger gamers but it's still pretty good. Made by Studio Gibli or something which made the wife go OMG lolz

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

One of 2 PS3 games I need for the whole year is Ni No Kuni. Haven't found it around here yet and I already have The Last of Us.

The second game is GTA V of course.

But latest game for me right now is Arkham City. Batman has probably his greatest era yet, with such epic movies and great games.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Fallout New Vegas since it was dirt cheap on steam, even with the dlc's. I've already spent countless hours on the xbox version but it gives me an alternative when I don't feel like playing runescape. My goal is to basically make the opposite choices of what I did on xbox. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Tried our Warbands today. It's not an easy game. I was doing pretty well early on, up to all of a thousand gold (not bad for the first half hour or so I think), and then the game kind of hit the fan. More than once. Essentially, I was alright if I could avoid combat by riding around people shooting bolts at them, but that tactic doesn't work very well against larger crowds (like if you're the only person left), or when they have a lot of archers, and my forces were getting decimated by anything other than the weakest enemy, and then I would get knocked out and captured. The primary income in the game comes from trading, not looting, which you need money to do.

I did finally sit down at the training camp, and that helped me figure out the combat system, and my combat style. I'm still dead in a 3+ vs 1, and a good chance in a 2 vs 1, but I just might be able to hold my own in single combat. It's a beautiful combat system, but you really do need to understand it, or it will murder you repeatedly.

I seem to be doing alright now. I have a healthy fear of just about everything, but I also have a marginally competent militia. Without funds, I can't really hire the mercenaries (I think I have one left right now, from 3 or 4), so I'm stuck taking volunteers from villages, who naturally all die if you go up against anything but the weakest foe. So I have a few of them with the first upgrade, and a couple more at higher levels. I also scrounged up enough money to get other companions, who won't ever die, but I could lose them if I get captured again (that would be bad). Right now I'm sort of working up the courage to take on some cavalry perhaps, or some better bandits at least, since I need some horses and I can't afford them.

I also need some archers. Badly. I have one, though most of my forces can throw rocks or something.

• Like 1

Finished Just Cause2 storyline. 24 hours total gameplay, felt kinda repetetive but some of the missions were fun as hell. Wont add some example spoilers, maybe someone hasnt finished it and idk how to use the spoiler tags :D. I think the storyline could've been better if my computer could run the cutscenes(lagged a lot so I just skipped).After the storyline it basically got boring though, out of the 370 locations I´ve done maybe 20. Now im basically just driving around and doing random challenges with my friends. But I have to say that the draw distance?(idk if it's the right term) is amazing. First time I saw the mile high club i thought it was some blimp close by and then tried to drive to it. Took me maybe 20-30 minutes :P

Also got the bolopatch mod. Endless opportunities with the grapple makes the game much more enjoyable. Recommend it. Started using it after storyline.

Tried our Warbands today.

It's a glorious game. You just need to remember, your army does the fighting for you. Hard to brake the habit of "I'm the only skilled teammate" other games have.

Another habit to break: Warband's melee combat is so good, everything else sucks in comparison. Part of the reason why I stopped playing Skyrim, lol.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The melee combat may be superb, but I do find that I spend much of a given battle on my horse shooting arrows at people. It's definitely weird using the computer people so much, but I do enjoy being the commander. With a slightly larger force, I would like to have a smaller cavalry unit always following me. Right now I'll either lead or send them in, and I won't call them to follow until the battle is wrapping up, or if I need them for whatever reason. I expect as time goes on I'll start to specialize more units and whatnot.

I managed to pull myself out of the rut. I probably couldn't take on a lord on my own without serious losses, but I can handle anything else (anything else runs away from me). I am now running a 50 man army, including 7 mercenary cavalry (I don't have enough of the villagers who can be turned into cavalry, and that particular country does send it's armies after me), and it costs north of 700 per week now. Good thing I'm rich.

Looking forward to maybe joining in on a siege or something. I am also hoping that I can join up with a faction, and then later make my own. It's going to be a while before I am really a match for the lords. I have a lot more wealth to acquire first, and a lot more soldiers to train.

Another habit to break: Warband's melee combat is so good, everything else sucks in comparison. Part of the reason why I stopped playing Skyrim, lol.

Also what makes point A so hard to follow. Every time I play it, I end up saying "[bleep] tactics MOUNTED CHAAAAARGE" and die to a horde of archers.

Are the command controls just something you have to get used to? I've only used the Alg method so far because it seemed like I wouldn't be able to find what I'm looking for in time.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

That's something that has given me grief. They are not particularly well documented, and all the controls lists I have found are wrong. The number row selects the unit (or all of them, which is how you start).

F1 brings up the movement controls. I think stand ground (which can be used to place troops if you hold it down), follow, charge, advance 10 paces, fall back 10 paces. F2 and F3 also bring up menus. I think F2 covers formations, and F3 covers attack commands (like fire at will), but I might have them backwards. I think F3 also contains weapon selection (you can see what everyone is doing by hitting backspace, and it will say things like stand ground or charging, and using weapon "any" and so on).

I should see if there is a tutorial for it.

For enemy archers, I have a lot of infantry with shields (who should be split up between shields and spears because they are good for different things), and I can use them to advance on archers distracting them while I bring around a cavalry charge from the side or back. I use a similar tactic for towns. The infantry collectively take the front, the main attack, while all the horse run around back and get the archers.

Was taking a look at how I might go about becoming my own ruler. It looks like joining up with someone else is a good way to start, so that's awesome. I also saw the part where you can have armies in the thousands going at each other, which could be interesting (though getting through all that could take a long time I'm sure).

Also having some trouble deciding how to specialize people, aside from the medic who will also probably be the engineer. Kicking myself a bit for having a point in most skills. Didn't need to do that, but oh well. I think I favor horse archers who are also competent on the ground, so most of my heroes will probably be like that. Also want a couple normal archers.

Hitman: Absolution

What a disappointment. It at first seemed that everything had improved, but the linearity and new disguise system ruin the whole thing for me.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Picked up Wargames airland battles on steam. What little I've played is amazing, but I am so busy to do any gaming.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]