What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Been playing some LoL. That new ARAM mode is awesome.

Also, finished in 3 days that Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. First and so far only game that I have ever cried to and I have practically finished The Walking Dead. I usually don't get that attached. Oh, and Andy Serkis. Mother[bleep]ing Andy Serkis. Andthe motion capture and voiceovers in general. Gameplay was decent aswell, but that mocap and voices... Definitely suggest playing this critically praised but commercially a bit failed game which can be had from bargain bins for a long while now. Seriously, got my copy for 15€ for PS3, which is nothing.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You would not believe the amount of people dissing fallout 3 on some fansites, despite the fact that it was very well received.

Oh I do. It's either everybody hates FO3 or everybody hates NV. Then the older guys who hate anything not 1/2 related. :wink:

I started a new game in Victoria 2 as well, aiming to commit to a full industrialization game as USA. Easy, sure, but I never focused on making an industry to beat UK.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's getting close to a year since my first steam summer sale and I haven't got through half the games I bought. Thinking I'll play Fallout NV or Witcher next.

FNV is much more open ended, and there is plenty of do, but I feel it is a little too cluttered.

The witcher on the other hand, while being a lot more linear than FNV, so it's a bit less cluttery/branchy, but still tells a good story.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Oh I do. It's either everybody hates FO3 or everybody hates NV. Then the older guys who hate anything not 1/2 related. :wink:

In the beginning there was only Fallout 1, for there were no other Fallouts before it. Then came Fallout 2, its only begotten son sent to us to expand upon the father's teachings. Now we have Fallout 3, sent to lead the faithful astray. I say to you beware the false prophet! Its teachings lead to naught but to the rad wastes where there are no water chips, and the BoS is but empty bunkers bringing false hope for salvation. Follow the holy G.E.C.K., brothers and sisters! May its divine circuitry bring to us the promised land!

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

^ looks like someone took 1 jet too many...

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I'll be honest the other fall out I've played was 3. I never played the games when I was younger. Only reason I picked up NV was because it was on sale. I found NV's story...okay compared to 3. What really made the game in my opinion was the DLC's for it. Lonesome Roads was of the best DLC's ive played in any game. It completed the story of the courier very nicely I thought.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I played 3, then NV, then 1, then 2.

But the first two for only a little bit, I couldn't really get into them. Not my sort of game, I found.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I initially played FO1 a bit when I was rather young and had no clue about the game, quit after I got trapped by rats in the Vault cave and died lol.

Then I got into it properly and it really got me going. I bought Fallout 2 relatively quickly after it was released. I was playing FO2 up until very recently (the only gripe I had about Fallout 1 was that most mobs were too flimsy, 14 hp raiders anyone?).

Fallout 3 was an eye candy, graphically it was amazing, and story wasn't that bad, but the main quest was too.. linear. Unlike FO1 (where the mainquest basically 'dead ends' after V15) or FO2 (a lot of backtracking).

Fallout NV was another experience for me, I agree with Lonesome road being really good story, and I enjoyed Old World Blues as well (if not for the comic relief of the module).

tim_chenw2.png

Fallout 3 was an eye candy, graphically it was amazing, and story wasn't that bad, but the main quest was too.. linear. Unlike FO1 (where the mainquest basically 'dead ends' after V15) or FO2 (a lot of backtracking).

Maybe it's just the evolution of technology, but the graphics kept me from getting too far into both 3 and NV. The characters plunged incredibly far down the uncanny valley, and fact that they washed out every color except brown/green didn't help.

Granted, the Mojave actually is that brown and that empty, but it makes for a pretty dull gaming experience when they give you an open world with almost nothing in it except for dirt and the occasional shrub. I'm sure the story is good, but my immersion breaks every time I see a human, including my own character.

Ulysses was a great overbearing presence, I felt. Always there, always watching. So I loved Lonesome Road. ED-E as awesome too. Honest Hearts was pretty good, but I think it was far too short. I think that might have been my fault, though. Odd World Blues was solid, hilarious and good stuff, dropped off in a few parts, but still awesome.

I really didn't like Dead Money, I loved what they were doing with the story, the helplesness, but I hated the experience. Something about the self-contained, tiny, annoying to get around in area really lowered my experience, so much so that I stopped playing it for a week, only came back because I'd gotten a lot of exp and levels and I wanted to finish it. I ended up going to the console and doing a bit of the ol' tgm and tcl to get the damn gold out of there, even though all I had left in the story was the other three DLCs. I kept my save, and I'd imagine if I re-installed and came back to it, I'd still have 30 gold bars sitting in my dresser in Novac.

Long story short, Dead Money sucks. Everything else NV is awesome.

Also, completely unrelated to New Vegas, I have 14 games that I have yet to finish/play to an extent I have decided is sufficient.

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.

Batman: Arkham City.

Burnout Paradise.

Dark Souls.

Final Fantasy XIII.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

God of War: Origins Collection.

Heavy Rain.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

LittleBigPlanet Karting.

Max Payne 3.

Rage.

Rayman: Origins.

These are them, which one should I play next?

• Like 1

#rpgformod

Mark of the Ninja. Amazon is having a PC game sale right now and will run until the end of the month.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Ulysses was a great overbearing presence, I felt. Always there, always watching. So I loved Lonesome Road. ED-E as awesome too. Honest Hearts was pretty good, but I think it was far too short. I think that might have been my fault, though. Odd World Blues was solid, hilarious and good stuff, dropped off in a few parts, but still awesome.

I really didn't like Dead Money, I loved what they were doing with the story, the helplesness, but I hated the experience. Something about the self-contained, tiny, annoying to get around in area really lowered my experience, so much so that I stopped playing it for a week, only came back because I'd gotten a lot of exp and levels and I wanted to finish it. I ended up going to the console and doing a bit of the ol' tgm and tcl to get the damn gold out of there, even though all I had left in the story was the other three DLCs. I kept my save, and I'd imagine if I re-installed and came back to it, I'd still have 30 gold bars sitting in my dresser in Novac.

Long story short, Dead Money sucks. Everything else NV is awesome.

I liked DM because of Christine. But that's the only reason though.

And I can say without a doubt Ulysses is my favorite character. I let him live at the end of mine cause I passed the speech checks. So happy I did. Honest Hearts at first thought ended to quickly, but after looking back I found it to be good ending and all. OWB...was so funny. God I loved it. I saw at the end of the game on the wiki the courier goes there and watches over it. So I'm finally done with NV, I'll save my game there and leave it be.

I've been playing EVE online a lot as of late. Joined a good corp and been making money mining ice. Besides that I've played some minecraft and Skyrim.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

[hide=New Vegas, Lonesome Road ending spoilers]I let Ulysses live, and we stopped the missiles or sent them where no-one would be hurt or whatever was the nice way of dealing with the missiles, with ED-E. I don't know. I can't remember too well.[/hide]

In other news, Heavy Rain and Dark Souls. And oh god. I'm enjoying both so, so, so, so, so much. They're amazing. I imagine I'm getting close to the end of Heavy Rain and I've never wanted to finish a game so much. I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE ORIGAMI KILLER IS. Also Dark Souls is amazing.

PLAY THEM BOTH RIGHT NOW.

#rpgformod

I let Ulysses live (because I was on hardcore, I could use the free MRE's), nuked the crap out of both NCR and Legion (Because I want their armors, but man, those two areas and Couriers mile are just nasty). And then let the Ambassador and Caesar reset my rep (both happen after you exit Lucky 38 and confronting Benny respectively).

With all 4 DLC's it's entirely possible to Nuke both factions and come out as if absolutely nothing happened (and jeopardising your game afterwards).

Currently working through Dead Money (the last DLC i yet have to complete), and after that, all Achievements, and then replay the game min-maxed.

tim_chenw2.png

Okay. Finished Heavy Rain. And I must say, put it right down in the list of 'Dax's Favourite Games of All Time'. Truly an amazing experience.

[hide=Serious Heavy Rain spoilers, don't open if you ever plan to play it.][hide=Seriously]Such a good game, luckily I got all of my folks to survive until the end, and I got them all to the warehouse. I won the fight against the origami killer, who died. Happy ending for Ethan, Madison and Shaun. Norman, who I hated in the early days, but grew to love, gave up on the Tripto and went well for him too. Alas, I didn't save Lauren when I was Scott and she drowned, so she sadly didn't re-appear. I still have a hard time believing the Origami Killer was the Origami Killer, but that was an amazing twist, and an amazing story.

10/10, would experience everything again.[/hide][/hide]

#rpgformod

Fire Emblem: Awakening's final DLC came out today. To say it looks hard would be an understatement.

To quote someone from another site,

I don't know what's more terrifying... the text, or that smirk on Anna's face while she's speaking to you.

That face basically says, "You're going to fail. And I'm going to love watching it."

Naturally, I'll be playing it after this final, because masochism.

• Like 1

Started playing some Battle Front 2 again. A combination of moving up to the higher difficulty from the last time I played, and being a bit rusty, and it's a fair challenge for me again. Doing some Galactic Conqest, and after a couple victories I suddenly found myself nearly defeated, with I think only 3 planets left. Then I decided to start using some bonuses, mostly Garrison and armour plating to keep things cheep (with a hero waiting in the wings).

Advanced armour seems to be quite good, even fair competition against the more expensive enhanced blasters. I find it useful on maps where my team is prone to being overrun and put into a meat grinder position (Kashyyk is really bad for this I find). Garrison just allows the team to endure. Where on easy I remember my using vehicles as largely wasted on the team, that they were useless unless I did everything on foot, I am finding that some maps pretty much require that I be in a vehicle to mow down the enemies just to allow us to keep pace. Of course, I love vehicles so that works, though the enemy definitely has better AI (they sort of have to, or my team would always win). I'm taking it back with a vengeance though.

Borderlands 1, picked up the GOTY for 7.50 back when it was on sale, gonna wait out on BL2 for GoTY.

tim_chenw2.png

Picked up a couple games on steam. Giana Sister: Twisted Dreams, and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. I am bad for buying games where they are super cheap and not playing them...Going to save money for the Steam Summer Sale.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Euphonium/10.

[/hide]