What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

I am trying to get back into Skyrim, but I seem to have some sort of procrastination block. When I last played, I had just gotten Dragonborn. I think my issue is that I probably need to once again go through my mods, and weed out the stuff I don't really want and get better versions of stuff I have, though I think I already did this (was why I waited to get Dragonborn, needed the mods to all update before I went through the task of rebuilding my list) so I should be able to just jump in.

Depending on what state I left it in, I also need to modify some of the ini files again because I was tinkering with the graphical options the game doesn't show you. For anyone interested, visit this site, it allows you to select the options and just copy the generated text rather than editing the files by hand. It allows for massively fine control over the game, and even setting it to be far more awesome than the game allows you to do though it's manu, as well as some options that just don't exist like the number of HAVOK threads the game uses (up to 12, if you have a dodeca core processor for some reason. I believe it's generaly advised to not go above your number of cores less one, so 3 for a quad, 5 for a hex and so on), and allowing it to use more memory and so on. Just remember you can't use the in game option screen if you do this, you have to change everything by editing the ini files. Opening the option screen will immediatly overwrite them to be normal, eliminating any special additions you made, like multiple HAVOK threads or setting the graphics all the way up to [bLEEP] YEAH!.

You can spend many many hours getting your mods, and tuning the game. It's kind of ridiculous, but also kind of cool.

Following up on that last Fire Emblem post, I managed to clear the DLC on my 4th try and have since learned two things about it.

First, there's a harder path unlocked by finishing the first wave of enemies in two turns or less. Second, I'm not ready for the hard path.

I'm putting money on my account tomorrow when Oracle of Seasons/Ages come to the Virtual Console, and I may get this with the leftovers. I feel like I may have to start a new game with the advantage of knowing exactly how all the children mechanics work if I have any hope of having units good enough to beat it.

p2gq.jpg

You can spend many many hours getting your mods, and tuning the game. It's kind of ridiculous, but also kind of cool.

I never touch the settings, but I think I've spent more time looking at mods than playing the game since getting the PC version. I had the 360 version before that, but after a while it kept freezing.

I'm putting money on my account tomorrow when Oracle of Seasons/Ages come to the Virtual Console, and I may get this with the leftovers. I feel like I may have to start a new game with the advantage of knowing exactly how all the children mechanics work if I have any hope of having units good enough to beat it.

It should be possible without too much optimisation, as far as the kids go, as long as you have Limit Breaker and capped stats. You can make up for any failings with multi-hit weapons (Brave/Waste/Cellica's Gale), a (spotpass) unit with rally skills, and some creative use of the rescue staff.

I managed to reach wave 4 with an army of mostly parents and fliers (or both), and I'm not particularly good at lunatic. It's still very hard, but there are ways around it if you didn't powergame.

Still playing New Vegas...going to start a new character, with 75% more mods.

I also got Terraria in a sale, but haven't gotten around to playing it.

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've never looked at mods for the fallout series. I think with Skyrim, the workshop just made it too easy for me (highlighted by the fact that I ignore the nexus entirely because spending hours on my mods doesn't mean I can't be lazy). I usually have to play a game for a while before the idea that there might even be mods really comes to me, so I never reach that point for many games.

For Skyrim I have kept it entirely graphical, and sadly unofficially patched, because Bethesda decided that they didn't need to do their job, and never bothered to finish patching any version of their game.

The only other game I have really extensivly modified is I think Star Trek Armada, with the incredible Star Trek vs Star Wars Mod where you can play as the Federation, Klingons, Rebels, or Galactic Empire (you can't build the death star as I recall, but the GE can build Super Star Destroyers). The mod comes with like 20x the number of ships for each team, and each one had 1000% weapons attached. It was pretty spectacular.

GTA IV as well I suppose. I have an extra game mode (play as police) attached at the moment.

Usually though, I just leave games alone.

I remeber with Skyrim I had like 4 mods. I was never a fan of modding games personally. I guess I'm just lame lol.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Been playing Sanctum 2 and its pixelly younger sibling Super sanctum TD. Both very absorbing games. Sanctum 2 brings great fps aspects to tower defence, probably better than orcs must die 2 imo. And I've found TD to be a wonderfully replayable game with nice graphics and great mechanics.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I remeber with Skyrim I had like 4 mods. I was never a fan of modding games personally. I guess I'm just lame lol.

The only reason I've been using mods is because I have no income and need Skyrim to last me a while longer. I have logged over 3000 hours on it, easily, and needed something to keep it fun. I would still be playing on my 360 if it didn't freeze so much. It's the only game I've ever modded, too.

And I've recently started playing Jetpack Joyride. It's fun, but I'm not good at it... at all.

• Like 1

Yeah sometimes mods are annoying. You have to make sure they're loaded in the proper order and if the game doesnt work correctly you have to figure it out; and then I lost my save because a mod caused it to corrupt and I had to start over. It's a shame, I liked the mod that was the problem.

Been playing Cry of Fear. It's a really good game, one of the few truly creepy games out there, and it doesn't rely much on jumpscares. I'm not far into it at all, but I'm really loving it so far. For some reason it actually feels nostalgic, it's a weird feeling. It's free on Steam if you want to try it.

Also, the menu music is so soothing. I've spent hours just sitting there listening to it on loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3SJXHotE1Y

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Orcale of Ages & Seasons on the 3DS store :D First zelda games I ever played, going through seasons first and then linking for the longer version of ages :)

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit just because I could borrow it from a friend for free and earn myself another platinum. :P

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The Amazing Adventures of Van Helsing. Very solid Diablo-esque game. Well worth the purchase.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Orcale of Ages & Seasons on the 3DS store :D First zelda games I ever played, going through seasons first and then linking for the longer version of ages :)

Have fun with goron dancing.

Mount & Blade: Warband. Nords for life 8-)

This is one I want to try. I've seen Zemalf play it on youtube, and it looks like it has a lovely combat system, as well as a nice economic simulator side to it. I just...need the time.

Dust 514. Surprisingly deep, and best of all, F2P. Reviews have smashed it, but seriously, it is way too deep to grasp it quickly. I love it.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Dust 514. Surprisingly deep, and best of all, F2P. Reviews have smashed it, but seriously, it is way too deep to grasp it quickly. I love it.

Where I play EVE online I've wanted to do DUST 514, but I do not have a PS3.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Mount & Blade: Warband. Nords for life 8-)

This is one I want to try. I've seen Zemalf play it on youtube, and it looks like it has a lovely combat system, as well as a nice economic simulator side to it. I just...need the time.

I strongly recommend it.

Rhodoks for life! Down with Feast-king Harlaus.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Full party of 70 Swadian Knights + Sword Sisters = Unstoppable on the battlefield. Also slaughter in a siege, but whatevs.

Also, came back to CoD 4:MW for half an hour and finally finished the campaign on Veteran.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Have fun with goron dancing.

I am also doing this very thing. I never had Ages as a kid though so I'm eager to continue on to that, though I've heard it isn't as good as Seasons.

I've got BioShock Infinite waiting for me to have time to play it . . .

p2gq.jpg