What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

She does look alike. And ive seen some other characters look alikes from those who have popular styles

Yeah, and apparently she wasn't too happy about it. Haha

Tg_Ibe.png

Game Dev Tycoon

Addicting, but really annoying with its inconsistency, even using the guide on the wiki. I have no idea how you're supposed to play without looking up info, since there's pretty much no feedback. It just never tells you what you did wrong, or even what you should do in the first place.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Damn GoG:

Sam and Max (Save the world, Beyond time and space and Devil's playhouse)

Planescape Torment

Baldur's gate 2

Pandemonium

Serious Sam 1 & 2

I have got a thing for Sams apparently, thankfully not Samsung lol

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

been trying to plat trophy the ratchet and clank collection. for r&c 1 I just need the 1 mill bolts (fun fun). r&c 2 I have some easy skill points and 3 more bolts (from the stupid annoying space races that I suck at). and r&c 3 I just need 2 more skill points from the quark comics

Ranqecaravan.png

BioShock Infinite: Bored me, didn't finish. /controversial opinion

Pushmo: Great game to pick up when I have a bit of time to kill. Puzzles are starting to get pretty difficult, too.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages: Finished Seasons, getting pretty deep into linked Ages, which is the one I've never played before.

Dead Space: Having a blast with this one. Not as scary as Slender, Zombi U, or Amnesia, but a fun game regardless.

p2gq.jpg

I'm back on Fallout 3 again. The amount of stuff I haven't experienced is amazing. I've played through it a lot of times and there's so much left to do.

A delivery of more new games is on its way, too. Sly Cooper Trilogy, Metal Gear Solid Collection, The Walking Dead, Saints Row III Complete and Fallout New Vegas, Ultimate Edition.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Up until recently when I realised the truth, I'd always said that Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas. But then I realised that it's not. They're both brilliant games and I love them so, but the amount of stuff New Vegas improves upon is... Well... High. I'll admit some things are worse, but on the whole, New Vegas is better. I think a lot of that may be because of the ridiculous amount of quests there are.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Partially also because the guys who made NV also had guys who made the old fallout 2, much of the stuff that works in NV are taken over from FO2 (Such as several character background stories, like the pilot in Novac, the Scientist outside of Lucky 38, the abandoned Highwayman, Crimson Caravans to name but a few).

But there are some complaints over the fact that EVERYTHING is so bloody crowded lol.

But the gems of the game are I believe the DLC's, I kind of played the DLC's in the wrong way round, and never really fully appreciated Ulysses until I played through most of the game and the DLCs.

Anyway, thoughts on Company of Heroes 2:

Controls are a little wonky at times, but otherwise I am quite impressed with the game so far (only 4 hours played)

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Bioshock Infinite (PS3), first introduction to the Bioshock franchise. Enjoying the challenge of my first play through on hard though

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Gave War Thunder a try, even though I am loathe to play a 'pay to win' game that I could definitely see taking my money at some point. I will give credit that really it's making your life easier (faster leveling), and a few bonus planes, but actual skill is pretty much always going to trump it, and I think blasting into higher levels against people who didn't pay to get there could be suicidal.

I've reaffirmed that if you don't hit the actual control surfaces, pilot, or engine in a biplane, their fabric skin really doesn't seem to care. They are surprisingly hard to shoot down. They can also fly really slowly and turn super tight, so as the fighters become better (and faster) it becomes suicidal to dogfight one if it has a worthy pilot. I imagine it's much worse in historical or realistic where the differences in planes would be much more pronounced, and even something like a zero would have to resort to boom-and-zoom and just keep charging it and getting away before their puny guns can return the favor.

I also don't like bombers. I like to get really close to my targets, and doing that to a bomber is tantamount to a head to head with a fighter, and you'll probably turn into a ball of fire. Bombers are also extremely durable, especially when I don't have my best plane.

Still, its a fun game. I appreciate the arcade mode, though I definitely want to get into at least historic, once I sort of work out aiming a bit more. And a bomber. I want a bomber. Wouldn't say no to manual gear either, that's come up at least once, though I like the guy I was trying to prevent from landing on our runway (with bullets) and ended up landing right next to him on my belly. It was kind of funny, since I both failed hard enough to hit the ground while chasing, and did it well enough to consider it a successful crash land.

Gave War Thunder a try, even though I am loathe to play a 'pay to win' game that I could definitely see taking my money at some point. I will give credit that really it's making your life easier (faster leveling), and a few bonus planes, but actual skill is pretty much always going to trump it, and I think blasting into higher levels against people who didn't pay to get there could be suicidal.

I've reaffirmed that if you don't hit the actual control surfaces, pilot, or engine in a biplane, their fabric skin really doesn't seem to care. They are surprisingly hard to shoot down. They can also fly really slowly and turn super tight, so as the fighters become better (and faster) it becomes suicidal to dogfight one if it has a worthy pilot. I imagine it's much worse in historical or realistic where the differences in planes would be much more pronounced, and even something like a zero would have to resort to boom-and-zoom and just keep charging it and getting away before their puny guns can return the favor.

I also don't like bombers. I like to get really close to my targets, and doing that to a bomber is tantamount to a head to head with a fighter, and you'll probably turn into a ball of fire. Bombers are also extremely durable, especially when I don't have my best plane.

Still, its a fun game. I appreciate the arcade mode, though I definitely want to get into at least historic, once I sort of work out aiming a bit more. And a bomber. I want a bomber. Wouldn't say no to manual gear either, that's come up at least once, though I like the guy I was trying to prevent from landing on our runway (with bullets) and ended up landing right next to him on my belly. It was kind of funny, since I both failed hard enough to hit the ground while chasing, and did it well enough to consider it a successful crash land.

trying it now, looks interesting

edit: having tried it a bit more, it's fun, but it doesn't seem much like an MMO

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So, yesterday was a bit shopping. So for my ps3 got *gasps* Far Cry 3, Batman Arkham City, God of War III, The Last of Us, The Journey Collectors' edition (on a disc, includes flOw and Flower).

So far played GoW, Batman and FC3. [bleep]ing awesome games.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Thomas Was Alone

This game. You guys. This. Game.

Buy it. Don't know how to describe it, just do. This is a better explanation than I could come up with.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I last bought GTA: San Andreas. The PC controls suck ass, but I have a controller I can use that gives me pretty much the same controls than the PS2 version. I definitely prefer how cheat codes are handled in the PS2 version than in the PC version, though. I wish there was a mod that changed the cheats to make them work the same way than on the PS2 version.

Fallout 3>>>>>>>>>>>Britney Spears>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Black Ops>>>>>>>>>>>> Steaming pile of broccoli>>>>>>>>>>>New Vegas>>>>>>>>>>>Nothing

Hey! Broccoli is good.

I last bought GTA: San Andreas. The PC controls suck ass, but I have a controller I can use that gives me pretty much the same controls than the PS2 version. I definitely prefer how cheat codes are handled in the PS2 version than in the PC version, though. I wish there was a mod that changed the cheats to make them work the same way than on the PS2 version.

Fallout 3>>>>>>>>>>>Britney Spears>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Black Ops>>>>>>>>>>>> Steaming pile of broccoli>>>>>>>>>>>New Vegas>>>>>>>>>>>Nothing

Hey! Broccoli is good.

I hate broccoli... and I still would have placed it above Black Ops and Halo 3... And Fallout 3, for that matter. But not Britney!

Haven't bought any new games in a while, but I am seriously considering Oblivion and Morrowind on PC. Both combined will only cost about $27, with all DLC. I just need to find some credit card access.

Journey.

One [bleep]ing word,

One freaking experience.

If you own a PS3, a must.

It is awailable on a disc.

But the real magic comes online.

And the less you know about the game, the better.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Borderlands 2, while similarities between BL1 and BL2 certainly exist (Obnoxious Catch-a-ride voice, the super heavy make-up bar-owning mother, and BL1 character comebacks), BL2 certainly is a tier harder in terms of actual combat.

Or maybe because I simply suck at using a Mechromancer...

tim_chenw2.png

War Thunder has the grinding, but no, I would never consider it an MMO proper. The devs also scare me, or the community does. On the one hand, the game is nothing short of spectacular, if not as detailed as a game like IL-2 Sturmovik. That said, there are definitely concerns that Russia is being massively favored by the Russian developer for the Russian player base, and that gives me pause when considering to give them money. If they aren't going to ultimately balance the game, and it's not clear that they ever will, I don't really want to fund that. I'll not pay someone to ruin what could be such an amazing game, I want to be convinced that they are good devs first. And right now the community is very us versus them, and that scares me a bit.

My latest aquisition is Alpha Protocol, proving once again that if your game was made this side of 2000, all you have to do to make me want to buy it is convinced One F Jef (Jefmajor) to play it on youtube. I melted like butter, though to be fair the game is legitimately spectacular. It has an actual decision system with actual impact. Where a game like Mass Effect has a very clear cut morality system, and a very linear story (you can achieve things different ways, but by and large the story unfolds with the same general events). I suppose this does too, but I am given to understand that the choices have a lot more ramifications, and it's not always easy to see them coming. There is no morality system, only consequences, and the consequences aren't weighted to any type of player. There is no universal good either, different people respond differently to the different types of choices (suave, aggressive, and professional are the main 3, with occasional bonus options). I just find that the role playing aspect has gotten a lot better.

As for the game itself, it's oddly flexible between stealth and strait up shooter. I try to be stealthy, but I lack the patience (why I don't play actual stealth games), so I'll be going all silent one minute, and the next it's hit the fan and I'm involved in what feels like a small war. I also dislike leaving people behind me, so even being super stealth, I usually perform takedowns. I think I have created nearly 500 orphans so far, even using non leathal take downs and the occasional tranq ammo (because this game tracks that!). Anyway, it's an oddly flexible game that lends itself easily to role playing.

The one thing to watch out for is that the PC port is a bit strange. As far as I can tell, it works on a technical level just fine, unlike a game like GTA4. But the user interface is odd, with things like right clicking to reverse menues rather than escape (which is actually really nice once you adapt to it), and there is a hacking minigame where you move something with your mouse, but can also see your mouse on screen and they don't synch up, which can be odd at first. Also, one of the hacking games is considered to be quite difficult. I struggled at first, but my brain is well trained and I can get it now. But you have to find the numbers that aren't changing in an array of numbers that are, and it takes a while to be able to spot them I find. If you suck at it, there are ways around it, but it's definatley more fun if you don't need to rely on them.

Have you played The Witcher series?

That game has the best morality system I have ever seen.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc