What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

All FF games are very standalone, IE you do NOT need to play any of the games in any order, except:

FF X-2, you'll need to play X to know a couple of background stories (AFAIK)

and FF XIII, it has 3 parts: XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning returns

Beyond that, none of the different number FF have anything to do with each other (to the point where it's hard to determine whether they even take place in the same universe, but there are lot of common elements, such as Spirit names like Bahamut, Leviatan, Shiva etc, and spell names.

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

All FF games are very standalone, IE you do NOT need to play any of the games in any order, except:

FF X-2, you'll need to play X to know a couple of background stories (AFAIK)

and FF XIII, it has 3 parts: XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning returns

Beyond that, none of the different number FF have anything to do with each other (to the point where it's hard to determine whether they even take place in the same universe, but there are lot of common elements, such as Spirit names like Bahamut, Leviatan, Shiva etc, and spell names.

And in my opinion that what makes the games good. Could you imagine in order to get the story for all of the games you had to play all of them?

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I bought CIV 5 after hearing so many great things about it, and honestly was disappointed.

Last Civ game I played was civ 2, and civ 5 just felt weird and unwieldy, can't have multiple units on one square, the menus are more complex to navigate through, and you can't fortify units inside a city?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You can, just move your units ontp the city and tell them to fortify (the same button as you would fortify units outside of the city to heal), that's basically fortifying a city with a unit, the attack strength of the city will take any units within the city into account. (Ranged units can also attack units outside of the city while inside the city, and they cannot be harmed while the city is intact, but automatically dies if the city falls).

They changed Civ 5 unit count because units are not killed straight off in single attacks anymore (unless of course your unit grossly overpower theirs, like Death Robot VS Bowman).

Lastly, they only recently changed to the hexagonal map layout in Civ 5, every civ before this have been squares, which may account for the weird feeling.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

• 2 weeks later...

Booted up Infamous 2 after having it on my shelf for over 2months unplayed. Was very impressed actually. The story isn't as strong as in Infamous 1, but the graphics and gameplay are really out of this world. Definitely a solid improvement from the first game, and well worth checking out if you like open-world 3rd person action games.

-Even the side missions are fun =0 -

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. It's a standalone game from Far Cry 3 and it basically references everything that was awesome about the 80s/90s along with blatant sarcasm about video games in general. It feels and plays like a better version of Far Cry 3.

"It's a bow. Seriously, if you need a description of what a bow does, maybe you should stop playing. Maybe read a dictionary. People who don't know what bows are get shot in the eyeballs. 'But a bow isn't the future,' you're whining. That's why we put neon on it, because neon is the future. Hence, this is the bow of the future.

C400 is the latest in plastic explosives. Created by a Kindergarten teacher who discovered that cheap clay exploded when exposed to sweat and children's laughter, C400 has since become a disappointment worldwide.

I better not have to collect any flags.

Rex: This is stupid, but at least it is better than collecting feathers.

Rex: I better not have to collect any feathers.

Blooddragonwdud.jpg

• Like 1

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Lol. More games need comedy like that.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The Humble Origin Bundle.

Just five bucks for Dead Space, Dead Space 3, Crysis 2 maximum, Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, The Sims 3 + Starter pack and Burnout Paradise Ultimate Pack.

Say, bit better than the Steam sale?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Not if it means having Origin installed.

You can get Steam keys for all but Dead Space 3, so it's not too bad. My tiny tiny urge to play Dead Space 3 is vastly outstripped by my desire to not have Origin on my computer, though.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Ya know, I was gonna buy Far Cry 3 tonight, but I think I might wait for a complete collection-type thing. Gonna pre-order GTA V and buy the Journey collection thing (with Flow and Flower) and either Demons Souls or Just Cause 2 tonight.

Started Saints Row The Third again, this time on PS3. So good. I love the ridiculouslessness every now and again.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Journey is a must-have. I have the collectors' edition aswell.

And why is Origin so bad?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Last 2 games i got was gta san andreas for the ps2 and animal crossing new leaf for the 3ds (which happens to be my first animal crossing game) yeah i know an odd combination of games lol.

Ive been playing both alot though i did have san andreas before but it broke.

I got really addicted to animal crossing trying to collect pretty much everything that you can collect in the game unfortunately that leads up to my house being so full i can't put anything in it anymore so im trying to get enough bells to expand it.

Though right now i only play once in a while to check on my town,earn some bells and possibly add some more exhibits to the museum :3

Zlinqx.png
I could write something clever or witty down here but i'm too lazy to do that.

If you're bored check out my youtube channel i post videos of playing browser and retro games:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOkjD5iYUrhBeYP6eg4HHuQ

Europa Universalis IV

I was about to skip over this game, but, after reading the development diaries I got convinced.

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Just started digging through my GTA games, but I decided starting with 4 was a good idea, and other than that I only have a vague recollection of 1.

Did I just ruin my entire GTA series? :P

tim_chenw2.png

Just started digging through my GTA games, but I decided starting with 4 was a good idea, and other than that I only have a vague recollection of 1.

Did I just ruin my entire GTA series? :P

If you're me, then yes.

My biggest problem with previous 3D titles are the AI traffic limitations. Their set path doesn't allow them to pull around you if you pull over to the side of the road, and they don't obey physics, ignoring things like a vehicles maximum speed or handling characteristics in turns, and sometimes it's really obvious that traffic is cheating. In this respect, GTA 4 is much more immersive than previous titles.

I do however miss the planes, being able to tow trailers with big rigs (this has only ever been in 2 and SA from the games I have played, which is all the PC ones from 2 onwards). Things like that. Also, I prefer the SA map, it has more than just a city, which can get sort of boring.

I also find the story a bit more flushed out, and the wiring to be a step up. Not that I have anything against the previous titles here, I am easy to please.

All that said, I still like to goof off in SA, partly because it actually has the police off cheat, which means I can role play (I have a mod for that in GTA 4 which allows me to actually arrest people and stuff when I am being the police). Also all the planes, and varied terrain. VC is fun too, I love the easter eggs. I do not love GTA 3 though...it can be quite annoying I find. 3 more than any other has hostility issues. If you beat the game, most areas of the map are extremely hostile. VC toned it down a lot, and SA toned it down further. 4 has no gangs though, so no area of the map ever becomes hostile to you, which I love.

Oh man, GTA III was brutal. Saint Marks? Don't even think about it. I remember I was pretty damn happy when I got a Mafia Sentinel to my safehouse without dying. Also down near the hospital on Staunton Island was unforgiving with the cartel (And in Shoreside Vale, but that place was a mess with its roads going everywhere and nowhere, hated that island). No fun. Little Haiti in Vice City was tolerable, however. I made the map nice and green in Los Santos, though, so that wasn't a problem, apart from those two tiny sections I could never get any gang members in, so I couldn't get a gang war going.

Still loved all three games, though.

Anyway, speaking of GTA, I pre-ordered V the other night, $89. COME ON AUSTRALIA WHY GAME SO EXPENSIVE YOU SUCK. Don't care though, I'm so excited for that game. I also bought the new Most Wanted at the same time, and that arrived this morning, half an hour before I went to work, so I'm only getting to play it in a second. I'll let you know how it goes. Not well. 2GB download. Tomorrow.

#rpgformod

Wow, that's super expensive. The most expensive I have ever seen in Canada is I think Mech Assault for $72 for the xbox. Or so my memory tells me. Games have gotten cheaper than that though, now release price tops out at $60.

I'm still not even sure that GTA 5 will exist on PC, or if I want (assuming they do port it). Aside from the affront to the porting gods that is GTA 4, the whole group of 3 people that you can switch between has me really turned off from the game. The only thing worse than playing a GTA game as anything but the driver, is being part of a group. That and from what I can remember, I am going to have the same problem as in Lost and the Damned where I can't relate to one of the characters. I can't relate to the biker culture, and the authority issues, and the society is out to get me thing.

I'm also going to say that I don't like using motorcycles in general in the game, because I drive like a lunatic, and thus get hurt. I'm also not a fan of hogs in any sense; I very much prefer the wrist rockets in every way.

I am withholding final judgement though, even if I don't sound like it. I'm definitely skeptical, and I'm definitely going to investigate this one before I consider spending money on it, but I am also optimistic that it's not the disaster (to me) that has formed in my head (the last time I read about it was awhile ago too, so I might have old information). I really hope I don't hate any of the characters though. I can't get through another GTA game with a charecter I don't like (actually, I still haven't beaten lost and the damned. I've done 4 two or three times, Gay Tony two times, and Damned is just over half).

So I just bought 3 games to add to my collection of "Game I'll never Finish", all used. Dead Island, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, both PS3 and Chrono Trigger for the DS. I feel myself finishing Dead Island and Chrono Trigger thou, but not sure if I should have picked up Star Wars for free.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Most Wanted is pretty solid. Not too far in yet, and definitely a departure from the NFS games I know and love (Underground 2, (Original) Most Wanted and Carbon (And PSP Carbon)), but definitely enjoyable. The police chases are the same as ever, fun for about two minutes, then they get dreadful, I spent around five minutes just driving around this fancy circle sculpture. I'll play a bit more later.

Been back into Saints Row: The Third as well, and you know I'm enjoying it. Silly and brilliant. Last mission I did was where you take over the penthouse (Still very early in the game), and skydive in to the sounds of Power. One of the best moments in the entire game. Perfect soundtrack.

And I'm still in my New Vegas playthrough, as well, one DLC left and a bunch of sidequests and the final couple of missions for an Independent New Vegas.

• Like 1

#rpgformod

As of late...all I've been playing is eve online. The corp I am in is taking a new direction to try and live back in low security space. Hopefully here in the next few months we will make our jump back.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

morrowind - so much weirder than other TES games (in a good way). very irritating game to play, despite the interesting setting. i can definitely see why i didn't get far when i first bought it like 7 years ago.

saint's row the third - i got about halfway through playing co-op a year ago or so, and i decided to give it another bash since i have a better computer. it's fun as hell even in singleplayer, and i don't think i've ever found myself standing in a safehouse or whatever thinking "man i'm bored there's nothing to do". i'm feeling like i might even 100% it, which will make it the first game i've 100%ed since... san andreas, i think?

it's definitely cemented my decision to buy saint's row IV, once i find out a way to get the uncensored version.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men