What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Never imagined I would like Killzone 3. But I do. Pretty solid game.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Just restarted playing Saints Row the third after abandoning it after the first mission, while I was playing it, I didn't appreciate the fact how outrageous it was until I looked back on the mission, I just finished act 1 and made some progress into Act 2.

I think I enjoyed driving a Tank the most.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Decided to finally build my ultimate world in Minecraft. Forgot how fun and addictive that game was.

o4qq.png

My Pure F2P Blog: CLICK ME

6th Maintainer of the Pure F2P Highscores / The Top 250 F2P Skill Total Lists : May 16th, 2012 - March 30th, 2014.

In the process of downloading Dragon Age Origins. The second one looks like it has been Mass Effected (and I already own Mass Effect thanks), and this is the sort of game where I find the phrase "simplified combat system" to be legitimately terrifying. I've seen the first games combat system in action, and it's already perfectly suited to my tastes. Anyway, the first game, Origins, looks like a blast, so try it I will.

Been playing Madden NFL '13. Bought it for a friend for a holiday present and working on the platinum before I give it to him ("m a platinum [bleep]).

I'm really excited for Watch Dogs and the PS4 in general. Hopefully it will satisfy my desire for an open world shooter where I can spend hours causing trouble.

Assassin's Creed/Skyrim's combat is boring. The Jagers are the only challenging part and after awhile I figured out how to basically kill them until I get bored. Assassin's Creed multi-player annoys me beyond belief. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon while fun gets tedious after awhile also. /rant

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I've played a bit of Dragon Age now. I might yet reverse my stance on the second game, we'll see. So far I love the game, just fantastic. My only gripe is that nothing says how much damage it does, or at least, none of the spells (the healing one doesn't say how much it heals either), and it's driving me nuts. I diud observe that the base ice spell seems to do more damage than the base lightning spell, which kind of highlights the need for a damage stat since that defies the usual fantasy convention where cold spells are the weakest (because the freezing effect is kind of awesome). I will have to see if I can dig up some damage tables.

I looked it up, and the game seems to use three different damage formulas. It is good to know that generally, ice does the most damage, then fire, then lightning (as I said, backwards), but now that I've seen it, they don't list damage because it's not really that important. I'd still prefer that it was all listed, but it doesn't look like the game will pull a Diablo 2 where abilities become entirely useless at higher levels.

The concept that I am having trouble wrapping my head around is how mage combat is supposed to flow. The spells are often more useful in a tactical role than as damage buffs (you have a base magical attack, if you are holding a staff), though some are just damage. I'm not used to that flow, more of a fire everything as fast as you can.

The one that is a bit of a pain for me are the specializations. It's awesome if you play through the game a lot, since unlocks carry over. But the first time through, the unlocks are either extremely expensive, or mid to late game depending on if you read ahead a bit (I just looked to see which main quest lines I would need to do). I want to gain the ability to use armour easily (I forget the name, it allows you to use magic as your strength stat), and spirit healer (which can only be bought) because they have much better healing magic (like group heal). Still loving the game though, particularly the story. They got good writing, voice talent, and music, and it really adds some depth to it as well.

I'm going for 100%/Platinum trophy in Saints Row The Third now. I've taken the city, beat all the missions and distractions, bought all of the shops. Only pretty much all of Saintsbook left, which comprises of a lot of assassinations and car thefts, and A LOT of silly challenges. I've done around 10 through normal gameplay, but jeez, this is gonna take a bit.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just started Saints row 4, wanted to see what it was like before I go and complete SR3 completely. If you think the last mission in the Johnny tag quest line is fun, SR4 is full of it.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

After my attempt at Saints Row The Third 100%, which I left unfinished, and just remembered that I never did the Genkibowl missions, I've been jumping around playing games to tide me over until the release of GTA V.

First of all I finished off The Walking Dead, and oh man, oh man, oh man. I was three episodes in for a long time, waiting for the right time to play it, and that was when I had the time to sit down and play the entire episode in one sitting. So good, and definitely worthy of its many GOTY titles.

[hide=Some Walking Dead Story Spoilers]

I won't lie, I teared up a little at the ending. Knew it was coming, but it still got to me. I didn't know Kenny was done for though, and that messed me up a little too. I'll definitely buy the second season when it comes out on PS3. Such a good experience.

Major choices I made:
1. Saved Carley over Doug.

2. Helped Kenny kill Larry, somewhat regrettably.

3. Helped Omid. He had a broken leg, how was I to know she was pregnant?

4. Revealed the bit, obviously, and everyone went with me to find Clem.

5. Cut my arm off, Clem killed the stranger and I made Clem shoot me.

Also, why didn't Lee tell anyone about Chuck and why didn't anyone care? He was a good bloke. I mean, they would have found him when they went to the hospital, but yeah.[/hide]

Next I re-played God of War: Chains of Olympus. Still an excellent game, got it on PSP on release, or my closest birthday to there and loved it to death. Excellent story, loads of fun, I've finished it multiple times, but played through it again, this time on PS3 in the Origins Collection, which I mostly got for:

God of War: Ghost of Sparta. I saw this cheap around a lot on PSP, but I didn't ever have the intense want to get it, so when I found the Origins collection on PS3, I added it to my pile of games I might buy on this visit to this game store. Enjoyed it greatly, so much so that I powered through it in a matter of days. Some aspects of it were quite disappointing, as in, I only ever used one of the magic powers, because Thera's Bane+Athena's Blades was so powerful, and the fact that I didn't die once during the final boss. But past that, awesome stuff. Playing through these two has made me excited to get Ascension, and if I see it on my next trip to a game store, I'll pick it up, or I'll add it to any orders I do online.

But, after I finished those two I was without a game, and this is where Sleeping Dogs comes in. I've played through it before, and I think I enjoy it more this time, this time I'm doing all the side missions and doing absolutely everything. At the moment I'm building up face so I can buy better looking clothes. I'm not looking forward to two points in the game, and one of them is in the next mission. Two depressing moments that I don't want to relive. Awesome game, awesome feel. Get it.

Now hurry up, GTA V.

#rpgformod

Got Lego Star Wars III for DS because it was $13 and I hadn't played it. Finished Portal, haven't started Portal 2 yet. Got Magicka on the Amazon sale and it's a fun little game if a bit lacking in certain features (some of the controls/gameplay you have to figure out on your own). But I got The Doctor as DLC for $0.25 so that's cool. Also recently achieved gold statue in Plants vs Zombies.

/my really lame gaming

Dexter: The Game

A good iPhone game turned into a meh PC game. Still better than expected, though.

Edit: Been playing Outlast today. Unfortunately it's mostly jumpscares, but it is nicely atmospheric, and I like how you're encouraged to document what you're seeing. It feels like I'm creating my own found footage film.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Finished SR4

[hide]

Achieved 100% simulation hack, working on getting the challenges now.

[/hide]

The game does a feel a little short compared to SR3, since in SR4 if you completed all of the side missions, you'd be pretty close to, if not already, achieving what's inside the hide tag, completing SR3 doesn't bring you remotely close to 100%. But then again this is can be a good thing, since at least you know there is a good reason for doing all that stuff lol.

Bought Tomb raider collection, starting on the latest one now, but the shakey camera is giving me a motion sickness lol (I hope it's not as bad as Bioshock).

tim_chenw2.png

Finally finished Fallout New Vegas after making 3 different characters. I've had the game for 2 years, I'd start it up and then stop playing, come back and start a new character.

I was really bummed when the game just stops after you finish the final mission. I understand why they couldn't let you go on, but it was incredibly disappointing. I've just been going around to all the locations that I missed from a save right before the end mission.

Considering going out and buying GTA5 tomorrow, never had a GTA before so I'll see some reactions on /v/ and decide from there.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

gonna wait out on GTA V, since I literally cannot play it at the moment (No console, and GTA V has no PC version).

tim_chenw2.png

Finally finished Fallout New Vegas after making 3 different characters. I've had the game for 2 years, I'd start it up and then stop playing, come back and start a new character.

I was really bummed when the game just stops after you finish the final mission. I understand why they couldn't let you go on, but it was incredibly disappointing. I've just been going around to all the locations that I missed from a save right before the end mission.

Considering going out and buying GTA5 tomorrow, never had a GTA before so I'll see some reactions on /v/ and decide from there.

Which faction did you side with in Fallout? Just curious.

#rpgformod

I'm actually surprised that here isn't a separate GTA V thread. Anyways, I have it and it is massive. The character switch is a great mechanic, even though I even haven't unlocked all three characters yet. And god how I want that iFruit.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

^ that explains your lack of blog post two days ago... in a good way

Goddamit why isn't GTA V on PC...

tim_chenw2.png

Which faction did you side with in Fallout? Just curious.

I went with Mr House.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!