What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

Well, I restarted Mass Effect 1. Much more into it this time. Gonna dedicate a good bit of tomorrow playing it. I'm playing the "good" guy. Maybe in another play through I'll try the ruthless route.

[hide]Maybe this time I can keep Wrex alive. I find him to be hilarious.[/hide]

[hide]In ME2 his role is more of a Cameo, but in 3, especially in citadel, he is priceless[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Finished it yesterday. Unfortunately, I rushed the main plot of the game because I was excited about it that I didn't spend much time doing side assignments and exploring. I liked it. I'm excited to play the second because there will be better graphics. And I'm excited to see what they do with the plot.

[hide]Was able to keep Wrex alive with my Charm. I wanted to do his personal side mission, but it seemed like once you completed the mission on Virmire, you no longer could (I tried all the dialogue options I think). Oh well.

I laughed my ass off when I got with what's-her-face. I chose a dialogue option that was definitely flirty for shits and giggles, and then finding out that it lead to other stuff was funny as hell. I was like, "No shit! I'm definitely not passing this up!"

Was surprised at the end that I was able to Charm my way out of fighting Saren. Wasn't expecting him to shoot himself.[/hide]

On to ME2 today.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Finished it yesterday. Unfortunately, I rushed the main plot of the game because I was excited about it that I didn't spend much time doing side assignments and exploring. I liked it. I'm excited to play the second because there will be better graphics. And I'm excited to see what they do with the plot.

[hide]Was able to keep Wrex alive with my Charm. I wanted to do his personal side mission, but it seemed like once you completed the mission on Virmire, you no longer could (I tried all the dialogue options I think). Oh well.

I laughed my ass off when I got with what's-her-face. I chose a dialogue option that was definitely flirty for shits and giggles, and then finding out that it lead to other stuff was funny as hell. I was like, "No shit! I'm definitely not passing this up!"

Was surprised at the end that I was able to Charm my way out of fighting Saren. Wasn't expecting him to shoot himself.[/hide]

On to ME2 today.

[hide] I am very nearly positive that I did his loyalty quest after Virmire, since I had the Charm I needed to stand him down, but I cannot remember what exactly was the trigger for his quest[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

That may be something I'll just need to look up. I thought I could just trigger it by talking to him on the ship at any time.

Played a little of ME2. I'm mad cause the controls are different. And the weapons don't have unlimited ammo. :(

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[hide] A random fact about ME3 and Wrex:

If you are, somehow, wanting to aim for the highest EMS in ME3, it is actually better to let Wrex die, since you only lose 5 EMS (Wreav gives 10, Wrex gives 15), but you can double cross Wreav to get (and keep) EMS from both Krogans and Salarians. Can't do that with Wrex as he will find out about the double cross and withdraw Krogan's EMS (and his, since you kill him).

[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png

That may be something I'll just need to look up. I thought I could just trigger it by talking to him on the ship at any time.

Played a little of ME2. I'm mad cause the controls are different. And the weapons don't have unlimited ammo. :(

I was...displeased with the weapons (and armor) in ME2. To go from the overwhelming variety (even if there were only a handful of models with lots of reskins) of both to almost zero variety was a shock for me. I also dislike carrying heavy weapons around because they clip into your other back weapons and it seems sloppy to me to do that (in ME3, you can only find heavy weapons and have to use them or drop them, you can't carry them on your back anymore). There are also points to the plot that I don't like (broadly speaking, I dislike the 'hero is no longer trusted by their friends and allies' plot arc be it games, novels, or movies/TV shows. This is why I have never re watched a season of 24, and likely never will).

That said, I do like the combat in ME2 more than ME3, and the final game adds the variety back into the game, on a more manageable scale, while keeping the combat system from the second game.

Started playing Diablo III again and picked up the expansion. The only problem I still really have with this game is steep exponential progression that levels give you. I've been playing a bit with a clanmate from another game, but we can't play the charecters we started together on our own at all because if they become more than a couple levels off, the higher level is going to hilariously outclass the lower level in damage output. On the extreme end, my top charecter is currently a level 60 (10 paragon) wizard with a 1300 DPS weapon for around 53,000 actual DPS. His is a level 70 (192) wizard with a 2,300 DPS weapon and he does 950,000 damage per second. His massively higher paragon level and a weapon that is nearly twice as good as mine is obviously a large part of that, but I'd say a significant portion of that disparity is coming from the fact that his wizard has 10 levels on mine. I find it gives the game a very multiplayer hostile vibe if you are trying to play a charecter with someone else, and I actually had to make a Crusader that I could advance in single player because what I actually need is a strengh based charecter who can regularly find strength enhancing weapons to equip my wizards follower (the big downside to the new drop system). Of course, my Crusader has found maybe one non Crusader only shield in all of Act 1, so that's a problem (I need shields, amulets, and rings too), but I should be able to at least find something in a store.

On the upside, both the Crusader and Barbarian are just hilarious and fun to play as. Leap and Whirlwind never cease to amuse me as a barbarian, and the Crusader for all his defensive focus is an absolute powerhous. Like, considering just bumping him up to nightmare for act 2 on his first run because he is just dominating, though not as badly as my Barbarian and my friends Monk in multiplayer, or the complete roflstomp that was the end of act 3 and all of act 4 with my wizard on Nightmare after finding the legendary madness wand (the one that laughs at you when you die and boosts disintigration by 25%). I killed the Act 3 final boss in maybe 20 seconds. I cleared all of act 4 in 40 minutes. It was a total slaughter.

Well one of the ways I solved that problem was playing wizard on lower difficulties (and gearing her up) while getting the crafting recipes (they drop quite often), the one that is especially useful is the Heavenly one, as that one gives weapons for all classes AND shield in 1 recipe drop. To make gear for the Paladin, make a strength based character and craft the items you want on him (there isn't really any need to play strength characters just to get strength gear for your follower).

Although the learning curve is still quite steep, it is nowhere near the level of hell-inferno jump, nor are you forced to take the deep end of that curve just to gear.

tim_chenw2.png

Xbox Live runs out on the 25th I think... So I'm debating not renewing it and maybe getting into CSGO. I'll suck, but I hear it's become pretty popular with all the crates and gun skins you can get from them.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Yeah, I realized I could just use the strength charect for crafting. I am however having a lot of fun with my Crusader, who might become my primary character. I guess I'm just having more fun charging into a fight and being in the thick of it than I was shooting into the fight from afar.

Been getting kinda bored of CoD the last 2 or 3 days. I've been playing it for almost 3 weeks straight now. Decided to switch things up this morning and played some Diablo 3 (on XBox). First 3 "lobbies" i got into had at least 3 hackers in (people using modded gear that put them at like 4m DPS (which is insanely high for console considering my Wizard had 900k DPS with pretty much "max" gear). So they end up 1-hitting everything which is just play stupid and ruins the fun. Finally managed to get into a game that was clean. I'm still trying to get a few items to finish off my Monk (Won Khim Lau) before i get my copy of RoS (19th August). 

I've still got a ton of games on my PC that i either haven't finished or started, but soon as i decide to play it the thought of playing a Single Player game just demotivates me.

Think i might stick to D3 for a few days and see if i get lucky.

I have been playing a lot of random games lately. Some Skyrim, Audiosurf, Eufloria, Cloudbuilt, Universe Sandbox and some of my gamecube emulator I have.

I am taking a break from eve online and currently working on getting my main toon into a carrier. It'll be around 60 more days before I can get into one...and about 120 days before I can fly it efficiently

I am wanting to get back into Starbound. Fell in love with the game about as quick as I fell out of love with it. Should be a fun game to play for a few weeks :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

That Planet Explorers game on Steam looks kinda cool. Doubt I'll buy it because even with the discount, I don't know if I'd play it enough to make it work the money.

Continuing to work on ME2. Got used to the new combat system and controls, so I'm having a lot of fun with it. The story is interesting so far. I've also taken the time to do a lot of side assignments.

For those of you who have played through it, do resources on planets ever restock? Or is there basically a limited amount in the game and you have to spend it wisely?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

For those of you who have played through it, do resources on planets ever restock? Or is there basically a limited amount in the game and you have to spend it wisely?

There is a limited amount, but that amount is so arbitrarily large that you can still afford everything several times over. Credits are probably the bigger bottleneck, but you should be fine regardless.

Fallout 1.

It's hard to get into at first, weird controls, a lack of clear instructions (Which I'm fine with), and things being all over the place. But the second everything clicks, and you get used to the controls, it gets super awesome. All of my problems are nitpicks and completely forgivable anyway, due to the fact it was released in 1997. Even that doesn't even matter, because the story/lore is so good. I think I mostly just enjoy it because of the lore.

• Like 2

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

One of the very first games that got me hooked onto RPG's

tim_chenw2.png

For those who have played ME2

[hide]Just hit the part where everyone leaves the Normandy and you play as Joker while the Collectors take everyone on the ship. That was pretty crazy. I was super sad cause I saw Kelly Chambers being dragged away, and she's my favorite. I wish you could have a bigger romance with her (I've done as much as I can flirting with her). Now I just have to settle for Miranda, who I find pretty annoying anyway. But Tali and Jack don't interest me at all, and neither does Samara.

Anyway, stuff is picking up. Super stoked about adding Legion to the crew. He seems super badass. I just hope in future missions I can use him. Legion, Grunt, and I are gonna tear shit up!![/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[hide]Just hit the part where everyone leaves the Normandy and you play as Joker while the Collectors take everyone on the ship. That was pretty crazy. I was super sad cause I saw Kelly Chambers being dragged away, and she's my favorite. I wish you could have a bigger romance with her (I've done as much as I can flirting with her). Now I just have to settle for Miranda, who I find pretty annoying anyway. But Tali and Jack don't interest me at all, and neither does Samara.

Anyway, stuff is picking up. Super stoked about adding Legion to the crew. He seems super badass. I just hope in future missions I can use him. Legion, Grunt, and I are gonna tear shit up!![/hide]

[hide] You could have, provided you have saved her from the abductors, also under a rather specific condition: you have to go to the collector's base immediately after the abduction. If you complete any missions before that, you will not be able to. the reason I shall let you discover.

And yes, you can use Legion as a squadmate. It also gives possibility of a much better ending for a few races in ME3 if you activated legion, which you did.[/hide]

tim_chenw2.png

[hide] You could have, provided you have saved her from the abductors, also under a rather specific condition: you have to go to the collector's base immediately after the abduction. If you complete any missions before that, you will not be able to. the reason I shall let you discover.

And yes, you can use Legion as a squadmate. It also gives possibility of a much better ending for a few races in ME3 if you activated legion, which you did.[/hide]

[hide]Shoot. I didn't go to the collector's base immediately after because I wanted to activate Legion before. Awww man.[/hide]

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[hide]I managed to revert to a save before I did Tali's loyalty mission. I did her mission again, and the first time I did this, once I got back to the ship, I used the Galaxy map and it triggered the Joker scene . This time, I went and activated Legion and got his loyalty mission (instead of activating him after Joker's thing). So now, when I went to the Galaxy map, it allowed me to travel to his mission. I'm super happy.[/hide]

EDIT: Finished the game. I enjoyed it a lot. I went to see how much ME3 is. Sucks that I can't buy it on Steam. I was looking on Amazon and it was getting pretty bad reviews compared to the previous two. Is it really that bad? Or am I going to play it and be disappointed?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |