What Game(s) Did You Last Get and What Are You Playing?

runescapeloser22

What I got was a legendary prisoner I am in no way equipped to deal with properly, and a lot of prisoners and a few guards have died because he starts a fight almost every day, and the only solution seems to be losing half my guards or opening fire. I choose to let the prisoners die, not my staff.

Once the prison is done I will have a super max wing that is isolated and can deal with this kind of prisoner.

Legendary prisoners are brutal. They constantly get in fights, and will leap right off the doctor's table for another go. If you come up with a procedure for dealing with yours, do share.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

their own nearly self sufficient wing is your best bet. since there's no way to feed prisoners in their cells yet, you just need to minimise their contact with anyone unnecessary (so just armed guards and cooks). they get their own perimeter wall section patrolled by armed guards, every door a solitary door except for the entrance/exit and the kitchen, those are remote doors. kitchen not attached to canteen, an armed guard inside, but not in any narrow spaces where the prisoner can get close to him.

that's my strategy that sometimes works. his regime is p. much all lockup/sleep except for an hour of showering and an hour of eating at breakfast and dinner.

• Like 1

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Discovered Dragon Age: Origins.

Miles and miles ahead of its sequel. A truly great game so far, much better than the second one. Though I have to admit the second had a lot more flowing combat...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I am a good ways through Dragon Age Origins on my first go, and have logged like 105 hours on that game. Whether or not I am simply the slowest player at this sort of game is up for debate, but I am having a blast (steam might also have goofed the time played or something, because that seems a little too long).

My plan for the super max wing is pretty much what Nine outlined. As my prison grows, I will be building a new kitchen in a position where I can have a separate entrance to the super max wing, and I'll use a timed door to isolate a small section of the canteen for supermax use around the times they will be using it. They will also have their own shower, yard, and so on. I like the idea of giving them all solitary doors. I am unsure if I want to patrol it at all. Normal guards can't deal with them, and same for dogs. But if I put in armed guards, a deadly can take them out and go on a shooting spree, so I was thinking that I might suck up the costs and just send the armed guards in shooting whenever they get in trouble. I'll see when I get to that point I suppose, but my prison is at least 100 grand away from starting construction on the super max wing. Protective custody will be done last.

• 3 weeks later...

Farming Simulator 15, because apparently I am becoming a boring person. I don't care much for the farming, but I do like the forestry enough that the game was worth a buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

I feel that each successive Borderlands game has improved upon the previous. Playing as Wilhelm and BL2 will never be the same. RIP Wilhelm. I'm loving it, though. Except for the fact that every character is gay for whatever reason. I have no problem with gay people, it's just thrown in there for no reason. Like the writers decided, hey, we should shoehorn as many gay people into this game to appeal to the gay audience, and make mention of it at every corner. But that minor point aside, it's Borderlands, it's better, I love it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Got myself into the closed alpha test for World of Warships, and am hoping to get into closed beta for Armoured Warfare (that one is a lottery draw). I've never had the chance to play a game so early in production before (I've done closed beta for WarThunder Ground Forces and Elder Scrolls Online), and it's certainly an experience (in a good way).

Shadow of Mordor is freaking epic.

Can understand the ravings of reviewers.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I feel that each successive Borderlands game has improved upon the previous. Playing as Wilhelm and BL2 will never be the same. RIP Wilhelm. I'm loving it, though. Except for the fact that every character is gay for whatever reason. I have no problem with gay people, it's just thrown in there for no reason. Like the writers decided, hey, we should shoehorn as many gay people into this game to appeal to the gay audience, and make mention of it at every corner. But that minor point aside, it's Borderlands, it's better, I love it.

I bought borderlands 2 to play online w/ my brother but we didn't care for it. Too complicated and boring. Currently enjoying Portal 2 and Littlebigplanet 2 way more :D

77yLQy8.png

Still really into Smite. I've never played a MOBA, and LoL never appealed to me. But the third person aspect of Smite is really cool imo. And the game is getting to have quite the player/fan base. There's a World Championship at the beginning of next year with a $1mil + prize pool. If you start playing, let me know, and I'll add you. Here's a link to download the game.

Haven't really been watching many games. I know quite a few have come out. Advanced Warefare bores me. Think I'm done with COD games. MCC has been having a rough start with matchmaking so far, so I haven't seen much content for it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I bought borderlands 2 to play online w/ my brother but we didn't care for it. Too complicated and boring. Currently enjoying Portal 2 and Littlebigplanet 2 way more :D

I wish my brother'd play Borderlands with me, but for whatever reason he doesn't like it. It's a shame because it's the best split-screen experience in years. We played a lot of Portal (Never finished it, but we played a lot) and he's never given LBP a proper go.

#rpgformod

Started Wolfenstein New World Order.

The nolstalgia of the first few levels is DEFINITELY there (you can even see a certain shadow of the old dos version of the assault rifle), but what I do like most about the game is that unlike most SP shooters where the story line almost happens exclusively between cutscenes or completing a certain mission objective and receiving orders/sitrep etc, this one actually continuously whispers your characters thoughts throughout, which is a bit more interesting because most of other time there is usually nothing between cutscenes/objectives besides shooting and looting.

Still continuing on FFXIII, if anyone bought the steam version, and isn't using GeDoSaTo, Square Enix announced a fix coming in December that would add resolution and video options to the game (which basically fixed the only major flaw with this PC port). Compared to other PC ports, this one isn't done too bad, I was able to get playable frame rates when downsampled from 4k resolution using GeDoSaTo using only a GTX 570, which (at least to me) is quite impressive given the visual fidelity of the game.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I finally decided to finish Darksiders. I remember buying it like 3 years ago. I got pretty in to it, then for some reason lost interest. Yesterday i decided to give it a go again, and i do not regret it. Damn, what an awesome game it turned out to be. A bit on the short side, to be honest, but it was great. 

EDIT: Have any of you ever played Ninja Blade? It's a pretty cool game, just a few things that annoy my. But i've been looking for a similar game for a while now, and i've been unable to really find anything like it. It's got some really cool mechanics. The story line is pretty stupid, in all honesty, but the game play is fun. I just hate a melee type game that has no lock-on option. Half the time i feel like i'm slicing and dicing the air.

Far Cry 3.

I'm a bit behind, but I finally got my sick gaming PC going and it was the first recent game with high-ish requirements that I saw. Plus 4 is out now and everyone's talking about it. I'm enjoying 3 a lot. It's turning out to be one of those games where you play for ages, decide 'It's been long enough, I should have a break', but then close it and fire it up again 20 minutes later. I'm loving exploring the island and doing tons of missions and hunting and playing the game.

#rpgformod

Last week I had to give a presentation, and this week the accompanying paper is due. To help me with the presentation, which was longer than any presentation I normally give, I wrote out pretty much a script so that I wouldn't forget things or resort to reading my own slides. That worked out pretty well, though I probably didn't look up as much as I should. Not a huge deal, we were being marked more on content than presentation skills.

Anyway, the script was 7 pages in a larger font (14), and the paper I have to write is supposed to be 5-10 pages single spaced, and after shrinking and double spacing my script, it's 9 pages long. So I'm pretty happy about this. It needs some editing, and it needs to be sourced (and it's not a formal research paper so the sourcing will be easier, which is only ever a good thing), but it's not going to be a huge hassle.

Sounds like a pretty sick game. Can I get it on PC yet? I heard they were working on a port months ago.

• Like 1

#rpgformod

Last week I had to give a presentation, and this week the accompanying paper is due. To help me with the presentation, which was longer than any presentation I normally give, I wrote out pretty much a script so that I wouldn't forget things or resort to reading my own slides. That worked out pretty well, though I probably didn't look up as much as I should. Not a huge deal, we were being marked more on content than presentation skills.

Anyway, the script was 7 pages in a larger font (14), and the paper I have to write is supposed to be 5-10 pages single spaced, and after shrinking and double spacing my script, it's 9 pages long. So I'm pretty happy about this. It needs some editing, and it needs to be sourced (and it's not a formal research paper so the sourcing will be easier, which is only ever a good thing), but it's not going to be a huge hassle.

Sounds like a pretty sick game. Can I get it on PC yet? I heard they were working on a port months ago.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. The game is called "I'm Clearly Not Paying Attention: Wrong Sub-Forum Addition". It's gotten some pretty positive reviews so far, and the PC port is spectacular.

• Like 4

Sale loot:

911: First Responders - It's good, but I have some major complaints about it. For one, the tutorial is seriously lacking. This turned out to be kind of a complex game, and almost none of it is explained in-game. Also, the pathfinding can be horrendous at times.

Aliens Vs. Predator (2010) - It's decent, though a little repetitive. Not sure if it's good enough to justify the 15GB it takes up.

Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 - Surprisingly addicting puzzle game. Bought this as part of my attempt to throw some money at games I've pirated, I feel like it gives my pro-piracy arguments some credibility.

Contagion - Pretty fun, though there's a lack of maps for some game modes. Haven't played with more than one other person yet, but it seems much better than when I watched Markiplier play it.

F.E.A.R. - The most outstanding AI I've ever seen in a video game, and it's almost a decade old. Why has no other game replicated this? It's kind of weak as a horror game, but an incredible shooter. I also like the lighting and particle effects during gunfights.

Flatout 2 - Figured it was worth the 2 bucks after seeing X-play rave over it when it came out. I've only played a little so far, and it seems pretty decent, despite being an obvious console port.

All in all, not bad for less than $20.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Agreed about Fear, just when you think you killed all of the bad guys, another one shot guns you in the face when you try to access the computer..

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I've been tinkering with the LCPD:FR mod (and some related mods) for GTA4 a bit during some of my downtime between exams. I've decided that I will probably never be totally clear on exactly which files go where without more trial and error runs than I want to perform without an SSD, so I have resigned myself to a few duplicated files (.asi files are supposed to be the root folder, but some mods only seem to work if I put them all in the scripts folder. I have no idea where  most of the ini files go. ELS for example at no point covers this in the documentation).

The mod is pretty fantastically unstable. Adding Bravehearts Policing to LCPD:FR 1.0c seems to have made the base mod more stable. It seems that policing always crashes first, often around the time I would expect LCPD:FR to die (~20 minutes +/-10), and then LCPD:FR dies around a couple of car chases later (there is something about collisions that really upsets the mod, even when I am not in a pursuit sometimes). On the other hand, the mod is pretty fun. Debating how much time and effort I want to put into getting some more mods. There are certainly one or two more I would like to have, and ELS was certainly worth the effort to figure out (I love having proper control of the lights and siren).

• 4 weeks later...

Steam winter sale at first wasn't that good but I really bought some good games over the past couple days.

Started out with getting Space engineers and I have to say I really like it. Then a friend of mine got me Banished and the elder scrolls anthology (from amazon). Next I picked up Dark souls 2 and Speedrunners. Yesterday I got also got Dishonored, The witcher 2 and finally the half life pack. I might also pick up Shadows of Mordor today...maybe...

However the biggest game I got for Christmas was Elite Dangerous. My best friend bought me a copy of the game. If anyone likes space sims you really need to check this game out.

2qwpvnq.jpg

\o/

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I recently bought Diablo III for the PC. Not a lot of players or community, I was just there to take a break from Runescape.

The expansion costs about 75 bucks, beaware!

Picked up Shadows of Mordor 40% off in the Steam Sale. In all honestly, after waiting to buy the game until after I upgraded my rig (a very sound decision I think), I had lost a lot of enthusiasm for buying it at all, and it was only the last minute sweetening of the sale that pushed me over the edge. I am enjoying it though. The game doesn't seem to be particularly difficult, but the combat is very fun. I also get the sense that this game was designed with the capabilities of future computers in mind (certainly wouldn't be the first game to do this). I can't imagine very many people have a graphics card with 6GB of RAM for example :lol:

I also picked up flight Simulator X because it was super cheap and I have a joystick and no flying games (I'm not sure why I have a joystick).

I'll also throw in the very recent release of LCPD:FR 1.0d for GTA:IV. They've made some changes and improvements, particularly to followers, but they also seem to have made massive strides in stability. Crashing after 15 minutes is no longer the norm, and my game now seems to be capable of making it to 45+ minutes as a regular thing. They also put in an auto save and restore feature so that all you have to do is reload the game and spawn in a new car, and you pick up pretty much where you left off, which makes resuming the game after a crash much faster and more enjoyable. That I didn't know they were developing a new version of the mod just makes things that much better for me.

I fell in love with Shadow of Mordor, even though the combat got pretty easy. But that nemesis system.

I will forever hate Dugza the Scholar.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc