Stupid clan names

Pan_Nx

Y Guy, try to take this to PM. I don't want this topic to turn into a flame war. Peter, you are no longer a member of *-P.K.M-* so I have no authority over you. However, I'd suggest that you stop it this instant. It's not getting too serious yet, but that's not the point of this topic.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y Guy, try to take this to PM. I don't want this topic to turn into a flame war. Peter, you are no longer a member of *-P.K.M-* so I have no authority over you. However, I'd suggest that you stop it this instant. It's not getting too serious yet, but that's not the point of this topic.

I have never flamed him and will never flame him. As I said In my earlier post he is clearly not going to own up so I am no longer going to argue.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I have never flamed him and will never flame him. As I said In my earlier post he is clearly not going to own up so I am no longer going to argue.

No, you were not really flaming. It was just something that was bound to turn into some and the fact that this isn't about private clan matters. Read my PM. We'll discuss it from there.

j0xPu5R.png

As a bystander and on neutral grounds I say this.

Didn't this started off by someone that you didn't like the "dots" in P.K. Masters? Well, to be honest, the reply afterwards was as defensive as it can get, if irrelevant to the rest of the argument. But really, Y guy took it a bit far and has a lot of accusatory tone to most of the posts. The only thing worse than a derogatory comment is to respond inappropriately to it.

But at the end of the day, you are in P.K. M, and if you as a member think is good as what people say you are, then why get so worked up about the name? Respect maybe, but why need a few more to respect your name when you can do it in RS and know you can do the talk? I know you are possibly offended and felt the clan was disrespected by whatever Peter said, but instigating an argument further lowers respect from observers much more than a petty comment will ever do.

---

On topic.

Any Cliche. Like Death Dragons or Runescape [insert name] or so obviously based off something, like Assassins Creed which was the rage for a couple months. Is not always bad to use these common names, but at least use it with creativity.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

As a bystander and on neutral grounds I say this.

Didn't this started off by someone that you didn't like the "dots" in P.K. Masters? Well, to be honest, the reply afterwards was as defensive as it can get, if irrelevant to the rest of the argument. But really, Y guy took it a bit far and has a lot of accusatory tone to most of the posts. The only thing worse than a derogatory comment is to respond inappropriately to it.

But at the end of the day, you are in P.K. M, and if you as a member think is good as what people say you are, then why get so worked up about the name? Respect maybe, but why need a few more to respect your name when you can do it in RS and know you can do the talk? I know you are possibly offended and felt the clan was disrespected by whatever Peter said, but instigating an argument further lowers respect from observers much more than a petty comment will ever do.

---

On topic.

Any Cliche. Like Death Dragons or Runescape [insert name] or so obviously based off something, like Assassins Creed which was the rage for a couple months. Is not always bad to use these common names, but at least use it with creativity.

You are mostly right, and I apologize. I apologize for getting defensive, but based on my knowledge of past events it seemed a lot worse then it was.

polvCwJ.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Anything with the following:

-ahem-

Associations with FPS/Military terms like Sniper, Stealth, Recon or Spec Ops related words (SEALs, etc) in the name

Anything to do with gangs, "da hood" or other such related terms/words

Anything with car names. Seriously, who the f--- calls their clan "The Ferraris"....

Anything involving drugs, sex or alcohol.

Anything involving another game.

Anything with Shadow, Black Knight, Uber, Pwnage or any other "leet speak" or stupid, idiotic generic names that a four year old could come up with.

Anything thats too long for someone to say without look back at their screens just to make sure they're typing it right! I mean you, you Warhunger RuneScape..... (Checks screen) Warriors?

And for those of you who hate the clans with "Runescape" in the name, let me remind you that RSD is consistently in the top 10 clan rankings and could send your sorry clan back to recruiting in Lumbridge if they felt bored.

In general, I dont see much of the stupid names now and I really dont care, but I think we all can agree that some clan named "Recon Sniper" or some BS like that will be loathed to the fullest extent. Plus, the name of a clan DOES matter. I mean, who would be scared of some clan called "The Fairies"?

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!

The Stricken Cards, I see that name and I'm like what the heck is that? Some playing cards that picked up a tropical disease?

PK Masters, kind of an odd name but if the name works go with it. How long have they been around?

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

The moriquendi or whatever always reminded me of some kind of second rate native american candy corn.

did you know that jaguar rhymes with something along the lines of [bleep]wire? I'm just sayin........

I always thought Anarchy was a stupid name. Why is it Anarchy, when there are ranks and applications, etc? At the very best, it should have been called Dictatorship, or Communism. That probably would have made them less terrible too.

member.png

Former Leader of The Corruption

Proud Founder of The Corruption

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a

small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker

country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in

strength."

The Stricken Cards, I see that name and I'm like what the heck is that? Some playing cards that picked up a tropical disease?

PK Masters, kind of an odd name but if the name works go with it. How long have they been around?

6 years, one month, and 8 days.

polvCwJ.gif

The moriquendi or whatever always reminded me of some kind of second rate native american candy corn.

did you know that jaguar rhymes with something along the lines of [bleep]wire? I'm just sayin........

I always thought Anarchy was a stupid name. Why is it Anarchy, when there are ranks and applications, etc? At the very best, it should have been called Dictatorship, or Communism. That probably would have made them less terrible too.

Ah! You have retained your phonics after all these years. I think "[bleep]war" sounds cooler, though. That might actually be a legitimate nickname ;)

I'm better than you.

as easy as pure knights can bash the name of anarachy, others can say the same for corruption... just saying lol

becareful you guys in corruption, word on the street is that clan cited on the first page called 'leather boys' may take pure knights! :P i don't know what boys in leather would see in pure knights #-o

i don't think anything wrong with most clan names but yea that 1 "leather boys" was funny! =D> leather boys ftw!

Shakazulu ~ Member of Clan Jaguar since April 2002

Clan Jaguar ~ 7 years as of July 12th

27 Minute Slideshow Tribute to Clan Jaguar

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=6CCGLAJI

as easy as pure knights can bash the name of anarachy, others can say the same for corruption... just saying lol

becareful you guys in corruption, word on the street is that clan cited on the first page called 'leather boys' may take pure knights! :P i don't know what boys in leather would see in pure knights #-o

i don't think anything wrong with most clan names but yea that 1 "leather boys" was funny! =D> leather boys ftw!

They might take me to that jail near Draynor, where all those guards wear leather "armour".

I'm surprised to see you still around Lucca, moreso then seeing Shakazulu around. Actually I don't know, both are pretty unexpected. It's rare when you see a fossil come out of the Museum.

I'll bash Anarchy all I please thank-you very much. After all, I certainly did help do the clan world a favour by aiding in their downfall \'

But I'm not sure I see this argument you state. In fact, according to a poll over on Zybez, sounds to me like most people like the name The Corruption :thumbsup: To be fair, that probably has more to do with our place in the clan-world rather then the name itself, since when RSD and DI were at the top, people were infatuated with their names as well.

I think the name is relevant though, as there is really a lot of Corruption in The Corruption. I once even took a bribe from XhitpointzX to make him a Leader at one point in time, haha. Faking reasons to kick people, and just overall not running a democracy, sounds pretty Corrupt to me. That's why I like the name (aside from the fact that I thought it up).

Atleast we aren't some cat, cuz hey, we all know what cats are ;)

All this back-and-forthness reminds me of the old days, and how I miss them so dearly haha. <3: you guys. Come back and rebuild The Alliance so we can fight some more

member.png

strength."

They might take me to that jail near Draynor, where all those guards wear leather "armour".

I'm surprised to see you still around Lucca, moreso then seeing Shakazulu around. Actually I don't know, both are pretty unexpected. It's rare when you see a fossil come out of the Museum.

I'll bash Anarchy all I please thank-you very much. After all, I certainly did help do the clan world a favour by aiding in their downfall \'

But I'm not sure I see this argument you state. In fact, according to a poll over on Zybez, sounds to me like most people like the name The Corruption :thumbsup: To be fair, that probably has more to do with our place in the clan-world rather then the name itself, since when RSD and DI were at the top, people were infatuated with their names as well.

I think the name is relevant though, as there is really a lot of Corruption in The Corruption. I once even took a bribe from XhitpointzX to make him a Leader at one point in time, haha. Faking reasons to kick people, and just overall not running a democracy, sounds pretty Corrupt to me. That's why I like the name (aside from the fact that I thought it up).

Atleast we aren't some cat, cuz hey, we all know what cats are ;)

All this back-and-forthness reminds me of the old days, and how I miss them so dearly haha. <3: you guys. Come back and rebuild The Alliance so we can fight some more

Why would it be so surprising to see me around? I got into this game way too young. I've got a good 3 years of trolling left in me, though not quite so much ambition to actually play the game. Speaking of Anarchy... XDX and Chronic recently tried to recruit me for their new clan (if it's still around?). I come around here more when I need to recoup from pissing everyone off over on our end. Do tip.it mods care if I go off topic a little? It's not as if I'm taking attention away from anything relevent...

Exercitum is also a crap name.

I'm better than you.

As far as I know, they'll let us get off on a bit of a tangent, such as this.

I fail to see how it's doing any harm here anyhow, we're just adding posts to the community, which should be something they're looking for.

I say it's surprising to see you around because I haven't seen you posting anywhere. Good to know you still harass Jagz over on their boards, I still do the same for Corr too.

On the subject of Chronic & XDX though, their clan is actually relevant to this discussion.

The name they have for it is "Intent 2 Kill" and it's some crashing clan. Just another stab by Chronic trying to start something, maybe he's trying to be the next Raimus, start a new clan with the same band of idiots that keep failing? With a name like Intent 2 Kill, I think it's destined for failure anyway.

Funny thing is, I think XDX got kicked out or something. I was going to go over to their boards and say Hello to him, then I saw that his Rank on their forum was "Banned". Guess him and Chronic had a little tiff, haha.

As much as people hate him, XDX is still better then that. I don't think he would stoop to the levels Chronic would/has. I saw Raimus was on their member list too actually. Funny. I wonder which Raimus it is.

member.png

strength."

aw man i don't want to leave the impression that i don't like Corruption's clan name I WAS JUST KIDDING :-#

It's a cool name

i just like Anarchy's name as well :P

the way i see it, people could make fun of corruption just like anarchy... a weak attempt to get a jive outta ya :lol:

i never really thought runescape clan names were stupid though, but then again comin from a different generation and havn't kept up with the current clans...

anyways, "leather boys" ftw rofl

rs classic clans > any rs2 clan

corruption is classic rs clan

corruption > any rs2 clan

<3:

Raimus is like bigfoot. I can't even remember how many different people claim to be raimus. I was friends with one of them! He was some rich dude, or claimed to be. I do find it rather funny though. I would have expected XDX to do the majority of the kicking. Clans were more fun when you could do whatever you wanted and not have a mob indignant teenagers preaching about how you have offended their pseudo code of honor.

I'm better than you.

Ah! You have retained your phonics after all these years. I think "[bleep]war" sounds cooler, though. That might actually be a legitimate nickname ;)

Luruption; what?

As for terrible names, dragon wood has always been a thorn in my head.

i think i should make a new noob

woody247 :mrgreen:

are you serious there's a clan named dragon wood? :lol:

sad thing they maybe a decent clan top it off o god :lol:

wormy enough of the solo stint, swing back home :P

ps: The Corruption total RIPOFF of Corruption lmao

pure knights, do what you did to anarachy with the corruption! there's only so much corruption we can take :ohnoes:

I think black knight's is stupid. Too many rsb clans lvl 30+ use that name along with the name white knights. Its too common and not original.

This topic is stupid tbh its gonna result in a flame fest if not already.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

I think black knight's is stupid. Too many rsb clans lvl 30+ use that name along with the name white knights. Its too common and not original.

This topic is stupid tbh its gonna result in a flame fest if not already.

Blacknights is atleast acceptable due to the time at which they were created. Not the best name, but it's certainly "their" name.

I've actually never been too fond of Divine Forces either though. As much as I do dislike the clan itself, I dislike the name because I think it takes two generic terms and slaps them together for a generic name. Divine has been done so many times, so has Forces.

It's actually kind of reminiscent of Mystic Knights. Two terms that were greatly overused and then slapped together.

Now that I think about it, there's a lot of names I don't like. I must be a cruel bastard.

member.png

strength."